PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The Divisions of Death (DoD)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Screwie
11-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Although Wrestle can be just as invaluable on a lineman, depending on his race. Elfy linemen with the Agility access can back it up with Jump Up so it doesn't slow them down at all.

Squiz
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Block, for example, is invaluable on a lineman or, well, a blocker, but a luxury on a blitzer.I would disagree. You want to have your Blitzes work as often as possible. Just because you can often dictate the situation in which your Blitz takes place, it doesn't mean that it will succeed just as often. Blitzes are what make and break whole games.

At the same time, having no Block on your Blitzers mean that they can be blocked down more easily by the opposition, thereby reducing their effectivity (be it through reduced range after getting up, being not able to simply block back the next turn with a heavy hitter, which Blitzers often are, not being able to hold their own by their own in the enemy backfield, or by simply not being able to plug holes in your defense*).

I say, Block, sometimes maybe exchanged for Juggernaut, is essential on all serious Blitzing pieces.

*All these points maybe be of less significance when it comes to St4+ pieces, as their Strength already gives them increased defensive capabilities.

Edit: I just realised the discussion centered around Elf teams. Sorry if I got it all wrong, where you talking about Blitzers as in the Elf team piece, or Blitzer as a position/role?

Everblue
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Wrestle is good and so far it's been my preferred choice, although as a third skill I think if any of my linemen ever lived that long (none have) I would take fend to cancel piling on (the biggest cause of death on my linemen to date).

What concerns me though is that I read an alarming comment from an orc coach recently who's started taking juggernaught on his blitzers now that Cyanide have fixed the bug, so that wrestle-dodge players are effectively unskilled when blitzed. Fend is also no protection there.

With that in mind I may move back to block for linemen.

Everblue
11-03-2013, 03:14 PM
I would disagree. You want to have your Blitzes work as often as possible. Just because you can often dictate the situation in which your Blitz takes place, it doesn't mean that it will succeed just as often. Blitzes are what make and break whole games.

At the same time, having no Block on your Blitzers mean that they can be blocked down more easily by the opposition, thereby reducing their effectivity (be it through reduced range after getting up, being not able to simply block back the next turn with a heavy hitter, which Blitzers often are, not being able to hold their own by their own in the enemy backfield, or by simply not being able to plug holes in your defense).

I say, Block, sometimes maybe exchanged for Juggernaut, is essential on all serious Blitzing pieces.

But that's the point. Block doesn't really help you get the knockdown since at high TV everyone has block. Yes, occasionally you will roll double skulls/both down (1/9), but that's when you use your team reroll. Block (so the theory goes) is mainly useless for killing on a blitzer, it just saves you a reroll occasionally.

President Weasel
11-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Blitzers tend to come with block already. If you're talking about building a blitzer, are you sure you're not actually talking about building safeties or ball-winners? Those pieces should have wrestle and tackle (wrackle) or wrestle and strip ball (wr... wripball?) or all three. Their job is to take people down and spill the ball; blitzers are for putting the hurt on people.

Squiz
11-03-2013, 03:30 PM
But that's the point. Block doesn't really help you get the knockdown since at high TV everyone has block. Yes, occasionally you will roll double skulls/both down (1/9), but that's when you use your team reroll. Block (so the theory goes) is mainly useless for killing on a blitzer, it just saves you a reroll occasionally.You forget that you still need to get there. Of course you could develop a Blitzer lateron in the team's career, but still then, you lose one player with hitting capabilities for defensive play.

Also, what's wrong with saving a reroll AND preventing regular turnovers on the key move of your turn? What if you already used your reroll at the beginning of your turn?

Edit: Also also, not EVERY player in high TV settings has Block. For example, you'd need a lot of doubles to have a full set of Skinks with that skill and you definitely want to hunt those guys down. Even with Wrestle on the opponent, you get that guy on the ground.

cyberpunkdreams
11-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Blitzers tend to come with block already. If you're talking about building a blitzer, are you sure you're not actually talking about building safeties or ball-winners? Those pieces should have wrestle and tackle (wrackle) or wrestle and strip ball (wr... wripball?) or all three. Their job is to take people down and spill the ball; blitzers are for putting the hurt on people.

Juggernaut and strip ball (juggerball?) are all you need. The bomb. They're only keeping the ball on double skulls. Unless they have sure hands, of course.

President Weasel
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Which they will have as soon as they start seeing strippernaut (hah) players in any large numbers, and then it will be "thanks for the pushes, see ya".

Screwie
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
strippernaut

If City of Heroes was still around, that would be the name of my next alt right there.

Everblue
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Well we started talking about a necro werewolf and whether to take mighty blow or block as first skill. My point was he'll be a pretty feckin amazing blitzer just with mighty blow. Yes, you'll want block eventually, but it's not a big deal early on.

I did something similar with a high elf catcher - got a double first go and picked up mighty blow, and then tackle. I blitzed with him almost every turn for every game after he got mighty blow. I got dodge as the third skill, as I figured that the extra mobility would be worth more than the block, and he took block as the fourth skill. He finished joint top in casualties in his division in his first season (in a division with orc, undead, and necro teams). Even without block or dodge he was an absolute beast, and fast enough to keep safe.

I'm not taking about strippers - I agree that there you want strip ball (ok, I have been convinced, I was wrong to doubt it in the past) and wrestle. As an elf coach I have better things to spend my doubles on than juggernaught!

Chillydusk
11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey guys, just noticed today is the last day for 1st game according to the spreadsheet. Weren't we supposed to get some more time?

Squiz
11-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Well we started talking about a necro werewolf and whether to take mighty blow or block as first skill. My point was he'll be a pretty feckin amazing blitzer just with mighty blow. Yes, you'll want block eventually, but it's not a big deal early on. Ok, that removes the basis for my argument then, I thought you were talking about Block in general on Blitzers.

Everblue
11-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Ok, that removes the basis for my argument then, I thought you were talking about Block in general on Blitzers.

:)

I think we do indeed differ a little bit re block, and so there is a reasonable basis for an argument. Hell, we've never needed much of a reason before!

Karthon
11-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Still can't get hold of My opponent, Ielandco, What should i do guys???

Heliocentric
11-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Still can't get hold of My opponent, Ielandco, What should i do guys???

I'll get the tape, can someone else get the bricks?

edit: just Karthon him on steam, was on-line n hour ago, I'll keep an eye open.

Chillydusk
11-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Is he even registered there? I can't find anyone by that name on the rps bloodbowl group.

Heliocentric
11-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Just search the name, it is there.

sinister agent
11-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Division F

Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazon, sinister agent) Vs Boatmurdered Athletics (Dwarf, Joose)

A broad write up for this one as I wasn't taking notes, but damn I wish I had been. A scoreless draw that really deserved a touchdown or two on both sides, with lots of fierce blocking, psychotic troll slayer kamikaze charges (which mostly worked), half a dozen injuries, a mangled dwarf, a kill that an apothecary saved (!), and of course, given the 500+ value difference, Morg.

The first half saw the dwarves receiving, but the ball being knocked away from them despite some brutal blocking, caging, and clever marking by the deathroller. The Nightmares retreated and tried to sneak the ball away, but with no luck, and the drive became one long, rolling scrum all over the place. Morg was a star, but everyone pulled their weight, with the Amazons' two Wrestling liners stalling several charges, and the Dwarves taking full advantage of Stand Firm and endless Blackle everywhere to shut down the Amazons' running/short passing game.

The second half went similarly, with the Amazons receiving and knocking over half the dwarven team, but disaster struck when Morg rolled double skulls on a crucial block, then rerolled another two skulls. From then on, it seemed that Nuffle had grown weary of watching us both roll such great blocks and dodges, and just about everything we tried went wrong. Morg went from blitzing and dodging clear of four dwarves to quadruple skulls, failed GFIs and Loner laughing in his face, while even with half a dozen Dwarves on the ball (including an agility 4 mutant), the Boatmurdered dice were simply refusing to let the last piece of the cage fall into place.

Come turn 15 I was within a single turn of a winning touchdown, but had to try a GFI to make it work. You already know how that went. Joose wisely abandoned the ball by this point, and settled in for the traditional Injury Time play, about which I could do pretty much nothing with so much guard and tackle.

A fun game, but a real shame that the dice turned sour and nobody got the points they deserved. I am pleased that Mara the Devil Guard managed to cause her first proper injury on a Dwarf, and that the only serious casualty on my side was a speed-wrecking smashed ankle on poor Andra the Sly.

Hurrah for Boatmurdered and the Nightmares! Bitter curses for Stand Firm, Wrestle, and Nuffle the Killjoy!

The Brain
11-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Didn't realise my hypothetical debate about MB vs Block would cause such a debate. As it is he rolled +AG so he is now officially an angry, hairy elf!

Heliocentric
11-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Didn't realise my hypothetical debate about MB vs Block would cause such a debate

One* time I said people should foul more.... Got throthy.

*Or another number greater than 0.

Chillydusk
12-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Nope, can't find any lelandco or Ielandco there... maybe its just my steam being negative.

sadface
12-03-2013, 12:20 AM
*edit* Oops, accidentally posted on Alini's account (busted computer): the opinion below and any disagreement with it should be associated entirely with NieA7 :p

But that's the point. Block doesn't really help you get the knockdown since at high TV everyone has block.

Can't help but think this is a bit of a misconception, it feels that way but there are all sorts of players you wouldn't expect to find block on even at high TV. Stunties, big guys, rookie replacements, blockers that take ages to level, elfs (who often get dodge first), throwers, there's loads of them. Getting them on the floor means a potential injury, not having block means possibly using a re-roll. Wrestle is a very nice alternative and juggs offers good utility with or without block, but I'd much, much, much rather play a team loaded up with fend (for example) than one loaded up with block.

Everblue
12-03-2013, 12:51 AM
But the point was not about a team "loaded up" with anything other than block. Block is good if you are blocking a lot. It's less useful (I think) than other skills such as mighty blow, claw, piling on, tackle on a specific killer build.

The killer will be blitzing once a turn. I can handle 11% risk, once per turn. If it comes up I'll burn a reroll. This isn't just me and my opinion - go to BBtactics.com and look at Netsmurf's chaos team. If you are in the OCC, go look at Telorast. Really good coaches who don't have block on their killers.

My point was if you are building a killer, I don't think you need block early on. Get stuff that will actually help the guy do his job. And yes you might do better with block if you are hitting players who can't take block themselves (big guys and skinks), but most of the time you aren't. You might take block later on, but not necessarily.

If your guy has block *already*, like an amazon killer, an orc killer, a human killer blitzer, etc, then fine. But that skill doesn't do much for your killer. For a norse coach (like Corkir said above), or a chaos/khorne/necro coach skipping block as first skill on your killer is fine. Maybe even optimal.

