PDA

View Full Version : The (unofficial) RPS Minecraft Server Thread III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Xerian
16-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Me too, I'd totally change host, especially change it to a european one ;>...
Pwease? x]

On a little sidenote; Happy holidays folks! Hope you're enjoying december and all that there stuff that you're supposed to enjoy when you freeze your bum off outside! And... Things.

Jambe
17-12-2011, 12:41 AM
especially change it to a european one

I... disagree!

Gerbster
17-12-2011, 02:10 AM
God I miss our little community... Hope you are all keeping well in this season of ignoring how crappy the world is :)

rustyshakelford2
17-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I... disagree!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev1Vsnf6LGs\

Jambe
18-12-2011, 05:29 AM
I say, Carruthers; do you know what's very, very funny? A man dressed in women's clothing.

Xerian
20-12-2011, 07:30 PM
God I miss our little community... Hope you are all keeping well in this season of ignoring how crappy the world is :)
Ah well then, get your bum onto MC soon! Aint seen you fooooor aaaageeees :'[

JPicasso
22-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Hey, I've updated my client a while back to version 1.0. Is the plan still to update the RPS server to 1.0? I keep getting an outdated server message when I try and log in. I only just began playing on your servers when I jumped on the update. Curious about what your plans were.

Thanks.

I'm talking about the survival server, not sure if you make a distinction between the two, or if you could run them at different versions.

DRoseDARs
23-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey, I've updated my client a while back to version 1.0. Is the plan still to update the RPS server to 1.0?

Yes. Elt is keeping an eye on the recommended build of Bukkit.

I keep getting an outdated server message when I try and log in. I only just began playing on your servers when I jumped on the update. Curious about what your plans were.

Thanks.

I'm talking about the survival server, not sure if you make a distinction between the two, or if you could run them at different versions.

We run only the one server, uRPS. It's running on b1.8.1 and then will be running on mc1.x based on the recommended stable build of Bukkit Elt chooses to utilize. You can use the tool MCNostalgia to downgrade your client, though I think a clean copy of the b1.8.1 .jar file was provided a few pages back too.

Gerbster
24-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Ah well then, get your bum onto MC soon! Aint seen you fooooor aaaageeees :'[Popped on tonight, and started some small random beach front properties in Shrewbil, because, well, why not?
I do miss the game, and hopefully now my mad overworking month has almost come to an end, I can organise my time better and actually allow myself some fun time on MC.

What no christmas decorations in RPS Nova???

Xerian
24-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Popped on tonight, and started some small random beach front properties in Shrewbil, because, well, why not?
I do miss the game, and hopefully now my mad overworking month has almost come to an end, I can organise my time better and actually allow myself some fun time on MC.

What no christmas decorations in RPS Nova???
I'm not in much of a christmas mood this year, nor was I last year... Sooo, I aint doin' no christmassy stuff ;p
And well, people havent been all that active as of late, those damned... People! They're so people-y..
And uhm, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
(And to the clever-ish folks: Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr!)
So yeah, have a good one folks, hope you get some lovely gifts and that kind o' stuff ;)

The JG Man
24-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Merry Christmas fellow Minecraftians of server uRPS! I hope you are all having a lovely time :)

DRoseDARs
24-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Huh, I just got secret santa'd. Gifted Bastion on Steam. Thank you Secret uRPS Santa. If you guys can spare some change, be a secret santa too! :)

JellyfishGreen
25-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Merry Christmas, mein Crafters! I've been offline - moved to Minecraft 1.0, and also to Canada, but hopefully will see you online again in the new year.

Gerbster
25-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Merry Christmas one and all! Missing you all dearly...

KirbyS
26-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Merry Christmas all of you. I went on the server yesterday and was hit by a wave of nostalgia :) Ill be frequenting again really soon :) Hope you are all safe and had an amazing christmas

terile
26-12-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi all - is there a whitelist to be allowed to log onto the server ? Because I keep getting timeouts.
Sorry if this is a bit of a n00b question, but I couldn't find anything about it earlier in this thread.
Oh, and merry xmas to all :)
*wave*
terile.

Mollusc Infestation
26-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Gawd bless us! Every one!

Gerbster
27-12-2011, 07:05 AM
OK so as promised, here is what I am munching on right now, so "(&%/&"* you Kirby :)
And here is Kirby all alone in his new house, dying of starvation...

KirbyS
27-12-2011, 07:11 AM
OK so as promised, here is what I am munching on right now, so "(&%/&"* you Kirby :)
And here is Kirby all alone in his new house, dying of starvation...
#$)&#@)*(^%@)(*)!@&*(#!&@()*&$!()&%%$#(*$ &#@&$#@*&$)*#@& IM NOT JEALOUS! IVE JUST COME DOWN WITH A !@#*(!@)*(&%$#&$*(&) TEMPORARY !@#*!(&$)(*& CASE OF !@#)(!@# TOURETTES !@#*_()*#_)($ WHICH MAKES ME SEEM @#$*&@#* JEALOUS.
And I look weird.... im gonna change my skin back xD

Gerbster
27-12-2011, 08:21 AM
There is free cake on tables at spawn for everyone to celebrate christmas!

Comrade Commissar
27-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Christmas is over, dude... christmas is over... ;)

TwinklinPixi3
27-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Thank you to my Secret Santa for my game xxx much appreciated, and I know who you are xxx

Phydaux
27-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi all - is there a whitelist to be allowed to log onto the server ? Because I keep getting timeouts.
Sorry if this is a bit of a n00b question, but I couldn't find anything about it earlier in this thread.
Oh, and merry xmas to all :)
*wave*
terile.
Hi terile,

Make sure you've read the first post in the first page of this thread, it gives the details of the version of minecraft needed to log on. You should be able to connect if the server is up and running and you have the correct version of minecraft. You won't have any build rights, but you will be able to chat and look around. :)

--

Also, Skyrim has stolen me away from all other games since November, I'll be back on the server soon. :)

Xerian
27-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Ah yes. Skyrim has robbed me of just about all my freetime aswell. I'm hoping I'll be active again soon ;)...
And meh, screw you Weed. We can still be in a holiday mood! I for one finally hit the christmassy-mood yesterday :I
Sooo... Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr! (Did I say it right, Weed? ;p)

EDIT: It could be quite cool if we did some kind of secret-santa thing next year, if we're still around by then :]... (Which I assume we will be, cause we're just that cool.) Ofcourse, only if enough people were up for it :P...
Yay or Nay?

Gerbster
27-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Shrewbil tourist agency would like to announce that a new high class residential area (Beach-grove Bay) has opened up, with stunning views of the lighthouse, Jousting arena and prison.

4 houses are complete with 2 in progress.

So far Drose, TwinklinPixie and Kirby have snapped up 3 of the 4 finished ones, while the date for completion of the remaining 2 stands at 2 days.

If you are interested in having a residence in the poshest part of the poshest town of the best continent in the server, let us know and we can arrange for a tour!

RMA
27-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Server has been a bit lonely at points. People need to come back ;)

Wouldn't mind a tour Gerb. When you on?

Gerbster
28-12-2011, 01:52 AM
Am on now :)

Gerbster
28-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Beech-grove Bay continues to expand!
All 6 houses are completed, and Rusty had a custom design!
We are in the process of securing the area from nefarious mobs, commoners and other such undesirables, as well as improving the infrastructure.
There are now 3 completed houses remaining for discerning Nobility.

Don't miss this opportunity!

BTW what is the file size limit on uploaded images, because this is tiny and poo quality!

terile
28-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the reply, Phydaux - I had read the first post, and am using beta1.8.1.
I've managed to connect to other (lesser) servers, but when I try yours I get the error:
Internal Exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
So is that a network issue at my end ?

(incedentally, if you try to connect with version 1.0.0 it will complain about the client being the wrong version).

Regards,
Terile

Xerian
28-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Beech-grove Bay continues to expand!
All 6 houses are completed, and Rusty had a custom design!
We are in the process of securing the area from nefarious mobs, commoners and other such undesirables, as well as improving the infrastructure.
There are now 3 completed houses remaining for discerning Nobility.

Don't miss this opportunity!

BTW what is the file size limit on uploaded images, because this is tiny and poo quality!
Gimme one already! :>

Gerbster
28-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Get on and claim it Xer!

Comrade Commissar
28-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Xerian? I intend to get back to playing Minecraft after I return from my father's, could you please move the tower that is blocking the road in Scotland? Remember that you promised me this some time ago!

