PDA

View Full Version : The (unofficial) RPS Minecraft Server Thread III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

MSpect0r
20-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Same as my forum name, MSpect0r.

Should have probably mentioned that on my first post, sorry!

Thanks for replying so quickly guys :)

DeekyFun
20-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,

I used to frequent the uRPS server for a time (twice, in fact), and would like to get back into it, if possible - I'm not sure if I'm still on the white list or not. deekyfun is my minecraft username.

What I'm struggling with mostly though, is the lack of an available 1.0.0 .jar of the game - I don't seem to have a backup of it in the folder. If it means I just have to wait until the server upgrades to the version I've currently got (1.0.1, I think), then that's fine, but do the version upgrades get announced on here when they go live? Just so I know when to try.

Ta
Deeky

DRoseDARs
21-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Edit: Use Merelia's link to McNostalgia instead.

Merelia
21-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't recommend sharing jars because I am pretty sure that you can be banned over that.
Instead I recommend using this program: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/800346-tool-mcnostalgia-202/
You can use that to downgrade your minecraft.

DeekyFun
22-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Cheers guys, I'll take a look and hopefully see you on the Server!

El Stevo
22-02-2012, 12:39 PM
The new server has just gone live. Update your clients to 1.1 (great timing, right Deeky? :D) and point them at urps-minecraft.co.uk. No port needed. We're still paid up on the old server for a little while, so if anything goes disastrously wrong we can pull all the files across and move back there. Let me know how the new server performs in comparison to the old one, bearing in mind the new one's in the UK rather than the US.

The new server is hosted by our very own thegingerbeast, so make sure you thank him if you see him. (It's on a dedicated server in a data centre, not a home box.) He's the one paying for it, so anything to do with donations are up to him now.

There are a few new features on the new server. We now have the easy enchantment mod, which you can use by typing the command /ee. It's also now possible to capture mobs in eggs, by either left clicking on them with the egg or throwing the egg at them. You then release them my right clicking on the ground with the mob egg. There is a charge of 200 nipples for capturing passive mobs and 5000 nipples for capturing hostile mobs. This will be useful for seeding new farms from Public Farm.

DRoseDARs
22-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Original Post Updated: Server Update and Migration

Gerbster
22-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Wiki addresses updated.

All hail the God-King Elt for a smooth transition and a surprising secret upgrade to 1.1 :)

gingerbeast
23-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Hope you guys enjoy the server, I use it for web development and hosting of a long list of sites, but it uses nowhere near all of its capacity (even now) so I figured people might aswell enjoy it. Donations are more than welcome, my paypal is the_ginger_beast@hotmail.co.uk, feel no pressure to donate though, everything will just go to the costs of covering the server.

Xerian
24-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I love Jeb. http://i.imgur.com/QVA1C.png - We'll be able to put halfsteps in the upper half of a block-space aswell as the bottom. And he's also giving us upside down stairs: http://i.imgur.com/xSRLn.png
I really love that red-haired giraffe.

Gerbster
24-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes indeed. 5 minutes coding and we have MC v2!
Now let him just put back in bloody ladder collision - dunno how many exits he screwed up with that tweak.
Is there a suggestions thread? I so desperately want him to put in a 'sunrise / sunset direction' option and that would solve all my north quibbles...

Oh the point of my post? Elt has given us a live map of the server, at:

http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/

It hath many options (check out the layers and view options - you can click on the head of a player in the player list to highlight them and track them, again to deselect, or just click on the name to jump to them once), and looks gorgeous.

For those shy victims of stalkers, in-game you have access to two new commands:

/dynmap hide
/dynmap show

which naturally hides or shows you on the map, protecting your secrecy if you are so inclined.

Gerbster
24-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I have updated the map template on the wiki, and also added in some new ones.
Now, you have templates for the 3 worlds, and both overhead and isometric views.
I made the default to be the main world and isometric because it is so damn cool :)

{{Map|x=<x>|z=<z>|text=<description>}}
{{MapFlat|x=<x>|z=<z>|text=<description>}}
{{NetherMap|x=<x>|z=<z>|text=<description>}}
{{NetherMapFlat|x=<x>|z=<z>|text=<description>}}
{{EndMap|x=<x>|z=<z>|text=<description>}}
{{EndMapFlat|x=<x>|z=<z>|text=<description>}}

The format should be obvious enough - they are identical in that you must supply X and Z coordinates, as well as a description. Then the first word dictates what map and what view to use.

Enjoy!

My thanks go to Phydaux for the original template, and his extremely wise and prophetic words about doing it that way making it very easy should we change the map server!

gingerbeast
25-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Hey guys,

Quick heads up the server will be down for between 4 and 8 hours at some point over the next few days; it will be between midnight and 8am GMT on one day. This is so that the processor in the server can be upgraded to a higher specification; which hopefully will make the server run even faster!

thegingerbeast

gingerbeast
25-02-2012, 07:29 PM
The upgrade has been scheduled for between the hours of midnight Sunday and 8am Monday (GMT). So the server could be down between those times, it might only be down for a matter of minutes, but could be down for several hours.

DRoseDARs
26-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Original post updated to include the live map link and the show/hide cmds.

A big thank you to gingerbeast for graciously hosting us!

DRoseDARs
27-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Well, my timing sucked. Logged on to the server for the first time in what 3 weeks... and apparently just in time for ginger's server maintenance. Figures. ;-)

Gerbster
27-02-2012, 04:06 AM
Well, my timing sucked. Logged on to the server for the first time in what 3 weeks... and apparently just in time for ginger's server maintenance. Figures. ;-)Ditto, I fired up the map and saw you and elt in there and rushed to get online, but bope, it is just ghost elt and phantom drose :(

Gerbster
28-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Elt moved the wiki over to ginger's server. While there is a redirect in place, it wouldn't hurt to update the url:
http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/w/index.php?title=URPS_Minecraft_Tourist_Board

El Stevo
29-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Just use http://urps-minecraft.co.uk (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/) for the wiki url.

rustyshakelford2
29-02-2012, 07:47 AM
I just checked out the wiki and was very impressed. I think it would be cool to post some of the older maps of the server, it's amazing how different some areas used to look. The oldest one I have is from 11/24/2010 (link (http://www.i.imgur.com/QOzJb.jpg)), anyone have older maps?

RMA
29-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Not the only one the server is down for am I? Hope it's okay

TwinklinPixi3
29-02-2012, 10:58 PM
nope down for everyone.

Phydaux
29-02-2012, 10:59 PM
OK, who broke the server?

gingerbeast
29-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Working on it now, long harrowing tale, back up shortly.

El Stevo
01-03-2012, 12:19 AM
The server's back up but I have some really bad news. Some Russian hacker guys managed to gain access to the server and they deleted literally everything. There are daily backups, but we've lost about 21 hours of changes. Anything since 1AM GMT on Wednesday. If you've lost materials we can reimburse you, but there's nothing we can do about builds. The wiki is affected too, but there weren't many changes today thankfully. We have a couple of theories about how they gained access and security has been beefed up.

I am so sorry about this. I feel really bad. If you've been affected let me know and I'll give you some form of compensation.

:(

Gerbster
01-03-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm hoping no-one lost as much work as me, cos that would truly suck :(
Xer - what state was your inn in - we just checked it out and it was more advanced than when I'd last seen it, so not sure how much more progress you'd made, but if you need a hand rebuilding and I'm online, give me a shout and I┤ll gladly chip in.

Wubble69
01-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I am so sorry about this. I feel really bad. If you've been affected let me know and I'll give you some form of compensation.

:(

I fail to see what you are apologising about. The backup regime that you have set up and monitored for so long has worked.

We got nuked. You were able to roll back to less than 24 hours.

So we may have lost bits and bobs and what not but at the end of the day, your diligence made the pain less than it could have been.

