PDA

View Full Version : The (unofficial) RPS Minecraft Server Thread III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Gerbster
15-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Well if you create tons of blocks yeah, but you can just do what I do - set up chest magnets to store it all.
Bear in mind the redstone doesn't keep going if no-one is nearby, so it isn't massively problematic.

DRoseDARs
16-07-2012, 03:58 AM
...unlike these dummy accounts being spammed on the uRPS Wiki. They keep cropping up, I keep knocking them down. Perhaps we should lock registration down and only allow those who have posted in this or the earlier threads. Looking through the logs, this has been going on for a while now, I just haven't had time to really go backward; really just been checking 2-3 times a day and nerfing the ones I see.

Gerbster
16-07-2012, 06:19 AM
Hey Drose, yeah I noticed that. I haven't bothered deleting the dummy accounts, but I did delete some actual pages they'd posted up, but since I only did that last week, I am not sure how many pages may have slipped through the net months ago :(
Tis a pain in the arse, so yeah I'd see no problem in needing manual activation of accounts.

DRoseDARs
16-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Wait, wut? They'd made pages too? Frak me. -_-

El Stevo
16-07-2012, 10:42 PM
It it still possible to download the server worlds?
Yep, you can get them from http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/backups/

El Stevo
17-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I've banned all the spam accounts on the wiki and made it so new users need to be confirmed by an admin.

Wiki admins: http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Special:ConfirmAccounts is where you need to go to confirm and reject pending account requests.

DRoseDARs
17-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Fantastic, thank you Elt. :)

Danny252
17-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Things I learnt today: Minecraft has Pirate as a language.

I don't think I'll ever change back.

DRoseDARs
17-07-2012, 08:40 PM
It be yarrr and woo... <|P-)

DRoseDARs
18-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Hey Danny, are you able to post ok on the tourism board? You accidentally got caught in the spambot sweep, though I'm hoping I unblocked you correctly.

Danny252
18-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey Danny, are you able to post ok on the tourism board? You accidentally got caught in the spambot sweep, though I'm hoping I unblocked you correctly.

Well I managed to edit my user page after noticing you'd done that in the edit log, so I think it's all good!

Gerbster
18-07-2012, 06:16 PM
My skyscraper now has a name - Starview.
There are still a few apartments available (and a depressing lack of progress from the people who claimed those already there!), and the main part of the complex is almost done. After that there is some more landscaping to be done and the building can be officially launched :)

vivlo
20-07-2012, 02:06 AM
My skyscraper now has a name - Starview.
There are still a few apartments available (and a depressing lack of progress from the people who claimed those already there!), and the main part of the complex is almost done. After that there is some more landscaping to be done and the building can be officially launched :)

errr yeah, errr sorry... but see, i'm in holidays, so... i don't have much time to... play anything else than Dota 2 :p who am i fooling.
More seriously i'll be more active on the server in a bit...

Xael
20-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I'm a new RPS forum member (very, very new, that's in fact my first message).

I visited the uRPS minecraft server this morning and somebody (I don't remember his pseudo... sorry =/) told me to post here to say "hi" and maybe ask to be white-listed :)

So, about myself:

I'm Alex (xael-alex, see what I did?), and I'm from the french part of Switzerland (English is not my mother language, so I'll try to write in a acceptable way to be understood). I'm a student and also a minecraft player. I have for now a private server with some friends who started a few days ago. This is not our first server, but we had great problems with the previous one and we decided to shut it down and begin new things.

I liked what I saw on the uRPS server on my visit, and that's why I'm posting here. I've never been in a big server like this because the one I've visited didn't attract me, but it seems there is nice people with nice idea and nice things to do here, and I'd like to be part of it.

That's it :)

EDIT: my pseudo is QlimaxXael

El Stevo
20-07-2012, 06:13 PM
I whitelisted you, Xael. Welcome to the server. :)

Gerbster
20-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Hiya Xael - one you get a foothold on the server bring your (serious) friends along for the ride - we need more towns :)

zanchito
22-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I just wanted to thanks Wubbles for giving me a tour of some parts of the south HUB when I logged in earlier today after more than a year of not playing. It was really nice!

J.B.
22-07-2012, 07:12 PM
zanchito! was it you who was developing Egypt?!!!?!?!?

Danny252
22-07-2012, 10:08 PM

I swear I've seen these before, somewhere...

Xerian
22-07-2012, 10:18 PM

I swear I've seen these before, somewhere...
They sadly do not taste like pixels.