Gerbster
29-12-2011, 08:32 AM
BTW can anyone confirm or deny if v1 of MC gets rid of that crappy lighting bug on the paintings?
I spent some time today wandering around my old places fixing chest directions, but couldn't bring myself to tweak the paintings, in the vague hope it would get fixed instead…

rustyshakelford2
30-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I told Gerbster that I would update the map soon, but I completely forgot that I would be traveling this week and only have 3g. Expect a new map sometime next weekend. I'll check out the painting lighting since i'll have to download the map anyway.

Gerbster
30-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Cheers Rusty, there is no real rush, it'll give us more time to finish that new area :D

Comrade Commissar
30-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I want to announce my love to Xerian for gifting me Fallout New Vegas on Steam as a Christmas gift and thus battling the incredibly dumb censoring law in Germany. Eat this, German government! Do you see me shooting off that guy's arm? DO YOU SEE ME? BLOOD! OH YES!

Danny252
30-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Okay, I'll finally get off my arse and ask to get whitelisted, after occasionally popping on and subsequently falling off very tall things (or getting lost in the slime farm... very lost...). It's nice to have finally found a server where the daily activities aren't just "burn it all! kill everything!" - so any chance you guys will be so kind as to let me build my own very tall things to fall off?

Gerbster
31-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Danny, things are a bit odd still I believe on the whitelisting front - lately only the admins have been able to do it :(
Is your MC name the same as your username here? I can give it a try although I can't promise success, what with the state of some of the updated plugins :(

Danny252
31-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey Danny, things are a bit odd still I believe on the whitelisting front - lately only the admins have been able to do it :(
Is your MC name the same as your username here? I can give it a try although I can't promise success, what with the state of some of the updated plugins :(

Yes, it's the same.

And if it doesn't work, surely you just need to turn the redstone off and on again?

DRoseDARs
31-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, we've been having to manually edit the relevant file in order to whitelist people. Elt's been having trouble figuring out why it's misbehaving. I've added Danny252; hopefully you'll be able to get on just fine now. Welcome to the server.

On aside, supposedly the API might be coming next month rather than March so that could mean updates for mods, plugins, and servers will be much easier. It should have been a priority last summer rather than those asinine villages and incomplete NPC AIs, but what what do I know?

Edit: Also: Saltines and 7-Up. Yay being sick! Working last night was fun, what with running a fever AND the gym feeling like a humid blast furnace. :/

KirbyS
31-12-2011, 11:45 PM
http://imgur.com/a/izmpe I SWEAR, ITS NOT MY FAULT. RPS nova appears to have been attacked by snowy weather. Thus, the spawn fountains have overflowed

Danny252
01-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Whilst I have successfully got on and am whitelisted, the server commands are not happy with me. Most things just throw back "An internal error occurred...", whilst /help sends back a slightly less alarming "/help <page>". Portals also seem to be dead. KirbyS didn't seem to be having any issues, so I'm somewhat at a loss?

(Edit: Magic plugin poking tricks fixed it :))

DRoseDARs
01-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Ok, Danny's all set up. I force-reloaded the plugin so it'd recognize the change. Fountain is fixed, and I went around doing some snow/ice clearing. Ice blocks turn to water, you just need to break them. It needed to snow *somewhere* in North America (we got cheated this winter) so might as well have happened on the server. ;)

KirbyS
01-01-2012, 03:09 AM
KirbyS didn't seem to be having any issues
Danny, call me Kirby ;) And no its not after the game, its after my last name lol
And welcome to the server

Gerbster
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Happy new year everyone :)

TwinklinPixi3
01-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah Happy New Year uRPSers!

DarkTAO
02-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Can anyone tell me what the server info is again? I can't for the life of me remember the address and port.
I guess I need to get 1.8.1 to play still as it's not on 1.0?

DRoseDARs
02-01-2012, 07:38 AM
First post of thread, second link in post :P

---uRPS Address (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x4Lw6ZIsqGUgTKqy6Dmis7QUYpPcpb5Nq5Dtl_Qu8FI/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLf63bkI)---
(Note: The address to the server is IN THE DOCUMENT the link above this sentence links to, not the link itself.)

Gerbster
02-01-2012, 11:04 PM
Beech-grove Bay is now full! Should demand arise, we can open a new development plot close-by.
Our thanks to Kirby, Xerian, Twinklinpixie, drose (get building!), rusty and Richma (I forgot to put in a basement there so just did it).

I would like to remind everyone that their build rights extend only as far as the ground immediately surrounding their houses (innocently eyes up Kirby) so to facilitate travel I have built a small dock in Shrewbil just to the left of the main portal - stocked with boats.

Danny252
03-01-2012, 01:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Qw2hj.png

So, wait, does this mean I don't need to irrigate my level 12 farm?

On a more serious note, how do you deal with spawners in 1.8.1/MP? I'm used to the solution being "throw torches all over it", but that doesn't seem to work, as evidenced by the constant "nrrgh"ing coming from my walls.

Gerbster
03-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Not sure why the rain bug happens, I only noticed it start lately. But it is just that, a bug, and only a visual one.
I think you can fix it by logging out and in again.

The mob noises from behind walls just means there are holes somewhere nearby.
Bear in mind I don't think the noises fade much vertically, so it is entirely possible you are hearing them wandering around near bedrock level. It just ensures you have sweet dreams :)

RMA
03-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Cheers for the basement Gerb. I thought it could do with one. Can't actually log on as I've left my travel mouse at home and playing with a trackpad is annoying. Especially when the trackpad is broken.

Danny252
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Not sure why the rain bug happens, I only noticed it start lately.

It seemed persistent, and I've had it persistently in one location in SP too, so I suspect it's somehow related to buggy chunks.

The mob noises from behind walls just means there are holes somewhere nearby.

No, I have a spawner just the other side of one of my walls :) The surrounding caves are lit up to stupid levels, but it seems the spawner is still spawner-ing despite having torches on all faces.

Edit: Turns out that a) whoever originally found that cave and torched it up needs lessons on "you need more than one torch per 20 blocks" and b) spawners are apparently destructible, I'm sure they were indestructible once?

Xerian
04-01-2012, 08:44 AM
We use a plugin that allows us / you to destroy them with a pickaxe and pick them up :]
And something I've noticed regarding the rain-bug, it always seem to happend for me if I logon while its raining - Then it'll rain right through whichever roof I was under when I logged on (everything from the roof of a house to one of my underground mining-tunnels)

RMA
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I have a number of spawners gathering dust. I should use them for something....

Xerian
04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Like a mob-grinder ;>... Thats what I used mine for, anyway. (A very, VERY inefficient one though... Sadface.)

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Hello, I'd like to be whitelisted.
I read the post on the RPS-website and just downgraded to 1.8.1.

Ingame name is:
Hammelbamf

Similar
07-01-2012, 12:13 AM
And something I've noticed regarding the rain-bug, it always seem to happend for me if I logon while its raining - Then it'll rain right through whichever roof I was under when I logged on (everything from the roof of a house to one of my underground mining-tunnels)
We had something like that, though maybe not quite as bad, with 1.8 on a server I play on that has a world going back to early 2011. The glitch seems gone in 1.0, so it might get fixed when you update.

Comrade Commissar
07-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Because some people asked:

Nations at War 1.0 (modified by me):
http://www.mediafire.com/?5aoq69ys5a6p53y

And the mandatory HD patcher 1.0:
cloud.github.com/downloads/pclewis/mcpatcher/mcpatcher-2.1.0_02.exe

Xerian
07-01-2012, 01:14 AM
I'd just like to take a moment and say welcome to the newcomers and visitors we got after the mainsite post! Welcome you lot, hope you enjoy your stay :) - And if any help is required, all you have to do is ask someone online or post here in the thread. Cheers :)

vivlo
07-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Thanks ! :)

DRoseDARs
07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
OK, Hammelbamf has been added; should be able to interact with the server now. Whitelist has been a little wonky, so post again if you have trouble. :)

The JG Man
07-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Because some people asked:

Have I ever told you I love you?

I mean I don't, but I do think you're cool!

:)

Any provisional date when we'll be upgrading to 1.0?

El Stevo
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Upgrade to 1.0 today. Those of you who have me on your Steam friends lists have permission to shout at me if you see me playing Skyrim.

Danny252
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
The glitch seems gone in 1.0, so it might get fixed when you update.

Possibly in MP, the world I get it appearing in for SP was newly generated for 1.0 though!