So STFU and thank you for your service :)

xxx

Gerbster
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
In times of trouble it does me good to remember there is always warmth, love and friendship!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiKbWm9QuXs

Xerian
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I did lose a bunch of materials, some diamonds and a ton of wool. Luckily, the wool has been reimbursed. And thats the only thing that really matters to me, and Gerb - I managed to rebuild it mostly, I did forget some of the design sadly, and I was farther ahead with it, but I'll manage. Good thing we have the backup - It saved our asses bigtime.
Theres a reason I dont like russians. :P

TwinklinPixi3
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
does anyone know if the server was supposed to restart just now, at about 9pm? If not, it just crashed.

Phydaux
01-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I fail to see what you are apologising about. The backup regime that you have set up and monitored for so long has worked.

We got nuked. You were able to roll back to less than 24 hours.

So we may have lost bits and bobs and what not but at the end of the day, your diligence made the pain less than it could have been.

So STFU and thank you for your service :)

xxx
This.

Also,
Glad to hear Ginger's web hosting side wasn't affected. :)

I've rebuilt what I had lost, with help from twink. And apart from some lapis ore I'm no worse off (that ore is still in the ground near me, I think I can find it again).

El Stevo
01-03-2012, 09:20 PM
does anyone know if the server was supposed to restart just now, at about 9pm? If not, it just crashed.
It was up the whole time. Veeskers stayed connected too.

gingerbeast
04-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Okay so i've finally gotten around to sorting out donations, you have two options -
1) head to http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/donate/ and use the donate button there :) I will make that page more pretty when I have time, aswell as adding in some nice little fancy graphical representations of donations.
2) or make a donation to donate@urps-minecraft.co.uk via paypal
3) If you would rather donate via other means then drop me an email at donate@urps-minecraft.co.uk and Im certain we can arrange something.

I'll put the information on the wiki shortly!

Wubble69
05-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Hello

I have been moaning at great length and making people suffer my whinging over the last few days and figured I try to be part of the solution rather than just a moany old cunt.

Twice over the weekend I died and lost over 30 levels of experience and I am of the belief that the experience loss upon death is just totally bang out of order.

47 levels down to 6 levels is just ... well ... it made me swear alot.

This Bukkit plugin (I have no idea how these work) claims we can change how much is lost upon death.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/controlorble/?page=6

"Configurable Experience Loss on Death (With the ability to fine-tune by death type!)"

I respectfully submit this plugin to the Gods of Red and hope that a) it is useful and b) the costs upon death can be made slightly more ... dignified.

Even a 50% loss rather than the current 80 - 90 % would be greatfully recieved.

dotBrain
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Just popping in to say how rad the iron piston door pods at Plopwood and that they are goddamn fantastic.

Robert Swan
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I've started work on creating a western road out to west hub. Unsurprisingly it will take time so if anyone wants to help add borders and details, and add side roads and signage to nearby attractions then that would be helpful.

You may notice that there is now a "proper" central crossroads near to Nova market where the NESW roads meet. That still needs some work but should make it easier to give people directions etc.

Gerbster
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
In case you see this Bondmystic, or if others are interested, I added the chest magnet options to the wiki, under the player commands:

http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Complete_list_of_commands

Deschain
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Possible mod upgrade- Elevators? Piston elevators mostly do not work in SMP, and it would be nice to have some ways to get up and down, especially with the sky eventually increasing.

MadJax
17-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Came on a little earlier and had an explore, would like to apply for Whitelisting if I may :)

Minecraft name is the same as here :)

El Stevo
20-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Hi, MadJax. I added you to the whitelist. Sorry about taking so long, my computer has been out of action this week.

DWZippy
20-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Could you whitelist Darkwingstalker? I'd also love an older version of minecraft if that's acceptable, unless Bukkit is coming soon :P

Gerbster
21-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Had a mad night last night - found 27 stacks of clay balls 'near' the public farm, including my single biggest haul ever - 11 stacks from one location :)

TwinklinPixi3
25-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Hmm, this forum has gone very quiet :S

Xerian
25-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Hai ladies & gentlemen - I'll be leaving for Prague later today, and I wont be back until late friday, or possibly early saturday... Just to let you all know. (Its a schooltrip, so half of the trip'll undoubtfully be shite, but the other half will, hopefully, be nice :]...)
Bai people, be well 'till I see you all again :]

Gerbster
26-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I think some of us have been busy elsewhere lately. Drose only pops in very rarely right now, and Elt is still stuck with computer problems I believe. I've got tons of work and you - what is your excuse exactly then twink? :P

Should also point out there is stilla fairly steady supply of people actually on the server itself, including a few older players popping back in again, which is ace.

TwinklinPixi3
26-03-2012, 11:18 PM
me? My excuse is that I've been poorly, and still am - so not feeling up to much right now other than zoning out infront of the tv :S

KirbyS
29-03-2012, 03:50 AM
I've been busy with school productions of Fiddler on the Roof and Les Miserables and homework and such (oh the burdens of a teenager)
Hopefully, when the shows have finished, I'll be able to get back online :D I'm looking forward to it

DRoseDARs
30-03-2012, 09:29 AM
For me, irl work. Been putting in a lot of time and slowly reaching a burnout point. Was almost ready to bail and put in my 2 week notice so I could move on to something else, but today the general manager beat me to the punch and made an interesting/desperate bid to keep me (he's been slowly bleeding staff ever since our very popular operations manager and my friend since 1999 was basically forced out by the owners). I've been bumped up to full manager (instead of the strange and stressful twilight zone I've been sitting in since December) of my department and will be getting extra pay (I need him to put the details in writing) as well as some more staff to take the workload off me. I'm still looking to take on a second job if the scheduling can be made to work (current job daytime, 2nd job part-time on graveyard shift would work perfect). While potentially getting extra pay between the 2 jobs is nice and would allow me to *finally* feel like I'm an adult in a multitude of ways, the health/vision/dental coverage and 401K offerings... even to part-timers after 90 days! ...are the things drawing me to the other place, things I can't remotely expect to get through my current job. My current insurance is super-expensive and is a lesser-tier offering from them, I don't have dental coverage (so all out-of-pocket), and me retire? HA, with my finances such as they are, when I'm dead.

As far as gameplay, yeah like Gerb said I pop on every now and then. Am pleased that the Bukkit team is now part of Mojang's Minecraft development. Sure, things are quiet but our server has had much greater staying power than the vast majority of servers out there. Perhaps an analogy is an old bar/pub where everybody knows your... skin. You may wander off to many other places to do many other things, but the server is there warm and comfortable and easy to return to.

Outside of occasional visits to the server, I've not done much Minecrafting at all. The Mystcraft mod has me captivated as it has grown. I've played some random stuff on my Steam account and actually just completed my first run through of both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. I won't be playing ME3 until it comes to Steam or I *cough* play an evaluation copy off the internet *cough* which ever comes first. Don't judge me, I first played Half-Life 2 in that manner and was impressed enough that I installed Steam, bought the game, and many others through that system since. EA Games' Origin is not likely to get that kind of patronage from me, sorry. I haz a sad. Oh, and good gawd. SimCity 5 is coming next year. Also Origin, still no. I haz a double sad.

Robert Swan
01-04-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm doing a quick (hopefully) conversion of the diorama code onto xbox so I can chuck out a 4 player split screen game asap. One of the things I'm doing differently to minecraft is not treating slabs, steps or normal blocks differently to each other. There are a couple of nice sideeffects of that - the most obvious being that almost any block can be "chipped away". I've just uploaded a video here so you can see what you think.

Please also laugh at just how small Youtube makes the video :) The original size is clearly poor for this sort of thing...! I'll change it for subsequent videos.

http://youtu.be/SQPqfRRJkUk

The JG Man
01-04-2012, 02:16 AM
What's the current version of the server at the mo?

I have some free time (read: that's a hell of a lie, what with 16,000 words needing to be written by the start of May) coming up soon, and it'd be good to get back into the game.

Gerbster
01-04-2012, 05:04 AM
v1.1, and hurry up JG :)

RMA
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I have a cat!

Gerbster
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Win for you!