Xael
22-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I whitelisted you, Xael. Welcome to the server. :)

Thank you very much! :D

See you in the serv, I'll show it to my friend and convince them to come!

zanchito
23-07-2012, 11:14 AM
zanchito! was it you who was developing Egypt?!!!?!?!?
Yes, that was originally me back in 2010, then someone else took over (fine by me, they've created a hilarious sphinx) and now I'm back to see how much can I advance with the lighthouse of Alexandria (the huge square by the sea, it'll be built 1:1) and some smaller housing, theban-themed. Far into the foggy mists of the future are Abu Simbel, a typical temple and the mandatory pyramid or two.

J.B.
23-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the sphinx is something my daughter and I have been working on! Just need to do the headdress now and it's done. I'd always assumed the big square was the base for a pyramid, so I'm glad you're back! I look forward to seeing the pharos, let me know if you want a hand building it. Help yourself to wheat from the farm and/or reeds if you need them. Hope to see you online soon.

zanchito
23-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Why, thank you, sir, and please congratulate your daughter for the really cool (and inventive!) work.

If you people are up for it, we might see about filling the area up a little bit. I have historical drawings and plans for some buildings, small/medium for the city proper and an oasis, and medium/large/huge for the landmarks (temple of Ra, Abu Simbel, pyramids)... The pharos is mostly VERY BORING work and a lot of walking around doing measurements, I'd feel bad about dragging you into that.

I'd appretiate if you saved all the gravel you can find, though, I have to cover a lot of stuff on the base. I was also thinking about doing some creative gardening around: planting redwood trees and trimming the leaves to look kinda like palm trees. Only we should decide the placement first!

What times are you on usually? I can be online around 15-17 GMT and sometimes 21-23 GMT (I'm actually GMT+1)

J.B.
23-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Boring measurement based work doesn't bother me much. A touch of OCD can actually have its uses =)

I can't say I often dig gravel but I'll certainly save any I do come across.

As for times, I've not been on a huge amount recently but when I am on for a decent gaming session it's usually 22:00 onwards (once the girls are all sorted out).

Gerbster
24-07-2012, 06:35 AM
I dumped a chest of gravel and smooth at the base of that big area being built in Egypt - if you need more I have 6 double chests full of it and more being produced at the warehouse in Shrewbil as and when needed. I also did a quick trip around Egypt making it all into a desert biome, but if I missed some do let me know. Good luck :)

zanchito
24-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Thank you, Gerbster, I actually used the stone for the pavement, it was a great help. I'll have to mine some more and I'm hoping to actually start raising the exterior building today! As for the biome, I hadn't noticed any wonky happenings (part of the pharos is in a hills biome, but I don't mind that, it's actually the part overlooking the ocean and the far shore, so it gets rain every now and then, which gives it a nice seaworthy feeling), but thanks for correcting it!

J.B.: I wanted to ask you: there's an underground home right behind my workshop, by the obsidian portal. I'd like to build some housing in that area, can I create a brewery around the stairs down to fit them into the whole thing? Also, I think we might have enough gravel for now, but stone, smoothed out if possible, will be used in large quantities!

Also, I'm also building secrets into the area! No need to move / place blocks to discover them, just exploring around. Right now, there's one, I'll be adding more as the area gets built. There will also be free housing for whoever wants it (mostly tourists I'm guessing).

J.B.
24-07-2012, 08:48 AM
The home near the portal is nothing particularly permanent. It was just somewhere to work out of. Build what you want and I'll transfer the stuff down there into the sphinx paws, no problem! I'll try to do that later today if possible.

Also, I have lots of cobble back at Hollow Hill still, if we get coal together I'll get a bank of furnaces running =)

EDIT: Ok, all the stuff is transferred from the hole in the ground, except for the front door and a couple of torches. Did you want it filled in or left for possible use as a cellar? Started making smooth stone as well.

zanchito
24-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Wow, J.B. , that was fast! I was actually asking in advance, I wasn't going to start the small buildings until the pharos is done. Don't worry about the hole, when the city plan is laid out we'll see what to do with it.

Do you use coal for furnaces? I'm hesitant because of limited availability, currently I'm planting trees and burning wood, gives me something to do in the nights when it's not safe to work out there on the pharos (dig cobble down at the very bottom of the mines, bonus for finding other stuff and killing slimes, harvest wood from the nearby row of trees, which are safely illuminated). Also, I don't like using lava because of the same reason, I want it for decoration/utility/obsidian making.

Please feel free to use any infrastructure I have laying around (furnaces, beds, chests).

