PDA

View Full Version : The (unofficial) RPS Minecraft Server Thread III

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Gerbster
11-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Guys a couple of things, questions more like:

1) Town net is expanding rapidly! We now have Mammalian Embassies in Cathedral City, Bodington, Skullbread, Scotland and RPS Nova! If you wish for one to be built in your town, let me know! (OneStrayBullet, I would love to stick one in Nyan, any chance of it?).

2) Road infrastructure. I really feel like there should be a road linking RPS Nova with the east hub, which not only contains the shopping district, but is quite well developed and a busy area. I will lay out a route, but any volunteers to help build it would be welcome! Also, suggestions for other needed routes are welcome.

3) Building in RPS Nova - a space has become available where Redeemer has removed some of his existing structure. If you fancy having a pad in the most prestigious location on the server (just by the entrance to n00b castle no less!) let us know :)

The JG Man
11-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Regarding 3, can it be a giant pine tree surrounded by 9 blocks of dirt?

DHP
11-10-2011, 06:46 AM
I used MrWeed's modified nations of war pack(below), then modified it some more. The cobble is unchanged, the sandstone and wood are my creation, the cloth clonestamped from painterly and the sand/gravel is default clonestamped up to higher texture res. All done with GIMP :D

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?86-The-%28unofficial%29-RPS-Minecraft-Server-Thread-III/page24

Gerbster
11-10-2011, 07:34 PM
JG - no. Especially not after you uploaded that clearly shopped picture of you finding coal. Any more blatant hacking like that and you will find yourself in hot water, young lad!

TwinklinPixi3
11-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Gerb - what's that in the basement of the School :p ??

TwinklinPixi3
11-10-2011, 07:36 PM
I can't connect either btw :p

The JG Man
12-10-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CexGbBZTPg&feature=relmfu

I'll maybe be on a bit later, depending on work done and how much I feel the need to make things explode viscerally.

Gerbster
13-10-2011, 01:06 AM
I would like to welcome OneStrayBullet's Nyan Bay to the Town Net.
For those of you who have never visited his area, I can highly recommend it!

DRoseDARs
13-10-2011, 02:19 AM
OK, we've learned a bit more about dwagons* from Notch: The Ender Dwagons* will be able to destroy blocks with great easy ... by flying into them as if they were clouds. However, as their name suggests they will not apparently be a overworld mob, much like Ghasts and Zombie Pigmen are confined to the Nether. There will be red dwagon* post-release of the game that will be an overworld mob; less is known about what it will do but we can be sure it won't have the same disregard for solid matter that its Ender cousin has.

*Come on, SOMEONE must know the webcomic reference without cheating...

Gerbster
13-10-2011, 02:36 AM
So essentially there is zero point in building in the Ender? Nice, it'll be even more useless than the nether! Hurrah!

BTW how painful will it get when all the fanboys go on about how awesome it is they destroy blocks, as opposed to Notch having to program proper collision avoidance? I genuinely can't think of any lazier way of making it move than saying 'do what you want, we'll just clear the path automatically'.

Can't wait to see how red dragons handle in the real world ;)

PS: SADDLES!
PPS: Do you think wheat will work on them and we can get baby dragons? :O

The JG Man
13-10-2011, 03:38 AM
I really want ridable dragons. That would just be too utterly awesome. Even if he doesn't do it, it'll be modded in so damn quickly.

DRoseDARs
13-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Well, I have to imagine the enderdwagons will be like ghasts in that there are some blocks they can't affect. Rather, I hope. I imagine the Endermen can't be too happy sharing a realm with such creatures... oh I hope that's not how Notch is explaining Enderman block molestation: They steal stuff in our realm to rebuild in theirs.

Also, rideable CONTROLLABLE dwagons would be awesome. And having seen the babies animals, the mental picture of a big-headed baby dwagon is utterly hilarious. :D

Robert Swan
14-10-2011, 05:52 PM
For those that are interested I've started a new thread here which has a download link to the first "more than rubbish" demo of my Minecraft-like game, Diorama. I'd love for you all to test it etc...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?1704-My-game-Diorama-DM-demo

El Stevo
14-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Spawn will soon be going under renovation. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.

DRoseDARs
14-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Per Eltagno's request, Teh Lnogbed:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/DRoseDARs/uRPS2/Lnogbed/

Gerbster
15-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Per Eltagno's request, Teh Lnogbed:
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/DRoseDARs/uRPS2/Lnogbed/
Far far more important than lnog bed (although admittedly it is 100 beds of awesomeness) is droses other pic - the ooooold map of this server when RPS Nova is but a mere hint of its future glory and epic cave hasnt had time for the grass to grow over the merging dirt laid down! Any idea when that is from and if you have a full sized version?

DRoseDARs
15-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Here's a hint: Check the file name, and bare in mind different date ordering conventions...

As far as a larger version, I should but I'll have to dig for it, probably on my laptop if anywhere. And it's funny, I've never been able to place Epic Cave on any map, despite knowing where it is now for a few months. I totally missed that little detail there, Gerb.

J.B.
15-10-2011, 08:52 AM
What texture pack is that, D? It's lovely!

DRoseDARs
15-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Sphax's PureBDCraft 128x (the beta1.9pre3 set as pre4 isn't out yet); comes in resolutions from 16x to 512x, 128x is his primary. It is rather smexy, isn't it? Even has a few alternate graphics to mix-n-match. And the preponderance of pentagons make me giggle.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/376784-16x-32x-64x-128x-256x-512x19pre3-sphax-purebdcraft-aetherzipline-v093-101011/

I also might as well recommend Painterly's amazing 16x texture pack. Bazillions of customization options. :)
http://painterlypack.net/

Also, Bisquack turned me on to Misa's 64x last fall and I'd used it for a while. I stopped since at the time updates were coming fast and heavy and I got tired of trying to keep up, which is when I found Painterly and used that for most of the past year. The only thing that I really didn't like (that I recall, it's been so long) in Misa's is the cobblestone. It's actually worse than Notch's. And when I was using it, red roses weren't roses. Wtf? Lame.

Anyway, all in all Misa's 64x was also pretty good I thought when I was using it:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/69354-64x18119pre4-misas-realistic-texture-pack-4th-update-14oct/

Though, I like the method that Rob and Gerb have been using to build their projects in: They use the default textures so that they can be sure everyone can see the same thing. Some blocks that look rather good in one texture pack can look rather shit in another. *cough* Sphax's 128x and Painterly's 16x cobblestone vs. Misa's 64x and default Notch's 16x cobblestone *cough*

rustyshakelford2
15-10-2011, 03:36 PM
So three things....

1. Would anyone like to sell me some obsidian and/or glowstone?

2. I've got an awesome new map project in the works.

3. I believe the server has a birthday coming up in the next month or so. We should have some sort of celebration.

rustyshakelford2
16-10-2011, 03:53 AM
My new map project was a success. I did a render with dynmap, and am hosting it on the site for my own server. It is possible for this map to update in realtime, but it uses up a lot of server resources that we probably can't spare. Updating it manually isn't too much work, so this is how i'll do the maps from now on.

http://www.raycore.org/rpsmap/web/

DRoseDARs
16-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Oh that IS a nice map, Rusty. Good job. :)

I do however request that you not put player locations, signs (I think some programs utilize special characters placed on the signs themselves in order to render them and not others) or caves in there. Hidden places and untapped dungeons should remain as such without this cheat sheet. I'll hold off putting the map link in the OP until confirmation, but it'll definitely be placed.

Robert Swan
16-10-2011, 11:52 AM
That is a very nice map, thanks!

Oh and the server is down I think. WAIL. SOB. CRY FOR ATTENTION.

DRoseDARs
16-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Checking in before bed: I just attempted to Restart the server and failed. I attempted to Stop then Start the server, failed. I'm wondering if there's a problem on HGS' end. Possible the physical server we're hosted on went to see Jesus (that's happened at least once before for us I think) or otherwise is inoperable at the moment.

El Stevo
16-10-2011, 01:43 PM
It's back up.

El Stevo
16-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Wait, no it isn't.

J.B.
16-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Wait, no it isn't.

You tease.

El Stevo
16-10-2011, 02:48 PM
In the console there are some messages about insufficient space, and then it tries to start the server on the wrong port. I contacted support.

El Stevo
16-10-2011, 03:14 PM
They fixed it for us. Server's back up.

Gerbster
16-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Just to point out, the server is no longer restarting on the half hour.
It gives the warning message but simply doesn't restart.

El Stevo
16-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Should work now.

Robert Swan
16-10-2011, 06:41 PM
For anyone wanting to try the demo of my game - the "proper" RPS thread for it has now got details of a server I'm trying to run as much as possible...

For those that are interested I've started a new thread here which has a download link to the first "more than rubbish" demo of my Minecraft-like game, Diorama. I'd love for you all to test it etc...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?1704-My-game-Diorama-DM-demo

rustyshakelford2
16-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh that IS a nice map, Rusty. Good job. :)

I do however request that you not put player locations, signs (I think some programs utilize special characters placed on the signs themselves in order to render them and not others) or caves in there. Hidden places and untapped dungeons should remain as such without this cheat sheet. I'll hold off putting the map link in the OP until confirmation, but it'll definitely be placed.