For linemen of course, you take block. If you are rolling lots of block dice, then you want something to make many rolls not fail - which is block. Using TRRs to compensate for lack of block on linemen is not efficient. Look at my teams online - lots of block. But on my killer (Abandoning Hope on my chaos team, Valley of the Dolls on my khorne team, Nesanton Vanval on my high elf team) I don't take block first skill.

chadsexington
12-03-2013, 01:20 AM
anyone know how to dump the WYSIWYG editing style in here? This is really starting to irritate me when I'm trying to fine-tune formatted posts

chadsexington
12-03-2013, 01:38 AM
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=219092&lang=en

Div G week 2 game done. I racked up KOs far too quickly for joey to respond to. Block dice were the same (though I made more), I just led the injury dice and he was unable to deal with the disadvantage.

GG.

Squiz
12-03-2013, 08:40 AM
The killer will be blitzing once a turn. I can handle 11% risk, once per turn. If it comes up I'll burn a reroll. This isn't just me and my opinion - go to BBtactics.com and look at Netsmurf's chaos team. If you are in the OCC, go look at Telorast. Really good coaches who don't have block on their killers.To that I would reply that I'd like to maximize my chances of successfully knocking down the opposition (we are talking about killers after all). Of course this depends on the opposition, but since I would not expect every potential target to be equipped with Block or Wrestle (see sadface's post above), especially at lower TVs, your chance of a KD increases by ~15-20% (from 55.5% to 75% without RR, or 80% to 94% with RR with 2D blocks).

I get your point Everblue and I do understand the rational behind it, but you said yourself that at higher TV, block loses a lot of potential effectiveness. Why then delay taking it to these later stages of player development? I could see the case for MB and Claw though.

I find it difficult to form a judgment here. Your references to successful coaches are fine, but I guess there are at least as many good coaches who would argue otherwise, so I am not sure this is helping your argument to go beyond a "It's not worse than other choices.". But obviously it's not that easy. As you said, your choices depend heavily on your team/race and on its partiuclar strenghts.

NieA7
12-03-2013, 08:42 AM
@Everblue: block isn't necessarily a killing skill, but not having it makes your killer (who'll be the target of a lot of attention) much more of a target. Plus it depends on the nature of the killer - ST4/AV9 chaos warriors can get away with being punched a lot more than a beastman or slann blitzer (not that that makes getting punched a good idea). If you're building an entire side around killing other dudes first and worrying about the ball later then maybe (so norse), otherwise block's tactical use surely outweighs the advantage of claw/piling on earlier in development - if nothing else it gives your killer a chance of standing in base to base contact with something when they're blitzed.

Course, the joy of blood bowl is that there's no one best way of doing things, a side full of MB/Claw/Piling On will still be effective regardless.

mrpier
12-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Managing the risk of a block-less blitz on your own turn is well and good, but you don't want to have your blitzer/killer blitzed/blocked down on the opponents turn either. He is a prime target, and block will help keep him upright/on the pitch, you won't be able to protect him after every blitz. I don't think taking MB first on a blitzing piece is a mistake, but it does mean extra risk and is a bit more demanding on good positional play, some coaches thinks that is a worthwhile trade-off, but I'm not convinced yet.

JayTee
12-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Keeping your killer standing up so he doesn't get fouled to death sounds pretty key, especially if you're playing someone with cheap disposable linemen who tend to pick up DP. Or Helio playing anything with legs.

Heliocentric
12-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I'll get the tape, can someone else get the bricks?

edit: just Karthon him on steam, was on-line n hour ago, I'll keep an eye open.

Wow, I is stupid. I added you not him.

Ignore me.

Heliocentric
12-03-2013, 09:21 AM
@JayTee, I'm actually barely fouling the last few games and I've had a corresponding spree of losses.

In fixtures news I lost 2-1 vs drawlien's dwarves, apparently there were weighted dice and I failed about 10 2+ rolls, many of those rerolled.

Mortality joins Freedom in my list of previous catchers, but this time no-one died.
I'm tempted to keep the -ST, niggle player for the LoS...

sinister agent
12-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Do it! See how badly mangled you can get him without actually killing him off.

Someone needs to put together a whole team of those, in fact. The Obstinauts.

Screwie
12-03-2013, 11:37 AM
So I finally bought my second witch elf... just in time for her to get mauled by groovy's team and General Zod in particular. This could go very badly.

JayTee
12-03-2013, 12:03 PM
@JayTee, I'm actually barely fouling the last few games and I've had a corresponding spree of losses. Nuffle no longer likes what he sees; you know what you have to do.

My current excuse is that I'm waiting on at least one Dirty Player Hobgoblin before the stamping will recommence. I already miss my SG/DP skeleton who I could throw at anyone on the floor with minimal risk and maximal fun.

Axler
12-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Can a admin roll Div J on to day two please?

potatoedoughnut
12-03-2013, 03:00 PM
To that I would reply that I'd like to maximize my chances of successfully knocking down the opposition (we are talking about killers after all). Of course this depends on the opposition, but since I would not expect every potential target to be equipped with Block or Wrestle (see sadface's post above), especially at lower TVs, your chance of a KD increases by ~15-20% (from 55.5% to 75% without RR, or 80% to 94% with RR with 2D blocks).

I ran numbers a while ago on the whole injury process from block to cas roll and tried to figure out which skills will give the biggest cas % gain and if I remember correctly it was:

1) PO
2) MB or Claw (IIRC Claw for 8+ AV)
3) Block or MB (MB if Claw is #2)

Obviously claw does nothing against AV7, but the real winner is PO. Of course you're putting your man on the ground every turn, which you may or may not want to do.

It all depends on how badly you want those cas. If you want to build a killer and that's all he does, take PO & MB/claw and forget about block. If you want to make an all around useful player block is much higher on the priority list. If you want to make a roadblock or marker (ie someone whose job is to not fall down) then block is a must.

ChainsawHands
12-03-2013, 03:05 PM
These numbers don't take into account being knocked down or injured on your opponent's turn. And even with PO you'll need to be blitzing (or maybe jump upping if they stand beside you) every turn. Block might give you a lower cas % for when you hit, but you'll hit more often (and be a more useful player for other stuff, too).

Heliocentric
12-03-2013, 04:33 PM
I make the following pledges to nuffle in my next match. Every even numbered turn I I will foul before I have any interaction with the ball(other than punching people holding or around the ball).

To be verbose and specific, on even numbered turn (2,4,6,8,10,12 14,16) I will not pick up the ball, pass the ball, hand off, or move a ball carrier without first attempting to foul that turn.

If it is not possible to foul then I must generate circumstances that permit fouling as soon as possible.

I hereby testify.

Everblue
12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
I ran numbers a while ago on the whole injury process from block to cas roll and tried to figure out which skills will give the biggest cas % gain and if I remember correctly it was:

1) PO
2) MB or Claw (IIRC Claw for 8+ AV)
3) Block or MB (MB if Claw is #2)

Obviously claw does nothing against AV7, but the real winner is PO. Of course you're putting your man on the ground every turn, which you may or may not want to do.

It all depends on how badly you want those cas. If you want to build a killer and that's all he does, take PO & MB/claw and forget about block. If you want to make an all around useful player block is much higher on the priority list. If you want to make a roadblock or marker (ie someone whose job is to not fall down) then block is a must.

Numbers are all here

http://ecbbl.doubleskulls.net/injury.php

EDIT - Although yes that doesn't factor in block. Still - might be useful.

Screwie
12-03-2013, 04:46 PM
I make the following pledges to nuffle in my next match. Every even numbered turn I I will foul before I have any interaction with the ball(other than punching people holding or around the ball).

To be verbose and specific, on even numbered turn (2,4,6,8,10,12 14,16) I will not pick up the ball, pass the ball, hand off, or move a ball carrier without first attempting to foul that turn.

If it is not possible to foul then I must generate circumstances that permit fouling as soon as possible.

I hereby testify.

Excellent :D

potatoedoughnut
12-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Numbers are all here

http://ecbbl.doubleskulls.net/injury.php

EDIT - Although yes that doesn't factor in block. Still - might be useful.

Yup, cool. Yeah you can just multiply all the values by a flat % knockdown for block/no block/dodge/etc

mrpier
12-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Could an admin reset the match between me and leftfield in Div. C please?

20phoenix
12-03-2013, 05:39 PM

I hereby testify.

Amen brother

Everblue
12-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Yup, cool. Yeah you can just multiply all the values by a flat % knockdown for block/no block/dodge/etc

Yeah true, but you'll get a different figure depending on whether your target has block or dodge or not, which is Squirrel's point

EDIT - I see that's what you were saying. Sorry - it's been a long week and my brain isn't working very well today.

Squiz
12-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Yeah true, but you'll get a different figure depending on whether your target has block or dodge or not, which is Squirrel's pointTotally forgot about Dodge in my calculations, good point.

mrpier
12-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Hum, it seems Div. C has been rolled on to match day two, and I've got a loss I shouldn't have had. I would at least have liked to get a draw out of the cyanided match against leftfield010.

I do appreciate the admins work around here, but please don't validate matches that are not marked with a result in the spreadsheet. :-)

Leftfield010: I have marked it up as a 0-0 in the spreadsheet at least.

Heliocentric
12-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Leftfield010: I have marked it up as a 0-0 in the spreadsheet at least.

Orca Cola have a practice of making a "draw league" for teams robbed and of SPP by administrative haste where players are granted the 1TD and 1MVP they missed out on .

potatoedoughnut
12-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Orca Cola have a practice of making a "draw league" for teams robbed and of SPP by administrative haste where players are granted the 1TD and 1MVP they missed out on .

I don't want to speak for mrpeir, but I think the issue is that he posted in the thread specifically asking for div C match to be reset, but instead it was validated (with no results entered in spreadsheet).

Screwie
12-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah that's unfortunate :(

cyberpunkdreams
12-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Yeah that's unfortunate :(

I've had it happen before a couple of times, well annoying.

On the subject of needing resets, I'm pretty sure that if both players alt-f4 or crash out of a hung game, Cyanide doesn't record it having been there at all and resets are not required.

Dentharial
13-03-2013, 09:05 AM
The following is a very late and from-memory match report.

Week 1 Div L

Lorei'elf (Elves, Dentharial) VS Goes Well With Port (Skaven, Alini/sadface)

I started out with High Elves in the divisions before I went all orcy, and I've played some Wood Elves in the public leagues, but this was my first time with just plain old no-frills 'Elves'. I'll just quote myself from somewhere in the middle of the match:

"Elves are ridiculous, and I'm sorry."

The fact of the matter is, I made a lot of stupid mistakes, where I let my elves get bashed badly, or attempted a ridiculous dodge before standing up other elves and moving tackle zones around, and I got punished for it with turnovers and KOs. But time after time, I was subsequently able to succeed at ridiculous dodges and passes, and pull out a maneuver that would at least put me in a more comfortable position.

However, the play of the match undoubtedly goes to Alini in the closing seconds of the game. With 1 turn each left on the board, her gutter runner had the ball, and was in range of the touchline (even without GFIs), and relatively safe in a half-cage against the touchline. Through a couple of blocks I managed to block the runner's way forward with the knocked-down bodies of his teammates, and then surrounded the cage with other markers to ensure he had nowhere else to run. I hit End Turn, and sat back, relatively content in my 3-2 victory.