DRoseDARs
02-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Appears the server update to 1.2.4 has been completed; OP adjusted accordingly. As far as I can recall, this may be the first time we're up-to-date to the most-current build of the game that's been officially released (1.2.5 is a pseudo-snapshot, mostly to give modders a headstart on their mods ahead of the actual release) since I think the release of beta. Excellent work. I hope with Mojang and Bukkit joining forces, this will make future updates pretty smooth and minimally a hassle (there will always be hiccups and annoyances).

El Stevo
02-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Yep, updated to 1.2.4.

Shops are pretty wobbly, we currently don't have a help plugin and for some reason /who doesn't work (use /list instead) but everything else seems to be fine. We have a new repair plugin for which you can get help by using /rep. For those of you with access to the hat plugin, you now put the item in your head slot directly, rather than using a command.

I also installed a lift plugin. There's a video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IT_ULndbE) that explains how to use it.

Vykoden
03-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi there. I'm your friendly neighborhood Vykoden. But, I'm a sad Vykoden :( because I'm not whitelisted to play on RPS. I'm a BACON founder, transfer player from Nerd. I would like to be on what Gerbster referred to as "probation", which is really kinda funny, since I'm a criminology major... and a former journalist.

Yes, I'm old. What of it? I was gaming before you were even conceived (probably).

With that, I respectfully request permission to dig a hole in the ground on RPS.

Thanks,
-Vyko

jkforty7
03-04-2012, 06:57 AM
I've been whitelisted already but I'd like to let you know that some buddies are going to be hopping on and wanting to be whitelisted as well so I thought you might like a heads up. I talked with El Tagno about this earlier so he should be aware of our group.

We're refugees from another server who are sick of frequent map resets and want a stable place to call home for our massive builds. Off the top of my head I can think of a bunch who will be showing up. Vykoden, Cato269, Phillippassmore, KillBoosh, JennaBerry, Dubloe7, 0mni0mni0mni, Nilate. Some other yahoos play sometimes so if you see someone on saying they're from Bacon they probably are and I just forgot about them because they don't play enough.

Gerbster said to post in this forum about this because his ability to whitelist is now gone. What did he say to write? I can't remember. We formed our town a little over a year ago on the nerd.nu servers. Since that time we've had 8...9? resets which forced us to start over on some pretty impressive crap. I won't even go over all of what we've done as it would break your heart. We refuse to give up and need a new place for a massive maze that will lead to an End Portal. People will walk from kilometers around to see this....or they're take a portal to it. I don't know. We just want to dig holes and build mazes, farms and rails.

Wubble69
03-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Is the new /rep plugin the evolution of the old one or a brand new plugin by the /ee people?

It just seems abit odd to add so many levels of complication and a requirement to have a crafting table into what was a simple and effective tool?

What will be will be but I'm slightly bemused by it.

But then my bemusment was probably foreseen in the oracle waters which would explain how apparantly I am not a member of any chat channels now and cannot wax lyrical abut such things. I guess the wiki explains how to get back into General Chat.

In other news! HIGHER DICK TOWERS FTW!1!1!!!

Edit: You don't need a crafting table you can use the 2x2 one.

J.B.
03-04-2012, 01:03 PM
But then my bemusment was probably foreseen in the oracle waters which would explain how apparantly I am not a member of any chat channels now and cannot wax lyrical abut such things. I guess the wiki explains how to get back into General Chat.

I sure hope it does, as I've drifted back now that the server is up-to-date. Chatting would be good =)

El Stevo
03-04-2012, 02:14 PM
The chat plugin is supposed to put you in the global channel automatically. Apparently it's not doing it every time. If you connect and find you can't chat enter "/ch g".

Gerbster
03-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Wubble, I did a quick update of the repair page on the wiki and also did a first stab at the enchanting page in same said wiki.
The chat thing just appears to be a bug.

Wubble69
03-04-2012, 08:11 PM
All sorted now Gerb.

Thanks

J.B.
04-04-2012, 08:52 AM
So, if an area was claimed in Dec 2010 and never had anything done to it, would it be cool to start developing it? (especially as it happens that I was planning to build something that would fit thematically with the area name, coincidentally!)

El Stevo
04-04-2012, 09:38 AM
So, if an area was claimed in Dec 2010 and never had anything done to it, would it be cool to start developing it?
Generally, yes. But I'd like to take a look at it first. Have you got the coords?

J.B.
04-04-2012, 09:52 AM
It's Egypt, it's on the hub network. South, I think. Signs say claimed by Zanchito in Dec '10.

EDIT - looks like the base of something was started a bit away from the portal, but take a look anyway. Dec '10 is a looooong time ago

DWZippy
04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I'll be showing for a bit tonight. Im a slow player but i will find a chunk of land to call my own. Im thinking underwater lair.

El Stevo
04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
It's Egypt, it's on the hub network. South, I think. Signs say claimed by Zanchito in Dec '10.

EDIT - looks like the base of something was started a bit away from the portal, but take a look anyway. Dec '10 is a looooong time ago
OK, go ahead.

El Stevo
05-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm bringing the server down to patch the biomes to how they were pre-1.8. I'm not sure how long it will take. Hopefully not too long.

Also, we're on 1.2.5 now, so you should all update your clients.

J.B.
05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Also, we're on 1.2.5 now, so you should all update your clients.

w00t w00t!

I've been pleading with the kids to not click the update button, now I can relax.

DRoseDARs
05-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Super Elt to the rescue! Banhammer those nasty swamps! ;)

I imagine fixing the sun-rises-in-the-north "fix" Notch made is something that can't really be done easily. There are client-side graphical performance mods that allow players on an individual basis to fix it from their perspective, I just can't think of their names. I wonder if OptiFine is among them...

Smashbox
05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Is she up and running again?

Also, anyone care to sate my curiosity as to what biomes changed?

El Stevo
06-04-2012, 03:40 AM
It's done. Took a lot longer than I hoped. There is still a lot of ice and snow left over, but weather should now match the terrain.

Electricfox
06-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Hello chaps, Electricfox here requesting to be put on the Whitelist. Also looking to build around -2379, 65, 1260 if no-one else has any plans there. Oh, and MC name is Electricfox (original, eh?). You might have me on your logs as I popped in the other day to have a look around, some beautiful work here.

El Stevo
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello chaps, Electricfox here requesting to be put on the Whitelist. Also looking to build around -2379, 65, 1260 if no-one else has any plans there. Oh, and MC name is Electricfox (original, eh?). You might have me on your logs as I popped in the other day to have a look around, some beautiful work here.

Whitelisted. Welcome to the server. Make sure you read the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ) if you haven't already.

El Stevo
06-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Just in case anyone missed my post on the previous page, we're on 1.2.5 now, so update your clients. You'll still be able to connect with a 1.2.4 client, but you might be a bit crashy.

Electricfox
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server. Make sure you read the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ) if you haven't already.

Danke, have done so. Look forward to building alongside you all. :D

Comrade Commissar
06-04-2012, 09:06 PM
New, up-to-date Nations at War texture pack modded by me:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nxaumvfxmui1uml

Edit:

Newest version of MC HD Patcher, which you will need:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sy1n8ekyz00gg31

ShowMeTheMonkey
08-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi guys, just saying I can vouch for "izzler". She's my sister, may she be added to the build list please?

El Stevo
08-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi guys, just saying I can vouch for "izzler". She's my sister, may she be added to the build list please?
Yep, whitelisted. Make sure she still reads the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ).

Gerbster
08-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Now the biome updates are in place several things have become obvious:

1) There ARE some jungle biomes in the map. It may be they are what was referred to as errrr rainforest biome in the past? (Elt did tell me but I forgot). Basically look for very lush green grass. There are 2 confirmed jungle biomes so far - Cat. City and Wubble's land Orqwith in the south. Just south of Orqwith, where the big laser gun is (pointing at Mammalia, I might add…), is particularly full of ocelots. No idea why, it is INSANE.

2) We are in the process of cleaning up errant snow and ice. If there is somewhere you have seen that needs fixing, please alert us. I will include a list at the bottom of this post with areas I have seen and earmarked for thawing. (/thaw <radius> is the command for any other mods in here who need to know how).