BTW: there are a few spots on the sphinx that are dark enough to generate monsters, mainly on the hind legs, head and the back. How would you feel about giving them a little light? Not now, but later on, I could fetch some glowstone and correctly placed it would illuminate those spots without being noticeable from ground level. I actually like it lighted as it is, and most mobs are not a problem, but endermen and creepers could damage it.

Danny252
24-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Do you use coal for furnaces? I'm hesitant because of limited availability

Get a pick enchanted with [the enchantment wot makes things drop more] and, once you start getting 3 or 4 coal from each block, you'll be drowning in the stuff. Of course, if you do the same with every redstone block, you'll need a lot more chest space...

J.B.
24-07-2012, 01:35 PM
BTW: there are a few spots on the sphinx that are dark enough to generate monsters, mainly on the hind legs, head and the back. How would you feel about giving them a little light? Not now, but later on, I could fetch some glowstone and correctly placed it would illuminate those spots without being noticeable from ground level. I actually like it lighted as it is, and most mobs are not a problem, but endermen and creepers could damage it.

I have glowstone left over from the sphinx ceiling lighting that we can use, sounds like a good idea to me. Might need some built into the top of the headdress in places too (when it's made!), I'll see how that goes though.

As for coal, I had some knocking around, there's a load of smooth now in the chest that you took the gravel out of (I'm guessing). I have an enchanted pick or two, so I'm sure I'll get more soon enough.

zanchito
24-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Well, going a little bit fantasy with it, you could make the headdress aout of sandstone and glowstone, alternating in this fashion:

http://www.imperioromano.com/blog/img/ramsesiii.jpg

J.B.
24-07-2012, 02:56 PM
I was literally just thinking that I'll stripe the front face of it! Sandstone and...not sure. Maybe glowstone, maybe blue wool. Probably try the blue wool first and then think about glowstone.

I've added 2 glowstone blocks to the front upper face of each hind leg so far. More to follow when I'm on next =)

Danny252
24-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Whereabouts is Egypt? Someone mentioned the south; is it on one of the hubs?

J.B.
24-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Whereabouts is Egypt? Someone mentioned the south; is it on one of the hubs?

Yep, South Hub.

Gerbster
24-07-2012, 05:35 PM
If you want decorative gold, use glowstone lanterns instead of glowstone - they just look that much nicer :)
I'll transfer a metric shit-ton of smooth stone over to Egypt now - I basically have infinite supplies now as we came up with a redstone machine that produces it - if you ever run out I'll show you where mine is.

If you want the biomes sorted or reverted, just let me know when you are online and you can show me what you want.

J.B.
24-07-2012, 05:40 PM
can you make it an imperial shit-ton? ;)

Gerbster
24-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Done. I measured it using a baker's dozen, to avoid confusion.

Also - custom trees should be that much easier to make now. Leaf blocks you manually place no longer decay I believe, so you can come up with any fancy shape and don't need to use that old rule of being within 5 blocks of a log. Fence posts work very nicely for thin trunks, naturally.

zanchito
24-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Whoah, whoah, fence posts? That's some advanced shit. Like, we're talking NASA stuff here!

Gerbster
26-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Wot zee bloody hell is going on at Colewich. I don't come on for a day and suddenly the area is isolated?
What happened, an outbreak of rabies or something that necesitated quarantining the entire place?
Anti-social Trouty!

Wubble69
26-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Wot zee bloody hell is going on at Colewich. I don't come on for a day and suddenly the area is isolated?
What happened, an outbreak of rabies or something that necesitated quarantining the entire place?
Anti-social Trouty!

I have been chastising Trout over the last week or so about his security proceedures.

A few lectures here and there about the benefits of a wall and substantial, yet tasteful lighting seem to have paid off.

Basically I just got bored of shooting mobs that were attacking him as he was building so moaned at him ... ALOT.

Et Voila!

AndrewTindall
26-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Awkward moment where I've not posted in this topic until now (I didn't even have an account).

Could someone approve my wiki account por favour?

Also, look how awesome my minecraft looks now I have a decent PC:
http://i.imgur.com/GAe7x.jpg

Wubble69
26-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I have been chastising Trout over the last week or so about his security proceedures.

A few lectures here and there about the benefits of a wall and substantial, yet tasteful lighting seem to have paid off.

Basically I just got bored of shooting mobs that were attacking him as he was building so moaned at him ... ALOT.

Et Voila!

Although I've just checked the map and it seems I may have nagged him a little bit too much as it seems poor Fennelz has become an indentured slave, alive solely for the purpose of building a substantial wall.