Robert Swan
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Upgrade to 1.0 today. Those of you who have me on your Steam friends lists have permission to shout at me if you see me playing Skyrim.

YAY Finally up to 1.0 life gets easier now! Btw everyone:

1) Happy Gnu Year
2) Sorry for not playing MC so much... mostly I've been watching girlfriend play skyrim and relaxing.
3) I has a demo out in a week I'd love you to test of me game. At the moment its still mostly a creative mode version of MC. You can also load and edit MC levels. I'll run a test server using the latest version of the uRPS2 map so you can blow it up :)

Comrade Commissar
07-01-2012, 12:34 PM
If you guys update to 1.0, you'll need a newer version of the HD patcher to get the texture pack I linked to working.
I provided you with an outdated verison, sorry.

Here is the newest:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t1xdrctmb5rubwu

The JG Man
07-01-2012, 12:37 PM
One point zero today. TODAY?! OF ALL DAYS?!

I will be there at the risk of otherwise being some sort of geometric shape.

KirbyS
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes! Oh god yes! I am ecstatic! Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss! 1.0000000000000000000

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I've built my first housing and I'm looking forward to 1.0...

Gerbster
07-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I wonder why we get the extra praise? Probably because apart from Xerian, we don't hate on anyone here :D
Welcome to whoever joins or is perusing, it is worth mentioning again that our latest (albeit fairly old) map can be seen here:

http://www.raycore.org/rpsmap/web/#

The main town (RPS Nova) is just south east of where the map starts, and the map is 8km wide and deep, so feel free to peruse, as there are plenty of hidden gems, but still also plenty of un-claimed areas!

Damn I love maps! I dread to think how many hours I've spent scouring it for interesting features!

Gerbster
07-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I just got kicked from the server in a hail of multicoloured sheep, so I imagine that Elt is in doing his magic as we speak!
And hello to Ham - how has already set himself up building away and will almost certainly prove to be a valuable contribution to our world (in particular just east of the north hub if people wish to visit!).

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Now I'm afraid of sheep...

The JG Man
07-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Sheep aint' got nothin' on the mighty ducken.

Getting connection issues with the server. I'm guessing it's not yet been upgraded then or?

Gerbster
07-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I did warn him about the fearsome ninja ducken on the server, but apparently it is a lesson one can only learn from personal experience...

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Drinking from my N7-mug I ain't afraid of no duckens... yet.

Xerian
07-01-2012, 07:19 PM
N7-mug? Awesome. Fracking awesome.
And damnit, I knew we should've brought along some Pirate-Bunnies to fight those damned Ninja-Duckens...
We're all doomed.

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Also I appear to have killed some glitched wolf near spawn.

Comrade Commissar
07-01-2012, 07:56 PM
He is the slayer of the wolf god!
He managed to kill that immortal and unmovable wolf at the market place.

Gerbster
07-01-2012, 08:16 PM
That warrants a statue at least. But he sure as hell isn't coming anywhere near my kennels :)

DRoseDARs
07-01-2012, 09:19 PM
http://youtu.be/wlwnbcxBuzI?hd=1

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Aye!! Shiver me timbers!!

Gerbster
07-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Drose stop posting and get into MC, you have a house to decorate. And not with those melons that are all over the place, courtesy of your neighbour :)

TwinklinPixi3
07-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I can't get on to the server :(

vivlo
07-01-2012, 10:44 PM
same problem :( i thought it was because hadn't patched to 1.0, but no. :'(

Ham Solo
07-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Update not through yet?

DRoseDARs
07-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Would like to, but...

"Can't reach server"

I've tried both my b181 and my mc100 jars. :-/

The JG Man
08-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I can't take any more of BF3. I need this server to be up so I can rest in the tranquil grounds of Creeping Pines.

Ham Solo
08-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I can't take any more of BF3. I need this server to be up so I can rest in the tranquil grounds of Creeping Pines.

Dito, enough with the skyrim, bf3, css, dods and qube of this world.

DRoseDARs
08-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Server is back up for the moment, but is still at b181. I believe Elt's gone to bed by now; I'm guessing the update wasn't going smoothly. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was. :-/

TwinklinPixi3
08-01-2012, 01:37 PM
looks like server is down again, I guess Elt is working his magic on it atm :)

Comrade Commissar
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
It's up and running. Updated to 1.0. Wohoo!

The JG Man
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Verified. ALL GLORY TO THE ADMINS!

The JG Man
08-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Does anyone have a good image hosting site to recommend? I have 11 pics I wanna show off. As Steam's overlay didn't want to work, I had to take them through Minecraft so I can't add them to Steam.

Some important notes:
South Hub 2 has the new destination of JG's Demise, the newly discovered Nether Fortress discovered by myself and Phydaux, after a good long while exploring the new locales within the Nether. The portal is in a safe location, however you should note that the new enemy type, Blazes, can spawn in corridors randomly. In addition, if you take the right exit from the portal room, you will shortly get to a Blaze spawner at the top of a tower. They are very powerful in groups. Please do not destroy this, or any other spawners, you find in the fortress. They are there for public exploitation of blaze rods.

The portal itself now also acts as a new entrance into the nether. It's obviously not incredibly well explored, so you may come across other notable locations. Fortresses can be located by their netherbrick design, but it does blend in quite well, however if the fortresses are alike in size, eyeing one up shouldn't be overly hard. They are incredibly massive.

TwinklinPixi3
08-01-2012, 09:44 PM
I like photobucket :)

Comrade Commissar
08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
tinypic.com works very well for that purpose, JG.

Comrade Commissar
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I persuaded the unofficial Rock Paper Shotgun Mumble server Admin (not the admin, but the server is unofficial) into creating a subchannel exclusive to uRPS Minecraft people. We have one main channel and two sub channels.

The server details can be found on this page: http://www.herosquad.org/mumble/
Along with how to properly set up push-to-talk, which I highly recommend.

KirbyS
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/120261-v100-glsl-shaders-dof-bump-mapping-waving-wheat-dynamic-shadows-and-more/
Weed, this is what i was telling you about

El Stevo
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I have ninja whitelisted Solrax. (Was watching from the console.)

Solrax
09-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I have ninja whitelisted Solrax. (Was watching from the console.)

Thanks again sir! I'm happy to be joining this community. Perhaps someday you will say "Wow!" when you see something I've made. The way I did all afternoon looking at what you all have built!

Solrax

The JG Man
09-01-2012, 02:31 AM
SO! The spawner by the portal was destroyed by something or someone. I went exploring and found another one and promptly died, was unable to retrace and gave up. So, other than losing a crap load of expensive stuff, there's also another spawner, so huzzah for that...

Comrade Commissar
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I wonder if you can place Blaze spawners in the normal world...

Xerian
09-01-2012, 01:54 PM
SO! The spawner by the portal was destroyed by something or someone. I went exploring and found another one and promptly died, was unable to retrace and gave up. So, other than losing a crap load of expensive stuff, there's also another spawner, so huzzah for that...
Yeah, I removed it yesterday when I was trying to get hold of some bricks and fences, and kept getting attacked again and again, and I forgot to place it down again before logging off... Sorry >_<
So I got you killed and made you lose some stuff... Damnit. Sorry mate ._.'

Gerbster
09-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah um Xerian… don't do that again in the future. Replace it and leave it please.
If you can't get what you want without dying then just well, don't go there :)

Xerian
09-01-2012, 06:03 PM
How was I to know the plugins broken? ~_~'
-Theres a reason I utterly hate updating... lol
And Elts fixed it now... Although damnit, all the spawners I had lying around are pig-spawners now ._.

The JG Man
09-01-2012, 09:59 PM
For the record, Xerian's apology is pointless. I'm too keen an adventurer anyhow, so I'd have died regardless. I should've minimised the stuff I had on me, but, well, that's Minecraft for you! At some point, I'll try and take a load of signs into the Nether and point the way to the other spawner...if I can find it.

Tidbit about blaze rods; they last for '12 uses', making them the most efficient source of energy in the game for smelting, unless you are happy to dig up lava.

selkcip
10-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Hey, so, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but Gerbster on ther server said that I needed to ask to be white-listed in order to build on the server and that I should post here (or somewhere on the forums) for an admin to take pity on me and make me so.
If not feel free to beat me with a herring.
Thanks.

DRoseDARs
10-01-2012, 02:10 AM
What be thy Minecraft name, selkcip?