3) Biome colours and snow and ice on the dynamic map can show up incorrectly. This is because the commands we use to clear and reset it all don't force a map redraw. Once we are reasonably certain we have cleared up most of the map, Elt will force a complete map refresh.

Areas targeted for thawing:

- DONE - Lost city and north of there (east of north hub)
- DONE - Much of the north east of the map (sadly there is tons obviously wrong there…)
- DONE - 85 (just east of Richma's stupid hole)
- DONE - Starfall (desert in extreme south east of map)
- DONE - Refuge mountain (north east of spawn)
- DONE - Looks like the area around Thrinelda (slightly north west of Nova) is snow that needs to go, can anyone confirm? (DigHappyPrimate, you are just south of there?).

El Stevo
08-04-2012, 10:30 PM
You can find out if the snow should be there by going there and checking the biome (/biome or F3). Also, it doesn't matter if you remove snow from places that should be snowy, because it will return the next time it rains, and the map will update.

Wubble69
09-04-2012, 12:20 PM
1) There ARE some jungle biomes in the map. It may be they are what was referred to as errrr rainforest biome in the past? (Elt did tell me but I forgot). Basically look for very lush green grass. There are 2 confirmed jungle biomes so far - Cat. City and Wubble's land Orqwith in the south. Just south of Orqwith, where the big laser gun is (pointing at Mammalia, I might add…), is particularly full of ocelots. No idea why, it is INSANE.

I assume that's the area where the grass is bright bright green.

I had cleared the area in preparations for making barracks, parade grounds, bunkers, missile silos etc for the Orqwith Defense Force but I shall seed a few trees and see what happens.

Wubble69
09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
+++ Press Release +++

People's Republic of Orqwith Announce Immediate Ceasation of Military Development in the Southern Zones.

After an offical visit to the Border Demilitarized zone this morning, the High Overlord of Orqwith has announced that plans to develop the area into a much needed Military Base to combat the threat of Mamalian advancement have been put on hold.

The High Overlord was interviewed standing proudly atop his Big Laser stroking a lovely kitty.

"We, will not make the same mistakes of the Gerbian Wolf thief, stealing 98% of the servers wolf population, leaving them scattered in his wake as he goes about making his roads, but not allowing anyone else to tame or breed them.

The Big Laser will be put into maintainance mode thereby allowing people to approach safely from the nearest portal to the south.

However, any attempts by the Mamalian Oppressors to take advantage of this ... generous gesture will result in immediate reactivation of the border defenses.

Over the coming days the jungle biome will be made fit for purpose (ensquared) and mob proofed.

A nice safe fishing area will also be provided, and at a later date a portal may be created in the area."

The High Overlord then proceeded to cast a wary glance to the south west and sighed.

+++

The People's Republic of Orqwith is the premier People's Republic in the south and 72% of the population think Gerb smells and has fleas.

Gerbster
09-04-2012, 05:09 PM
+++ Press Release +++

Mammalian Foreign Office Announcement:

We welcome the previously announced efforts for peace aimed at calming tensions between Orqwith and the peace-loving folk of Mammalia.

We remain cautiously optimistic that Orqwith and its leader, the High Overlord Wubble, will refrain from inflammatory actions, and will accept the gift of Kitty on Laser in the spirit that it was meant.

One day Mammalia hopes to be able to build in the current no-mans-land between Shrewbil and Orqwith, as it has the right to do, but for now, as a gesture of peace, will simply continue to use the area as a buffer zone, populated only by sheep.

We look forward to a time of enrichment between ourselves and our geometricly-obsessed neighbours.

+++

On an unrelated note, Mammalia moves forward with its planned peaceful satelite launch.

vivlo
10-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Hi there,

just a quick note to unbosom myself. Tonight i went to discover various stuff at a very nice place, Ceres, featuring a nice example of the brand new lift system, which leads from the very bottom to the most upper height possible in, like, 3 seconds ! in all safety. Very nice view ! and then my unconscious will to try and see if i would die by falling from up there (with all that heavily enchanted armor - iron, but still) won, i fall from this mostest highest place, and died, and lost all my stuff. I was sad, despite having had a nice view during the fall ! also, falling is still faster than the lift.

Anyway 2 things learnt tonight : lifts are awesome ! and dying sucks.

Electricfox
10-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Hello chaps

I've just been down to the Public farm to grab something to eat and I've noticed that there is a bit of a chicken crisis...namely that there is just one chicken down there. I don't know if someone forgot to breed or they decided to commit Hara-kiri but someone might want to throw another chicken in there, or start a cloning program.

Gerbster
12-04-2012, 05:17 AM
More possible snow biomes needing clearing:

- West of Valhalla
- All around Slashernick and the Station.

If anyone specifically wants a snow or swamp biome, let us know.

TwinklinPixi3
13-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I have to say, i LOVE that Cat City is a jungle biome - we have lush green grass, and it's now full of cats - how purrfect for Cat City :)

Electricfox
13-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Rightio, I'm going to be away for about a week, so I thought I'd just outline what I plan so that I don't tread on anyones toes.

I was going to expand east but I've discovered a player dwelling in that direction so I'm going to go west instead, cutting the land links to the area to make it into a nice sized island.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5811/mc1um.jpg

See you all in about a week. Happy building!

DWZippy
14-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Finally finished my roof. i have a few bits of polish to add before Im finished with the main room however.

RMA
15-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Evil laughter.

You're all in safe hands now.

Alikchi
16-04-2012, 02:40 AM
The server seems very unstable to me. Keeps dropping connection + ping.

Other servers have stable, full-green-bars connections.

Edit: This might have just been me!

Xerian
16-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I wouldnt say safe hands... But you are ALL in OUR hands now! Muahahaha!

vivlo
17-04-2012, 12:28 AM
*fear!*

on a brighter note, this looks fun, doesn't it ?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/16/exactly-what-it-sounds-like-minecraft-dota/

...or not.

Anyway, i also have a request that some ice zone be removed, the location is east-south-east of public farm, "vivlo's thing to be" (ye well) and if the ice zone could be removed from the water pool it would be incredibly nice ! not too much around, but just from where water is. Dunno if/what is possible. voilÓ !
edit : some coordinates (from the map) : 840,65,-2824

TwinklinPixi3
17-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Heya - not sure if you guys are interested but Phy and I have started up a youtube channel about Gaming! Mostly minecraft :) We've just put our first video up :D You'll have to excuse 1 min of black screen from 12-13 mins, but the sound is there :) http://youtu.be/a6TRSgutp9Y (http://youtu.be/ppE99i0dDV4)

EDIT: re-uploaded it and works fine now :)

Try this link http://www.youtube.com/user/Epilong/videos

J.B.
17-04-2012, 05:58 PM
your link > "This video has been removed by the user."

=(

TwinklinPixi3
17-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Here you go http://youtu.be/a6TRSgutp9Y

TwinklinPixi3
17-04-2012, 06:15 PM
check above JG - added a new link in for you :) Or, just type 'Epilong' into youtube

J.B.
17-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Wunderbar, thanks TP!

PS- Happy birthday! =D

TwinklinPixi3
17-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks jg man :) happy times

TwinklinPixi3
17-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Keep your eyes peeled on our channel tomorrow, a video of Cat City will be going up!

JellyfishGreen
18-04-2012, 03:24 AM
I still can't believe we're on the current release - has this ever happened before? :O

Anyway, this is my public notice of intent to claim an abandoned cobblestone castle at X -198, y 82, Z -430 that's been uninhabited for over a year. Alikichi and Richma gave it a look-over. If anyone recognizes it over the next week, let me know. It'll still be a castle when I'm done with it, just more awesome. :D

Saberwriter and I are currently working out of the teensy lava-guarded Taunting Castle nearby. We're just north-east a bit from Possum Lodge.