J.B.
26-07-2012, 11:17 AM
I was watching that wall go up on the dynamic map , they built it really fast. Winter is coming?

Wubble69
26-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I was watching that wall go up on the dynamic map , they built it really fast. Winter is coming?

It is known!

DRoseDARs
26-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Andrew and Zanchito confirmed for wiki :)

zanchito
26-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Thank you, DRoseDARs!

Andrew, could you please post what mods and texture pack are you using? That's seriously beautiful!

AndrewTindall
26-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Thank you, DRoseDARs!

Andrew, could you please post what mods and texture pack are you using? That's seriously beautiful!

Optifine
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders Ultra
Ovo's Rustic texturepack

Also, how come image uploading on the wiki is disabled? I wanted to go about improving the wiki. :(

DRoseDARs
27-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Off-topic: Quick (sorta rhetorical) question for our Brit uRPSians, particularly those in and around London: So, how y'all liking Mitt Romney and his little failboat Rainbow Tour? Lol what a jackass.

zanchito
27-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Thank you, I'll try those!

Looking into the future, in 1.3 servers will be able to send texture packs to clients. Will there be an official RPS texture pack?

Wubble69
27-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Off-topic: Quick (sorta rhetorical) question for our Brit uRPSians, particularly those in and around London: So, how y'all liking Mitt Romney and his little failboat Rainbow Tour? Lol what a jackass.

Well as a HoPo reader and Daily Show watcher I've been well aware of Mittington for awhile now.

I am pleasantly surprised for how everyone just went for him. Boris Johnson is basically a moronic prick but he get's a free pint from me whenever we meet for getting everyone shouting "Yes We Can" on TV.

The interesting thing is that most people don't really care what he said. We have thick skin. But people are more bemused by the fact that "this" is what the US consider acceptable to be a diplomat/statesman.

I think it's a bit much to say he was worse than Palin but then ... I wasn't there. I find it hard to believe but then Mitt has done the impossible. He united the Mail, Telegraph, Times and Guardian in outright LOLLING at him.

Those papers havn't agreed on anything in forever.

DRoseDARs
27-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Thank you, I'll try those!

Looking into the future, in 1.3 servers will be able to send texture packs to clients. Will there be an official RPS texture pack?

Highly unlikely.

Well as a HoPo reader and Daily Show watcher I've been well aware of Mittington for awhile now.

I am pleasantly surprised for how everyone just went for him. Boris Johnson is basically a moronic prick but he get's a free pint from me whenever we meet for getting everyone shouting "Yes We Can" on TV.

The interesting thing is that most people don't really care what he said. We have thick skin. But people are more bemused by the fact that "this" is what the US consider acceptable to be a diplomat/statesman.

I think it's a bit much to say he was worse than Palin but then ... I wasn't there. I find it hard to believe but then Mitt has done the impossible. He united the Mail, Telegraph, Times and Guardian in outright LOLLING at him.

Those papers havn't agreed on anything in forever.

Well, no, he isn't what we consider an acceptable representative of the United States. This is his opportunity to show voters he can handle hobnobbing with other world leaders and the like (rather than his usual 1% rich elite clique)... and he has already failed spectacularly. We the People didn't send him forth, he decided he wanted to go to the London Games and see his wife's stupid horse.

The man is flatly unelectable for President of the United States. Oh sure, he'll get a sizable vote because fuckheads vote for fuckheads, but really he'll never see the inside of the Oval Office.

Danny252
27-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEDFMKjhLRw

Danny252
28-07-2012, 06:17 PM
D-d-d-doublepost!

The NW road is now 99% complete - the only thing left to do is a bridge just west of Santatowne (West Hub 3). Any budding bridgebuilders want to go and make something fancy?

(I also need to finish off my wooden monstrosity down near West Hub, but at least you don't have to go for a swim/skate to get past that bit!)

Gerbster
30-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Congrats and thanks, Danny. I'll try to sort out that last bridge this week along with the embassies I promised.
Where is your wooden monstrosity then, I had a quick look but couldn't see anything obvious...

Danny252
30-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Between "umm" and West Hub (or straight up from Triptych on the dynamic map).

I definitely haven't relapsed and started on the SW road.

Gerbster
31-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Oh that is a relief, or I'd have to warn you about makign the road go directly through the middle of a large claimed area by the slashernick boys. I'd recommend getting their permission first, or re-routing to pass to the south and west of that whole area.