The player positions won't display unless its linked to the server, so those wont be an issue. I don't think it even supports signs, so that wont be either. Ill see if i can turn off the cave map.

edit: I deleted the files for the cave map from the webserver, but it still shows up even after clearing my browser cache. Something else must be caching it, hopefully it will go away soon.

Wubble69
16-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Rusty - A quick suggestion that you can feel free to dismiss with a meh.

Is it possible to change the isometric map to display the cubes as cubes rather than diamonds?

I've just read that back and it doesn't make much sense to me at all.

squares, cubes etc 90 degree angles i dunno. I'm feeling the number I should say here is 45 degrees. my maths has always been shocking. mumble mumble. pay me no attention

rustyshakelford2
16-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Rusty - A quick suggestion that you can feel free to dismiss with a meh.

Is it possible to change the isometric map to display the cubes as cubes rather than diamonds?

I've just read that back and it doesn't make much sense to me at all.

squares, cubes etc 90 degree angles i dunno. I'm feeling the number I should say here is 45 degrees. my maths has always been shocking. mumble mumble. pay me no attention

0_o They are diamond shaped because the map is at a 45 degree angle. They might be slightly non square, but its just the way the program does it.

Gerbster
17-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I think I know what wubble means - I've seen a few renderers capable of exporting a face-on oblique projection, but IMO they look poo anyway. I still just use the top down map anyway, cos the oblique (without more shading) makes it really hard to see where things are relative to the height.

However, the map system itself is cool, and if it is easer for Rusty to update, I'm all for it.

BTW Rusty, what were your thoughts on adding in portal markers? I can probably molest one of the admins into giving me the latest file, and I can strip out the useless or private ones and format it if you need a particular layout?

rustyshakelford2
17-10-2011, 01:37 AM
I think I know what wubble means - I've seen a few renderers capable of exporting a face-on oblique projection, but IMO they look poo anyway. I still just use the top down map anyway, cos the oblique (without more shading) makes it really hard to see where things are relative to the height.

However, the map system itself is cool, and if it is easer for Rusty to update, I'm all for it.

BTW Rusty, what were your thoughts on adding in portal markers? I can probably molest one of the admins into giving me the latest file, and I can strip out the useless or private ones and format it if you need a particular layout?

lets do this

Gerbster
17-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Give us a few days to finish new spawn rusty, as the central hub is all over the place right now. Itll probably take us that long to get our hands on the file anyway, as eltagno hates me despite supplying him with sacrificial wolves for his secret rituals :)

PS Thanks to those who kept me company during the toe incident. Distractions were most welcome!

El Stevo
17-10-2011, 05:42 PM
eltagno hates me despite supplying him with sacrificial wolves for his secret rituals :)
If you want to get into my good books only your firstborn will do.

Gerbster
17-10-2011, 05:57 PM
If you want to get into my good books only your firstborn will do.
Seems fine - I'll proooobably never have kids. Where do I sign?

Comrade Commissar
17-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Muaha!
I finally got my PC running again! I ended up buying a new mainboard, CPU and power supply.
The PC has the power of 4 cores now, oh yeah...
The reason why it took me so long is because I ran into some problems regarding my RAM, but I fixed it. :D

El Stevo
17-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Erm, I broke the sign thing opposite the market. Lots of signs fell off. Sorry. :(

TwinklinPixi3
17-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Anyone else having connection issues?

Gerbster
17-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes indeed. I'd best get Eltagno my first born since it seems like the only way to sort these issues.
Man I feel sorry for him, all that pressure.

FIX IT YOU GIT AND RIGHT NOW! ;)

Gerbster
17-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Muaha!
I finally got my PC running again! I ended up buying a new mainboard, CPU and power supply.
The PC has the power of 4 cores now, oh yeah...
The reason why it took me so long is because I ran into some problems regarding my RAM, but I fixed it. :DWelcome back, just in time to not have a working server! You may have a few surprises waiting for you at the market, and that isn't including Elt breaking the sign thing.

RMA
17-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Server's back up it seems

The JG Man
18-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Indeed, MrWeed has no idea of my ENTIRELY 100% ABSOLUTELY EVIL pine tree surrounded by NINE dirt blocks.

A horror none should face.

TwinklinPixi3
18-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Server's not restarting at all atm btw. I've been online for about 3 hours, no messages have come up saying 'server will restart in 5 mins' and it hasn't restarted either :)

Gerbster
18-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Indeed, MrWeed has no idea of my ENTIRELY 100% ABSOLUTELY EVIL pine tree surrounded by NINE dirt blocks.

A horror none should face.Where is this tree? I want to fence it off with bedrock to prevent it becoming a place of satanic worship. God forbid the duckens should learn of its existance...

Comrade Commissar
18-10-2011, 05:03 PM
You do know ducks/chickens are capable of destroying bedrock, right?

Gerbster
18-10-2011, 05:08 PM
BTW because I haven't seen it anywhere else, here are the colour codes for signs:

&0 = black
&1 = dark blue
&2 = green
&3 = cyan
&4 = red
&5 = purple
&6 = orange
&7 = light grey
&8 = dark grey
&9 = light blue
&a = light green
&b = light cyan
&c = light red
&d = light purple
&e = yellow
&f = white

If you want an actual & symbol in your sign, I 'believe' the way to do it is to just not follow it with any of the above codes.

El Stevo
19-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Restarts now happen twice daily rather than once every hour.

The JG Man
19-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Any particular reason for that, or has God upgraded?

Gerbster
19-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Couldn't reconnect Drose - wasn't being rude and just leaving without saying gnight, but I can't be arsed to keep trying to get back on when the only thing I had left to do was post up the PE* / Sex Ed. time table for the girls` school in Cathedral City.

* There will be an inspection to check the girls are using regulation gym clothes by Professor Gerbster and Doctor 'Tagno tomorrow immediately after the shower.

DRoseDARs
19-10-2011, 04:50 AM
No, I know Gerb. It was the server dc'ing us both again. I spent a few more minutes spelunking and called it quits. Made good progress in short time down there tonight, caves I hadn't torch spammed yet even. Ima have to load the map into something to have a gander at how extensive my caves really are, pretty curious now.

El Stevo
20-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Any particular reason for that, or has God upgraded?
Because restarts are annoying. Hourly restarts were definitely necessary in the beginning but now, it appears, not so much.

The JG Man
20-10-2011, 07:21 PM
God upgraded. Got it!

That's good to hear. My only concern though is that sometimes when you can't access the server, it's possible to do so after the next restart. Unless that random issue is addressed, wouldn't this mean we'd need to wait longer to potentially see if we can get back on again if we can't alert someone to manually restart?

Gerbster
20-10-2011, 08:56 PM
In that case, call 999 or 911, depending on your geographical location.

Gerbster
22-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Which I'm half inclined to try, because server-be-down :(

DRoseDARs
22-10-2011, 07:03 AM
:-/
Yeah, looks like it's being spazzy again. "Disconnected by Server. Took too long to log in." Forcing a restart had no effect. Stopping then restarting the server didn't either. Elt, don't know if the dueling restart wrappers have called a truce but would making the restarts more frequent than every 12 hours be a solution? Hourly wasn't THAT annoying and really kind of served as a gentle reminder that there's life to be lived outside of Minecraft. That, and bathroom breaks. ;-)

In the meantime, I've been partaking in some new ssp mods for b181 tonight. The MAtmos mod is fantastic. Adds contextual atmospheric sounds which have been woefully lacking from the game and what ones there are (water flowing and random cave) are pitiful and erratic. The Tale of Kingdoms mod looks interesting, though unfortunately in my current case I spawned on an island in the middle of an ocean biome, so I just spawned the starting Guild there and have been exploring the seas looking for the mainland. A couple of nice islands here and there, but so far no where appropriate to found my own settlement once I've reached King level. Also, I'm not entirely sure how Millenaire's town mod got in this minecraft.jar I'm using for the other mods; perhaps I mislabeled it? Anyway, from past play it's a pretty good NPC mod, though current build is further along than whatever build I've forgotten I've installed in this .jar, so I can't speak to current improvements (and from what I've read there ARE improvements made and bugs stomped from when I last played with it).

Gerbster
22-10-2011, 07:44 AM
The Tale of Kingdoms mod surprised me by having buildings that didn't look like a pile of shit.
However, easy for them to plan, since the whole city is pre-made, but there you go.
Have heard good things about the millenaire town mod so will go take a look, but only really cos I might get some inspiration, not cos I'm genuinely expecting to find anything better than what our humble server has.

DRoseDARs
22-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Millenaire's is neat in that people can add custom buildings for the NPCs to build, and you can even create new cultures with their own building sets. It's a lot of work to go that far, but the tools are there. There's a separate thread offering up custom buildings; Millenaire has even incorporated a few into the mod proper. The more I think about it (and the more endless seas I sail) the more I think I'm just going to nuke this modded .jar and redo it with the current build of Millenaire. When I first loaded this .jar tonight I found that a settlement had spawned pretty close by (I hadn't realized yet that I'd messed up my labeling, hence not realizing it was Millenaire's I was seeing) and when I spawned the ToK guild, damn thing plopped right on top of a Norman agricultural settlement.

tudou
22-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Is the server down at the moment? Can't seem to connect :-/

El Stevo
22-10-2011, 12:01 PM
:-/
Yeah, looks like it's being spazzy again. "Disconnected by Server. Took too long to log in." Forcing a restart had no effect. Stopping then restarting the server didn't either. Elt, don't know if the dueling restart wrappers have called a truce but would making the restarts more frequent than every 12 hours be a solution?
Well, no. If a manual restart doesn't work then automated restarts won't work either, since it does exactly the same thing. The server is up and running fine. Nobody can connect because of the Minecraft.net servers.