The first minute went by with nothing happening.

Then the second minute.

Then...ratmen started to move. Carefully, and deliberately. There's marking up of my markers, a blitz, and suddenly the iron grip of the elves is beginning to look decidedly more wimpy. Each move was very clearly carefully planned out, and I gradually got more and more incredulous that Alini was spotting each way to unravel my trap. With barely 20 seconds left on the clock, a second gutter runner ran forward into the end zone, and then the ball carrier retreated back the wrong way up the pitch, ran sideways a short distance, and then made the pass to tie up the game. Annoying as it was to have victory snatched from my grasp in such a manner, I couldn't help but applaud it.

Final Score: ​Lorei'elf 3 - 3 Goes Well With Port

Vexing Vision
13-03-2013, 10:04 AM
So... not sure any of you remembers my super bloodthirsty Amazon crew, but it's been close to a year now and I'd like to get involved again. Even upgraded my version recently. :)

I am seriously looking forward to starting from scratch again. Just not entirely certain which team to go with just yet...

Screwie
13-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Wow, it's already been nearly a year?

Welcome back, VV!

sinister agent
13-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Division F still needs validating for game 1, please.

And VV! Go with human beans, maybe? They're a bit like Amazons, only swapping the dodge and blitzers for armour and better runners.

Vexing Vision
13-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Thinking to go Wood.

It's a bloody shame that ntw isn't around, I wanted to scare him some more with bloodthirsty woodelves.

I kind of like the feeling of the Chaos Dwarfs too, but the temptation to continually do Agi2 passes would be too high.

/edit Addendum:

The temptation to reroll a new Amazon team is also incredibly high. One day I'll win that bloody Championship. One day. I still have a few weeks to decide, right?

Karthon
13-03-2013, 12:34 PM
if you play CDWA just don't let bull centaur do all the scoring.
usually ends up with underpowered hobgobs, dwarfs will get spp from beating people up if you're playing properly, so hobgobs will get left behind xD

President Weasel
13-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure what's up with the sheet, but today's ten days from when the league kicked off.

Anyone who hasn't played their game yet, get it done or see it admined (and post here if you're playing it this evening so I don't admin it by mistake. Anyone who has played their match, make sure the score is in the spreadsheet.

Going to try for a slightly shorter week for week 2 in order to make reality match the sheet. Try to get your week 2 games done by the 21st, which is a week tomorrow.

Karthon
13-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Can't get hold of my opponent to play first week game, Ielandco i think it was,
what should do?
tried email, steam, and he isnt registered here yet somehow

Screwie
13-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Ielandco is a friend of Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo and seems to have had trouble registering on the forum (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?7517-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-Divisions-of-Death-(DoD)&p=268523&viewfull=1#post268523).

I would definitely recommend contacting Joeyjojo and asking him to nudge Ielandco/see what's up.

(EDIT: Also, is his name Ielandco or Lelandco?)

Sometimes newcomers do drop out due to sudden lack of interest or unplanned time commitments. If it comes to the worst, then the admins will decide the default outcome of an unplayed match based on the activity of the participants.

Since you have done a lot of chasing and your opponent has not, you will probably get the default win. Not the fun option, but you won't lose out entirely.

smaug81
13-03-2013, 02:29 PM
So... not sure any of you remembers my super bloodthirsty Amazon crew. . .

How could I forget the team that systematically dismantled my poor Brolafs in the course of a single match and set me on my current Nurgly path? :P

Welcome back! (Nearly a year, really? Eeesh. Hard to believe I've been in the Divs that long.)

Chillydusk
13-03-2013, 02:46 PM
(EDIT: Also, is his name Ielandco or Lelandco?)

I copied the name he wrote in the spreadsheet and changed font to make l differents from I. According to that experiment, the name is Lelandco.

20phoenix
13-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure what's up with the sheet, but today's ten days from when the league kicked off.

Anyone who hasn't played their game yet, get it done or see it admined (and post here if you're playing it this evening so I don't admin it by mistake. Anyone who has played their match, make sure the score is in the spreadsheet.

Going to try for a slightly shorter week for week 2 in order to make reality match the sheet. Try to get your week 2 games done by the 21st, which is a week tomorrow.

Playing tonight PW

Axler
13-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Can a admin roll Div J on to day two please?

**nudge**.

Jolima
13-03-2013, 08:25 PM
**nudge**.
I've rolled it on.

Edit: Should we move admin requests into the sheet instead? That makes them a bit less likely to be missed indefinitely at least.

Heliocentric
13-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I've rolled it on.

*Wink wink*

NieA7
13-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Champs: Death Vengeance of Doom (Lizards, wink5000) vs. Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me)

Losing the Ag4 ghoul at the end of the previous season put a massive hole in Claw's lineup but allowed for some creative accounting on team value. Weighing up the options I went for an extra team re-roll, a coach and cheerleader and a couple more zombies (I was intending to foul a lot but the zombies spent most their time standing next to Sauruseses), without hiring a replacement rookie ghoul.

Doom won the toss and elected to receive. Claw's defense started poorly with several players out of position, but the situation slowly turned around with more and more Saurus getting marked out of the action allowing the wights and wolves to go to work on the skinks. A breakout was narrowly stopped by a wight making a dodge and GFI blitz, but the skink on the receiving end was KO'd leaving the ball almost out of lizardy hands. A double push blitz from the freakish block/ST4 skink left no clear route to the ball, but it didn't make any difference - without a team re-roll on hand the cursed thing managed to dodge through three tackle zones (all of which had tackle) and make the pickup to score on turn 7.

With two turns left in the half Claw went for a weighted set up, marking saurus and the krox wherever possible and piling down the left side of the pitch. Doom only managed a few pushes on their turn but nothing serious, allowing Claw to run in an equaliser on turn 8 after a little creative blocking and blitzing.

Receiving at the start of the second half Claw get things rolling by injuring a saurus, but that was about as good as it got. Electing to stall a little a series of silly mistakes (setting up to surf a sidestep skink, marking the ST4 one instead of a ST2 one) lead to a massive brawl in the middle of the pitch from which neither team emerged victorious, a last gasp attempt at a werewolf touchdown on turn 8 failing on a dodge into space.

All in all it was a pretty tactical but uninspiring match. That said while the lizards only suffered a couple of badly hurts Claw sustained two career ending injuries (-AV on a level 4 wolf and -ST on the level 3 ghoul). This leaves them with a grand total of 3 agility 3 players for their next match, with an average move of 6 between them. Losing 12 player levels over two matches is unfortunate, doubly so when Grinn's Orcs are designed around ripping other teams apart. Winning the champs isn't much of an option any more, to be honest even survival is looking rather ambitious at this point.

Vexing Vision
13-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Alright, signed up with the Vicious Violets, the most vexing voodelves there are.

So looking forward to rejoining!

President Weasel
14-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I moved the leagues on to the next day. I think I gave the outstanding match in League M a draw in the end because it was late and I was tired. Sorry.

sadface
14-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I promise I wasn't drawing out that last turn on purpose, it takes my brain that long to work things out...

Karthon
14-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks for moving it along at least PW, finally get an opponent who is able to communicate now xD

ChainsawHands
14-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I promise I wasn't drawing out that last turn on purpose, it takes my brain that long to work things out...Nuffle gives you four minute turns for a reason, no need to apologise for using them!

wink5000
14-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Any idea when the Champs div week 1 matches will be validated and the div rolled on to week 2? I thought week 1 ended on monday.

Heliocentric
14-03-2013, 04:47 PM
On Tuesday 8pm gmt I will be having the "even numbered fouls" exhibition match vs Karandraz Lizards with my Professional Elves. Spectators welcome.

leftfield010
14-03-2013, 08:07 PM
My game against mrpier in div c crashed, is it possible we can get a reset please?

We were not able to get this game replayed, is it possible it can be admined into a draw please? I am not sure of the procedure so if i need to do anything please let me know!!

Karthon
14-03-2013, 08:21 PM
My first played match, when so bad i cannot believe, 2 deaths, 2 badly hurt. 0-4 loss :'(
i dont even know what nuffle was thinking...
oh, and he didn't foul once.
i had 6 players on the pitch for the entire second half...
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=219528&lang=en

Chillydusk
14-03-2013, 08:56 PM
(Karthon) A Helfy run 0 - 4 Chaotic and Fabulous (Chillydusk)

Clear skies graced the players as they entered the pitch.
The referee declared the High Elves as the kickers and Chaos as the receivers.
The front line of the chaos packed a few warrior and beastmen, ready to start the bashing.
Touchback and the drive starts with Chaos in possession!

The first Chaos Warrior tries to bash and!!! double skulls... reroll, double push... That wasn't so bad, says the second warrior as he prepares to attack the second elf on the line! Double block!! FFFFUUUUUUUUUU!
This shows how nuffle hated this match, afterall chaos wearing pink is not the most appealing thing!

What we were not ready for was the followup turns, when the elves attempted to block and got injured.
Followed by a dodge roll next turn with the catcher getting killed after he tripped.
The turn after a guy gets pushed by a pushed elf into the crowd, and guess what... yeh also dead.
After this, the game gets kind of blurry since there was too much blood around but there was some other guy injured doing a GFI if I recall.

The second half started with more bashing and all 6 elves were playing dead most of the half while Chaos did a couple passes and TD. But every time one tried to get up, he would trip and fall again, and again, and again...

There is only one conclusion to take after this match, Nuffle may not like pink, but he sure hates High Elves!

Other stats from the elves:
Failed 7/33 dodges
Failed 3/10 gfi
Failed 2/4 pickups
Many of these were turnovers and most were 2+.

My heart goes to Karthon for being a good sport and staying till the end. Hopefully his team can recover from the 2 dead catchers, but it will be hard...

Heliocentric
14-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Hopefully his team can recover from the 2 dead catchers, but it will be hard...

You are missing the important thing.

oh, and he didn't foul once.

You are now on my list.

Chillydusk
14-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I actually fouled once! Just not when he had 6 on the field. I rather score a couple tds then bash an already dead team :).
Also, his MVP went to one of the dead catchers :(.
Can anyone validate the game please? I'd like to see my options on the levelling guys.

sinister agent
14-03-2013, 09:12 PM
On the contrary. My chaos dudes wear pink and it looks great, and they've won three out of four games so far.

President Weasel
14-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Any idea when the Champs div week 1 matches will be validated and the div rolled on to week 2? I thought week 1 ended on monday.

I thought I had.
Also, I said Wednesday. Pshaw to the spreadsheet.

I hadn't. I have.

Kelron
14-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Sunshine & Lollipops 1 - 1 Smoking Popes in Div I.

The first half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of undead were knocked out before the humans eventually scored. The second half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of humans were knocked out before the undead eventually scored.