TwinklinPixi3
18-04-2012, 03:43 PM
New video up - and it's one featuring Cat City!!!!
http://youtu.be/bpCktCGyek0

Xerian
18-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I still can't believe we're on the current release - has this ever happened before? :O

Anyway, this is my public notice of intent to claim an abandoned cobblestone castle at X -198, y 82, Z -430 that's been uninhabited for over a year. Alikichi and Richma gave it a look-over. If anyone recognizes it over the next week, let me know. It'll still be a castle when I'm done with it, just more awesome. :D

Saberwriter and I are currently working out of the teensy lava-guarded Taunting Castle nearby. We're just north-east a bit from Possum Lodge.
Me and Gerb checked it out - And we'll give you a green light - you can have a go at it. Just make sure to stash the materials in some marked chests in your storage if the owner ever comes back wantin' it.
Have fun with it! Make it... Magnificent :3

vivlo
18-04-2012, 09:25 PM
(Just to say Elt teh Helpful Admin did remove the ice i was speaking of, so thank you again Elt !)
and @TwinklinPixi3 : nice, i like minecraft videos ! ...

Robert Swan
19-04-2012, 12:47 AM
And I thought clicking the "upload 720p video" would give a decent 720p. As it is I only got a mediocre 720p BUT at least it fills the screen now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0yU0bkxlqU

Thats the pc version of my xbox game. Just showing how the foreground blends in nicely over the stuff in the far distance, which happens to be randomly picked and not-very-suitable large buildings.

RMA
19-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Playing with lag is bad enough (especially when said connection is meant to be the best home broadband you can get...) When you're next to a lava field, and this means your water bucket doesn't work well, it's rather annoying. To then have all your cats teleport next to you and proceed to jump into the lava one after another makes you MAD.

9 cats lost their lives due to lag and bad programming. Grieve for them. Donations of new cats welcome.

Comrade Commissar
19-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Hey Pixi3 and Phydaux, seen the video where you play on a Tekkit server and thought you might find it interesting that I've been doing the same and found a really awesome texture pack that works with it.

It's basically Sphax PureBD (which probably everyone knows) with fan-made "expansions" to work with Tekkit.
It's all in the same style of the original texture pack, so it's awesome.

Here is a link to the original texture pack:
http://bdcraft.net/

And if you decide to get it, here is a download link with the correct texture pack in the recommended resolution:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v3n934z33d7nlbb

TwinklinPixi3
19-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks Weed, we'll give them a look at :) Hope you enjoyed the video :)

vivlo
20-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey !

pro tip of the day : don't have a redstone testing room right over a lava lake.

TwinklinPixi3
21-04-2012, 04:02 PM
New Cat City video is up if you wanna check it out :) http://youtu.be/NB349YRn2EA

J.B.
21-04-2012, 06:27 PM
New Cat City video is up if you wanna check it out :) http://youtu.be/NB349YRn2EA

Weird, I'd subscribed but I didn't get an email. I've unsubbed and immediately resubbed. Fingers crossed it'll work next time!

PS- Thanks again for pointing me at Absolute 90's ;)

TwinklinPixi3
22-04-2012, 02:05 PM
hehe - yeah Absolute 90's rocks!

Hope you get notifications now :)

vivlo
23-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Creeper explosion in Plopwood, stating here so i remember to come back and repair later

thaspius
26-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Could I get added to the whitelist? MC name thaspius

vivlo
28-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Hey, so...
just a note : plopwood OK now, but on the way visiting dB ShrumHaus real estate or something, a creeper made what creepers are best at.
So it's all sorted out now, but if the original conceiver of this (wonderful) open-air exhibit room wants to check of everything's alright : creeper creeped at the House for Tall People, some of shroom was exploded replaced it panel did explode too replaced it as well i didn't remember the exact words did the best i could also another creeper creeped in the center of all mush-rooms but it was only dirt then. and it's a really neat place ! but if you visit beware creepers.
just in case

RMA
28-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Whitelisted you thaspius.

On another note, I have broken minecraft by growing trees too high. Bedrock has been destroyed as a result. My gate somehow still works despite some obsidian being replaced by leaves...come have a look for the weirdness.

saberwriter
29-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know we've started work on Crusher Castle (As we've called it) So far, we've walled off the bottom levels (Creepers, zombies, and a slime!) And set up a basic work area on the main floor. JFG, if you're reading, I did some probulating on that not-quite a cave beside the castle and I think I've cleared it out. No spawners, just a lot of dark.

Also, I accidentally poked a hole into someone else's mine, co-ordinates -67.06437/22.6200/-451.6013 if those numbers mean anything. Didn't take anything, but there are some sand blocks where I made my hole. Just letting you know.

Patrick aka Saberwriter.

Fiyenyaa
30-04-2012, 03:27 PM
If it's possible, I'd love a whitelist; been too long since I've looked around an interesting server.

Ta muchly.

EDIT: I should probably mention; my Minecraft username is "Fiyenyaa".

Greg Wild
30-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I would muchly appreciate a whitelisting too. I don't post much on the forums here, but most people know me as being one of the RPS steam group moderators - StalinsGhost :)

My in game name is Stalins_Ghost.

Comrade Commissar
30-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, I got us some new people by doing a livestream about our server.

Check out the recording:
http://www.twitch.tv/ivansidorenko/b/316681072

I'll stream more soon.

jewba
01-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Hello, fellow RPS reader just wondering if I could be put on the white list? in game name is Jewba. Looking forward to contributing something cool to this wonderful server!

The JG Man
01-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Sorry I haven't been on for a bit since I was last on after my longer hiatus. Actually, I'm posting specifically because I didn't play...

Just had a friend round and showed her the uRPS live map and then explained to her the game in general. She seemed quite genuinely fascinated by the whole thing. She'll never play it, but it's one of those interesting experiences of telling people about your hobby and you find something you can reflect on.

El Stevo
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I whitelisted Fiyenyaa and Jewba. Make sure you read the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ) if you haven't already. Welcome to the server. :)

Nekomitech
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Hey, could I get whitelisted on the sever? I've been exploring a bit over the last couple of days. Username tomcryer

TwinklinPixi3
01-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Can I ask a favour of everyone - if you're considering building near cat city - can you please consult me / Phydaux before you do as we have quite a lot of plans for the area surrounding cat city :)

alms
04-05-2012, 09:58 PM

account name: estuary

Xerian
04-05-2012, 10:07 PM

account name: estuary

Fuck... Thats fucking creepy.

Also; Whitelisted this lad. :]

KirbyS
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
HEY. I VOUCH FOR GhostNTheDark. IRL FRIENDS. I FEEL LIKE SHOUTING.

alms
05-05-2012, 02:05 AM
Fuck... Thats fucking creepy.A zombie trying to bash the door down is creepy too. And when I said "someone's at the door" I was reminded of an old TV show (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gothic_(TV_series))

Thanks for the add.

DWZippy
05-05-2012, 04:13 AM
The BatCave rumbles onwards towards completion and conquering of the entire sea.

Shame you can't see it at all on the live map, beyond a faint glow in the ocean.

El Stevo
05-05-2012, 09:47 PM
The server's laggy at the moment, but GingerBeast has informed me that the hardware is due for an upgrade. This will mean some downtime in the near future, and lag until the upgrade is completed.

gingerbeast
06-05-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks Elt :)

The server is indeed lagging at the moment (had a new site launch, its drawing in 20k unique visits a day extra which is quite an extra load to bear). As a result the server is getting upgraded in the next 24 hours. Sould be happening at about 2 am GMT on the 7th of May. Hopefully that upgrade will give it enough bang to get it back up to the speed it was at before. Thanks for your patience everyone.

J.B.
06-05-2012, 01:12 AM
No, no, thank YOU ginger!

Draakon
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Hey, any change I could be added to the whitelist? My MC name is "andre1". Thanks in advance.

El Stevo
08-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I just whitelisted you, Draakon. Make sure you read the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ) if you haven't already. Welcome to the server. :)

Siddin
09-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Question: I captured some farm animals to set up a farm underground, but when I try to use the eggs the animal doesn't spawn. Is this because I'm still on probation?