But, luckily I won't have to :)

zanchito
31-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Damn, Prototype 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 came out. They are worse than creepers for building.

gwathdring
01-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Hello. I've never done this sort of thing before in Minecraft. I checked out out the FAQ and the Wiki and whatnot, and I suppose I'll do some tourism next. Other than a small server I set up with some friends, I've only played Single Player. Is there anything I should know other than the server rules and the FAQ to get me started?

Thanks. :)

Danny252
01-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh that is a relief, or I'd have to warn you about makign the road go directly through the middle of a large claimed area by the slashernick boys. I'd recommend getting their permission first, or re-routing to pass to the south and west of that whole area.

But, luckily I won't have to :)

And I would have been a total fool if I'd done something silly like that!

Edit:
Also, 1.3 patchnotes. Yay stuff! New shinies for all your pretty buildings include:
Emerald ore + Emerald blocks
Ender Chests
Tripwires, plus strings can be used decoratively
Logs can be placed horizontally
Wood slabs+stairs for all types of wood
Sandstone stairs
Ceiling levers

Also, boats are meant to be less buggy, buckets and signs stack, dispensers seem to have some funky functions to do with boats/minecarts (will place them on water/rails) and buckets (slurp up liquids), plus apparently MP is meant to be "less buggy" (tm)

El Stevo
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Minecraft updates to 1.3 today, but the server won't be updating just yet. If you want to update to 1.3 make sure you backup your minecraft.jar first!

In case any of you forget, there's a backup here (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/clients/1.2.5/minecraft.jar). That link is also listed in the FAQ on the wiki.

Xerian
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Damn, Prototype 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 came out. They are worse than creepers for building.
Its adviseable to stay far, faaaar away from Prototype 2. Its broken as hell, and Activision fired the developers before they'd finished the PC port, but they still kicked it out the door. (Over 50% of all players are experiencing game-breaking bugs one way or another at one point or another :s)
Orcs Must Die 2 though.. I'm inclined to agree there. :]

El Stevo
01-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Also, how come image uploading on the wiki is disabled? I wanted to go about improving the wiki. :(
Image uploading is fixed now.

El Stevo
01-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello. I've never done this sort of thing before in Minecraft. I checked out out the FAQ and the Wiki and whatnot, and I suppose I'll do some tourism next. Other than a small server I set up with some friends, I've only played Single Player. Is there anything I should know other than the server rules and the FAQ to get me started?

Just jump in. Let me know your Minecraft user name if you want to be whitelisted so you can build.

gwathdring
02-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Just jump in. Let me know your Minecraft user name if you want to be whitelisted so you can build.

My Minecraft username is "sulinde." Thanks. I look forward to visiting the server. :)

zanchito
02-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Its adviseable to stay far, faaaar away from Prototype 2. Its broken as hell, and Activision fired the developers before they'd finished the PC port, but they still kicked it out the door. (Over 50% of all players are experiencing game-breaking bugs one way or another at one point or another :s) Orcs Must Die 2 though.. I'm inclined to agree there. :] Too late. I'm not having any issues with Prototype 2, though. It's still painful to see the amazing potential it has, but that doesn't materialise. Anyway, it's good silly fun!

RMA
02-08-2012, 08:51 PM
My Minecraft username is "sulinde." Thanks. I look forward to visiting the server. :)

Someone's whitelisted you now

gwathdring
02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Someone's whitelisted you now

Looking forward to it. I've been wandering around gawking at things and scouting out unused territory. Time to hit up the public farm and get started on something. :)

gwathdring
03-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I have two questions:

1) What's the protocol for the public mine?

2) I seem to be unable to enter the public farm. I've got a pretty good start on things now from living off the land in the wilderness (haven't found an empty place that strikes me for building things yet), but when I first got on I figured I'd get some food and some wood that I knew would be safe to harvest before wandering off to find Terra Nova. However I was unable to leave the Stargate room to explore the farm. Is this a normal probation thing? If so, no big deal. I've got enough things to get going for now, but I'm curious as to why this occurred because the Wiki seemed to imply that the only thing that's different about probation is how closely my activity is tracked by the server.