TheKenwyne
14-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Sunshine & Lollipops 1 - 1 Smoking Popes in Div I.

The first half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of undead were knocked out before the humans eventually scored. The second half was characterised by a big brawl in which a number of humans were knocked out before the undead eventually scored.

The Popes apparently believe in only taking part in matches that are dreadfully predictable whilst still competitive. One eight turn drive a piece with each team scoring on its own possession you say? I won that casualty war (2-0, one of them was regen'd) and lost the KO war hard (1-5) but thanks to an MVP I actually get to level up a player this week! Glory be! Some tackle before I have to get rings run round me by filthy elves! Well played Kelron, enjoyed the in game banter and look forward to facing off against you at some point in the future.

JayTee
15-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Division L can probably get validated and moved onto week 3 because we're efficient and awesome.

Delusibeta
15-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Division G

[Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 1 - 2 The Leaflickers [BigC90210]

It appears we now know where Karthon's luck went. First half was a demonstration in how to use elves to bash, scoring three Miss Next Game-worthy injuries in quick succession (one of which could have been a -1 AV had I not apothed it to a standard MNG injury). What should have been a turn 2 touchdown was delayed to turn 6, while I impotently attacked a cage consisting of 80% of the other team. Second half was a bit more fair, with a passing play leaving a blitzer alone by the try line. Then Cyanide happened and a blitz failed to register the Scrubs' first ever touchdown.

Then the elves had the ball, everyone on the team formed a cage and they sauntered to a second touchdown. Oh wells.

So in short I was outplayed, although Nuffle definitely rigged the injury table in the first half.

Alistair Hutton
15-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Snoozer has conceded his Div 2 match with myself. Validate me!

Dentharial
15-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I promise I wasn't drawing out that last turn on purpose, it takes my brain that long to work things out...

If this is referring to our match, I really didn't think you were for a moment :)

On the contrary, I was full of admiration for just how carefully you thought it through and actually found a perfect response to score the touchdown.

I would have just grabbed the ballcarrier, right-clicked on the endzone, and chanted to Nuffle.

Match report on my match with Sandman will be coming...at some point.

TechnoJellyfish
15-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Validate me!

Pick me! Pick me!*

* It seems my week 2 match vs. Drake Sigar in Div K needs some form of validation or the other.

chadsexington
16-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Validate me!

You're doing a great job!

Dog Pants
16-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Div A: Global Warping (SKA, 20phoenix) 3 - 0 Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants)

Skaven Vs Khemri is a recipe for violence and fast plays, and both sides hoped for more of their particular style than the other as they lined up for the kick. Global Warping kick first and the Anupshi Rises Thro-Ra takes it and follows a pivoting push up the left flank. In a poor display of play, however, a gap in the offence is left down the sideline which a Gutter Runner quickly exploits. The Thro-Ra is sacked and the ball briefly in Skaven hands before being knocked loose and recovered by the Thro-Ra again. Needeing to escape the melee, the Thro-Ra makes a series of uncharacteristic dodges to plunge into another melee further up the field. Despite a numerical advantage to the attackers, Global Warping recover quickly to put rats behind the ball, and land a blow on the ball carrier once more. This time the fight over the pigskin (at least we all hope it's pig) is larger scale and the ball ricochets around a little before settling on the Khemri side but between several Skaven. A Gutter Runner breaks free and recovers the ball before heading lineward, and a Stormvermin following for cover is clothelined by a nearby skeleton. Thinks look grim for the rat's crushed windpipe, but their sawbone manages to keep him alive. With no players nearby to prevent a touchdown, Anupshi Rises take to hitting their opponents. The Rat Ogre is next to leave the pitch on a stretcher, and the rest of his team flee after the ball or stay on the ground. The Khemri follow, kicking any they catch up with (and one of the ones who didn't get up, resulting in a skeleton getting sent off), as the Gutter Runner showboats on the touchline. Eventually a Blitz-Ra gets within arm's reach, and the runner steps over the line to score.
With most of the half spend fighting or avoiding fighting there's little time left for more play, but in the short time before the half-time whistle goes the Khemri manage to injure another rat.

Global Warping receive for the second half, and the ball is delivered directly to a Gutter Runner near the halfway line. He retreats to toss the ball over to a Thrower, but makes a hash of it. Meanwhile another Gutter Runner goes deep into the defence, as Skaven are wont to do, but is killed stone dead by a Thro-Ra for his tenacity. In return the fallen rat's teammates send a Blitz-Ra to the injury dugout by feeding him to the crowd, and injure a skeleton with good old-fashioned punching. Away from the carnage, the Thrower picks the ball up and travels forward, and again the ball hits the ground during the transfer to another player. By the time the ball is moving forward again there is a scarcity of unmarked Skaven, and it is handed to a Stormvermin as the attacking group is squeezed against the right sideline. A veteran Gutter Runner is handed the ball and he deftly slips away from the attacking mob, through the defensive line, and across the touchline.
As Anupshi Rises receive again there is little time to claw back a touchdown, and no hope of anything but a loss, but the daring tactics come out nonetheless. An unmarked Thro-Ra beyond the half way line makes too tempting a target for his like teammate, who pitches the ball into the middle of nowhere with a terrible impression of a pass. The Skaven are quick to take the ball and run it over the Anupshi line to underline the point that Khemri don't play Elfball.
With a couple of minutes to spare another kick-off sees the Khemri burst forward in a second desperate attempt to move their scoreline off zero, and a Blitz-Ra could make the end-zone before the whistle if a Thro-Ra could land the ball on him, but a mob of Skaven put pays to that and the end of the game is marked instead by a rare completed pass between the two Thro-Ras.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
16-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey Guys,
I got ahold of lelandco and he thought he could make this season but some personal stuff has come up and he will not be able ot make his matches, he will come back when he is able and get his account on this site sorted, sorry for the trouble everyone has been dealing with trying to get ahold of him and stuff

Chillydusk
16-03-2013, 11:18 PM
It's fine I guess... hopefully we'll see him on the pitch soon enough! This also means I win my division! YAY!

EDIT: That also means you can admin the other result on Div M and roll to week 3. I bet Karthon and Darkmalice want to play the last game on the division! Can also admin my week 3 result so I'm done for the month!

Heliocentric
17-03-2013, 12:48 AM
Is it to late for someone to stand in for Div M am applying with a team just incase its not too late.

Edit:Runty Gits an all Snotling super star team. Added the details to the sheet as divisions Sub(M)

Chillydusk
17-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Might not be a good idea to give me so many spp from injuries man. I'd be fine with you joining but I believe since a result was already admined for lelandco's team, you probably cannot join. Hope I'm mistaken though!

Heliocentric
17-03-2013, 08:37 AM
In the stunty league there was a mid season substitution. It should be possible. Edit: Don't worry about my injuries, worry about YOURS.

Alistair Hutton
17-03-2013, 10:03 AM
You're doing a great job!

Why thank you. I want the sexy 2-0 victory though. And the precious MVPs that goes with it. Need to get my rookies skilled up.

grinn
17-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Me and Nie played our Champs match. It was a tough time for Nie's necros, with several key agile players injured and a wall of angry green. It was a textbook grind with the Rok 'Ard Nobz choosing to kick, Red Tooth scoring on turn 4 and a counter attack from the Nobz equalizing at half time.

The second half was a slow grind up the field with deadmans Knocking Themselves out on Orcy spikes. The wizard took a break from his NecroNaughty mag to piu piu a half-arsed fireball knocking over one lineman, before turning his attention back to inside out bits. Soon the necros were down to a six deadmans and the orcs sauntered over to the endline.

Ramtut's presence was unimpressive and the stack of necro fouls failed to impress the crowd.

All in all a tough tough game for Nie, which he played very well.

Chillydusk
17-03-2013, 11:43 AM
In the stunty league there was a mid season substitution. It should be possible. Edit: Don't worry about my injuries, worry about YOURS.

If I was worried about my players getting injured or killed I would be playing WimpBowl... not BloodBowl. All your 3-red block dice are welcome!

NieA7
17-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I could've been more aggressive looking at the replay, there were opportunities to throw Ramtut into the fray that I let pass as I didn't trust his break tackle with loner and I was concerned about leaving him surrounded by MB/PO (I figured he was more useful upright getting in the way and protecting my more vulnerable players). I also could've marked the thrower on the first touchdown with a sidestep wolf but elected not to for fear of being blitzed, plus by the time I used the wizard it had to be perfect or it'd achieve nothing (it achieved nothing).

The plan going in was to foul my little heart out, which I did. It achieved nothing. I think I fouled 6 times in the match, one needing 8+, all the others 7+ or better - for my trouble I got one zombie sent off and two orcs stunned (one on turn 8). With my general lack of quality players I'd always need luck to get something out of this match, but pretty even dice (aside from Grinn's armour rolls, which were incredible) and a little too much caution pretty much guaranteed the loss. Got my first Superstar with the TD on the wolf though, probably go for dauntless on the inevitable normal skill up.

chadsexington
17-03-2013, 01:11 PM
If I was worried about my players getting injured or killed I would be playing WimpBowl... not BloodBowl. All your 3-red block dice are welcome!

Its not his blocking you should be conscerned with

JayTee
17-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Division L can probably get validated and moved onto week 3 because we're efficient and awesome.*cough*

/10char

potatoedoughnut
17-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Its not his blocking you should be conscerned with

You need to have a player knocked over to foul.

Squiz
17-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Failed dodges/GFIs are sufficient.

Darkmalice
17-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Is it to late for someone to stand in for Div M am applying with a team just incase its not too late.

Edit:Runty Gits an all Snotling super star team. Added the details to the sheet as divisions Sub(M)

Free tomorrow evening if the snotlings are cleared for it ;)

Chillydusk
17-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Make sure you leave some for me!!
Also, I don't feel the need to gfi or dodge when the oponents have 1 str each :)

Heliocentric
17-03-2013, 07:19 PM
A few have rabies but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be spreading to the others. Tomorrow evening 8pm would be fine.

Does anyone know, have I been validated into league? Do I have the admins blessing?

potatoedoughnut
17-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Failed dodges/GFIs are sufficient.

Against a team of purely snotlings you probably won't have much need of dodges or GFI. You can just walk the ball down the pitch bashing snotlings as you go. No need to play risky if you have no threats.

Screwie
18-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Division 1
Dread Pool (DElf, me) vs 4 Colour Villains (Hum, groovychainsaw)
Final Score: 2 - 0 to the Villains

What I take away from this match is, it could have been a lot worse. I had some dreadful luck with the ball in this match (not discounting a couple of impetuous tactical errors I made) but this was cooled by the great deal of luck I had with resisting injuries.

My AG 5 runner was resurrected to a MNG by my apothecary, and only one other lasting casualty was the later death of my bloaty Block assassin, Woe. (In return my veteran witch elf Obsidian killed one of groovy's younger catchers the very next turn, so maybe she liked Woe.) The villainous General Zod bashed with impunity, as a ST 5 MB/Tackle/Jump Up blitzer is able to do, but he failed to cause much more damage than a few KOs and headaches.