RMA
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Just logged on, discovered the biomes are changed of course (massive snow biome north of my base). Will we be getting the /rep function back, and when is the map expanding?

Comrade Commissar
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I believe it's not a snow biome that you saw, but Elt's magic.
He made it snow in RPS Nova.

Also I'd really like the repair plugin back, too.

Gerbster
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Also fix the sun direction. South to north? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOTCH STOP TINKERING WITH SHIT!
Seriously, such a simple change but it has ruined so many views people set up specifically.
Also - new fences suck.
So now I have to go wandering around around Mammalia yet again, to fix random changes that now look shite :(
Also guys be on the lookout for fires that died and may have caused a small amount of fire damage. Dunno what happened, and it shouldn't be more than a missing block or two, but…
Also, Endermen! Although Drose says Elt nerfed their block moving abilities, so try not to panic.

BTW the swamp biomes suck, particularly on built stuff. I will again be taking a wander around Mammalia to see if anywhere got hit by it (only seen it in Valhalla so far).
I don't get it. They have the colour changing code for grass and leaves already in that blends between colours, yet for swamps they go for this hideous harsh edged shite? What kind of crazy fuck twat does that? Really really REALLY awful, it is probably the worst looking thing I have seen in MC since flat lighting.

RMA
10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
There's a swamp biome cutting right across my base, although it's only really visible when up high and you can see the water change colour sharply.

The snow biome was far north. Good chunk of the northern section of the map. Lots of water turning to ice as I explored

Xerian
10-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Actually Weed, that isnt elts magic. The biomes have quite literally changed. Dunno if Nova was his magic, but unless he changed the whole server... ;p
And yeah. The fact that he MOVED THE BLOODY SUN AND MOON!? is absurd, retarded and annoying. I myself have 3+ places made with terraces specifically for the view... Its just bull. 1.0 really does prove Notch's absurdity and incompetence, no self-respecting, none-lazy indie dev' would call Minecraft a finished game at this stage. Sigh, I'll go cry in a corner.
And you know, I do like the fence change for -some- things... The silly git just should've made you able to choose, having to craft the new ones differently, etc.
Right, to the corner I gooo! :'(

selkcip
10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
What be thy Minecraft name, selkcip?

Selkcip, good sir.

TwinklinPixi3
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
For you Anchorman fans out there - this is a must!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBYg_EjkNR0

Gerbster
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Selkcip, good sir.Didn't see that one coming eh?

And RMA you have my sympathies. Every time there is a change to the biome code I live in fear my desert town will end up white christmas land.

Gerbster
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
BTW Blazes tend to alternate between being crap and deadly.
We also noticed that we lost a lot of their drops due to ground plummetage.
We will try to come up with a better way of controlling the things and trapping them etc to make sure they aren't as deadly as they otherwise might be.

The JG Man
10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
The main spawner is too open. Attacks from Blazes en masse as well as Ghasts make them a pain, to say the least. I think we need to extend that area. I have no clue how, without being under constant barrage. You'd need at least two people; one to build, one to defend.

Anyhow, the main netherwart farm is available on the bottom floor of the main part of the fortress. If you go to the end of the corridor, it's there. They take some time to grow, but there should be 114 available so that should help. In the mean time, over the last few days I've lost hundreds of glow dust and a variety of other items. So, just be careful out there folks.

One, final, comment. Lava seems to be survivable. If you have full energy, the effect only seems to last for a few hearts, so long as you're able to get out of the lava. Worth noting, I guess.

Comrade Commissar
10-01-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

;)

El Stevo
11-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Selkcip is whitelisted.

DRoseDARs
11-01-2012, 02:07 AM
For the record it wasn't Elt (he wasn't on at the time) that made the snow in RPS Nova but a snow dragon, Bisquack's fire dragon's cousin. I cleared it up though there may be some goofs in places. I'm going around town fixing as I find them.

selkcip
11-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Selkcip is whitelisted.

Thank you very much.

Xerian
11-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Holy sheet you guys! Holy shit on sheets! ITS ALIIIVEEE!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2649-STALKER-2-Continued-development-ITS-ALIIIIVEEEE-*Insert-Evil-Grin*&p=79042#post79042
STALKER... ITS... ALIIIIVEEEEE!
(I'll go back to my corner now. Gudbye.)

Comrade Commissar
11-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Hey wow, you sure are up to date.

DRoseDARs
12-01-2012, 04:02 AM
OK, with regards to Notch "fixing" the rising and setting of the sun and moon there is a client-side mod that rotates them back to their original orientation. I've not tested this mod myself, so you're on your own if you want to try it. As always, remember to have a backup copy of the minecraft.jar you're using before adding any kind of mod.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/789464-100-sun-moon-rise-from-their-original-direction-mod/

I'm going to see how viable an option it is to just rotate the map in MCEdit in order to bring it inline with the "corrected" orientation. My desktop is pretty beefy, but the map is pretty huge. I hope it works, as that would save us the bother of messing with additional Bukkit plugins for the server or mods client-side. If it does work out, then we would likely do it over a weekend. Don't ask me when as I don't know if we even can do it; downloading the current backup now to test.

As for the expanding of the map to give us access to the more recent biome generation coding and the things that go with that, I would like to solve this issue before any such effort is made. This is one of the more asinine things done to the game and I don't want it to interfere more than it already has. I want my damn sunrise and sunset view back and I know many of you have similar designs/projects that are sideways now. And Notch, seriously, if you were that damned worried about "fixing" how the sky rotated then fix the clouds too: They travel west-to-east, opposite of the sun/moon irl.

Edit: *grumble grumble*
OK, so this isn't going to work how I'd hoped. The last stable build was for b181, though he has been putting out "unstable" builds while he works on updating MCEdit to mc100. I loaded the map, selected all the things (well except the stuff that apparently exists well outside of the normal map) and ... couldn't figure out how to rotate the selection. I know there's the option, it's documented and referred to, I've seen pictures of the button for it ... and nothing. Can't find it. Someone else was attempting the same thing (rotating a server map to "unfix" rise/set) and what I found galling was more than one person questioned why anyone would want to do that. I didn't think it possible to find something more annoying than someone getting on their high horse about other people cheating ... in their SINGLE PLAYER GAMES. Singleplayer /= multiplayer, sod off. So yeah I found their attitudes about this rotation effort to be more annoying than that. I mean really, you gonna get snotty with someone wanting to rotate their map because they didn't like rise/set being changed? Same thing with the client-side mod I mentioned earlier up this post, people being snotty because Notch "fixes" are sacrosanct or something. -_-'

Anyway, I guess I'll have a look at the client-side mod, see if it'll play nice with ones I already have going (ModLoader, OptiFine, Matmos... so one base one graphical one sound) until maybe something else can be figured out.

Edit x2: Crap, it modifies 2 files already modified by OptiFine.

Gerbster
12-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Yeah funny how people are still into the cult of personality on Notch.
The guy done good in general with the game, but really, when was the last time he actually owned up to a mistake? That was what… more mobs at lower levels? The last thing I recall they 'reverted' was the fog at lower levels (drose told me 1.0 has the option to disable it although I never saw it?'

Oh well!
It really is quite impressive how much such a simple change like the sun affects us and errr, since when did the sun actually rise in the south and set in the north? Exactly which bug was he fixing again? Oh well, this is one time I will consider a client-side mod because it really really is a pisser, although that doesn't help others new to the server to see our various wonders as we intended. I am past the ranting stage with MC 'improvements' simply because I'm so tired of it and it never really achieves anything.

On the other hand, twas fun to mess around in the nether with a few of you the other day :)

Xerian
12-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey wow, you sure are up to date.
Why do I detect sarcasm? D:

rustyshakelford2
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I updated the map yesterday and completely forgot to post.
http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

Also, the portal from spawn to the market is acting up. I get stuck in an unloaded chunk, but relogging fixes it.

Xerian
12-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I updated the map yesterday and completely forgot to post.
http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web

Also, the portal from spawn to the market is acting up. I get stuck in an unloaded chunk, but relogging fixes it.
Awesome! Mucho gracias! And I've had a tiny bit of difficulties with portals since updating, but I guess it could be worse. My portal to Vallero hasnt broken yet, which it did alot before x].

Gerbster
12-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I heart rusty

Xerian
12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I heart rusty We all do. ;)

The JG Man
12-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Considering a bit more exploration has been done of the Nether, would it be worth trying to get a map of that? It shouldn't be anywhere near as big as the overworld, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be as too bad to get an image of it.