El Stevo
22-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Is the server down at the moment? Can't seem to connect :-/
Our server is up, Minecraft.net isn't, so we can't connect to it.

El Stevo
22-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Minecraft.net servers are back up. We can get in now.

tudou
22-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Minecraft.net servers are back up. We can get in now.

Thanking you for the info.

The JG Man
22-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Out of interest, any idea when we'll be updating the server? Considering the official release is creeping up on us, is the plan to wait it out till then and then go from there?

It's not so much the new tools and items I'm interested in, I just want completely brand spanking new world to explore...so I really should stock up, actually.

DRoseDARs
22-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Except at the time Minecraft.net was fine. I could load the client without it telling me "Cannot connect. Play offline?"

El Stevo
22-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Every time you join an online server a request is sent to a minecraft.net server to check that you have a valid account, not just when the client starts. At one time Mojang seemed to have everything running on one server so that the website, the checks when the client started and the checks when you join a multiplayer server would all go down at the same time. This is no longer the case.

Please have a look at Notch's twitter feed for today.

El Stevo
22-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Hourly wasn't THAT annoying and really kind of served as a gentle reminder that there's life to be lived outside of Minecraft. That, and bathroom breaks. ;-)
I added an hourly clock thing. As for the bathroom breaks, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'd offer to hold it and even zip you up afterwards, but unfortunately you're on a different continent.

DRoseDARs
22-10-2011, 11:53 PM
So now we have phantom Minecraft.net outages to watch for. In short, blame <strike>notch</strike> mollstam. Got it. ;)

Comrade Commissar
23-10-2011, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjEh1RO9jM&feature=feedf

El Stevo
23-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Validation servers are acting up again. Good time to bring the server down for the 1.8 update.

Phydaux
23-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I added an hourly clock thing. As for the bathroom breaks, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'd offer to hold it and even zip you up afterwards, but unfortunately you're on a different continent. Which one are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8CB3inzSQ
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8CB3inzSQ)

The JG Man
24-10-2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjEh1RO9jM&feature=feedf

Simply amazing.

El Stevo
24-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Server's on 1.8, but it's not running very smoothly. Permissions is pretty fucked. There are multiple plugins that either don't work or I haven't got round to testing yet. Chests are fucked too. All the world data is backed up, so we can roll back if we need to. Use at your own risk.

Going to bed now. Won't be able to do any more work on it until after work tomorrow.

Gerbster
24-10-2011, 03:08 AM
It didn't remember the bloody server IP? Grrrr.... time to hunt...

96.44.143.178:25566

In case you need it, since it also appears to not remember it in my version at least...

DRoseDARs
24-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Folks, don't get to used to this update, we need to see how nice it plays with our server before we commit to it. As Elt said, we have the backups if we need to do a rollback.

Ok, Gerb and I are on now having a looksee. Yeah, chests are wonked up (known bug in b181), and stargates don't work at all (do NOT /spawn if you're a non-OP unless you want to be trapped there). Name colors are nerfed to, but we both have our OP powers so that's probably just graphical. I think the hunger bar drops a bit too quickly (did Notch slow it in b19pres?) so pay attention to it guys and gals. Be also aware that fog has changed as well: The deeper you are the closer it gets regardless of your render distance setting, though being near direct sunlight pushes it back. Ex: My treefarm is at the bottom of the map and has a skylight in the center. From the center I can see all sides of the farm (that aren't blocked by trees, that is) but as soon as I step away the fog creeps closer until I can't see further than 14 blocks away. I haven't seen the Endermen yet and am not sure if Elt nerfed them or otherwise neutered them.

Read up on the Version History to see all current build information for b18 and b181:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history
(Note: Beta 1.9 Pre-Releases (1-4) are not presented on that page as they are not full releases)

Gerbster
24-10-2011, 04:34 AM
I couldn't stay on long cos of my connection, but maybe if a mod or admin has time, we just dig some crappy exit from spawn, otherwise people who die and respawn are trapped. Drose you still around and able to manage that? Maybe just a door with pressure plate on the inside to keep it shut?

For those who don't know, new spawn is just north west of RPS Nova.

DRoseDARs
24-10-2011, 07:10 AM
So guess who I wandered around in the east with for a few hours? Alikchi! He says hi. :)

Alikchi
24-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Continuing to establish my server tradition of "being a regular for a month and a half, then vanish for a month and a half, repeat"

Comrade Commissar
24-10-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA0aqp7yV4A&feature=related

Creepy!

El Stevo
24-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Server's running relatively smoothly and the permissions are set up. One or two plugins aren't working yet, like shops, and sign colours and the sleep plugin. Permissions could still break when people who haven't been on since before the update connect, for reasons that I can't fathom.

All the chests have a graphical bug that makes them look like they're all oriented to face the same direction (so that's approximately three quarters of the chests on the map that are fucked). If you don't have many you can fix them yourself by destroying them and replacing, or you can ask a mod or admin to fix them for you. Mods, you do this by right clicking on the face (not the top or bottom or side) of the chest on which you want the opening. This only works once for each chest.

El Stevo
24-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh, stargates are up and running, so it's safe to /spawn.

rustyshakelford2
25-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks for doing the the update elt. When you get the rest of the plugins straightened out, don't forget about the black hole that is my storage room.

DRoseDARs
25-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Fantastic Elt, thank you once again. :)

Gerbster
25-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Can't stress enough that guys need to check chests. They graphically have changed. As you probably know there is an opening / closing animation, but what you might not realise is they are now smaller than a full block in size, so you may need to remove them, particularly if they were used for flooring :(

Gerbster
25-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Also cheers Elt, sorry you had to put up with my rants as I kept discovering things that pissed me off!

Guys, do remember what is new. For the builders amongst you, the most important are probably brick stairs, the new smooth stone bricks / stairs / slabs, glass panes and metal bars.
Farmers - pumkin and watermelon farms (although how to get watermelon seeds I dunno, we might need to give out a few - Elt)?

The JG Man
25-10-2011, 02:07 AM
What, if any, are the plans to open up new land to explore brand new terrain?

Gerbster
25-10-2011, 04:49 AM
Mods and above - be very careful with the compass, it appears to work differently to how it used to - I just got teleported into a lava-ry death using left click. Through a wall...

J.B.
25-10-2011, 07:08 AM
although how to get watermelon seeds I dunno

I've only seen them in stronghold/dungeon chests so far.

El Stevo
25-10-2011, 07:15 AM
What, if any, are the plans to open up new land to explore brand new terrain?
The terrain gen code is changing again in 1.9 so that won't happen for 1.8. As soon as we know the terrain code is stable we're planning on expanding the map.

Robert Swan
25-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Finally got on the server and was aghast at the abomination that are the new chests... ruins a lot of stuff. Had a quick check on the new fog stuff and fortunately I'm not too affected but I feel sorry for people who invested in huge deep vistas. When will the dev twits decide to change worktables and furnaces too?

Decided to fix one of our buildings that uses chests as floors and replace the chests with note blocks. Go to place the first one - crashes. I have no desire to try again... sod that, really, sod that. Quicker I get my game sorted the quicker I can leave MC.

Gerbster
26-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Righto just had a bit of a play with new stuff in 1.8. Here are thoughts:

- Huge mushrooms. Red / brown mushrooms + space + bonemeal = huge mushrooms. If you chop them down, you just get more mushrooms. If mods chop them down with super pick axe, we get the actual chunks. They glitch a bit due to stacking / non-stacking according the faces textured, but it is a shame that players can't get them as I reckon the stalk block would be quite nice for building (has a bit of wattle and daub effect going on)

- Pumpkin growing. Yes it works. No there is currently no way for anyone except mods etc to get seeds, but from my tests, only 2 seeds are likely to be needed for any given player to enable them to get as many as they want (place seed, bonemeal, harvest full stem, get 0-3 seeds back, hence why 2 in case first try gives you zero).

- Melon growing. Yes it works. Also no way to get the seeds for now, but you only need one as you just let the melon grow then harvest it which breaks it into slices. Slices can be recrafted into melons, or crafted alone to give seeds. Much easier to get this one going than pumpkins.

- Vines. They do what they say on the tin. Unsurprisingly, only mods etc can get them, but again, once a few are let loose, they should be reasonably fast to duplicate.

I won't give out vines or seeds nor make my own farm (cos then you lot would just pillage and rape!), until we hear from Admin what they'd like to do regarding th. We only need a few in circulation to soon supply all the server needs, but would rather wait to know official policy rather than accidentally spread.

DRoseDARs
26-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Regarding vines: Absolutely, positively NO vines. Notch nerfed their overgrowth in b19pre+, but in b18+ they're a pestilence and a griefer tool.