So I lost the match, but I got off real light.

---

Also of note: The Villains have also picked up some Shadowing and Pass Block since our previous match against each other, a decision which groovy credited to my elves. So, you guys can all thank me for making groovy's team that much more annoying. :/

drawlien
18-03-2013, 12:40 PM
A few have rabies but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be spreading to the others. Tomorrow evening 8pm would be fine.

Does anyone know, have I been validated into league? Do I have the admins blessing?

I'll check later this afternoon and accept the team if not.

Squiz
18-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Does anyone know, have I been validated into league? Do I have the admins blessing?Just for clarification purposes - is the intend to bring a "SPP-giveaway" team into the league? Or is the team just there to fill up a division and to draw against everyone?

Chillydusk
18-03-2013, 03:42 PM
What would be the ponit in bringing a team to get draws vs everyone? That can be done already by admining the matches with lelandco.
From my point of view he just wants to play an all snotling team for the kicks.
He applied to join div M before Karthon joined, as a filler, but then we got set and it never happened.
Also, I doubt he intends to roll over and die, although I don't believe the team will do well.

Squiz
18-03-2013, 04:37 PM
So option 1 then. I don't argue that Helio shouldn't play a filler team, but making an artificial all-Snots team that he's not continuing to play when the divisions even out again seems a bit unfair to other teams that have to face real opposition. Just my view and not really a complaint, I am not playing in this league after all.

Screwie
18-03-2013, 04:48 PM
It's Helio, I figure he has some diabolically cunning plan by default.

Also he's facing rookie Chaos, Lizards and High Elves, all of whom should be hilariously inept at knocking over snotlings. I agree there should be oversight for "SPP candy fountain" style abuses, but in that environment an all-snot team could be an interesting (and borderline competitive) challenge - especially with the amount of inducement cash he'll get.

Squiz
18-03-2013, 04:52 PM
... - especially with the amount of inducement cash he'll get.Touché.

Edit: I have to disagree with the other points though. He'll be getting three-diced on every block and Snotlings break like glass when pushed over. The Ogre team with Ogres is borderline competitive, Snotlings sure ain't. I won't argue any further though, initially I just wanted to understand what's going on.

drawlien
18-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Well I've accepted Helio's team. If Groovy (or the consensus) wants to pass judgement that an all snots team isn't allowed we can still just admin the games to draws.

President Weasel
18-03-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm for it. I'd rather have seen a proper team, but any team and therefore some matches is better than none. The guys in Division M scrambled their division together at the last minute and have had less time than everyone else to get their matches in, we might as well hand them some relatively easy games against snotlings.
Be aware however that the games might not be that easy - these are starting teams with a dearth of tackle, and helio will either have vast numbers of cheap foulers or he'll have large incentives to play with. Also, Helio's got game, yo. As long as he's trying to win these won't be walkovers.

Heliocentric
18-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm not an spp giveaway team, I'm here to hurt you and make you know you deserved it.

Squiz
18-03-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm not an spp giveaway team, I'm here to hurt you and make you know you deserved it.Looking forward to the match reports.

Walrus
18-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Midnight Sparkles(Vam) vs Look No Hands(Und)

Listen to the totally rad Sewer Surfin' song while reading the write-up for maximum effect! RADICAL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH-lLbHbG-A

A totally radical match dude! Cowabunga! I surfed a level 2 ghoul and it killed him, BODACIOUS! The next half I surfed two of the opponents zombies in one turn, SICK! Also I did some elfish dodging and stupid bullshit like picking up the ball and running halfway down the pitch and being all cool like that, but let's be honest, that's totally not as rad as surfing, brah.

A 1-0 victory for the Midnight Sparkles! You can't stop the sparkle(unless you are the wood elves, in which case just slaughter my whole team you heartless bastard)!

Also if my math holds up I don't think I can advance to the next tier this season unless we have enough drop outs.

Squiz
18-03-2013, 05:50 PM
That's the most radical match report I've ever read/listened to. And don't worry, you can easily advance through the divisions without ever making #1 place in any of them. You just need to believe in yourself and pepperoni pizza!

mrchinchin25
18-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Midnight Sparkles(Vam) vs Look No Hands(Und)

Listen to the totally rad Sewer Surfin' song while reading the write-up for maximum effect! RADICAL!

A totally radical match dude! Cowabunga! I surfed a level 2 ghoul and it killed him, BODACIOUS! The next half I surfed two of the opponents zombies in one turn, SICK! Also I did some elfish dodging and stupid bullshit like picking up the ball and running halfway down the pitch and being all cool like that, but let's be honest, that's totally not as rad as surfing, brah.

A 1-0 victory for the Midnight Sparkles! You can't stop the sparkle(unless you are the wood elves, in which case just slaughter my whole team you heartless bastard)!

Also if my math holds up I don't think I can advance to the next tier this season unless we have enough drop outs.

I'm refusing to listen to that song - the memory of poor Ribfeeder being violated by the crowd is still too vivid in my mind. If it's any consolation, Simon Belmont (ex-thrall, now zed) is playing a game of "Are you tougher than an Andrex puppy" with my two mummies.

Match details - http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=220175&lang=en
It was quite a bloody match . My two remaining ghouls managed to play (badly) Ghoul Ball Pickup for a number of turnovers.

frenz0rz
18-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Slightly off topic, but I fucking love that game. Best beatem up I've played on the SNES by miles.

Chillydusk
18-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Enjoy your match Darkmalice and Helio. Also, don't underestimate them, Helio is a Div A player and i hope you stomp on them!
Also, Helio, are you allowing yourself to get star players with the rest of the money or are you just going for the standard wizard + 3 bribes setup?

And a question for an admin! Why is there no option to play Khorne? Is it just because you decided that only official teams are valid or is there any other reason?

President Weasel
18-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah, it's because certain outspoken admins (*cough*me*cough*) think it's a poorly-playtested made-up nonsense team and don't approve of it.

Heliocentric
18-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Also, Helio, are you allowing yourself to get star players with the rest of the money or are you just going for the standard wizard + 3 bribes setup?
I am allowing myself goblin 'big guys' and I imagine bloodwiser babes will be a big help vs elves, wizards are a big 'fo sho'.

Helio is a Div A player

Div B, but yeah Teir 3. Doesn't mean what it used to mind you.

Heliocentric
18-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Is he active on the boards? He's not shown up yet.

bigc90210
18-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Could someone please validate my match in division G please? :)

President Weasel
18-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Done. Validated the other match in G too.
I also reset my match against boots after my PC froze up just before kickoff. Shame, because I was definitely winning. Rematch on Thursday.

bigc90210
18-03-2013, 09:58 PM
thanks dude!

Chillydusk
18-03-2013, 11:05 PM

Last online was 2 days ago on steam. Guess he's been overworked?

cyberpunkdreams
18-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Just played a brutal but tight match in Div F: my goblins vs MrJoose's dwarves. There were a fair few points where it could have gone either way. MrJoose managed to get out of a very tight situation after failing to declare a blitz (pick-up in tackle zone, dodge, two GFIs... with a blocker). Cyanide forced me to put both my remaining secret weapons on the pitch, even though I had a sub, making me use both bribes... which, more annoyingly, made me use the chainsaw when I wouldn't have done, who kicked back and ended any chance of a 1TTD. My second chance for a 1TTD, in the last turn of the match, was also abortive, with the ball going far too deep. But the low point for me was a T16 block by MrJoose which killed Frederick, my level 4 troll: dead to dead, regen failed, no money to replace him. Oh well. Final score: 2-1 to the dwarves.

Anyway, if an admin could kindly validate it, it would be appreciated, thanks!

MrJoose
18-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I feel super bad about that troll. Sorry again!

cyberpunkdreams
18-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I feel super bad about that troll. Sorry again!

He was an original team member as well, 24 matches played. But don't worry, I'll remember. Who do I need to bribe to make sure I'm in the same division as MrJoose next season? ;) I didn't do any fouls in that match, but I'll make up for it in the next. Bigtime.

(Just kidding, it's okay... maybe ;)

Darkmalice
18-03-2013, 11:54 PM

Apologies, was snowed under with stuff all Saturday/Sunday and completely forgot.
If you want to shoot me a pm or on steam when you're free again Helio I'll make time.

Heliocentric
18-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Sure, just make sure to accept the friend request on steam when you get the chance. We dont have many days before they'll be wanting to move things on.

20phoenix
19-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Validated a bunch of matches because you've all been good and filled out the sheet. Group hug

frenz0rz
19-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Has anyone seen sinister agent recently? I've been trying to arrange our game but he didn't appear over the weekend, and Steam shows he was last online 5 days ago.

Screwie
19-03-2013, 02:39 PM
FAO anybody who might like to coach a hopeless loser team against other hopeless loser teams, the next Stunty league season will be starting very soon, and more players are always welcome. If you're interested, check out this thread (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2010-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Stunty-Tournament-%96-The-Gauntlin-Goblet!).

Advertising always feels a bit weird to me, but on the offchance there are interested folks who only follow the DoD/Open, there you are. Hello!

Heliocentric
19-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Turn 16, won 3-0,no injuries, servers down... is the game lost to dust?

Pirate
19-03-2013, 11:32 PM
There's a few new players like me and I didn't know about it :)

Screwie
19-03-2013, 11:49 PM

This man is terrifying.

Also, you should be able to view the score in the league's Calender if it didn't get wiped out, even before validation. At least, that's how it worked before the server move.

President Weasel
20-03-2013, 01:14 AM
I can give you a 3-0 admin win, although that would rob your opponent of whatever few hard earned points he might have grimly eked from the match. Let's hope it was all properly recorded.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 01:37 AM
I can give you a 3-0 admin win, although that would rob your opponent of whatever few hard earned points he might have grimly eked from the match. Let's hope it was all properly recorded.

Karandraz(my opponent) okayed the default win to me(darkfenix can verify), but last I checked the servers were still down.

Karandraz's lizards scored no injuries, I scored 1 which was apo'd to bh. So just the MVP for him,

I can BB Manager a replay... I think.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Pro tip ammedum: Do not click on the fireball icon unless you are sure you want to use it, it doesn't seem to be able to let you out.

Note: i uploaded the match to BB Manager.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=220459&lang=en

Chillydusk
20-03-2013, 10:07 AM

For a moment there, I thought you did that with the Snotling team! Was really scarry!

Screwie
20-03-2013, 10:15 AM
For a moment there, I thought you did that with the Snotling team! Was really scarry!

That was my assumption, too. I retract my previous statement.

Helio is merely terribly efficient.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 12:24 PM
You'll fear me yet.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Heh, all that SPP and I get 1 up, my wrestler is now a Jestler, Wrest Up, Jurestle Up...(jump up+wrestle).

mcphatty
20-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey everybody! New coach here - signed up in the challenge league and figured I'd get my name in for whenever the next season starts - hope to see you out there sooner or later!