EDIT: question solved. Turns out spawn eggs need a spawn block to work.

gingerbeast
09-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Hi guys,

Just an update on the server front. I've had to purchase a significantly more powerful server to handle the new spikes in load the old one is experiencing. You shall be pleased to hear that the new server is 3-4 times as powerful as the current one. This will unfortunately mean some downtime for the server whilst I move the map files across and start it up on the new server. This will be kept to an absolute minimum, maximum of a few hours. Also if you make any changes to the wiki in the next 24 hours they may be lost, so probably best to stay off it for a little bit :) If some changes are lost let me know when the new server is setup as I can access the old server files for a day or two afterwards :)

Also whilst I was on the topic I thought I would do a plug for some server funds to help pay for it all, totally optional absolutely no pressure :D Any money received goes directly towards covering the costs of the server and donations can be sent via paypal too -

donate@urps-minecraft.co.uk

Many thanks,
Ginger :)

KirbyS
09-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Heyyyyy Elt, I posted on the last page a request to whitelist GhostNTheDark and it got kinda buried :P lol

Gerbster
10-05-2012, 01:44 AM
For those who aren't feeling great in life, here is something to cheer you up:

http://new.livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/MirandasKittens

Thanks to rob for the link.

DRoseDARs
10-05-2012, 08:05 AM
*Starts live feed video*
*Kitten anus in my face*
*Ends live feed video*

gingerbeast
10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
currently making a server transfer - as a result I don't think the server is online at the moment - will be back soon enough though :)

gingerbeast
10-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Alright - should have the latest version back and running - try it now. If you cant access through urps-minecraft.co.uk use the IP -
109.73.168.114 (http://109.73.168.114/)

until the DNS propogates

DWZippy
10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Batcave now has 150% more easter eggs. Big thanks to Capernatious for pitching in and helping to make the batcave something special.

RMA
10-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Can't seem to connect right now, to the IP or url.

KirbyS
10-05-2012, 10:56 PM
I have the same problem as ^^^

Siddin
11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
There were some problems with server traffic, I believe. Everything works again now.

gingerbeast
11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Having struggled for a few days I have found the server a permanent home with low traffic and a delicious amount of RAM (and an i3 processor (with HT) dedicated to it). So the servers now got 16GB of RAM to stretch its legs on (I've reserved 4GB for a backup service im running :P)

So the IP address until the DNS propogates is -

Enjoy :)

Siddin
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Party time! \o/

Xerian
12-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Party time! \o/

PAAARTEEEEH RESPONSIBLY!
... Or is it hard? I can never seem to get it right...

dyst
12-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Could someone whitelist me please? My in game name is Murdouken. Trying to play with 09 and Gunrun.

Siddin
12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
PAAARTEEEEH RESPONSIBLY!
... Or is it hard? I can never seem to get it right...

It's both. But the hard part is more important!

Nine
13-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Could someone whitelist me please? My in game name is Murdouken. Trying to play with 09 and Gunrun.
09 here, I can vouch for Murdoken.

Liqourish
13-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I would also like to be whitelisted, would love to play with you people. Name's Liqourish.

Nine
13-05-2012, 04:16 PM
I would also like to be whitelisted, would love to play with you people. Name's Liqourish.
09 here again, vouching for this guy as well :)

Comrade Commissar
13-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I apparently have lost the old PSD of the uRPS logo we use in the first post, so I made a new one with the new Minecraft logo.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hqywlx.png

Put in first post, ja?

Xerian
13-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I apparently have lost the old PSD of the uRPS logo we use in the first post, so I made a new one with the new Minecraft logo.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hqywlx.png

Put in first post, ja?
Luvli lookin' thing init.
And I'll go ahead and whitelist you gits, if noones beat me to it :)

gingerbeast
13-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Just an FYI - something broke the wiki, no idea what, could have been me, could have been some content (it was probably me). Anyways I've fixed it, but its a version from 2 days ago, the database is the same as before though, so hopefully no contents gone. If there is tell me, I'll get it back (I took a backup after I broke it!).

Bassem
13-05-2012, 11:48 PM
I'd like to be whitelisted.

KirbyS
15-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Richma+ My base + Creepers = HOLES EVERYWHERE.

x25killa
15-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Posting to say hi there, thanks for the whitelist! I shall be living near the public farms.

Zyconis
16-05-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm new to the RPS community and I'd love to be added to the whitelist!

I HATE to double post, but I have no idea how to (or even if you can) edit a post. I completely forgot to add that my Minecraft name is the same as my forum name, Zyconis.

*EDIT* Realized I wasn't logged in, and that's why I couldn't see the edit button :P

RMA
16-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Promoted Zyconis, he seems intelligent. :D

Porkolt
16-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Hiya, I'd like to be whitelisted.

Minecraft name is also Porkolt.

DaedricDragoon
19-05-2012, 01:15 AM
I would like to be whitelisted, my Minecraft username is DaedricDragoon. My brother Zyconis is already on the server and I would enjoy being able to play with him and the rest of the community.

RMA
19-05-2012, 03:46 AM
My big massive hole/skyscraper is now open for anyone wanting to add stuff to it. Xerian has taken the top floor for a multitude of gardens. Floors have 18 blocks of space to play with generally. Time to make it all something useful. Also going to start making the outside more petty than just smoothstone.

Also, whitelisted you DD.

ekuurh
19-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I heard I need to post here to be whitelisted, so.... post :)
Nickname "ekuurh", ask Bassem, I'm alright ^^

DWZippy
22-05-2012, 03:29 PM
RMA, definately sounds like the sort of thing Wayne Industries could work with..

jkforty7
22-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Getting a "communication error" when I try to join. Any one else have a problem connection today?

Danny252
22-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Same here - host's reachable via pings, so suspect it's just the minecraft bit that's dead.

ekuurh
22-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi guys, it's everyone's favorite Ekuurh, Ekuurh!
Just so you know, I'm living in the far east, about 2 minutes of a walk south of the public farm. You're all welcome to check out my place, and if you wanna build together or just chill with the ONLY ekuurh featured in this server (validated for 22/5/2012), PM me or respond here.
Few more stuff:
If you need a redstone expert - at the fee of 4 sandwiches an hour, make it 5 and i'm in.
Having weird stuff with the server - with it being offline and all. Does anyone know whether this is being repaired?

*Kudos to the awesome mod staff*

jkforty7
22-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Same here - host's reachable via pings, so suspect it's just the minecraft bit that's dead.

The wiki and the live map are both up so that's cool. I guess I can spend some time doing some documentation.

vivlo
22-05-2012, 08:44 PM
communication error too. how sad.
@ekuurh : seems we'll be neighbours then :) that Public Farm area is really getting overcrowded !

saberwriter
23-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Communication Error here too, and I finally got straightened out on what -not- to do at Crusher Castle :-(

DWZippy
23-05-2012, 09:10 AM
After much consideration. Wayne Enterprises has decided that a gigantic skyscraper may be neccessary, to better conceal the BatCave

El Stevo
23-05-2012, 10:24 AM
The server's back up. Automatic restarts are going again now, which hopefully will stop Java crashing.

ekuurh
23-05-2012, 10:31 AM
woohoo! server's on!

ekuurh
23-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Is the server working for you guys? Seems not to work to me, but says 4 people are online.
*EDIT*: Never mind, works.

DWZippy
24-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Wayne Manor started completion today. Thanks to the contractors that pitched in and assisted!

Guilt is a rope
26-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Hello, I would like to be considered for white listing please, My game name is thing_of_beauty.

Many thanks

Byrd
27-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey, I too would like to be whitelisted for building. My minecraft name is ByrdD3, and I'm happy to accept the rules and not be a dick :)

Gramarye
27-05-2012, 10:14 PM
And I would like to be whitelisted as well. RPK actually got me into Minecraft (and RPK itself) with Mine the Gap almost two years ago. My Minecraft name is Gramarye.

I like that the rules are simple and reasonable enough to be effectively summarized as "don't be a dick". :)

Gerbster
28-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey guys, just passing by to say I haven't forgotten about this wonderous server, but I'm completely swamped by work right now. Missing you all!