El Stevo
12-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm going to see how viable an option it is to just rotate the map in MCEdit in order to bring it inline with the "corrected" orientation.
Rotating the map would break things like portals, chest protection and shops. Fixable, but it would take more work.

Comrade Commissar
12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
1.1 is out and adds bow enchantments and sheep eating grass to regain their wool.

KirbyS
12-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Of course 1.1 comes out mere days after the server gets updated.....

The JG Man
12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Bow Enchantments- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
Plus many bug fixes!

Man, I just can't wait for the golden apple recipe...

Also, I can't help but think that the ladder collision means what I think it means and that, if people were using it to stop water, that could be very, very bad. I'm in no rush for 1.1.

KirbyS
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Also, I can't help but think that the ladder collision means what I think it means and that, if people were using it to stop water, that could be very, very bad. I'm in no rush for 1.1.

Water and lava are still blocked by ladders. Its just the player that has no collision with the ladder.

Gerbster
12-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Now if he was clever, he'd have removed ladder collision from every side except for the top, so walking along them still works.
Once again, an update comes out and it is completely underwhelming!

rustyshakelford2
12-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Considering a bit more exploration has been done of the Nether, would it be worth trying to get a map of that? It shouldn't be anywhere near as big as the overworld, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be as too bad to get an image of it.

I just forgot to upload the nether map, doing it now. Looks like bukkit already has a working build, none of the 1.1 changes really broke anything.

Ham Solo
13-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I just made some screens of my current housing.

Xerian
13-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I just made some screens of my current housing.
I wouldnt say its ugly as shit... You should've seen my first build when I joined the server. It was, and still is, horrible. Utterly horrible and shameful. I do like the look on the outside, just some more block variations, abit of details and it'd be rather ace.
Also; I heart rusty even more now that I've had a look at several of my projects on the newest map (and comparing it to a really old map) :>
Oh, and nice file-name, Ham ;p

Ham Solo
13-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Meanwhile I made a new bedroom, still the kitchen, books and outside looks to polish. But I'm making progress.

EDIT:
So... bedroom fixed and living room has moar wood.

Gerbster
13-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Looking good :)
If you need tons of reeds I can show you a few farms on the server.

JellyfishGreen
15-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Gerbster! I've been off for months and just got back on yesterday. First thing I see is your "Magnificent Bridge". :D I'm blown away, man.

DRoseDARs
15-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Hey Elt, except for putting in some paintings downstairs I've finished mi maisonette. Only took 3-4 months. ;)

Next up, working more on my place in Mammalia. Totally avoiding my first home; not looking forward to doing something with the gapping hole that *was* my beloved water ladder. :(

Xerian
15-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Gerbster! I've been off for months and just got back on yesterday. First thing I see is your "Magnificent Bridge". :D I'm blown away, man.
You're... YOU'RE BACK!? EVERYONE! REJOYCE! The coolest fish is baaaaack!
WOOOO!...
Welcome back. :P

RMA
15-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Since our bestest plugin is broken (repair), I pestered Elt, and he suggested I post plugin suggestions in the thread. As should everyone else.

First: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-fix-expminer-gain-experience-in-mining-1597.49883/

Nice and simple, would mean my mining is very useful for expereince...

Second: http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

Way more complicated, but adds some very nice features

Plenty of plugins on bukkit, suggestions and thoughts?

Phydaux
15-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Since our bestest plugin is broken (repair)FWIW Repair (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Item_Repair) is part of Minecraft as standard now.

El Stevo
15-01-2012, 06:33 PM
FWIW Repair (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Item_Repair) is part of Minecraft as standard now.
It is but it's crap.

I installed the old version of the repair plugin to see if it still works, and it does seem to. I don't think it gives you a warning when tools are about to break, though. I also added the old versions of the economy and shop plugins.

In other news, the melon farm in Nova is now also home to a pumpkin patch, and there are some vines you can harvest on the immediate right as you leave the market.

Gerbster
15-01-2012, 07:00 PM
hey jelly welcome back from the land where my shift keys dont work.
glad you like it, i wanted to do your ship justice, and it is high enough so you can sail it underneath, didnt want to trap you there11111
ok writing without punctuation and capitals is depressing, but hope you stick around and build some more.

Gerbster
16-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Oh bugger me I just read up on repair. For some reason I thought that no matter what state the two items were in, you ended up with a completely new one. Well that really is crap. All you gain is 1/10th of the original item's value, or 1/20th per item repaired. Crap.

An example:
Stone pickaxe has 132 uses in and of itself.
Using it then repairing with it gives you 131 + 132/20 (rounded to 6) = 137 uses from it.
Utterly pointless. Let's assume you repair when it has more uses less (through fear of it going entirely by accident), you are likely to errrr break even... :(

RMA
16-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Thankfully the repair plugin still works as it turns out. But we must never upgrade if it'll break or I'll go a bit more insane.

Wubble69
16-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh bugger me I just read up on repair. For some reason I thought that no matter what state the two items were in, you ended up with a completely new one. Well that really is crap. All you gain is 1/10th of the original item's value, or 1/20th per item repaired. Crap.

An example:
Stone pickaxe has 132 uses in and of itself.
Using it then repairing with it gives you 131 + 132/20 (rounded to 6) = 137 uses from it.
Utterly pointless. Let's assume you repair when it has more uses less (through fear of it going entirely by accident), you are likely to errrr break even... :(

It's not exactly useless even up against /rep

The internal version also allows you to "repair" things like Bows which /rep does not and since I have been out "a' huntin'" over the last few days that has been very useful.

I havn't tried it but I guess other things like Shears might be repairable using the internal tool.

That being said if you can afford to carry two bows around, I daresay you can afford to just make a new one.

Swings and Roundabout!

Solrax
17-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Hi, I'm new to the server and have some noob questions.

First of all, is there something different about animal spawning on the server? Or is that just a 1.0 thing? The last server I was on was a 1.8 beta server and there were plenty of animal spawns. On this server, if it weren't for the melon farm (thanks!) and pigpen I'd have starved a dozen times over as I explore looking for a place to settle. Or am I just unlucky? I just don't find any animals in the wild. I have like 1 feather from the one chicken I found, hardly enough to make arrows for good Creeper hunting. Speaking of which, there is no problem with monster spawning at night!

The second question is, trying to find a place to settle. I'd prefer to be somewhat near the center of the action, but even some distance out, there are torches around. Is the presence of torches enough to claim an area, or only if there is a sign/fence/wall building nearby? Obviously I don't want to crowd anyone who doesn't want company, or take over someone elses homestead. I found a nice area off the South road, but there are torches placed along the shore. Is that how claims are staked here?

Thanks!
Solrax

Gerbster
17-01-2012, 02:22 PM
If you see a mod or admin online give them a shout to come check out the area - we usually have a pretty good idea if the area is abandoned or not. Actually, how about posting the coordinates (type /getpos in the chat window) so one of us can take a look next time we are online.
Torches are a good way of reserving an area, but obviously they don't apply unto the end of time.

Animal spawning, no idea. I do know animal breeding is in now, so maybe that is 'balanced' by an almost total lack of them spawning randomly? Seems odd though, part of the fun of wandering the wild are the animals giving it life.

Also, found 1 swamp biome (so far) in Mammalia so am a sad puppy, but at least it just avoids cutting into an area. Also, Beech-grove Bay is apparently where a village would be, as I spotted a Squidward swimming in the lake last night. Bloody tourists! Also, I write 'also' too much :(

The JG Man
17-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Possibly unlucky. They've changed over the last few major updates item drops. You'll be sure that at least once a day with enough people online, there will be a mass-bitching session, but hey that's why we run with server mods.

As for your second question, what Gerbster said, but also bare in mind that some people might have land use outside of where you think it is, incorporating views into the equation. Based on myself though, *breathes in*

Take a portal to South Hub, then portal 2 and select JG's Valley. (Note: NOT JG's Demise, because that's in the Nether)
Take a left along the bridge you spawn onto and follow the path through the inn and downstairs to the exit into a cave. There should be a t-junction - carry on straight ahead to Zenobia.
Follow the path out a little bit and you get a bit of openish space between my valley and Zenobia who's owned by I forget who. If you wanted to make something small, you'd be nestled in a moderately free area which already has paths to the main road and nearby portal access for quick movement.

Even if you don't want to, take a look around at least to decide. Bare in mind we're not in the action, but you would be sandwiched and moderately easy to visit/access. If you do take up that residence, there's a mine access point I can open up for you fairly easily.