Cacamas
20-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Div A
Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 2 Track & Field

Whereas the last game I played against Jiiiiim was characterised by my ridiculous luck, I think it's safe to say the opposite occurred in this match. I managed 2 pows for 15 of my turns. Against Amazons and with not enough block or tackle, this made my deadites less like a howling gale through the ranks of my opponents and more a warm summer breeze caressing their cheeks. Jiiiim, of course, took ruthless advantage.

President Weasel
20-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Summer breeze,
Makes Jiim feel fine,
Blowing through the undead on the line.

See the amazons beating up the zombies,
See them knock them to the floor,
See the amazons getting the ball now,
See them running up the pitch to score.

JIIIM ONLY DOES SONGS FOR HIS NEW DOTA FRIENDS NOW, HE DOESN'T LOVE US ANY MORE.
I tried, but it's not the same, Jiiim. It's not the same.

MadDave123
20-03-2013, 09:43 PM
OMG OMG OMG! Just rolled doubles on my Beast of Nurgle (good doggie). So do I go for Block, +1 AV, or +1 MA? He already has Stand Firm and Guard. Base stats are MA 4, AV 9.

I think the answer is block. SO many times he has fallen due to both down on the block die. But I'll take any advice going.

President Weasel
20-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Is this a serious question or more of a be jealous of my blockbeast post?
Because the answer is 'block' or 'bah' respectively.

Janek
20-03-2013, 09:51 PM
The correct answer is clearly Pass Block.

President Weasel
20-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Aye, only if you give it break tackle first.
The correct answer is definitely block. Give pass block to your biological warfariors.

NieA7
20-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Some people would say Pro, especially as losing the Beast's tackle zones is so bad.

These people are mad. Block, obv.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Just rolled doubles on my Beast of Nurgle

Pro, serious. Use it for stupid. Alternatively? And great for a passive beast Prehensile Tail,

Sidestep and Leader are also hard to discount. Why leader? Why not?

President Weasel
20-03-2013, 10:04 PM
The answer is block.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 10:05 PM
The answer is block.You are spamming now, suggest hail mary pass or get out.

Jiiiiim
20-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Div A
Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 2 Track & Field

Whereas the last game I played against Jiiiiim was characterised by my ridiculous luck, I think it's safe to say the opposite occurred in this match. I managed 2 pows for 15 of my turns. Against Amazons and with not enough block or tackle, this made my deadites less like a howling gale through the ranks of my opponents and more a warm summer breeze caressing their cheeks. Jiiiim, of course, took ruthless advantage.

It was an extremely one-sided set of dice, for sure. Which I was then very boring with and caged the hell up.

Screwie
20-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Pro is an option if you want to blitz a lot (ie. Wild Animal, although Block is also useful for them) or rely on throwing team mates a lot (Trolls on a Goblin team), but every other big guy should take Block.

boots468
20-03-2013, 10:52 PM
I think I once saw that (assuming you're not Wild Animal) you have a better chance of retaining your big guy's tackle zone after throwing a 2d block (i.e. most of the time) with block over pro. And obviously it helps you in the opponent's turn too, unlike pro.

Take block.

Ethelred
20-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Division I match

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=220587&lang=en&bg=orca

Still chasing my elusive first win (or even touchdown), notable for some great Orc dodging and a pesky troll.

Dark Elves still cursed as the MVP went to a merc (who was injured in turn 3 IIRC)

MadDave123
20-03-2013, 11:14 PM
It was a serious question. But also a celebration of getting my Blockbeast back; since my previous beast got block on his 1st skill up, and then got killed by someone (they know who they are). >_>

So, after considering pro, leader, pass block, side step and hail mary pass, I've gone with the only true manly-nurgle choice of block.

Incidentally. How does prehensile tail work when you have tentacles? Do you make a strength check for tentacles and if that passes then you use tail on the agility roll? Or is it one or t'other?

palindrome
20-03-2013, 11:25 PM
In fairness I only dodged once the entire game, it was just an important dodge :)

The highlight of the game for me was my blitzer making a GFI to pick up the ball, failing, re-rolling, failing, armour roll, fail and getting stretchered off as badly hurt (at least he didn't die). Aside from that I think my only other 'casualty' was a single stun in the second half, Orc armour is great. It was a surprisingly bloodless game given that most of it was little more than a melee.

I did get a nice bonus though as one of my BOs picked up MVP.

sadface
20-03-2013, 11:25 PM
I gave my deathroller +MV and while it was very useful on a couple of occassions, I would say it wasn't the right choice as it wasn't necessary most of the time, whereas block is useful most of the time.

cyberpunkdreams
20-03-2013, 11:26 PM
I gave my deathroller +MV...

You did %^&*ing what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

20phoenix
20-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Ah ballbags - I was hoping for Jiiiim to drop points to compensate for my missed game against Cacamas. Now i have to beat Jiiiim with my muscle out of the game.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 11:39 PM
So... I failed....

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=220603&lang=en

...To clear the pitch entirely of Skaven.

6 or so 7 man fouls... Bribes are fun.

Heliocentric
20-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Incidentally. How does prehensile tail work when you have tentacles? Do you make a strength check for tentacles and if that passes then you use tail on the agility roll? Or is it one or t'other?
If tentacles happen, the dodge doesn't and the action ends, tail is a simple -1 to a dodge roll. So tail happens if and only if tentacles fails.

Web Cole
21-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Tentacles never works, nor does Prehensile Tail. Unless they are being used against you of course. Sounds like a recipe for disappointment :P

Walrus
21-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Addendum to my previous match report: I hope all my future opponents have fun trying to knock down my str 5 ball carrier vampire and trying to get around her during my defense.

Dentharial
21-03-2013, 08:38 AM
I love the fact that in Helio's last match report, he scored 4 touchdowns, 5 KOs, 5 Injuries, 2 Deaths, and only had 36% ball possession.

A very quick match report, again based on memory.

Lorei'elf (Dentharial, Elf) VS Philosoraptors (SandmanXC, Liz)

The match began inauspiciously for Lorei'elf with a pitch invasion that stunned 8 of the elves, and only a couple of the raptors. Fortunately, the elves had kicked off, and then the lizardmen failed their pickup, so there was at least a little room to maneuver. The first half was a bit of a slog, with the ball changing hands and falling down. Eventually, the Philosoraptors made a critical mistake, leaving an elf unmarked that was down on the ground, but was still in range of the endzone. Said elf hopped up and ran in, then the lineelves managed to swish their hair distractingly enough so that the positional players could run the ball up the pitch, and pass for a touchdown.

I believe that the first half ended with that 1-0 scoreline, and with the elves to receive at the start of the second half, it seemed like they had a decent opportunity for a lead.

It was an opportunity that the Philosoraptors philosstole for themselves, running skinks up the pitch, stealing the ball and carefully locking down elves and knocking them out in order to secure a touchdown for themselves. 1-1 and still all to play for.

I'm honestly not sure what happened next, other than: Elves are ridiculous, and I'm sorry.

It seemed like no matter what the Philosoraptors did, Lorei'elf were able to steal the ball, dance around the saurus and score. I'm almost sure I had nothing to do with it. The elf pieces themselves just spontaneously became self-aware and decided to do their thing.

Thank you elf pieces.

Final Score: Lorei'elf 4 - 1 Philosoraptors

Heliocentric
21-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I love the fact that in Helio's last match report, he scored 4 touchdowns, 5 KOs, 5 Injuries, 2 Deaths, and only had 36% ball possession. Assuming that it is counted only at the end of a turn I only ended 1.5* turns holding the ball without scoring... Jeez

I'm honestly not sure what happened next, other than: Elves are ridiculous, and I'm sorry.
Never apologise and show no mercy.

*counting each players turn as half a game turn

Alistair Hutton
21-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Addendum to my previous match report: I hope all my future opponents have fun trying to knock down my str 5 ball carrier vampire and trying to get around her during my defense.

Kiss of death.

MadDave123
21-03-2013, 11:34 AM
My beast's tentacles work quite often surprisingly. But then I only expect them to work against weakling human and elfy teams. Anything else and I just use him as a distraction to get the attention of opposing heavy hitters; that or to hit their big guy - which should now be more reliable since he has BLOCK! \o/

President Weasel
21-03-2013, 12:14 PM
You did %^&*ing what?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Indeed. You "would say it wasn't the right choice"? That's because it was the wrong choice! The correct answer is block.
Block block block block block.

ChainsawHands
21-03-2013, 12:19 PM
I think what Pweasel's trying to say is that, on balance, taking all things into consideration, you're probably best going with block.

He's right, obviously.

20phoenix
21-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Anyone know what happened to the last person who questioned el presidente?

the.alleycat.uk
21-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi there, I'd very much like to join. I think i've filled the spreadsheet correctly but please let me know anything i've missed.

Since elf teams are full i'll try Dark Elves.

Thing is, i've never played an online match before [Though i have played plenty of the tabletop over the years] and Cyanide's interface seems a little impenetrable to me, so any tips on how i actually manke sure i'm ready to be matched up would be excellent :)

Thanks

Pirate
21-03-2013, 02:43 PM
I quit. /10 char

mrpier
21-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Best bet is to test it (with another team) in either the rps challenge league or one of the open cyanide leagues (Naggaroth, Auld etc.). And welcome :-)

The Brain
21-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi there, I'd very much like to join. I think i've filled the spreadsheet correctly but please let me know anything i've missed.

Thing is, i've never played an online match before [Though i have played plenty of the tabletop over the years] and Cyanide's interface seems a little impenetrable to me, so any tips on how i actually manke sure i'm ready to be matched up would be excellent :)

Thanks

Have a look at Jiiiiim's FAQ (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?5031-FAQ-read-this-first!) to check your router and all that stuff is set up properly. Then stick a team in the RPS challenge league and have a go to see if it works.

The Brain
21-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I quit. /10 char

Just played my Div J game against Pirate. As you might guess, I won 2-1. It was actually a pretty decent game with Pirate still in with a chance right up until the end. A pitch invasion at 1-1 on my offence might have been what tipped him over the edge though. By the time I had closed down the game and went to send him a message thanking him for playing and wishing him luck for the rest of the season he had already deleted me from Steam buds. I've put the result on the spreadsheet and Div J is ready to be moved on.

A highlight of the match for me though was when I went to make my first dodge with my new AG4 WW which he then failed (using a re-roll too) and managed to get himself MNG. Luckily it got regened otherwise those CDwarves would have been on for an easy ride.

Chillydusk
21-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Thanks

If you'd like I can Play a couple practice matches with you to get you going. I can explain anything you need on the go. Just add me on steam if you'd like and we can setup something. My details are on the spreadsheet.

ChainsawHands
21-03-2013, 04:28 PM
A pitch invasion at 1-1 on my offence might have been what tipped him over the edge though.Praise be unto Nuffle! I've seen pitch invasions end matches before, but never a coach's entire career. How bad was it?