Regarding pumpkin/melon seeds: Honestly, I'm not sure. As you said, all you need is 1 seed of either to eventually provide for the entire server of that crop. Very unbalanced, but is that any different from wheat? Not really, I don't think. Perhaps having a starter pumpkin and starter melon available somewhere public, clearly labelled as such and giving instructions NOT to kill the stem might be acceptable. What do you think Elt?

Regarding Giant Mushroom stalks: If non-OPs can't get them themselves, sounds like a product for the General Store once that plugin is back in order. That's how we initially offered Nether blocks and Lapis Luzuli.

Wubble69
26-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Usual Tedious Question!

How do you recommend we upgrade our *.jar from 1.7.3 to 1.8.x?

Or will we now be on the general public version of 1.8.x?

DRoseDARs
26-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I'm up waaay past my bedtime; have to be at work in 5 hours. Ugh, stupid me. >_<

Wub, your answer is in the very first post of the thread. Here's the pertinent part. It's slightly out-of-date since the auto-updates have been changed by Mojang since this was written months ago, but the backup routine is still quite valid:

"In order to ensure your ability to play on our server when it ISN'T up-to-date with the current build of the game, you need to get into the habit of going into your /.minecart/bin folder ***BEFORE loading the game when an update has been released*** and making a backup copy of the minecraft.jar file in there. Rename the backup to something reflecting the build of the game it represents. To wit: "b1.8.1 minecraft.jar" is the most current backup I have, and I'm using a copy of my "b1.7.3 minecraft.jar" backup to play on the server. I've made backups in this manner going all the way back to alpha v122. It's super-effective. Once you've made your safe backup, go ahead and load the game. It'll auto-update. Once it's done, exit the game, go back to the now-updated minecraft.jar file and rename it to match that build of the game, making it a backup of that build. Finally, make a copy file of the backup of the build that matches the server, rename it to minecraft.jar and place it in the /bin folder if it isn't sitting there already. You should be able to connect to the server at this point."

At this time, you'll want to have a safe/clean copy of b173 and safe/clean copy of b181. While the server is now at b181, there's a chance we might downgrade back to b173 if this build proves to be too wonky. Better safe than screwed.

Wubble69
26-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

In my defense I wasn't so much asking about "how" to update the *.jar file I was just badly communicating that I didn't know which jar file to up date to. I do read all your carefully created googledocs I promise! :)

In the end I sucked it and saw and just updated using the public update system.

Gerbster
26-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Regarding vines: Absolutely, positively NO vines. Notch nerfed their overgrowth in b19pre+, but in b18+ they're a pestilence and a griefer tool.Hmm I thought he fixed that in 1.8.1. Agreed, no vines.

I like the idea of the starter kit at spawn somewhere. However, if people can't break the pumpkin stem, there is no way of getting seeds (not true of melons though). We could just sell the seeds at general - could even be quite pricey cos you only need a few to get the ball rolling.

Speaking of which we still haven't forgotten Rob and I paid Jonbas ages ago for the rights to 'luxury' items to be in a shop at Shrewbil :P

El Stevo
26-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I'll make a little melon farm opposite the market with instructions to replant after harvesting.

El Stevo
26-10-2011, 11:06 PM
I made the public melon farm opposite the market. There's a notice board briefly explaining how melon farming works. Help yourselves to melons!

(For those that don't know, you get to the market by going through the permanently open portal that is at spawn.)

Alikchi
27-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I still can't access /help or other commands.

El Stevo
27-10-2011, 05:34 PM
I still can't access /help or other commands.
I think you should be able to now.

I think I'm going to have to look into changing to another permissions plugin, because the current situation is ridiculous. :/

Alikchi
27-10-2011, 08:41 PM
All working, thank you kindly.

El Stevo
27-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Animal spawning is nerfed in 1.8, so Gerb and I made a pig and sheep farm behind the melon farm, which is opposite RPS Nova Market.

Sign colours are back in now, although coloured signs no longer glow in the dark :(

You should all have your money back, and I'll look at getting shops back up and running tomorrow.

KirbyS
28-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Yea... um... about the plugins... I love that we've updated, but there are no results for /help. /(anything) does nothing. Stargates are borked... and ya.... Ill see you all later on the server now :D

EDIT: Also creepers blow up if they even just start to hiss. Its annoying...

rustyshakelford2
28-10-2011, 01:56 AM
The map has been updated.

http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

Gerbster
28-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Kirby, from what I understand the problem is simply that Eltagno has to update player permissions on an individual basis - the plug in isn't accepting the old file (despite it apparently looking identical). I am sure Elt will update you knowing you are around, so hang in there :)

KirbyS
28-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Ohhhh..... ok, thanks man

El Stevo
29-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Kirby should be working with the permissions now.

Sleep plugins are sorted. Idle people are ignored, and you can see who still needs to go to bed by using the command '/bed'.

Shops should now be up and running. I haven't tested them, so it would be great if people have a play around.

El Stevo
29-10-2011, 10:18 AM
It does say the version the server is running at in the first post. It's 1.8.1.

DRoseDARs
29-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Looking at that guy's profile: He joined only a few hours ago, posted 8 times in a 10 minute span across different threads in different forums, and he has those 3 picture links of online product offerings.

Human spambot and reported to the forum mods as such. Buh-bye. And with that, I go to bed on a good note. Not exactly a firsthand banhammering, but still felt good. :-)

KirbyS
29-10-2011, 08:55 PM
My adventures with the weird and wonderful creatures of the interesting land of Bermuda. I have been a part of tales of love, and loss. From flying squid, to shy creepers, there are mobs of all different walks of life. I plan for there to be many more adventures with them.
http://imgur.com/a/jSpEG

DRoseDARs
30-10-2011, 04:17 AM
And now Bondmystic has reappeared; helped me fix my doublechests. :D

DHP
30-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey, KirbyS, there is a pair of hot hot chicken legs at rpsnova with your name on it. I am renovating the area around, ever gonna finish that or ok for removal?

KirbyS
30-10-2011, 03:48 PM
O crap... i forgot about that, next time im on, ill get rid of it

Xerian
30-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Note to Elt (The forgetful lad): Add Lapis Ores to the store, and fix Rusty's storage room.

DRoseDARs
31-10-2011, 12:44 AM
The mods on MinecraftForum.net can wrap around my ass. 3-day posting ban for what? I posted "No." in a "I found Herobrine!" thread ZOMGRULEVIOLATIONWARNINGISSUED... nevermind such threads aren't allowed in the first place and are rightly mocked. Now I've gotten another ZOMGRULEVIOLATIONWARNINGISSUED for posting off-topic... in a thread where the thread-starter was posting a link in an attempt to get mindless saps to infect their computers. Dude was getting roundly mocked. The thread slipped off the first page what 2 days ago and now the mods do something about it? Jesus.

*sigh*
Anyway, right before this asinine auto-ban, I ran into Gringo_Starr of all people! He says hi and may drop by sometime. :D

Edit: Forgot to mention that Steam is having a Halloween-themed sale. I just got ResEvil5, LFD2, and just finished installing Amnesia, all for $20usd. Damnable impulse buys... XD

Mollusc Infestation
31-10-2011, 01:04 AM
No reduction on Costume Quest. Bah. Humbug.

Gerbster
31-10-2011, 03:35 AM
I am surprised you post on MCF.net to be honest Drose - the average mental age there is in the minus figures and I'm so tired of all the fanatics going apeshit because Notch released an updated where all he did was correct a single typo or something (but the bug list gets new additions like 'Food stopped working, so you will all die eventually' etc. Are the RPS forums that lonely? :)

Xerian
31-10-2011, 10:05 PM
The mods on MinecraftForum.net can wrap around my ass. 3-day posting ban for what? I posted "No." in a "I found Herobrine!" thread ZOMGRULEVIOLATIONWARNINGISSUED... nevermind such threads aren't allowed in the first place and are rightly mocked. Now I've gotten another ZOMGRULEVIOLATIONWARNINGISSUED for posting off-topic... in a thread where the thread-starter was posting a link in an attempt to get mindless saps to infect their computers. Dude was getting roundly mocked. The thread slipped off the first page what 2 days ago and now the mods do something about it? Jesus.

*sigh*
Anyway, right before this asinine auto-ban, I ran into Gringo_Starr of all people! He says hi and may drop by sometime. :D

Edit: Forgot to mention that Steam is having a Halloween-themed sale. I just got ResEvil5, LFD2, and just finished installing Amnesia, all for $20usd. Damnable impulse buys... XD
RE5? Decent stuffs. L4D2? Good shit. Amnesia? Greatest shit of all time.
Also; Someone ought to buy Dungeon Defenders... Its mighty addictive, and hillarious to play in coop. (Besides the ton of content... And the fact that its rather cheap... ;P)

Alikchi
01-11-2011, 01:37 AM
The Minecraft community is full of awful children and best filtered through this thread or the SA one.

Gerbster
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM
I spent some time clearing out that huge wooden shack at east hub (got tired of waiting for you to do it Xer!), so the area is up for grabs again. Prime real estate at one of the most popular hubs! (Xer - I left all the wood and stuff in those chests for you, let me know if you don't have access to them).
I will fill in the ground when I get a chance, so it won't remain as fug as it is now.

El Stevo
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Note to Elt (The forgetful lad): Add Lapis Ores to the store, and fix Rusty's storage room.
Done and done.