And welcome :)

Comrade Commissar
17-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I got the impression that animals don't despawn anymore if they are located withing a set distance from the closest player, or maybe they even don't despawn at all anymore.

I, too, haven't seen any wild animals running around for ages now and the only animals that populate Scotland are the pigs that I am breeding on my ranch, even though the whole area used to be full of sheep in the past.

Maybe Elt could be so kind to force a mass execution of every animal on the server, so that they can spawn anew in the player-populated areas? Because if my theory is true, then there will be very few to none new spawns of animals.

The JG Man
17-01-2012, 07:44 PM
And if you're wrong, you'd have just forced the mass extinction of wild-life on the server.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes :P

Gerbster
17-01-2012, 09:44 PM
BTW I've been having that chunk load bug where when I teleport or /spawn, sometimes where you end up won't load and you just sit there taking damage until you get out via other means.

Comrade Commissar
18-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Elt has decided against killing all animals and we are now building a public farm with crops, melons and animals.
(Even though I know my solution would have worked!)

Mollusc Infestation
18-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Incidentally, this will kill all the animals.

Xerian
18-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Elt has decided against killing all animals and we are now building a public farm with crops, melons and animals.
(Even though I know my solution would have worked!)
Dont get cocky ;>, it most likely wouldnt have :P (And even if it would, it'd be... Daft, that we'd have to resort to it :/, and quite problematic aswell. ) We really ought to look into mods fixing this idiotic... "Feature" :|

Comrade Commissar
20-01-2012, 10:45 PM
As requested:
Clean 1.0 minecraft.jar

http://www.mediafire.com/?542j0xka1cvlxt0

Xerian
21-01-2012, 12:03 AM
As requested:
Clean 1.0 minecraft.jar

http://www.mediafire.com/?542j0xka1cvlxt0
Thanks luv.

Jambe
21-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Incidentally, this will kill all the animals.

Sweet Zombie Jesus!

Mistabashi
21-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Anyone tried the new snapshot? The new Jungle biome is fantastic:

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/d6752442252f296e7a6d9085043fc28a3f0672d820ba0b232e 89444b4de865764g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?thumb=4&quickkey=c8n3jpk70sbrwco)

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/c72703ff56fc1b29b333f8cf89f73d6223bdb9569efe220914 1037988c2dafd94g.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?thumb=4&quickkey=h28uhsts50o8end)

Unfortunately it won't appear in old maps unless you modify the level.dat with NBTedit.

Also new pathfinding for zombies & wolves - they're actually pretty smart now and can navigate obstacles or even mazes to get to you. Cant wait to see what happens when the skellingtons get a similar work-over.

The JG Man
21-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh wow, that looks amazing. Maybe we'll see something like that when the map eventually gets extended.

RMA
22-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Also new pathfinding for zombies & wolves - they're actually pretty smart now and can navigate obstacles or even mazes to get to you. Cant wait to see what happens when the skellingtons get a similar work-over.

skeletons? I'm more worried about creepers!

Jungle biomes do look nice.

DRoseDARs
22-01-2012, 03:06 AM
The major problem with the jungle biome is the rules for leaf decay are murder on them (a bit like the fail that was the temp map I tried to put up when the game went Beta: Leaf block holocaust = laaag in the extreme). Both the jungle trees and the ground cover bushes tend to lose large chunks. If Jeb_ would just fix it so that as long as a leaf block is in some way connected to bedrock or through intermediate solid blocks/objects then it stays vs if it is free-floating i.e. only touching air then it decays. I never did like the leaf decay rules even back when they were a bit more generous in alpha. And ffs would someone at Mojang PLEASE fix the water/lava pond gen'ing? They need to be generated BE-F*CKING-FORE trees are gen'd. Enough of the damned floating tree trunks over ponds; it's been driving me nuts ever since they were introduced. The addition of a "proper" jungle biome (and a dedicated wood and leaf block too) was a nice unexpected addition, as was the climbable vines. I hope it means they'll focus a bit more on biomes and map generation, so it'd also be nice to *not* see jungles and deserts and tundras touching each other. Minecraft *has* intermediate biomes, frickin' use them please. >_<

Also, hard difficulty mode + jungle + nighttime = screwn. Even in daylight it can be difficult to move around in there, particularly when it's dark enough in places for hostiles to spawn. Love that mob pathfinding has been improved at least in some instances. I wondered why the zombies were less stupid. Tamed wolves seem to be doing their perma-whining again like when they were first introduced.

Ham Solo
22-01-2012, 09:45 AM
It looks fantastic. And the overhauled wayfinding sounds good, too.
But Drose has some points there.

Gerbster
22-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Blimey something I am actually looking forward too?
Cool!
As someone in the MCF pointed out, with Notch this would have warranted a full-on release.
While I may question Jeb´s directions a lot of the time, it is nice to feel like once again people are working on the game who actually give a damn :)

vivlo
23-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Hello folks ! What's new ?
I, for one, have been wandering near the new farm, there and there, until walking over a stone slab, approaching the edge, and seeing (hoohoohoo funny) lotsa creepers. I might have accidentally taken an arrow (in the... no, i dunno, was in 1st person view) and fallen, accidentally, in a hole, where some passing green mob might have done some damages. After respawning and reclaiming back all my stuff, they had nearly all exploded themselves, along with several times me, and some elements of decor. Then day arose, and i saw a sign reading something like "beware, creepers ahead, dont approach the edges".

So long story short there might be some damages around the new creepers spawners area. Sorry for that :p

Gerbster
24-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the top of Rusty's place in Beech-grove Bay?
Firstly thanks to Twink for alerting us, but also in general would be nice to know what happened. Creeper damage was sort of a possibility, but not really likely as the creeper would have to spawn on the roof, and the only flat areas are well lit. Not to mention the damage was so extensive it would have had to be multiple creeper hits. Very suspicious. In other words, keep your eyes open guys and don't forget to alert us if you see damage anywhere (we likes to fix things as well, not every creeper explosion is suspicious!).

NO MORE STARVING NEWBIES!

Did Eltagno announce this? The new farm is available on the hub network (IE on any portal that connects the north, east, south etc hubs), and has a full compliment of farm animals (they do NOT respawn, so please use wheat to breed them before slaughtering them), and there are various other things like a wheat farm, melons, pumpkins and even a pond with lilypads (if it is empty let us know). This is a public resource, please treat it with respect.

Solrax
24-01-2012, 03:24 AM
NO MORE STARVING NEWBIES!

Thanks Gerbster and all!

Hungry noob

Solrax
24-01-2012, 03:33 AM
Take a portal to South Hub, then portal 2 and select JG's Valley. (Note: NOT JG's Demise, because that's in the Nether)
Take a left along the bridge you spawn onto and follow the path through the inn and downstairs to the exit into a cave. There should be a t-junction - carry on straight ahead to Zenobia.
Follow the path out a little bit and you get a bit of openish space between my valley and Zenobia who's owned by I forget who. If you wanted to make something small, you'd be nestled in a moderately free area which already has paths to the main road and nearby portal access for quick movement.

Even if you don't want to, take a look around at least to decide. Bare in mind we're not in the action, but you would be sandwiched and moderately easy to visit/access. If you do take up that residence, there's a mine access point I can open up for you fairly easily.

And welcome :)

Thanks, I'll take a look at that area. It would be nice to at least have a little house setup with my storage chests and a bed while I decide where to build my empire :)

Solrax

Jambe
24-01-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm not sure if it's been discussed yet, but is there a chance that we could get the Sensible Enchanting mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/779368-v110-ssp-sensible-enchanting-v45-updated-for-110/) on the server? It apparently plays nice with other plugins, and the current enchanting system in MC is pants-on-head moronic.

TwinklinPixi3
24-01-2012, 08:26 PM
When the server was being updated, was there any point where the 'fire' prevention spreading tool wasn't uploaded or working? There was a massive hole in the side of the inn in Cat City right next to our fire... just a thought. Could have been a fire on Rusty's roof if lightning struck there

The JG Man
24-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I think there was, Twink. A few people seemed to noticed similar things.

MSpect0r
24-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Hello RPS! I've had minecraft for a while now but never tried it online, only a couple of hours offline, and i'd very much like to try this server since im a long time RPS reader. Is it noob friendly? :D

Solrax
25-01-2012, 01:17 AM
noob friendly! oh yes! I complained (politely) about it being hard to find wild animals for food, and they set up this amazing public farm! you should see it!