Axler
21-03-2013, 04:31 PM
A highlight of the match for me though was when I went to make my first dodge with my new AG4 WW which he then failed (using a re-roll too) and managed to get himself MNG. Luckily it got regened otherwise those CDwarves would have been on for an easy ride.

Bah got me all excited then damn you!

Everblue
21-03-2013, 04:48 PM
If his best player had died to a thrown rock I could understand.

NieA7
21-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Anybody who questions His Divine Instrument of Justice the Holy Rock is clearly not cut out for Blood Bowl.

President Weasel
21-03-2013, 05:08 PM
I don't mind the flying rock killing one of my players - I just sigh a little, mutter "one of those games, eh?" and settle in for some being philosophical practice.
No, what I cannot stand is being beaten by someone who is doing everything wrong and doesn't even realise it. It seems unsportsmanlike to type "GAH! YOU DON'T EVEN REALISE HOW RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY YOU ARE! I HOPE YOUR LEGS FALL OFF!" but the temptation is strong.

Screwie
21-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Nope, I hate the rock. It is too random, too severe and not preventable enough. I can avoid that ClawPOMB bastard on the opposition, I can try and protect myself from fouls, but if that rock comes sailing in it'll hit anyone, anywhere. Horrible.

Speaking as a Stunty coach, of course.

Squiz
21-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Nope, I hate the rock. It is too random, too severe and not preventable enough. I can avoid that ClawPOMB bastard on the opposition, I can try and protect myself from fouls, but if that rock comes sailing in it'll hit anyone, anywhere. Horrible.

Speaking as a Stunty coach, of course.I recall us discussing this event during a Challenge League match some while ago. I still think that Blitz! events are worse, at least the thrown rock only affects one target and it doesn't make any difference if the target's armor is 5 or if it is 10. Furthmore, Stunty teams often bring a deeper bench than other teams, so Stunties aren't even the juiciest targets.

The Brain
21-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Pirate had a mixed bag of luck. There were two pitch invasions I think which I came of better than him due to the FAME advantage. There was a thrown rock to to one of his players but only a stun so nothing to write home about. He managed a defensive score against me and KO's three of my zombies and gave a -MV to a wight (regened too). So it wasn't like it was a white wash or anything. His major problem was risky play like needless dodges and 1D blocks which burned his re-rolls early. He was actually really lucky since his TD came from a blitz, pickup in 1TZ, 2 dodges (1 in 1TZ) and some GFIs. None of which failed. I was pretty frustrated myself then.

Edit: I'll stick the game on BB manager so people can see if he had anything to complain about. I don't think he was Nuffled so much as played recklessly.

20phoenix
21-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Praise be unto Nuffle! I've seen pitch invasions end matches before, but never a coach's entire career. How bad was it?

There is a poor soul at bbtactics who has been playing wood elves in the OCC. He has been through the wars as of late and his squad for this weeks game had been reduced to 1 catcher. I shit you not. This was his report afterwards:

Really not in the mood to carry on with this team. Lost 3-0 vs necro. Highlights include:

-Catcher going off KO until the last turn with babes and 3 TDs scored leaving me with no tackle all game. (this being the only non loner on the team)

-Frequent 2 dice blocks on the ball carrier coming up http://bbtactics.com/forums/images/smilies/pushback.pnghttp://bbtactics.com/forums/images/smilies/skull.png. One of these RRd to http://bbtactics.com/forums/images/smilies/skull.pnghttp://bbtactics.com/forums/images/smilies/skull.png. He wasnt even protecting the ball. He kept giving me 2 and 3+ dice rolls to get 1 and 2 dice on the ball but none of it worked.

-Recieving the ball to have a pitch invasion stun the whole team to end my turn. (8/9 players stunned)

-Fumbling my one turn TD pass after getting 3 pushes for my catcher and still having a team RR.

-Frequent turnovers from 1s.

When nuffle shits on you he shits good

ChainsawHands
21-03-2013, 06:02 PM
There is a poor soul at bbtactics who has been playing wood elves in the OCC. He has been through the wars as of late and his squad for this weeks game had been reduced to 1 catcher. I shit you not.I probably shouldn't laugh. I did, though.

Everblue
21-03-2013, 06:04 PM
I think the blitz is fine, actually. It encourages realistic offensive setups (ie not just sticking everyone on the LOS) and can be recovered from. The rock I don't like, and should be limited to KO at worst.

EDIT - Or at least it should be a 2 on the kickoff table instead of a 3.

Screwie
21-03-2013, 06:12 PM
When nuffle shits on you he shits good

I had a nasty nuffling in the Nagg Open the other night.

My Vamps met a friendly Chaos Dwarf player and after a very promising start (killing a hobgoblin on the very first block of the game), nothing went right for me after - except biting my own thralls, which my vamps were really, REALLY good at. I had four players left at the start of the second half (2 each of vamps and thralls) and lost 3-0 in the end.

Still I couldn't help but laugh and my opponent was a nice guy and complemented me on my silly team theme, which is all that matters. :)

I think the blitz is fine, actually. It encourages realistic offensive setups (ie not just sticking everyone on the LOS) and can be recovered from. The rock I don't like, and should be limited to KO at worst.

EDIT - Or at least it should be a 2 on the kickoff table instead of a 3.

I would be happy with BH at worst (like Blood Lust) or the rock can only target specific players - like those on the wide zones or (more likely since they're mandatory) those on the LoS. I wouldn't mind swapping Throw a Rock (11) with Get the Ref (2), either. (3 is Riot.)

mrchinchin25
21-03-2013, 08:01 PM

This is horrible, I hate vampires now with a passion.

(I did manage to get Block onto one of my mummies though, which cheered me up)

Heliocentric
21-03-2013, 08:05 PM
I believe rock is essential to Bloodbowl, that you can die no matter you do. It's a lesson worth learning too, too many bloaty carebears.

boots468
21-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, President Weasel has obviously offended Nuffle somehow. Finished 3-0 to me, not through me playing well, but purely through Pres rolling badly. Like, really badly.

President Weasel
21-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Just got completely and utterly crushed by Boots's David Icke Experience in Division 2. At least only one of my players died, although Jim diGriz had been with the team since the beginning and will be sorely missed. Two more will have to be sacked due to niggle or -AV (I used up my apoc turning the minus armour into a dead, which I declined). The dice utterly fucked me, starting in turn 1 with Boots getting a blitz, and not letting up until the final turn.
I utterly failed to break armour with my claw MB chaos warrior, rolling lower than 8 every time on two dice. My armour, on the other hand, broke nearly every time I was hit and any time I was stupid enough to try a dodge with an AG4 player or a go for it.

Christ.

Below is some proof.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=220750&lang=en

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/BloodBowlChaos_2013-03-21_21-15-14_001_zps4ae09cde.jpg

Unlike Pirate, I do not quit. I will return, stronger and meaner, annealed in the fires of Nuffle.

The Brain
21-03-2013, 10:10 PM
The statistics for ball possession are particularly informative.

Rumpel
21-03-2013, 10:40 PM
I quit. /10 char

Sorry to see him go :(, I was due to play him next, what happens to my match against him ? :s

Gorm
21-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Can someone reset mine and webcoles game in div d? I blue screened at the set up

Everblue
21-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Done 10 chars

potatoedoughnut
22-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Sorry to see him go :(, I was due to play him next, what happens to my match against him ? :s

You get an admin win, which gives you 2 random TD, 2 random MVP, and 2x winnings.

Heliocentric
22-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I feel sympathy to those who take a truly disgusting nuffling but more than that, pride that so many here can laugh it off.

After all, it is a game.

I've had a curious sort of "luck" myself, my Elves are now 12 matches old and they are growing and expanding in repertoire without feeling "finished", I don't really fear for their deaths either as outside of a few doubles with guard I don't feel like anyone is irreplaceable.

I genuinely look forward to rolling +ST on someone not just for the benefits associated but also so I can legitimately fear for their life.

sadface
22-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Indeed. You "would say it wasn't the right choice"? That's because it was the wrong choice! The correct answer is block.
Block block block block block.
I rolled 6+4 so it was either +move or strength skill. And even under those conditions, I'd say +move was the wrong choice.

Squiz
22-03-2013, 07:39 AM
I rolled 6+4 so it was either +move or strength skill. And even under those conditions, I'd say +move was the wrong choice.To be honest, I would say that your first mistake was to take a Deathroller into your roster in the first place. I would only ever induce that guy, he seems like such a pile of bloat.

Screwie
22-03-2013, 09:44 AM
But Dwarfs are so boring without it :(

President Weasel
22-03-2013, 09:58 AM
I rolled 6+4 so it was either +move or strength skill. And even under those conditions, I'd say +move was the wrong choice.

Fair enough, not being able to choose block is the only legitimate reason for not taking block on a Big Guy (or Big Freakish Cheaty Road Roller Thing).

Screwie
22-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I've been thinking about this since the debate first came up ages ago.

I am probably a notorious advocate on Pro for the minotaur but lately even I have been swerving to Block. My reasoning:

Pro - It's the best on blitzing, reroll your WA to avoid wasting the blitz, or reroll the block dice if you need to. Pro helps your 4+ WA roll to stand back up without having to use the blitz - although blitzing is better! Juggernaut covers your block dice needs when blitzing. If you take Break Tackle, Pro can help on the dodge. Pro has lots of uses - but all offensive uses.

Block - This skill still has offensive uses - and works just as nicely on a blitz, even better on a block. Your minotaur gains more versatility in its offense (on a team of 11-16 potential blitzers, the most powerful and least reliable one still has a good try at bashing if you don't blitz with him). But much better than that is the skill's defensive uses. Block means you're knocked down less often, which means less turns failing WA rolls to stand up (or sacrificing blitzes to do so). It also means fewer armour rolls against your AV 8, which is good since the minotaur is an expensive big guy with only Thick Skull to protect him. Then add Stand Firm and Tentacle, to keep victims in range when you don't fall over.

Pro is the all-in offensive option, but you have to cover your minotaur's back (not always easy with a frenzy player). Block is definitely worth picking for its defensive options alone. AV 8 isn't a whole lot when pretty much everyone who ever bashes him has Mighty Blow.

I think this is especially true in our community's meta climate. We have players who are not afraid to gang up and knock over big guys, or even try bad 2D blocks if they have the Block skill and you don't. So as of right now, I'm thinking my next minotaur project is going to take Block on their first double.

And if I got that dream second double, then Pro might go there.

Or Jump Up, maybe? JU boosts WA if you're using it to block (turn a 50% chance of standing up into a 55% chance of standing and attacking without blitzing). It'd also open the option for a ClawPOMBJU minotaur...

Axler
22-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I always go with block on a big guy double also.

JayTee
22-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Unless the double is a double-6 of course :)

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Unless the double is a double-6 of course :)DON'T START THAT AGAIN!

(Block is still the right choice.)

Web Cole
22-03-2013, 12:05 PM
DON'T START THAT AGAIN!

(Block is still the right choice.)