Thanks! I've had a lot of fun wandering about RPS Nova, clambering through the wilderness, hugging a creeper, and minecrafting. It's really cool to see all the things other people have done on the server, or to be wandering around and see the remains of someone's temporary night-time shelter. Really gives Minecraft some added warmth. :)

Danny252
03-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Did you forget to open the door or something? There's no restrictions on where you go, afaik. Could've been desync'd from the server and it thought you were half a block to the left or something, it happens.

vivlo
03-08-2012, 09:54 AM
1) afaik there's no special protocol, just... dig ! all you find is yours ! (err maybe i remember a chest for fee ? loong time... is anyone using this now ? you better maybe start your own cave... or maybe there IS a protocol after all, especially regarding torch placement, as to not have creepers and so ?... so you may want to disregard this part, waiting for a more enlightened advice... though one sure thing : there is not easily reachable valuable ore left in public mine)

2) this might sound stupid, but... did you ever try to go through any other door ? cause you see, if you open a door with the left click of the mouse, it will look as though it's open, but you can't go through. You NEED to open any door with a right click of the mouse. It took me (and some others :p) a while to realize... and you sure sound like having that kind of problem, cause there is no special restriction in this farm, that i know of.

El Stevo
03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
You should be able to go anywhere. Viv's explanation sounds the most likely. Make sure you're using right click to open doors, not left click.

Danny252
03-08-2012, 11:43 AM
1) afaik there's no special protocol, just... dig ! all you find is yours ! (err maybe i remember a chest for fee ? loong time... is anyone using this now ? you better maybe start your own cave... or maybe there IS a protocol after all, especially regarding torch placement, as to not have creepers and so ?... so you may want to disregard this part, waiting for a more enlightened advice... though one sure thing : there is not easily reachable valuable ore left in public mine)

Yeah, you're probably much better off just digging around your "Terra Nova"! Anything within a km of RPS Nova is probably riddled with tunnels and things.

zanchito
03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I had problems with the doors too at first. Right click to open and also try right clicking again, sometimes the client desynchs from the server and makes it look like the door is open, but actually it isn't.

gwathdring
04-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks, folks. I'll make sure I'm right clicking ... I can't remember if I was left or right-clicking. The door would open, I'd walk through and be instantly bumped back inside the door. So ... that sounds a lot like the client thinking the door is open and the server disagreeing. I'll give it another go before I return to scouting the South for a place to build.

I had a lovely tour of Bacon from a resident the other day ... rather impressive machinery round those parts. :)

I also discovered elevators.

Wubble69
05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I'd recommend hacking out and away from Nova.

Don't worry too much about immediate set up costs and stuff because even thou we don't use kits on the server most of the regulars will happily supply you were immediate setup materials to gt you started. Just don't expect them to give you full sets of diamond tools and you won't put anyones nose out of joint by asing politely in chat.

When you get to be a bit more known you can start asking impolitely in chat :)

Read the wiki and check out the map and find a spot miles from anywhere and then start making mad and beautiful things.

Gerbster
05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
The east of the map is likely the least inhabited, and Danny has been spending plenty of his free time extending the road network out that way - support a Danny today!

Danny252
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Supporting a Danny works better if you actually pay enough attention to realise what end of the map I'm on!

West end, people, try the west end.

gwathdring
05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I'd love to help with a public project like road expansion. How does one get involved with that sort of thing?

Xerian
06-08-2012, 01:13 AM
I'd love for a road NOT going to my place in the east! And people too! Cause you all know I hate you :).. Okay, okay. I love you, but I'm paranoid and get anxious around people. ;3

Danny252
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I'd love to help with a public project like road expansion. How does one get involved with that sort of thing?

Go and find some road to build!

I've marked out a route for the SW road from near Xalikchotl to just west of Westbridge. There's quite a lot at the southern end that just needs someone to put in all the slabs, most of the rest still needs landscaping/bordering. You can either take a glance at what's already built or yell at me to find out my stupidly OCD methods of building :)

zanchito
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
You can also build something in Egypt, let me know and I can make suggestions. Also, I'd not mind having a road coming there if it was well integrated (again, let me know and we can work something out).

El Stevo
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
The server's updated to 1.3.1.

Gerbster
07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
You can either take a glance at what's already built or yell at me to find out my stupidly OCD methods of building :)Considering the standard road is pure cobble and slabs, is there any non OCD way of building them? BTW roads don't *have* to be this style (note in the south west one turns to wood for a bit) - what needs to be maintained is the size, really.

Danny252
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Considering the standard road is pure cobble and slabs, is there any non OCD way of building them?

Torches every 6 blocks, 4 on diagonals, and a torch must go on the inside corner block of a curve
Roads are 4 wide + 2 border, or 4/3 alternating + 2 border on diagonals
The road and the border should never be the same height when next to each other, including diagonals
Climbs should ideally be 2 blocks at each half-height, though one block at each is acceptable if it's a steep climb
Dirt should never be visible under the border, make it 2 high if needed

You were saying? :)

Also, I've done a fairly long section of sandstone on that SW road, so I am happy to move away from cobble-slab. It just happens that cobble-slab is the easiest set of materials to make!