Thanks again guys!

DRoseDARs
25-01-2012, 07:38 AM
What is your Minecraft name MSpect0r?

And I do apologize for my extended absence. Work has been *interesting* for over a month now, perhaps about to get more so. I've been a bit Grumpy McPissypants by the end of my work day and would rather not contaminate anyone's good mood. I miss you guys and gals, and miss being in a good mood. :-(

Xerian
25-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Aww, Drose, I'm sure you'd be less Grumpy when logging onto MC and having a chat with the oh-so-comforting-teddy-bear-to-hug-Xerian... Whom misses you, almost dearly. Almost.
Still though, am looking forward to you quitting, getting fired, or... Well, your job easening up. So we'll see you on abit more ;>...

El Stevo
26-01-2012, 07:38 PM
We're working on a proper website for the server, and we're crowd sourcing. What questions do people think should be on the FAQ?

The JG Man
26-01-2012, 09:13 PM
"On a scale of 1-10, what my sense of humour be like to join the server?"
"How much disdain should I have for certain parts of Minecraft if I wish to join?"

Syn
28-01-2012, 11:18 PM
hey! i just logged in, is there a whitelist? Could you please add _Synesthesia_, girlboy_ and permafunk? See you inside!

Gerbster
29-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Elt, what happened to our beloved wiki child?

KirbyS
29-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Wowowowowowowow. I drowned and now I cant log back onto the server D: and i had a diamond pick and iron stuff and D: and btw, D:
That's all D:
EDIT: Minecraft crashes when I log on D: It's stooooopid

Gerbster
30-01-2012, 06:31 PM
DRose - just following some links and I realised your first post in the thread has lost all its formatting. Care to fix? :D

DRoseDARs
30-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Heading back to work now (lunch break); have fixed. Something with the forum got screwy because it isn't just the links in the OP.

Hasta whenever,
DRose

Comrade Commissar
31-01-2012, 12:21 AM
If you didn't notice yet, our thread got moved into the brand-new Minecraft subforum!
That means we can start lots of new threads about all kinds of stuff like Minecraft mods we like or texture packs or whatever.

Gerbster
31-01-2012, 05:18 AM
We rock so hard.

The JG Man
31-01-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm sure we can cobble together something as hard as diamond.

Gerbster
01-02-2012, 12:46 AM
That joke was mine.

J.B.
01-02-2012, 01:05 AM
With jokes like that, you have to pick your moment.

Comrade Commissar
01-02-2012, 02:00 AM
I am not quite sure if I dig those jokes.

Gerbster
01-02-2012, 08:25 AM
You probably have to be stoned to enjoy them MrWeed...

The JG Man
01-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I think we may be barking up the wrong tree.

J.B.
01-02-2012, 09:49 AM
JG, don't be so crafty.

The JG Man
01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
It's true, my jokes are a little wooden. Would you like me to walk the plank?

J.B.
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I won't creeper-round the issue any longer, these puns are terrible.

The JG Man
01-02-2012, 04:00 PM
With enough potency, these jokes could end, errr, men.

Gerbster
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Sorry to dig up this thread, but I wanted to let Xerian know that today I found just over 7 stacks of clay, and 2 wild pumpkins!

Gerbster
03-02-2012, 07:33 AM
No off-fence, but I am royally pissed that animals can jump fences. I found ALL of my cows had escaped from my new enclosure and trampled tons of wheat fields. End result? Steaks all round. But seriously? Since when could crap jump fences? Is it possibly, oh I dunno, a BUG? :(

Gerbster
03-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Elt and Drose, if you are still paying attention to the wiki, do take a look at how I started formatting the pages - in particular the categories (you can see more info on them under 'uRPS wiki guidelines'). Hope you think it makes sense and is worth doing.

The JG Man
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
No off-fence, but I am royally pissed that animals can jump fences. I found ALL of my cows had escaped from my new enclosure and trampled tons of wheat fields. End result? Steaks all round. But seriously? Since when could crap jump fences? Is it possibly, oh I dunno, a BUG? :(

http://youtu.be/MbsuAbTTsV8

I'm sorry, it was my first thought.

(Oh, and ignore all the comments. British people being idiots in it.)

Jambe
03-02-2012, 06:44 PM
My chickens also morph straight through wooden and stone brick walls.

Yes, collision stuff is buggy in MC.

Gerbster
04-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Great to see peoplestarting to put things into the wiki.
At the moment we dont have templates for people, but try to keep things similar to what is there. This does not mean you must slavishly copy - for example my list of info in my page. I actually like this less each time I see it. We will atremotto come up with some definitive templates this week.
Be careful oft ypos, for example Bodington only has 1 D :)
Things like that we can just fix ourselves, but I think I got bondmystic's name wrong - stuff like renaming pages requires more work and magic so let us know as soon as you see stuff like this.
Redirects are fine for things with common variants but the base page (ie what everything redirects to) should be the proper name.
So for example, Cat. City should redirect to Cathedral City, Xerian should redirect to Xerian1991, his actual MC name, Rusty to Rustyshakelford etc. An example of how to do a redirct is on the guidelines page.
Dont forget categories, also in the gudelines. They help tons :)
Be prepared for formatting rules to change or be put into place.
I currently only use bold for /commands. For now I think bold should be avoided in other places, using italics instead to differentiate cettain things if you feel they are necessary. Suggestions are naturally welcome.

Gerbster
04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
As far as redirects go try to keep them to a minimum, only using them where different names are commonly interchangable.
As. alwayswith us, the wiki is to be a community project, so we will actively encourage you guys to write about yourselves and your projects. As always, just do it in a responsible way :)

Proper capitalisation is important for names, nouns etc. Keep formatting for your place and usernames, but be aware that the wiki software has a habit ofmaking the first letter capitalised...

Comrade Commissar
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Now if only someone would finally post a link to said Wiki...

Gerbster
05-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Yeah sorry, I'd do it right now but I am not sure what Elt's position is on it. I think it got mentioned in-game a few times which explains why I saw a few new pages on it. I will hold off publicising the URL until I definitively have Elt's permission, but I imagine that is, at most, only a few days away.

Phydaux
05-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Great to see peoplestarting to put things into the wiki.
At the moment we dont have templates for people, but try to keep things similar to what is there. This does not mean you must slavishly copy - for example my list of info in my page. I actually like this less each time I see it. We will atremotto come up with some definitive templates this week.Some nice templates will fix this up :)

Be careful oft ypos, for example Bodington only has 1 D :)This means that I have some signs to fix around Cat City and elsewhere :P

Dont forget categories, also in the gudelines. They help tons :)Oops, meant to do this. Fixed where appropriate. :)

I currently only use bold for /commands. For now I think bold should be avoided in other places, using italics instead to differentiate cettain things if you feel they are necessary. Suggestions are naturally welcome.I was following the style guidelines wrong, my bolds are now italic or nothing. :) And feel free to brutally change my pages, it is a wiki after all :D

Wubble69
05-02-2012, 07:41 PM
a wiki or something would be nice as tbh I have no real idea what the hell is going on?

This thread always feels like I'm getting about 13% of a conversation.

F'instance where are the piggies for the slaughtering? They no be providing me the meaty goodness in the place where I be expectin' them.

Gerbster
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Wubble, mosey on down to the public farm. I will go check the pig enclosure to make sure no-one slaughtered them all, every last bastard.

Wubble69
05-02-2012, 09:11 PM
That's what I mean.

The public farm used to be about 30m from the spawn just on the other side of the melon patch.

There's no spawners in there anymore just nether light blocks.

No Sheeps! No Piggies!

Xerian
05-02-2012, 09:25 PM
That's what I mean.

The public farm used to be about 30m from the spawn just on the other side of the melon patch.

No Sheeps! No Piggies!
We made a new one, utilising breeding. Its on the hub-network :]

El Stevo
06-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Tada! The wiki! (http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/)

The idea with making it a wiki is that as well having pages for important information like the FAQ and rules, people can also make pages showing off their own projects. That's why we've called it the uRPS Minecraft Tourism Board.

We still need to make sample pages and an FAQ for using the wiki itself, but you can all start making pages for your projects right now even without the guidance. One of the great things about wikis is that they're quick and easy to edit.

That's what I mean.