El Stevo
29-05-2012, 05:15 PM
ByrdD3, thing_of_beauty and Gramarye are all whitelisted. Welcome to the server. :)

Porkolt
31-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Guys I accidentally broke the fountain at the Nova Market spawn portal and I have no idea how to fix it. Now though th resulting magma pillar looks cool, it probably wasnt the intended idea. Hope one of you can fix it, I feel kinda guilty.

JellyfishGreen
06-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Gorram finicky, fickle, non-lava-proof cats. Who needs them to creeper-guard your castle anyway? Not me. Hmpf.
;_;

Gramarye
08-06-2012, 05:28 AM
During a long journey: I nearly starved to death. Ate a spider eye for sustenance. Couldn't find my house. My first kitten died in a fire. Then...it started to snow.

Oh how I missed you Minecraft. :)

Danny252
11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Whose are the tower of mushrooms and nearby (what can only be described as) dicktowers (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Rules#Do_not_leave_dicktowers_or_dickpaths.) in RPS Nova? The 'shroom one isn't too bad, but the others are causing me to frown every time I wander through town :(

Stuie
12-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Can I get whitelisted please? Minecraft user is "Stuie_"

Siddin
12-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I've got someone with problems accessing the forums (He can't log in anymore and didn't fill in 'Jim' as the answer to his secret question, ha) who would like to be whitelisted. I can vouch for him. Username is 'madtoaster55'.

Gerbster
12-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Danny, don't be too harsh, they are just natural extensions of very early towers. They are part of the history of the server :)

Siddin
13-06-2012, 10:14 AM
A couple things: The 'Welcome to New Spawn' message now reads '├Welcome to ├New Spawn├!'.

http://i.imgur.com/ItI37.png
In NyanCat Bay, a huge chunk of the walkway leading to the observation deck to the west is missing. I fell through while exploring. Large parts of the stairs leading up to the walkway are missing, too.

http://i.imgur.com/5OREN.png

http://i.imgur.com/0rX27.png

http://i.imgur.com/FOzCk.png

And God seems to be repeating himself a tad... Twice, to be precise. I fear he's growing too old.

TwinklinPixi3
13-06-2012, 11:07 PM
looks suspiciously like griefing to me :(

Mistabashi
13-06-2012, 11:49 PM
As far as I can tell, it was just never completed. I'll go and finish it up when I get a minute.

Danny252
14-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Danny, don't be too harsh, they are just natural extensions of very early towers. They are part of the history of the server :)

Really? I thought they only appeared quite recently, digging large holes in the ground has obviously made me oblivious to what's actually upstairs!

Also, thanks to whoever took some time to work on the bit of the NW road I added - I'll go out on a limb and guess it might've been a very eager Mistabashi continuing on from Nyancat Bay? :)

Gerbster
15-06-2012, 09:43 PM
@Danny - they have always been there, but only recently extended upwards after the map height limit was extended. RPS Nova is odd like that :)

I am also happy to announce that Trout County will soon qualify for a Mammalia Embassy and addition to Town Net.
If anyone else has done a large towny area and would like to be considered for the honour, let me know!

Danny252
15-06-2012, 10:11 PM
I shall accept their presence and/or just go "ooh mushrooms!" then :)

Is it possible that we could have different symbols for all the portal networks on the dynamic map? E.g. everything on North Hub is, say, a big N; everything on Town Net is Gerb's beautiful face, or something? Just to make it easy to work out what's where without having to deselect all the networks one by one. Also, I'm guessing that new portals have to be marked on the map manually?

Also, enjoy these randomly generated columns I found whilst roadbuilding today:

vivlo
16-06-2012, 06:09 PM
lol @Danny :D
those are meta-dick towers. A monument, there to exorcise the server from any other dick tower. A totem to an evil god,there to satisfy him and make sure he doesn't harm.

edit : ah, seems i replied to last page, not seeing there was this page too.

pilot13
17-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey, this server looks like fun, so would like to get put on probation/whitelist. Minecraft name is pilot13.

El Stevo
17-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Pilot13 whitelisted. (I also did Stuie_ a few days ago and forgot to say.) Welcome.

Gerbster
18-06-2012, 08:26 AM
I'll take a peek at the docs about altering hub icons, although I think we'd have to do custom ones, and only server admins can do that.

Anyway, I am back with more time now, so hope to see you all around again. I am making a big push to finish myskyscraper (especially now I have competition from Eltagno's Nad - seriously, go to New Babel on the South network to see!), and I should be able to offer luxurious duplexes and triplexes to all and sundry very soon :)

Danny252
18-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Anyone want this Zombie spawner I dug up last night? Comes with free zombie egg and 17 servings of zombieburgers!

J.B.
18-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I may well be up for that Danny, what can I give you for it?

Danny252
19-06-2012, 07:01 PM
It's just cluttering up my inventory, come and take it off me sometime - getting some free space to hide things again is all I'm after!

J.B.
19-06-2012, 07:03 PM
You're a gent, I'll try to get on later today!

Danny252
22-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Sorry I've not caught you over the last few days - probs not going to pop on until Sunday, so if you're planning to sit around waiting for me before them, it won't be too productive!

J.B.
23-06-2012, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't worry m8, I've not been on either. Stupid real life getting in the way a bit. Hopefully catch you Sunday, have a good weekend!

Gerbster
23-06-2012, 07:40 AM
The residential part of My skyscraper is now open for claiming - just stick a sign above the front door of the floor you want :)
Located at New Babel off the south hub.

DWZippy
23-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Gerbster - the underground town of BatCave would like to be considered for a mammalia embassy.

mingleflorp
25-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey! I'm relatively new to Minecraft, and would like to be whitelisted. Minecraft name mingleflorp.

Gerbster
26-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Ummmmm where exactly IS the bat cave? :)

DWZippy
26-06-2012, 12:55 PM
You'll have to see me or Cap online I think - as it's hidden below wayne manor, and has a few hidden entrances.

El Stevo
26-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Hey! I'm relatively new to Minecraft, and would like to be whitelisted. Minecraft name mingleflorp.
Done. Welcome to the server. :)

DWZippy
26-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Thinking of holding a reception at Wayne Manor as a sort of "meet and greet" chat for people on the server to get to know each other - basically just a bit of an uRPS meet up - Would that appeal to anyone?

Danny252
26-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Sounds cool, in a rich upper-class cocktail party kinda way! Will monocles be mandatory?

Danny252
26-06-2012, 07:28 PM
In ur thread, double postin'.

Any change we could get the NoLagg mod (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nolagg/?page=8) thrown into the server? It's got some random server-lag-removery-features, but what I'm interested in is the chunk loading optimization (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nolagg/pages/nolagg-chunks/) - it attempts to load chunks in front of the player first, since if you're that close to an unloaded chunk, you're probably walking forwards. I used it on a three-person server for a while and it did seem to improve things, I absolve myself of blame if adding it to uRPS breaks everything though.

mingleflorp
27-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Done. Welcome to the server. :)

Many thanks, El Stevo. I'm glad to be part of the community!

DRoseDARs
29-06-2012, 07:23 AM
A wild DRoseDARs appears. He uses # instead of &. It's super not-effective...

Xerian
29-06-2012, 12:45 PM
A wild DRoseDARs appears. He uses # instead of &. It's super not-effective...
The wild DRose has been missed, its appearence is super effective!
-Hai :]

Gerbster
29-06-2012, 06:21 PM
So now the questionis, if Drose returns once every 2 months or so, will he finish the floor he claimed in the Nad before you, Xerian :)

Xerian
30-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Need I say this? Eat my shorts.
There, it was said. ;)
Okay I'm sorry. :[

Mistabashi
30-06-2012, 01:58 AM
A wild DRoseDARs!?

I'm setting-up traps right now. We'll catch him soon enough, his head will adorn my trophy wall while his pelt keeps me warm and his meat and bones simmer in the cauldron.