Xerian
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I spent some time clearing out that huge wooden shack at east hub (got tired of waiting for you to do it Xer!), so the area is up for grabs again. Prime real estate at one of the most popular hubs! (Xer - I left all the wood and stuff in those chests for you, let me know if you don't have access to them).
I will fill in the ground when I get a chance, so it won't remain as fug as it is now.
When I arrived at east earlier I got a tad confused as it wasnt there, and I'd just cleared out my inventory to start demolishing it. I then went on and checked here, and alas, you beat me to it. And eh, I dont have access to them. :|

Gerbster
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Xer, I couldn't work out how to add you to the protection so like an idiot I created some chests for you in your base just to the side of the cleared area (I say like an idiot because to make those chests I used the exact procedure necessary to add you to the other chests!). All the stuff is in the first two chests on the right in your base.

rustyshakelford2
03-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Two pigs and a sheep got into the public melon farm and trampled everything. I replanted it.

Gerbster
03-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Did someone leave the gate open, or can they somehow spawn in there, any idea?

rustyshakelford2
03-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Did someone leave the gate open, or can they somehow spawn in there, any idea?

My guess is that it was because of the grass under the fence. I replaced it with stone brick, so far no spawning.

Gerbster
04-11-2011, 05:27 AM
Was really bored and noticed a few game threads here slightly altered the normal RPS name for their own purposes, so wondered if we should do the same. Was thinking Rock Paper Shovel - seems minecrafty, right? Right? *digital tumbleweed blows past*

The JG Man
04-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Rock Paper Tssssss?

I like the Shovel idea though.

Comrade Commissar
04-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Rock Paper Pickaxe anyone?
Doesn't have to start with an "S", you know? ;)

J.B.
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Yes, yes it does.

El Stevo
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Cock Paper Shotgun!

Am I doing it right?

The JG Man
04-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Rock, Paper, Creeper?
Rock, Paper, Stone?
Rock, Pickaxe, Stone?
Rock, Paper, Diamonds!
Rock, Paper, Giant Gold Dick?

Xerian
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Actually; As per with the actual, spirit of RPS, it does. (All the official ones start S, anyway. But we're unofficial. But meh, RPS is RPS!)

Xerian
04-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Rock, Paper, Creeper?
Rock, Paper, Stone?
Rock, Pickaxe, Stone?
Rock, Paper, Diamonds!
Rock, Paper, Giant Gold Dick?
Rock Paper Dicktower.
Rock Paper Dirthut?

DRoseDARs
04-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Xerian is correct, in keeping with the spirit of the pun it ought to stay with the initials RPS ...because shut up, that's why. :D
*I'm joking, I'm joking, but seriously we ought to keep the same letters; lowercase "u" for "unofficial" shall remain in front. Also, see if you can keep the cadence as well: First word has 1 syllable, and the other two have 2 each.

Not all-inclusive, just running through the item ID list on the wiki:
Rose (and not because it's in my name :P ), rock (technically already use), redstone, rail, paper (technically already use), piston, pig/pigman/pigmen, painting (zzz), pickaxe, potion (perhaps after such time as we can update to either b1.9/b1.10 or the fully released game), pumpkin/plumpkin (I call them plumpkins because I like big gourds and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny...), portal (no, separate game), porkchop (yes), squid/seapig (if the chickens are ducks, then Ima keep calling them squids seapigs), sapling, stone, sand/sandstone, slab (meh), sponge (heh), slime/slimeball, silverfish, sugar (zzz), sword, saddle, shovel, spider (not cave spider since it starts with C), shears, string (zzz), stick (zzz), soulsand, snow/snowball, seeds (zzz), stairs (zzz)

Edit: Huh, seems I've advanced to "Network Hub" in the forum. Yay post count, didn't even really notice 'till now. XD

Xerian
04-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Xerian is correct, in keeping with the spirit of the pun it ought to stay with the initials RPS ...because shut up, that's why. :D
*I'm joking, I'm joking, but seriously we ought to keep the same letters; lowercase "u" for "unofficial" shall remain in front. Also, see if you can keep the cadence as well: First word has 1 syllable, and the other two have 2 each.

Not all-inclusive, just running through the item ID list on the wiki:
Rose (and not because it's in my name :P ), rock (technically already use), redstone, rail, paper (technically already use), piston, pig/pigman/pigmen, painting (zzz), pickaxe, potion (perhaps after such time as we can update to either b1.9/b1.10 or the fully released game), pumpkin/plumpkin (I call them plumpkins because I like big gourds and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny...), portal (no, separate game), porkchop (yes), squid/seapig (if the chickens are ducks, then Ima keep calling them squids seapigs), sapling, stone, sand/sandstone, slab (meh), sponge (heh), slime/slimeball, silverfish, sugar (zzz), sword, saddle, shovel, spider (not cave spider since it starts with C), shears, string (zzz), stick (zzz), soulsand, snow/snowball, seeds (zzz), stairs (zzz)

Edit: Huh, seems I've advanced to "Network Hub" in the forum. Yay post count, didn't even really notice 'till now. XD
Redstone Piston... Slime!... Sugar? Stick? Eh.
... Rock pickaxe saddle?
Ah shiet, I'm terrible at this.

EDIT: Congrats on the new rank! I've only posted on this thread and robs one, so my count isnt exactly sky-high ;P

Mollusc Infestation
05-11-2011, 12:17 AM
How about Rough Creeper Shakedown? I know that doesn't start with the right letters, but shut up.

DHP
05-11-2011, 04:52 AM
How about...

Rock Paper Spelunking?

J.B.
05-11-2011, 08:21 AM
How about...

Rock Paper Spelunking?

That's pretty good. Also I quite like Rock, Porkchop, Shovel.

TwinklinPixi3
05-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Ummm Redstone, Pickaxe, Shovel :)

Comrade Commissar
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Youre doing it wrong. :(

You only exchange ONE word from the original Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
Otherwise it's not cool.

Just a few example for RPS game groups I am in:

Robe, Pape, Shotgun (Magicka)
Rock, Paper, Stalingrad! (Red Orchestra 2)
Rock, Paper, Synapse (Frozen Synapse)
Rock, Paper, Stop! Police! (APB Reloaded)

But really, we have been trying to come up with something like this for the RPS GTA group, too. It's really hard to find a fitting word if it isn't obvious and we shouldn't force it if it sounds dull.

The ARMA guys for example didn't do it, either. They just go with ARPS Hero Squad.

TwinklinPixi3
05-11-2011, 12:34 PM
ok ok :)

Then...
Rock, Paper, Smoothstone
Rock, Paper, Spade
Redstone, Paper, Shotgun
Rock, Pickaxe, Shotgun

Comrade Commissar
05-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Noob adventures part 5 was released, by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHbuMQl9aKM&feature=BFa&list=SL&lf=list_related

rustyshakelford2
05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Noob adventures part 5 was released, by the way.

I've been really enjoying that series. I think its almost time for part 6.

Edit: Map has been updated.

Xerian
06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Youre doing it wrong. :(

You only exchange ONE word from the original Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
Otherwise it's not cool.

Just a few example for RPS game groups I am in:

Robe, Pape, Shotgun (Magicka)
Rock, Paper, Stalingrad! (Red Orchestra 2)
Rock, Paper, Synapse (Frozen Synapse)
Rock, Paper, Stop! Police! (APB Reloaded)

But really, we have been trying to come up with something like this for the RPS GTA group, too. It's really hard to find a fitting word if it isn't obvious and we shouldn't force it if it sounds dull.

The ARMA guys for example didn't do it, either. They just go with ARPS Hero Squad.
Its not -actually- called Rock Paper Stalingrad... Yet, anyway. ;>...Muahaha... Muahaha... MUAHAHAHAHAH
-Yeah, I'm bored.

I've been really enjoying that series. I think its almost time for part 6.

Edit: Map has been updated.
Yaysers. Thank'ye ;)

rustyshakelford2
07-11-2011, 06:55 PM
For anyone who wasn't on the server last night, we came up with the idea to make a museum of the 7 deadly sins in the nether. Its coming along nicely, but I can't think of what to do for pride and wrath. Ideas would be appreciated. You can see what i've done so far by going through the nether portal at rps nova and then taking a right. Also, is our IRC plugin working? I can't find the server info to check.

The JG Man
07-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Pride - lots of rarer materials up against a lava-y edge? The idea that you are often oblivious to obvious issues?..

Yeah, that sounds stupid.

Mollusc Infestation
07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Wrath - TNT or creepers. Or perhaps a structure made entirely from mob spawners.

rustyshakelford2
07-11-2011, 11:59 PM
I imported part of our map into blender and have been trying out some different renders. I hope to eventually create an animated flythrough of the server. Heres a very rough sample.

http://raycore.org/images/blendertest04.png

Robert Swan
08-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Are you using a library to import the region files or converting the data yourself? If you want any help with something feel free to ask as I've been through pretty much everything already for my game.

Funnily enough I wanted to add a spline camera tool fairly early to mine too for nice flythroughs...

rustyshakelford2
08-11-2011, 02:57 AM
Are you using a library to import the region files or converting the data yourself? If you want any help with something feel free to ask as I've been through pretty much everything already for my game.