DRoseDARs
08-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Played a bit of MineZ past couple of days that I could spare a few minutes. One tends to die. A lot. If it isn't the super-zombies, it's the bandits (players who've chosen to be dicks to other players) and if it isn't either of those, it's the starving to death. Food is *really* hard to come by. There's almost no crafting except for making cookies or mushroom stew, so you have to be lucky enough to find food spawns or certain tools with which to procure mushrooms and wheat. You *can* eat rotted zombie flesh, but there's high chance of food poisoning and/or zombification. Better have some milk on-hand if you go that route. I'd probably have fun if there weren't all the snot-nosed little brats going around and killing anyone they can find. Seriously, the servers are hard enough with the super-zombies and the starving and the stingy chest spawns without having to also dodge shitheads with inspired names like l33tf4Gpwn3r and 12344321. My only goal at this point is to live long enough to head straight north to volcanoland. Last night I got as far as some manor deep in the forest, then made the desperate mistake of eating zombie flesh; zombified about a minute later. I like the idea of what MineZ offers, and the atmosphere reminds of the early days of Survival mode, but the lack of civilization amongst the players brought back the terrible feelings of Griefer Weekend and the weeks that followed (though block breaking is pretty much disabled; it's all about attacking/harassing other players). Every moment on those servers I found myself wishing for a banhammer... which is not to say the admins don't wield them, they just bust hackers/cheaters. Everything else was a total free-for-all. Fun is not what I was having, but I want to at least see a bit more before quitting on MineZ.

On-topic:
As for roads, I'm happy/impressed that the work done in the early days of the server has held up after 2-ish years. There are slight variations here and there and that's absolutely fine; gives flavor to various locales. Also: w00t, 1.3.1! :-)

jkforty7
09-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I didn't get banned did I? I can't log in and last night I was spawning a load of chickens so my first thought was "oh no.. Trout's mad I gave him some chickens."

Wubble69
09-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Played a bit of MineZ past couple of days

I jumped on today.

DigHappy almost ruined it by getting me to play on the US servers but sanity prevailed and I found the EU servers and things settled down.

I like it. Agree with all your points about the food.

I HATE the fact that you have to hold and Ender Eye to chat to the shit flinging monkeys but you still get to read their STUPID FUCKING INANE BULLSHIT when you are not holding the Ender Eye.

Seriously I don't give a flying fuck what you are playing on the xbox and havn't you got better things to do than look for other FUCKING IDIOTS on a MineZ server to talk about it.

Wayward
10-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Don't give up on Mine Z.

I was playing with a couple of other RPS guys on Mumble a few nights back and it was excellent. It's very frustrating at first, it took me about ten goes to get to a point where I could even make it to the other guys playing. Once that happened though, the game gets a ton better.

Once you grab a stone sword and some chain armour, the zombies become far less of a problem, and once you have a way to heal yourself, the only real challenge is groups of other players. The higher up you get in terms of equipment, the less idiots you find, as most of the 'l33tgri3fer' types are hanging at spawn killing newbies and are terrified of anyone with weapons and food.

As for your point about food, it's not that hard, any starting town, if you can survive it, will have a bit of wheat. If you survive the first 30 minutes you'll probably either have got some cookies or milk by then, and from that point it's just making sure you stop in enough towns to make it worth it. We stayed in a newbie town for about 30 minutes waiting on chest re-spawns and stocking up on stuff before heading out.

It's really a game you have to play with people though rather than just logging on and hoping for the best.

Xerian
12-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Right so yeah, the 11th - Yesterday for me now, was my birthday. Remember to shower me in gifts next time I'm on.

gwathdring
12-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Happy Birthday! :D

Gerbster
13-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Happy belated birthday bloke! So how old are you now? 13? :D

J.B.
13-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah Happy Birthday Xer, hope it was a good one!

zanchito
14-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Congratulations on surviving yet another year!

Gerbster
14-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Danny, I've just re-laid out part of your proposed route for the SW part of the ring road, to make it pass through west hub (and have a view over it as it does so). I'll be idly working on it from that end over the next few weeks I reckon, so maybe meet you in the middle :)

Danny252
15-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Was there any decent way there? I just found "woo big hill!" and "woo someone's building along the only bit of flat coast!" - same reason why the NW road comes in a mile off, what with all the big sandholes...