Also hi :)

Godwhacker
30-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Hello, I've been knocking around RPS for a bit and I'd like to be whitelisted. I've read the rules and everything! Minecraft name Godwhacker

El Stevo
30-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Hello, I've been knocking around RPS for a bit and I'd like to be whitelisted. I've read the rules and everything! Minecraft name Godwhacker
Whitelisted. Welcome. :)

Godwhacker
30-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Whitelisted. Welcome. :)

Excellent, many thanks!

Gerbster
02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
I can't seem to connect, I get time outs from the server, although I am now (sadly) watching eltagno move around on the dynamic map :(

Egg-Zoo-Bear-Ant Will91
03-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Hey I'd like to be whitelisted. littlewilly91 is the name. Big plans involving the north. Read the rules and liked them.

EDIT: Thanks!

Gerbster
03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Tall buildings! Come visit New Babel on the South Hub, for wonderous sights.
Apartments and floors available!

Gerbster
05-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Elt, I just did a quick browse over the wiki, and deleted a few spam pages, but bugger me - the sheer amount of spam accounts getting created… dunno how that is happening, but do we have mail confirmation and one of those funny word image generator things in place, I really don't remember.

CW390
07-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Yello!
I'm CW390 in MC and would love to be WL please.
I look forward to making amazing builds here. <---(this may sound a bit formal but it's true.)

Mistabashi
07-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Yello!
I'm CW390 in MC and would love to be WL please.
I look forward to making amazing builds here. <---(this may sound a bit formal but it's true.)

Added to the whitelist. Welcome to the server :)

Check the first post for links to the rules, FAQ and various other stuff.

Danny252
08-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Just in case anyone didn't pick this up in the Sunday Papers: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/05/minecraft-game-of-thrones-project-builds-a-blocky-westeros/#gallery-top

Ohmywow.

rustyshakelford2
08-07-2012, 09:26 PM
It it still possible to download the server worlds?

Xerian
08-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Depends, will you come say hi? :]
(And I really have no clue, and Elts out for a weeks time... Sooo... Maybe? >_<)

Siddin
09-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Just in case anyone didn't pick this up in the Sunday Papers: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/05/minecraft-game-of-thrones-project-builds-a-blocky-westeros/#gallery-top

Ohmywow.

Wait. How did they get the shadow AND the water shaders working? I desperately need to know.

Xerian
09-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Well, they've obviously got Optifine (as you *need* it for Sonics I believe) to get a further render distance and then I believe they're utilising Sonic Ethers Unbelievable GLGS Shaders (thats the name right?) Aaaaand most likely post-rendered in a program such as Chunky, Blender or such. (Chunky is very popular atm.) The water reflection is most likely caused by said post-rendering, or else I'm guessing Sonics has it built-in... Perhaps. Not sure, but thats my current theory. :P
Upon checking the water-shader mod, it seems its not incompatible with Sonic, but OptiFine.

EDIT: listed under "Known incompatibilities for the default version:" Waaaas this: "-OptiFine (Install watershader over optifine and switch graphics to fast - how to optifine (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/542215-125-water-shader-alpha-v5b/page__st__5760__p__13344719#entry13344719))" However, with Sonics being reliant upon OptiFine, I'm not entirely sure if it'd work properly - I do remember using both once upon a time, so it should work... Somehow.

Siddin
09-07-2012, 08:40 AM
From said thread: "NO this water shader does NOT work with Sonic Ether's GLSL Shadow shaders yet. The two creators need to work that problem out together."
Sad times. It was probably done in post-rendering, then.

stvornikus
11-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Hey, another minecraft newbie, can I be whitelisted?
Ingame username "unionpivo".

Thanks.

Xerian
11-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Hey, another minecraft newbie, can I be whitelisted?
Ingame username "unionpivo".

Thanks.
Done. Remember to read the rules & our FAQ! - Welcome to the server :]

Protoman
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Hola, _ProtoMan_ is my minecraft username and I'd love a whitelist, please.

Xerian
11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Hola, _ProtoMan_ is my minecraft username and I'd love a whitelist, please.

Hola! - Welcome to the server ;)
If you havent read the rules and FAQ I'll consume your soul.. But then again, as a moderator thats my right and I'll perform it at my sole discretion :>
Um... Yeah. Welcome to the server!

Gerbster
12-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Who is working on the ring road in the north west?
Makes me feel like we should get that abandoned part in the south west up to west hub and finally have the whole thing finished :)

Danny252
12-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Who is working on the ring road in the north west?
Makes me feel like we should get that abandoned part in the south west up to west hub and finally have the whole thing finished :)

*waves*

And yes, tackling the SW was my next plan - though the NW is only about half finished after weeks of work D:

This stuff takes forever.

Gerbster
12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Heh yeah. You are talking to the main builder of the south and east roads, so I know the feeling.
But at the same time there is something calming about such a mindless repetitive task. Odd eh?

Danny252
12-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Oh definitely, also helps to get rid of my nice collection of stone :)

(I say that, I need to go mining again to get enough... Yay digging holes!)

Danny252
14-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Trout, Agent Trout requested a nice pretty diagram of my new Smoothstone Generator, The Stone Mashing On Obsidian Through Hydraulic STone Origination Nexus Experiment (SMOOTHSTONE), located in Dannysbase off Northhub 1 for those interested

Generator (http://i.imgur.com/ec6EN.png)

Diagram (http://i.imgur.com/YVTCa.png)

Diagram key
Left Panel - vertical profile of generator, 2 blocks thick
Black - Nonflammable block
Brown - Piston of relevant facing
Purple - Obsidian
Green - Magnet chest (/cmagnet on)
Blue - Water source
Red - Lava source

Water flows through top tC2 to bottom bC2. Lava drops to bottom bC2. Smoothstone!

Piston bD2 pushes stone to bB2. Piston bB3 crushes stone against Obsidian bB1.

Immediately before Piston bD2 fires, top Piston tC3 crushes any object in top tC2 against Obsidian tC1. Sometimes the lava/water flow get messed up (woo lag) and the smooth stone gets generated here instead. You can omit this piston/obsidian pair, but you'll occasionally need to rescue the system with your pick.

Oh, and you'll want to contain the lava on the other side. You can also pile as many of these as you want horizontally

Right hand diagram is a top-down circuit diagram. Arrows+numbers are repeaters+settings. If you want an on/off switch and pulse generator (and a way to separate the two), you can just copy what's sat in my base :)

Gerbster
14-07-2012, 05:22 PM
How did you maange to get pistons crushing when pointing upwards? We tried to get that to work but it failed :(
Apart from that we have our own smooth stone generators - the most public example is Mr Eltagno's in Skullbread. Very similar naturally :)

Danny252
14-07-2012, 11:36 PM
By, uhm, placing an upwards-facing piston and an obsidian block in the relevant place!

Gerbster
15-07-2012, 03:46 AM
we tested that out and for some reason it didn't work.
However, I did later get it to work, but as Agent Trout will attest, it stopped working (refused to crush the block - piston stayed in). Then, just by rearranging shit, it worked!
Hopefully I can now rework it to get them underneath (they currently are on top crushing down). Hurrah!

So now I have a reasonably quick smooth stone generator that never locks up (although it does produce low quantities of cobble - roughly 1 block in 5 stacks of smooth). After messing around with it for a day, I finally 'perfected' it, only to realise I had already stockpiled around 20 double chests of smooth stone, so errrr…. not really much use now :(

If people want to see my version, it is in the 'warehouse' in Shrewbil, 'Mammalia' (IE south hub to Mammalia, pass the arch to the local hub and choose 'Warehouse', then go left down the diagonal stairs and the machine is on the other side of all the chests).

Danny252
15-07-2012, 10:29 AM
So now I have a reasonably quick smooth stone generator that never locks up (although it does produce low quantities of cobble - roughly 1 block in 5 stacks of smooth).

Yeah, I get that issue too - damn you, unpredictable minecraft fluid timing!

I have been yelled at by Xer and told not to leave my generator running, else I'll lag the entire server out :P