Funnily enough I wanted to add a spline camera tool fairly early to mine too for nice flythroughs...

I'm using a tool called mcobj, which does all the conversion for me. Right now the biggest problem is me not knowing the first thing about blender. I think its time to watch some tutorial videos.

Xerian
08-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm using a tool called mcobj, which does all the conversion for me. Right now the biggest problem is me not knowing the first thing about blender. I think its time to watch some tutorial videos.
Dont worry, Blender is really, REALLY easy to use & get used to, and their own tutorials are pretty great.
It'd be a nice addition to our many lovely "side-features"

Do it. DO IT. ;)

ScottJ10
10-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Could someone whitelist Bimmenhausen? Thanks :]

Gerbster
10-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Elt, I did try but I think the whitelisting tool doesn't work with 1.8. Worse than that, after using it, with BImmenhausen on the server, doing /who generated an error, hopefully it'll show up in the logs?

Xerian
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Elt, I did try but I think the whitelisting tool doesn't work with 1.8. Worse than that, after using it, with BImmenhausen on the server, doing /who generated an error, hopefully it'll show up in the logs?
Ugh, actually, whenever someone is on without being whitelisted (or used to be whitelisted but got un-listed due to that there bug) then alot of other peoples' permissions break, for some very wierd and seemingly random stuff, untill said person leaves at which point everything works as it should, more or less.

Gerbster
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Yup noticed that last night. Silly MC :(

Deschain
12-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I appear to no longer be whitelisted, and cannot escape spawn. Any idea how this happened, and how I could get it fixed to get back home?

DRoseDARs
13-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Ok, my attempts to both use admin majicks and manually changing the file failed (all the ones I saw had Des as a builder; in game he was whitetext wtf?) so I'm at a loss. :-/

El Stevo
13-11-2011, 02:03 AM
You need to move his entry higher up in the file. Don't ask me why that fixes it because I don't know :(

I've done it now.

DRoseDARs
13-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Weird, ok thank you for identifying the trick. Silly MC :(

The JG Man
13-11-2011, 03:10 AM
So I was gonna come on and play tonight, but I don't know if the update worked properly, purely because Minecraft crashed with the same graphics problem that Amnesia had. Me thinks it's to do with the last driver update for Battlefield 3; Renegade Ops and Binding of Isaac work, so I'm guessing it's just ATI being idiots and rushing out the update but not being fully aware of its affects.

DarioSamo
13-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Seems my whitelist permission got borked too. :(

Dario_ff ingame, I'm still at my base luckily, just with tools that I can't use. O_o

Comrade Commissar
14-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I noticed that stuff like opening chests or doors or shooting arrows from a bow make different sounds than usual. I didn't update my .jar, however. So I wonder if that is server side, as it is really annoying and hurts my ears.
Anyone know anything about that?

Also:
With the official release of MC approaching, new map or expanding the old one? I remember us saying that we would consider a fresh start upon MC being released officially.

rustyshakelford2
14-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I noticed that stuff like opening chests or doors or shooting arrows from a bow make different sounds than usual. I didn't update my .jar, however. So I wonder if that is server side, as it is really annoying and hurts my ears.

Also:
With the official release of MC approaching, new map or expanding the old one? I remember us saying that we would consider a fresh start upon MC being released officially.

The update was client side, but only the sounds were updated. You could go into the resources folder and replace them if you really wanted to. I'm pretty sure the plan was to expand the map, I can't imagine that anyone would want to start over after having this map for a year.

Robert Swan
14-11-2011, 09:00 PM
For anyone wondering about how my game is coming along - Theres a few more pics of Mammalia using my own (incomplete) texture set, which is also in there if anyone feels like critiqueing (or changing it).

http://www.aahgames.com/downloads/diorama/dm_art/characters/

Xerian
15-11-2011, 12:52 PM

Also:
It was being considered, although I'm quite sure the idea was thrown outta the window.

Comrade Commissar
15-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd still vote for a new map. But an expansion is okay, too.

The JG Man
15-11-2011, 05:09 PM
+1 with Mr. Weed. I think a new map would be cool, but an expansion of good size would be good. So long as there's plenty of time for me to spread my pine into an army of bewilderingly green and brown landscape. Ahem.

As it goes, I was using that texture pack that was the modified one posted earlier in the thread. It doesn't seem to gel quite so well with 8.1; is there a fix for that somewhere abound?

Comrade Commissar
15-11-2011, 07:50 PM
If you mean the Nations at War pack that I modified, it's not updated yet. Once its up to date, Ill post it here.

DRoseDARs
16-11-2011, 02:18 AM
It was pretty much decided several weeks ago that there will NOT be a new map to replace this one. The disruption to the community makes that an unacceptable option. There is the "Holiday" map we had used for a while, but that was a temporary map to protect this one while we waited on various odds and ends to catch up with the then-current build of the game. As for expansion, that's on the table but as the biome generating code remains in flux there won't be any action on that front until sometime after Notch stops messing with it every update/prerelease/candidate/bar mitzvah/full moon/chicken fart. Notch has repeatedly said they'll continue to develop the game after official release, lord knows what that means for future map-generation.

Deschain
16-11-2011, 07:26 AM
So, does anyone else have a slime infestation? We've got it bad. Like, in the past two days, we have gotten ~360 slimeballs. Up until this point I hadn't even seen one.

Alikchi
18-11-2011, 09:27 PM
So I guess we can finally play this game now, huh? Hope it's good.

DRoseDARs
18-11-2011, 09:35 PM
So we're having a rather serious urban/wildfire here in Reno. Authorities have put the entire southwest area of Reno under voluntary/mandatory evacuation depending on proximity to the fire and the direction the wind is blowing it. I'm under voluntary since winds are blowing (very hard) to the north. However, should the winds start pushing east/south I and thousands of others could be screwed. Lots of burnable homes and trees between me and the fire, not that it isn't already omnomnoming on the urban landscape already. I'll keep you folks posted as the weekend progresses.

Edit: Removed shit Google Map and its shitty "eye witness" reporting as I don't live on Windy Hill; dubious reports. Update further down-thread.

As of 1:35pm pst, I find the reports south of Holcomb Ln to be rather dubious. The content on that Google Map is user-generated so I'm wondering how many of the little fire icons are bullshit reports by panicked idiots. Also, Google Maps has always had issues with accurately-placing icons, so seeing things to the east of US395 right now or to the north of Reno pings my bullshitometer. The icons are single-point reports, rather than burned area, so this map shouldn't make you think a 1/4 of Reno is indeed on fire. An "affected area" map will come later once authorities/media have complied one. (Edit: OK, seems the winds have knocked powerlines triggering additional wildfire reports around town, which is pretty normal actually. We'll see how they all progress).

This has long been a nightmare scenario for the Truckee Meadows: We sit in a bowl of a valley, surrounded by higher mountains, often chaotic wind patterns, and *lots* of dry brushland. There have been brushfires that have threatened or even burned homes before, but this one has pushed at least partly into the burn-ier parts of the urban zones. Open spaces along the foothills are easier to deal with when they burn, densely-packed homes on the valley floor are not. We had to go through this before where I live back in 2000 and was even closer to where I live. Moreover, our old house back in Chicago burned done too and a month later our storage unit went up in flames. Damn you, Prometheus, damn you and your fire!

Comrade Commissar
18-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Woah, that sounds pretty bad!
I really hope that fire doesn't get to you!

DRoseDARs
18-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Quick Minecraft note: Now officially 1.0 (as in I just force-updated and yeppers, version number in the corner is 1.0.0)

Also: Version History already has the release notes up on 1.0.0
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history

I couldn't tell you what's actually new since b1.9 since I've mostly ignored the six pre-releases and the two RCs, but as always that page lists pretty much everything in every build since the beginning.

Jonbas
19-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Don't you have admin commands for removing fire DRose?

Good luck out there. But sounds like you'll be fine: you don't have any flammable possessions left anymore anyways.

DRoseDARs
19-11-2011, 01:33 AM
Ok, an update much sooner thankfully than I'd expected:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111118/NEWS/111118033/Google-map-affected-structures-Caughlin-fire?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

This map is much better, showing really just homes that were confirmed by local media following up with authorities to have been damaged/destroyed as opposed to "wind knocked over a birdhouse, therefore FIRE OMG EVERYONE DIEDED!" or "I can see the smoke from my house on the other side of town, therefore FIRE OMG I'M BURNING ALIVE!" reports.

Seems authorities pulled out all the stops and used admin commands. Not 100% contained, but they've managed to stop its progression into urban lands for the most part. The winds have died down and we also have a bit of moisture coming over the Sierras, so that might help... assuming there aren't lightning bolts hiding in those clouds tonight. Up to 10,000 evacuated, 2000 acres burned last I heard, 20-ish homes hit, 1 death that I've heard about. This could have gone much much worse.

Xerian
19-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, could've been much worse indeed... Like if you'd been barbecued ;|
In all seriousness though; When I saw it on TV yesterday I was like D:! Drose D:... And yeah, it could've been much worse, and has been several times in quite a few places, glad to see you're alive and well though :]
*Edit* Please remember to notify us if you get a minor case of death.

Comrade Commissar
19-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Elt or DRose, could you whitelist Rittmeister again? He's an RL friend of mine and it seems that he has lost his permissions after the update, but didnt tell anyone to whitelist him again until now... (He was bragging about not being able to use /spawn etc.)