On a Beast of Nurgle (or otherwise be-Tentacled Big Guy) I'd probably take the strength.

Screwie
22-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Yeah I could advocate for the BoN or Underworld troll (free mutation access) to get the +ST. The Chaos team minotaur, despite getting free mutation access (so no problems picking Tentacle), would still likely get more use out of Block, because he can still get +ST on blitzes and he's less durable than either the BoN or troll. Although at least he won't randomly lose his tackle zones like those two.

Certainly, any big guy that only gets mutation access on a double (non-Chaos minotaurs, rat-ogre) shouldn't bank on +ST and Tentacle.

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 12:16 PM
On a Beast of Nurgle (or otherwise be-Tentacled Big Guy) I'd probably take the strength.That's your choice, Captain Wrongpants.

President Weasel
22-03-2013, 12:25 PM
It is wrong, but it is less wrong than not taking block in other circumstances. It's the kind of wrong that you could make good, yet misguided, arguments in favour of.

Web Cole
22-03-2013, 12:28 PM
That's your choice, Captain Wrongpants.

I shall wear these pants proudly and prominently, like some sort of Super Hero of wrongedness.

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 12:30 PM
It is wrong, but it is less wrong than not taking block in other circumstances. It's the kind of wrong that you could make good, yet misguided, arguments in favour of.Absolutely; I mean I'd totally be tempted to take the +ST, and I might even cave in and do it because a ST6 Beast would be awesome... but I'd still be wrong.

the.alleycat.uk
22-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Have a look at Jiiiiim's FAQ (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?5031-FAQ-read-this-first!) to check your router and all that stuff is set up properly. Then stick a team in the RPS challenge league and have a go to see if it works.

Ok so i've managed to get a couple of online games, so guessing i've got it figured out.

Have applied to the challenge league with 'The Trialists' to see how that works and have set up a fresh team for the DoD league. Anything i'm missing, anyone able to check and see if i'm showing for them?

Cheers :)

mrpier
22-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Clearly the correct choice is being lucky and get +ST and block.

MadDave123
22-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Is it worth sticking frenzy on nurgle warriors? Or better to stick with ClawPOMB and stand firm/guard support variants?

I always hover on frenzy when I get a skill up but decide against it and grab the "standard" skills.

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 02:51 PM
A lot of the utility of frenzy is in crowdpushing, so I'd probably stick it on a pestigor for that, but it's not a bad choice on a ST4 guy. Block first obviously, maybe also MB.

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 03:14 PM
BBtactics has articles on warriors (http://bbtactics.com/nurgle-warriors/) and (for reference) pestigors (http://bbtactics.com/nurgle-pestigors/).

NieA7
22-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Personally I'd much rather go for Frenzy than Piling On on any MA4 piece. I've also been pondering giving a Block/MB/Claw warrior Horns - would make him an excellent Big Guy shredder, plus it'd help against Wall of Guard. Piling On just guarantees you'll spend most the match lying on the floor miles away from the action.

mcphatty
22-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Signed up on the sheet for next season - do I need to make the team and apply anytime soon - or best just to wait til things are closer to kicking off??

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I'd avoid PO on a warrior myself, but he was asking about frenzy (which I'd probably also not take but is still a fairly good choice). I don't think I'd go for horns on a warrior though - MV4's not really great for blitzing. Give him guard and blitz with a pestigor or something instead.

NieA7
22-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I meant in the context of sticking with CPOMB or going frenzy I'd rather go... CFREMB, I guess. The thought behind horns is that most teams won't voluntarily stand next to MB/Claws, so if you're going to get the hits with him you'll either need careful pushbacks and/or lots of grab, or he'll be blitzing a fair bit. The other warriors can go the guard route, and a blitzing 'gor is needed too (though with more counter skills than killy skills - tackle and juggs for example), but I could see a niche there. Doubly with frenzy, gives you a neat cage breaker.

President Weasel
22-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I am much more likely to take frenzy on a beast/pestigor than on a lower-movement piece. I am much more likely to take PO at the end of block/mb/claw or take stand firm at the end of block/guard than to take frenzy. I might take grab over frenzy with that last 'linebeast' combo- or just go for more mighty blow and then even more claw.
Your strongbad pieces tend to be operating in the kind of cramped, busy, guard-heavy conditions where frenzy takes you into trouble more than it helps. Your pests and ungors have the movement to reach the flanks and surf someone without relying on GFIs, and the horns to make them Str4 when they're blitzing anyway.

I had at least three occasions last night where frenzy should have got one of Boots's lizards into trouble, running it into a melee of my guys and giving it either one dice or, in one instance I believe, two against.
In games where Nuffle isn't taking every opportunity to screw your opponent, some of those rolls are going to feature skulls. Frenzy is dangerous to both sides.

Do not discount the potential of pass block on nurgle warriors though; it'll let you move that zone of annoyingness around the pitch to where it's needed.

Also make sure to set Piling On to be an optional skill. If your player is prone when you need him to be upright, that's either because you made a bad judgement and used piling on when you shouldn't have, or you are an extremely stupid person and didn't read this paragraph and therefore deserve to lose.

ChainsawHands
22-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Signed up on the sheet for next season - do I need to make the team and apply anytime soon - or best just to wait til things are closer to kicking off??Welcome, mcphatty! You'll not know which division to apply to until the current season's over, so go ahead and make the team now if you like but there's no immediate need.

Everblue
22-03-2013, 04:03 PM
The thing about nurgle warriors is that you need block, guard, mighty blow and claw before you think about anything else - that's 76SPP before you want any clever skills.

Screwie
22-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Do not discount the potential of pass block on nurgle warriors though; it'll let you move that zone of annoyingness around the pitch to where it's needed.

If I ever got angry enough to make a Nurgle team every player (who doesn't have it already) will get Disturbing Presence, and everyone will get Pass Block. I can't imagine a more annoying team (outside of Dwarfs).

Heliocentric
22-03-2013, 04:30 PM
He'll, nearly every skill should be optional. Sometimes you'd rather get knocked down down(turn off dodge) than frenzy surfed. Sometimes you'd rather a player not use catch to get the ball(a player that's already moved catching a dropped/missed dump off). Other times you'd rather 'miss' a pass than risk a fumble on the re roll or vice versa.

My suggestion? Go set every skill to optional, sometimes you don't want to fend or stand firm or sidestep.

Alistair Hutton
22-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Given that PWeasel and Boots have played their game and Snoozer has conceded his game against me can we get Div 2 moved onto week 3 please?

potatoedoughnut
22-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Smaug and I played our div 1 day 2 match last night (his nurgle vs my necro).

It looked like it was heading for a 1-1 draw after I scored midway through the first half and was able to stall the nurgles and prevent them from scoring before halftime. Smaug then ground down the pitch removing undead at a resonable pace and scored with 2 or 3 turns left of the clock. Then thanks to some heroic elfball I was able to score the winner in last two turns.

Overall I think the dice for both of us were pretty average, except my d6, which were really quite good and let me get in some more agility than I had a right to.

The only lasting injuries were a dead 0 spp rotter and a -MV to one of my golems. I'm debating whether it's a good idea to replace him or just leave him at MV3. He has block/guard and is 4spp away from level 4. Golems take so long to level I don't think he's worth replacing.

Heliocentric
22-03-2013, 09:21 PM
1-0 to the DarkMalice's Lizards... The Runty Gitz were robbed! I'm, petitioning for drugs testing to be banned.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=220973&lang=en

Darkmalice
22-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Those sneaky little goblets, distracting me with laughter, I almost forgot to stomp 'em. Great fun though ;)

President Weasel
22-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Given that PWeasel and Boots have played their game and Snoozer has conceded his game against me can we get Div 2 moved onto week 3 please?

Seems legit.
Let's have a blood bowl game, Hutton. Hey, I hope Snoozer turns up to kick boots's lizards about a bit, that would be handy.

Out of the blue it just occurred to me to move Division 1 on to day 3. Wierd.

Screwie
22-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Can Div 1 also be moved on to Day 3, please? All games are played.

Heliocentric
22-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Those stats are all wrong, I BH'd 2 skinks... do fouls not tabulate?

frenz0rz
22-03-2013, 11:36 PM
Well, Sinister conceded our match on turn 5 after I'd crowd surfed 3 of his players, KOed 2 more, BHed another, floored the rest and proceeded to systematically gang foul his team with my ball carrier sitting a square away from the endzone.

Bit annoyed that I waited over two weeks for such an anticlimax, but a win's a win, eh?

Could someone validate the match and spin Division F through please?

cyberpunkdreams
22-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Well, Sinister conceded our match on turn 5 after I'd crowd surfed 3 of his players, KOed 2 more, BHed another, floored the rest and proceeded to systematically gang foul his team with my ball carrier sitting a square away from the endzone.

Bit annoyed that I waited over two weeks for such an anticlimax, but a win's a win, eh?

Could someone validate the match and spin Division F through please?

I hope some of those were MNGs at least, ready for my match again him ;).

frenz0rz
22-03-2013, 11:44 PM
I hope some of those were MNGs at least, ready for my match again him ;).

No MNGs I'm afraid, cyber. Although there likely would've been if he hadn't conceded.

sinister agent
22-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Actually I didn't concede after the multiple crowdsurfing (which was well played btw). I conceded on turn 7, after sitting around doing nothing for ten minutes after I'd already lost and given up. The prospect of another hour of twiddling my thumbs didn't really appeal.

cyberpunkdreams
22-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Actually I didn't concede after the multiple crowdsurfing (which was well played btw). I conceded after sitting around doing nothing for ten minutes after I'd already lost and given up. The prospect of another hour of twiddling my thumbs didn't really appeal.

Well, you should be able to get your own back against my gobbos. It's for the relegation after all, so everything to play for (haven't we been there before?)

frenz0rz
22-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Actually I didn't concede after the multiple crowdsurfing (which was well played btw). I conceded on turn 7, after sitting around doing nothing for ten minutes after I'd already lost and given up. The prospect of another hour of twiddling my thumbs didn't really appeal.

Apologies, I didn't realise it was as late as turn 7.

I don't blame you at all for conceding, it's just a shame it wasn't a more enjoyable game.

sinister agent
22-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah, sorry, I am a bit cranky as I'm tired too. I don't begrudge the win at all, it was a good curb stomp. If there were a way to concede and also give you some bonus SPP, i'd be happy to go for that. I can fire a random player or something if it helps.

frenz0rz
23-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah, sorry, I am a bit cranky as I'm tired too. I don't begrudge the win at all, it was a good curb stomp. If there were a way to concede and also give you some bonus SPP, i'd be happy to go for that. I can fire a random player or something if it helps.

Don't worry about it, I got double cash and double MVP (and I believe two randomly assigned TDs as well?) so that'll more than suffice.

Just try to give those goblins a good kicking. They're far too successful for a stunty team.

cyberpunkdreams
23-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Just try to give those goblins a good kicking. They're far too successful for a stunty team.

Oi!