No Sheeps! No Piggies!
Here (http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/index.php/FAQ#Where_can_I_find_food.3F) is the answer to your question. :)

KirbyS
06-02-2012, 05:50 AM
): I see I'm not cool enough to have my own page... I guess there's nothing left to do except go cry in the corner.... and i don't know how to make pages if there is a way... *Overly Dramatic SIGHHHH*

Robert Swan
06-02-2012, 02:39 PM
When adding areas of interest to the wiki did you know you can link to the exact location on Rusty's map?

Take a look at the markup for the map link on this page for an example: http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/index.php/Aquatica (http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/index.php/Aquatica)

Details taken here: https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Web-UI-Parameters

Gerbster
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
@Kirby, you can create new pages, I see you created a user profile.
For an entirely new page, just type in the URL that you want, and it will give you the option to edit it.
So in your case (remember, capitalisation is important) you´d go:

http://jsmith.im/~urps2/w/index.php/KirbyS

and edit away to your heart's content :)

Gerbster
06-02-2012, 03:39 PM
That be rather useful Rob, added it into the guidelines page.

Also be aware that the user page in your name is NOT the same as the wiki page for you - I would just suggest you put in a redirect in your user page (IE the one that begins user:<yourname>) to your actual wiki page, using #REDIRECT [[<yourname>]]

Gerbster
06-02-2012, 06:16 PM
OK I have just done a first draft of the Public Farm page, which means that the FAQ page of the wiki is almost complete, apart from the section entitled:
- Where can I find public mines, tree farms and mob grinders?
If anyone fancies compiling a short list for that section, feel free :)

[EDIT]Just saw that template thingy you did Phy, rather useful indeed - will be sure to include it from now on!

Phydaux
06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
[EDIT]Just saw that template thingy you did Phy, rather useful indeed - will be sure to include it from now on!Yea, just trying it out. And, if we move to another mapping tool, we can simply update the template and all the links can point to the new location. :)

Comrade Commissar
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
So, are we going to take over the new Minecraft subforum anytime soon or will you guys stick to posting everything into the same thread?

Because dedicated threads to the FAQ, the server details, general chatter etc. would be useful int terms of organisation etc.

Phydaux
06-02-2012, 10:43 PM
So, are we going to take over the new Minecraft subforum anytime soon or will you guys stick to posting everything into the same thread?

Because dedicated threads to the FAQ, the server details, general chatter etc. would be useful int terms of organisation etc.Good point! New thread for the wiki. (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2971-uRPS-Minecraft-Tourist-Board-(A-New-Wiki))

Gerbster
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Phy just a suggestion, can you change the thread title to match (at the start, at least) the title of this thread so people know they are the same server we are talking about, please? Just reckon it might help avoid some confusion.

Phydaux
07-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Urrgh... no, at least I can't see the option to change it. I thought I had changed it, but it's just the title of the post. Sorry!

Gerbster
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Oh dear umm…. errr how about we start a new thread and copy all the posts over into that one before it gets too long then?
Are you able to delete your thread, no idea if the forum permits that :s

Gerbster
07-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I am thinking about doing a new portal map - but to do so I need a new complete render of the map.
Any chance anyone with a beefy computer set-up would oblige?
I'd use the last full one rusty did, but it is so old now as to be a bit of a joke :(

rustyshakelford2
07-02-2012, 10:50 PM
I am thinking about doing a new portal map - but to do so I need a new complete render of the map.
Any chance anyone with a beefy computer set-up would oblige?
I'd use the last full one rusty did, but it is so old now as to be a bit of a joke :(

I'll update the map tonight. It will take a few hours though, my dsl is being really slow.

Gerbster
08-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Oh hello! And thanks!

KirbyS
08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
:D Thank you Gerby :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

rustyshakelford2
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
My map has been updated, and this time I remembered to include the nether.

http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web (http://raycore.org/rpsmap/web/)

Gerbster
08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
As always, hearts to Rusty!
Rusty, if we gave you a list of portal locations (formatted however you want), would it be possible to get them in? Which map maker prog do you use (so I could install it myself and do some simple tests). I think the map would begin to get tons more useful if we have a means of marking certain places on there.

On a related note, I am looking for examples of (public) mines, tree farms and mob grinders of all types to put into the FAQ - if anyone wants to point out some, ideally with directions, that would be great.

TwinklinPixi3
09-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Love the new front page of the wiki btw :) May I make a suggestion? I love the vid on the front page, it's really great :) Maybe we should do another one now that the map has developed so much?

rustyshakelford2
09-02-2012, 06:53 PM
As always, hearts to Rusty!
Rusty, if we gave you a list of portal locations (formatted however you want), would it be possible to get them in? Which map maker prog do you use (so I could install it myself and do some simple tests). I think the map would begin to get tons more useful if we have a means of marking certain places on there.

On a related note, I am looking for examples of (public) mines, tree farms and mob grinders of all types to put into the FAQ - if anyone wants to point out some, ideally with directions, that would be great.

I'm using dynmap. It's a bukkit plugin that normally runs with the server, but I tweaked the config so it runs on its own. It does have a way to add custom markers to the map, send me your list and I'll see what I can do.

Gerbster
09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Hmmm… I wonder if we can look into a host that would enable this plug-in to run and have a life feed? *idly muses*

rustyshakelford2
10-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Hmmm… I wonder if we can look into a host that would enable this plug-in to run and have a life feed? *idly muses*

Having the plugin running with the server certainly has its advantages, but it would increase our ram and bandwidth usage. This is something eltagno would have to look into.

RMA
10-02-2012, 05:04 AM
Don't know how much enchanting anyone else has done. It's very random from all the use I've put it through, and it takes a lot of clicks to get a decent high chance (and you can still be screwed over). There is a nice plugin that lets you enchant with whatever you feel like if you have the levels for it. It'd have to wait till the server was on 1.1, but it looks very nice.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-easyenchant-v1-0-5-complete-control-of-enchantments-1-1-r1.51532/

El Stevo
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
The file format for Minecraft worlds is changing again, and biome data will be stored with the chunks in the new format. This is very good news. It means we'll be able to restore all the biomes to how they were when the world was originally generated.

https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167918937474994176 (https://twitter.com/#%21/jeb_/status/167918937474994176)

Xerian
10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
The file format for Minecraft worlds is changing again, and biome data will be stored with the chunks in the new format. This is very good news. It means we'll be able to restore all the biomes to how they were when the world was originally generated.

https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/167918937474994176 (https://twitter.com/#%21/jeb_/status/167918937474994176)

Its official: Jeb is a proper developer, especially in comparison to Notch. Hurrah for Jebs sensibility!

Gerbster
11-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Don't have a twitter account, anyone care to repost (assuming it is worth it and contains more than Elt's rather nice summary)?

Gerbster
11-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Ignore me, just deleted post cos I was talking through my arse.

Gerbster
13-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Great news! Jeb fixed double door issues!
Downside! Breaks all existing double doors.
Ho hum, hopefully that will actually be fixed before a proper update, but really… I still run into wrong chests, but to have to go through all my builds yet again… :(

Gerbster
16-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Just to keep people interested, 1.2 will bring a new file format that supposedly (amongst other things) allows for these awesome features:

- Biomes stored in chunks (YAY!)
- Smaller filesizes
- build height limit of 256 blocks (that is to say, 3 times higher than we currently have from sea level - note at this height you can't actually see the ground on normal render distance!)

The JG Man
17-02-2012, 04:31 AM
I'm slightly confused; what does restoring a chunk if the data is saved to the biome actually mean? That you could harvest an area, revert it, then harvest again?

Also, apologies for not being on. I've had a mixture of trying to go through my backlog, failing, work, playing other games (that damn Star Trek MMO...) and being creatively bankrupt. I'll be on again Valve-soon.

El Stevo
17-02-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm slightly confused; what does restoring a chunk if the data is saved to the biome actually mean? That you could harvest an area, revert it, then harvest again?
No, it means the weather and grass/foliage colour data will be saved in the chunk.

The JG Man
17-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Ah, sounds good!

MSpect0r
20-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Hey! Been a long time lurker but not a very active poster and just got back into minecraft! Been playing single player but theres only so much mining you can do by yourself.

Was reading the rules and a bit of the wiki and decided to post this since id like to make your server my home if possible :)

If you require more detailed information id be happy to pm someone as I dont want to post my life story for everyone to read, I'm sure no one wants that :P

Gerbster
20-02-2012, 07:18 AM
For whatever odd reason, at the moment only Admin have the power to whitelist. I shall prod Eltagno when I see him to get you on probation ASAP.

El Stevo
20-02-2012, 03:01 PM
MSpect0r: What's your Minecraft name?