El Stevo
19-11-2011, 06:33 PM
It's done.

Comrade Commissar
19-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Cheers! I'll tell him.

DRoseDARs
20-11-2011, 08:31 PM
OK, the fire is 95% contained and pretty much squashed. 32 homes destroyed, 5 damaged but reinhabitable. Up to 10,000 people evacuated ahead of it. Only 1 killed (senior having a heartattack while evacuating, go figure. :-( ) and plenty of people having minor smoke inhalation issues. Not the first time we've been visited by Bisquack's dragon, won't be the last.

Gerbster
20-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Still, glad to hear things are OK.

Gerbster
23-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Just to let you guys know - my absense lately is not due to lack of love for the game, but too much work IRL, that nasty place with curves :(
Hope to sort it in a few days and will be back soon :)

DRoseDARs
23-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Each time I come on, I'm foreveralone. Lonelier than even playing single player. It's one of those times of the year I guess. Folks in school having tests, winter vacation season and what-have-you.

El Stevo
24-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Quite a few people are playing Skyrim.

DRoseDARs
24-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Scrolls, you mean Scrolls. ;)

Mollusc Infestation
24-11-2011, 02:27 AM
Skyrim and a little bit of 1.0 dabbling.

Mollusc Infestation
24-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Scrolls, you mean Scrolls. ;)
I have this slight paranoia that this joke will come full circle one day, when Bethesda try to use it as evidence that there is a genuine confusion between the two franchises.

The JG Man
24-11-2011, 02:33 AM
It's only being used by those that really know the difference. Something of a joke among gamers. Honestly, they brought it on themselves.

Mollusc Infestation
24-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Unfortunately for Bethesda, the high profile of this story and the prevalence of that particular joke means that they basically have no case left. I'm anticipating that the legal system will see it a little less simply though.

DRoseDARs
24-11-2011, 02:48 AM
I can honestly say that I have never come close to hating the Steam Store's atrocious formatting as much as I do right now. They're having one of their quaint little GINORMOUS sales at the moment (for the next 12-15 hours, depending if you're looking at the website or looking through your Steam client) and I'm trying to browse through hundreds of strategy/simulation titles that have been marked down... 10 listings per page. Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Valve, getting some better view options. I have especially always loved how if you click on a title (intentionally or accidentally) and try to go back to the previous page, the list resets back to the first page of titles, which is awesome if you've already gone through a few pages and have pages more to go... AND YOU CAN'T JUMP TO PAGES. *RAGE*

I am still, of course, going to continue to throw my money at them but cripes, do they have to make me work so hard to do so?

Edit: Sorry, the time figure applies to daily deals, not the Autumn Sale as a whole which will go on for a few more days.

The JG Man
24-11-2011, 03:41 AM
Why are you even looking now? You're supposed to wait till the last day to see if they're further reduced at some point! It strikes me as odd though that they have this sale now when the winter sale will be about a month off, if that, where the prices are likely to be even further reduced, including titles more recently released. I'm annoyed about Renegade Ops though. I had that pre-ordered back in August when it looked like it was coming out and now it's on sale. Granted I paid for the 4-pack so it was at regular sale price now, but it's a little insulting. At least with Binding of Isaac it was cheap enough to not be disgruntled by it.

Anyhow, with regards to 1.0, what is the plan to move forward with the server? Eventually we'll be updating, but what will be happening with the map? Based on what was said before with 1.8, are we going to be expanding in one direction, or what? I'm very excited about filling out new land with pines. All pines, everywhere. Muah-haha.

Mollusc Infestation
24-11-2011, 04:14 AM
The daily deals are always worth checking out. And yes, the steam store is horrible.

OneStrayBullet
24-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Can someone please upload and link the 1.8.1 jar? I haven't played for a while and cannot seem to find it available for download online anywhere.

Gerbster
24-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Actually the fact people are invested into other games might work nicely for us as we can just sorta idle along all occupied elsewhere until the mods and what-have-you are ready for an upgrade. Quiet server when we are an update behind the latest version = less pleading to update :)

Xerian
24-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah, its got alot to do with school and the fact that Autumn & Christmas are the months where every sodding anticipated game seems to come out, and school. Goddamn school. I myself have played 120+ hours of skyrim since it launched, but have managed to get onto MC quite alot aswell :>

And regarding the steam-store, I wouldnt say its -THAT- bad, I've certainly had worse. Alot sodding worse. And I do think such changes are in the works, read something about something similar (as far as I recall) on the Steamforums a few days ago :>
Oh, and you guys do realize that Mojang can sue "The Elder Scrolls" if they get to trademark Scrolls, right? - Atleast in several countries.
And really, even if its silly or not, noone should be able to trademark one simple, often-ish used word. Like that git that holds the trademark for Edge, that guy is just sodding horrible.

Mollusc Infestation
24-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Allegedly Mojang offered to drop the trademark application, but that was not deemed to be an adequate resolution. Bethesda had a problem with the mere fact that they were using the word Scrolls in a video game title.

DISCLAIMER- i frankly couldn't care less about this case from a moral perspective. It's just lawyers enacting the laws which they invent to keep themselves in work as far as i can tell.

DRoseDARs
24-11-2011, 08:25 PM
To be fair, it isn't Bethesda itself rather its bitchy parent company Zenimax Media Inc. that's suing. I agree, lawyers being lawyers. Meh. As for map plans, an extension onto the existing one is likely but keep your panties on, we're biding our time while things get updated for mc100. We'll figure out what to do after the server is all caught up. (Edit: Just noticed that Jeb_ has released a pre-release of mc101. Heh, and so it begins and so it continues. Edit x2: Seems to be just for the server jar; bugfixes.)

God help me, I bought Supreme Rule:Cold War and The Sims 3 last night. Hurts so good...

Xerian
24-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Lawyers gonna law. I do hate how some people are like "omg Todd Howard omg we dont liek yoo as game dev anymoar!!" So what, hes in his parent company's legalteam now? Heh.
A patch? That was... Fast. And yeah, I know the feeling, Any and all games from steam sales tend to hurt dang good

Xerian
25-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Ugh, I'm thinking HGS or whatever they're called are having some "minor" issues, the servers ping is 450~, and disconnects me once every few minutes. (10-15+ seconds for blocks to get destroyed)
EDIT: Its alot better now (and has been for the past 90~ minutes :>)

The JG Man
30-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey guys. This is an open-comment to everyone on the server.

I want to do a review/discussion piece thing for Minecraft for the little blog that I do. Seeing as how I feel a game like Minecraft is impossible to review, I'd like to take some pics of some places on the server to kinda show off what the game is about and so on. Does anyone have a problem with me doing this? I'll provide captions of anything so people know who it belongs to and I'll put up the content here first so that you guys know what I'm writing. There won't be anything personal, more saying "This is what happens when you combine a game with freedom and some friendly people."

The site doesn't exactly get many views, but it's more principal. I don't want to include pictures of anything that people might not want to be pictured.

On a side note, now that Zelda is done and dusted, I'll be on a little bit more.

DRoseDARs
30-11-2011, 08:22 PM
People do that every now and then so feel free; I've no problem with it. :)

TwinklinPixi3
30-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I have no problem with that at all :)

Comrade Commissar
30-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Why would I have a problem with that? Go ahead.

The JG Man
30-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I know it seems like a silly question, but...hell I dunno, principles can sometimes be cumbersome :P Thanks guys! I don't know when I'll get round to doing it, but I will at some point soon...

Xerian
01-12-2011, 02:07 AM
I see no problem in it whatsoever, so you can go ahead and use whichever of my few builds you'd like, I dont mind the least ;P

JPicasso
01-12-2011, 04:44 AM
Hey guys, I just joined up to the steam group and logged into the server.

Is the default world the actual survival world? I logged in and find myself in the "New Spawn" area, but there does not seem to be a way out. The portals do not work, and all exits are blocked. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

DRoseDARs
01-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Well, the portal directly in the back of the gate room at Spawn is a direct always-on connection to the market in the town of RPS Nova so you should only need to walk through it, but the other four in that same room and any others you find on the server that aren't "always-on" you have to right-click the sign to scroll the options then hit the button on the other side to activate your intended destination. We don't use the vanilla nether gate coding, we use a separate plugin that overrides it with better features. There are 5 public hub systems: Central (which routes through Spawn), North (located 2km to the north), South (same, but south), East and West (take a wild guess where they're located...) then of course the market in RPS Nova, which served for a time as the Central Hub. Non-private gates are connected to one of those 5 public hubs based on their location on the map relative to their nearest hub. As far as different worlds, we only have the 3: The map you logged into, the Nether (a public gate to there is open next to Old Spawn by the clocktower in RPS Nova) and the "Holiday" or "Vacation" (Brit/Yank ;) ) map that we used (for what, 2-3weeks?) while we waited on a particular update some months ago and haven't used since. I just logged in briefly just to make sure the gates at Spawn were working properly and to make sure the map was as it should be. They were and it is, so you should be good to go for sightseeing.

Gerbster
01-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Bah, I still have no time for MC, and I am missing it sorely. So umm... hello everyone :)

El Stevo
01-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, I just joined up to the steam group and logged into the server.

Is the default world the actual survival world? I logged in and find myself in the "New Spawn" area, but there does not seem to be a way out. The portals do not work, and all exits are blocked. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
What's your name in game?

JPicasso
02-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Holy cow you guys. I'm not sure I can do justice to this server with my paltry dirt hut building skills. Everything I saw was pretty damn fantastic. Very nice.

How do I become an "active" participant? I was only able to run around and look at things. almost got trapped a couple times, b/c I couldn't open doors. thx.

MC login is JPicasso

Thanks

DRoseDARs
02-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Give it a shot. Our whitelisting thingy has been acting a little wonky of late, so hopefully I just succeeded. Either way, welcome to the server. :)

rustyshakelford2
03-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Looks like notch is moving on to other projects and Jens is now the primary minecraft developer. This could be quite interesting.

blog post (http://notch.tumblr.com/post/13633493969/och-med-dom-orden-sa-passar-jag-micken)

DRoseDARs
03-12-2011, 08:15 AM
And Jeb_ thinks the API won't be ready until... March. Well, at least *he* recognizes the importance and has stated himself that it's his priority now.

Xerian
03-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, Jeb has more or less held the reigns unofficially for abit, but maybe we'll see stuff getting finished now - Without it being taken out of Terraria or some such (which Notch seems oddly fond of *cough cough*)
On another note; I may or may not be around 6~ days forward from this sunday - Leaving for an internship at a Gaming-oriented college this sunday, gun' be exciting!
Its called GameIT College - And is... Awesome. Heres some info for those of you that're bored enough to read stuff! http://videndjurs.dk/Campus-888.aspx

Jambe
03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Hello!

I'd like to join up! Name is: Jambe

El Stevo
03-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi, Jambe. I've fixed it so you should be able to use portals and look around the server. Get back to us once you've had a look around and I'll whitelist you.

El Stevo
03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm going to look seriously at fixing the permissions problem tomorrow. I recently updated to the latest version of the plugin we currently use, but it doesn't appear to have fixed the problem. As it currently stands newbies get trapped in New Spawn and can't look around the server, and I'm worried they'll disconnect and never come back. In the interim I've temporarily moved spawn to Nova, since we might get an influx of newbies from the plug Jim gave us on RPS today.

Jambe
03-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Well, I finally found some glorious snow-covered pines at 2519,64,2313 only to realize there was a large building overlooking them!

Back to trekking about, I suppose.

Jambe
03-12-2011, 07:38 PM
And whoever's place that is at 3034,64,1589 — that thing is beautiful. Picturesque! I said hello to your hounds when I passed.

Gerbster
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
right that is it i need to get in if only to see where you are talking about. It *might* be in mammalia :)

Jambe
03-12-2011, 08:26 PM
It's not a very big place, but it's really well-designed and fits into the surroundings.

I would like to build at 2990,83,-2188 if that's alright. Nice spot of snowy pines and the whole area looks vacant both from the map and from my quick scout of the area.

vivlo
05-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Hello-ooo,

i would be delighted to join this server. My pseudo in game is, as here, vivlo. Dunno if whitelisting is required just to join without building or anything - i have no experience whatsoever in building online in minecraft - i'ld like to, see, just wander here and there :) Anyway my big point is that i updated my Minecraft without knowing that server was using beta 1.8. Is there any sure and legal way to obtain it, from Mojang per se ? or do i have to feel like an outlaw and force someone outlawing, in sending me a copy of the Minecraft beta 1.8 ?

edit : i might have found it, it appears. I'm just going to figure how to get this parallel Minecraft to work.

edit2 : apparently i didn't, it was the "leaked" 1.8 pre release, not 1.8.1. Doesn't want to log in. Still looking for a kind soul.

Jambe
05-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Hey vivlo, MCNostalgia will create the old build for you using your current .jar file.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/800346-tool-mcnostalgia-201/

Mojang are aware of the MCNostalgia project and don't seem to have any legal issue with it.

RMA
05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I dislike lava that isn't where I put it. I dislike it muchly.

epoc923
05-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey, was just having a look on the server, very nice everything you have on there.

Would love to get added to the whitelist and maybe setup a wee house by the sea.
Game name would be epoc923.

Thanks muchly.

vivlo
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Thank you, Jambe !

Xerian
05-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I totally see that theres already a tad influx of newcomers on here. How lovely! Welcome you lot, hope you enjoy your stay ;)

In other news; GameIT College is sodding awesome. Did some basic programming today, made a computer-alarmclock, funky beep-generator-thing, some other funky cause & effect-stuff-thingies and did some brainstorming for some modding on Unity. So yeah, I'll spend most of the week modding some funky shooter called Angry Bots - Hope all is well on the server, I might have time to drop by tomorrow or the day after! Be well ladies n' gents :].

The JG Man
06-12-2011, 01:36 AM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577810212205136232/2E79659A25A96C03C51B32D6AB44378A21B01C5E/

This was from a fair bit ago. Digging a tunnel under my valley, Gerb refused to believe that I had found tons of coal. So, a little bit late, proof...bitches.

KaemosFZ
06-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Hey all, I'm new to the RPS community and I'm looking for some cool folks to play with. I was looking at the map, I've yet to connect to the server, but the cities visible from the map viewer seem rather advanced compared to most other servers I've played on. I'm hoping this is a good fit for me. I'll see you guys on the server.

EDIT: As I've yet to attempt to connect, I hadn't noticed if there is a whitelist or not. If there is, would one of you fine chaps mind adding me to it?
Many thanks.

El Stevo
07-12-2011, 06:35 PM
EDIT: As I've yet to attempt to connect, I hadn't noticed if there is a whitelist or not. If there is, would one of you fine chaps mind adding me to it?
Many thanks.
I've added "KaemosFZ". Is that your Minecraft name?

Xerian
08-12-2011, 03:20 PM
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577810212205136232/2E79659A25A96C03C51B32D6AB44378A21B01C5E/

This was from a fair bit ago. Digging a tunnel under my valley, Gerb refused to believe that I had found tons of coal. So, a little bit late, proof...bitches.
Thats definitely shopped! Noone would ever be a big enough infidel to not use the 1 = pickaxe, 2 = shovel, 3 = axe, 4 = sword setup. You gotta improve your shopping skills before trying to be one of the kewl dudes! :P
Now, in all seriousness, I do recall that day and conversation x]

KaemosFZ
09-12-2011, 04:05 AM
I've added "KaemosFZ". Is that your Minecraft name? Oh derp. I had forgotten to put my name. It's "KaemosFiveZero" Many thanks.

Comrade Commissar
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Guys, look at what I've found.
This mod is so awesome, we need it!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-100smp-smart-moving/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRd25ZdZZI4&feature=g-all

Xerian
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I saw that one, its cool enough, I guess. Its not something we utterly need though, as much as some other stuff out there ;p
Still, its cool cool.
And I'm home again! So I'll probably be on MC within a day or two :]

KirbyS
13-12-2011, 05:21 AM
http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/1597/promotion/ :))) This is give me hope. Bukkit 1.0.1 Recommended build out! Now it's only a matter of time till we can update ;DDDD But there are still plugins and stuff, and this might not be the right build.... but ya... HOPE! :D

rustyshakelford2
13-12-2011, 07:25 AM
http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/1597/promotion/ :))) This is give me hope. Bukkit 1.0.1 Recommended build out! Now it's only a matter of time till we can update ;DDDD But there are still plugins and stuff, and this might not be the right build.... but ya... HOPE! :D

Bukkit has been running stably with 1.0.1 for a while now, they just took some extra time to fix a few bugs related to the end. A lot of plugin developers got tired of waiting and already have their plugins up to date. Hope indeed.

Xerian
13-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I couldnt care less for 1.0, I dont even like the update xD...
I'm looking forward to updating whenever the gits stop changing the level-generator ;p... And stop ripping off stuff from Terraria, luls

Jambe
13-12-2011, 03:00 PM
1.0 is fine except for the beaches. What happened to the beaches?

El Stevo
13-12-2011, 05:50 PM
I'll probably update the server to 1.01 this weekend now that the recommended build of Bukkit is out, but the map expansion may not happen just yet.

The JG Man
13-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I'll probably update the server to 1.01 this weekend now that the recommended build of Bukkit is out

Yay!

but the map expansion may not happen just yet.

Ahwell!

Xerian
13-12-2011, 10:14 PM
I hope updating is Yay-worthy this time around, gods knows 1.whatsitsname gave us quite alotta trouble :I

RMA
14-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Server seems to be down right now

El Stevo
15-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Sorry about that. They took away SSH from everyone because a few people did naughty things with it. The server must have gone down at that point, and obviously the restart scripts don't work anymore. You can request SSH access on an individual basis, which I've just done.

It's back up now. If it crashes or is running badly let Drose or me know. (Drose, just use the HGS control panel.)

rustyshakelford2
15-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Sorry about that. They took away SSH from everyone because a few people did naughty things with it. The server must have gone down at that point, and obviously the restart scripts don't work anymore. You can request SSH access on an individual basis, which I've just done.

It's back up now. If it crashes or is running badly let Drose or me know. (Drose, just use the HGS control panel.)

Wow. I would change hosts immediately if they took my SSH access like that. Thats no way to treat your customers.