The JG Man
15-08-2012, 12:06 PM
I put up a load of signs, but at the tunnel entrance we were working on after you left, there was a serious mob attack and two Creepers did their thing. It took out a chest, part of the path and made the water feature larger. I made a new chest next to the other double one and categorised all the chests splitting them into stone, wood and natural stuff etc. I'm confident I was able to retrieve 99% of the materials, but I'm not as sure about how good a job I did in repairing the path.

Randomgerbil
15-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Hiya guys, I just logged on to the server to the first time. I'll be dabbling in and out of minecraft, so if there's any community projects or builds going on, I'd be happy to help. Looking forward to meeting you all, and exploring the various huge projects on the server. I should mention, My in game name is JohnSulli

Egg-Zoo-Bear-Ant Will91
16-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Woo, found my login again.

Deliverance
17-08-2012, 11:15 PM
hey guys

i logged on for a bit today for the first time in ages. i saw eltagno on and checked out skullbread (which is amazing btw.) i had to log due to bad lag issues but i'm planning on getting back on later. good seeing yall again

El Stevo
18-08-2012, 12:10 AM
I expanded the map! You can now go a further 8km south. Strongholds _will_ generate in the new map area. The seam between the old map and the new map is pretty horrible at the moment, but we'll try to pretty it up over time.

vivlo
18-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Hurrayyyy !!

vivlo
18-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Is this not odd, i typed 'HURRAYYYY !!' and it was displayed as 'Hurrayyyy !!'.

The JG Man
18-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Relevant:

http://youtu.be/IgncJgSbbck

dontmakelemonade
20-08-2012, 05:56 PM
This is where I post to get whitelisted, right? #totalnoob

Danny252
20-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Hurrayyyy !!

10chargoeshere

Gerbster
21-08-2012, 01:23 AM
You are kidding me, maybe 2/3rds is sea? FFS…..

Gerbster
21-08-2012, 01:52 AM
I take that back, maybe 1/8th is land… and why is the new sea level 1 block lower than before? :(
So Elt, is there any way we can wipe and try a different seed? If the biomes are locked in to the old chunks, it would mean we don't have to worry about the funny weather stuff.

I really think we should try another, this is just an outrageous amount of unusable space (and must admit, I was only really expecting a 4km addition anyway, maybe even less). If we ARE going to go for a new seed, it needs to be sooner rather than later so people don't build too much.

And if we are keeping, what is your plan for the join Elt? I will happily help work on a wall, and could start on some simple designs this week.

The JG Man
21-08-2012, 02:34 AM
See, you say unusable space, I say it's a good engineering challenge for the people on a server quite clearly up for it. Resources don't appear to be much of a problem for people. Besides, there's actually some amazing caverns underneath the water. People are just going to need to strike lucky by picking a spot on the sea, digging down and seeing what happens.

Gerbster
21-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Yeah I guess I have been spoilt by the 'old' area. I can see some of the charm of having a large ocean I suppose.
Elt has a plan for smoothing the boundaries so try to steer clear of building directly on them (particularly since any part that borders Mammalia is already claimed by me!).

Danny, are you up to helping Elt and I with the south road extension?

Eltagno, what about a secondary 'central' hub, located in the middle (as close as possible) of the new area, and we set up a similar portal structure to what we have (or maybe just add in some new hubs, say Newlands South, Newlands North etc).

metapompical
21-08-2012, 03:47 AM
I've spent sometime wandering the lovely domains of RPS-minecraft-dom. Can I be whitelisted? I'm symbolblue. Just want to be able to walk through doors. Maybe build a hovel.

The JG Man
21-08-2012, 03:47 AM
I believe OverlookBay (on ExplorNet, which in turn will probably have to be shifted considering it was build on the old border) is in the process of being developed into a hub of some sort. Considering there isn't as much as land to begin with, I can see it not being overly likely we'll be needing too many more hubs.

Danny252
21-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Danny, are you up to helping Elt and I with the south road extension?

Woo incredibly long bridges? :)

Give me a yell when you have some clue where you're going with it all

Wubble69
21-08-2012, 01:08 PM
August the 21st, 2012
Somewhere

My very dear Mister Trout:

The indications are very strong that we shall move in a few days—perhaps tomorrow back to Auraxis. Lest I should not be able to write you again, I feel impelled to write lines that may fall under your eye when I shall be no more.

Our movement may be one of a few days’ duration and full of pleasure—and it may be one of severe conflict and death to me. Not my will, but thine Eltagno, be done. If it is necessary that I should fall on the battlefield for my outfit, I am ready. I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in, the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter. I know how strongly Auraxian Civilisation now leans upon the triumph of the Vanu, and how great a debt we owe to those who went before us through the blood and suffering of the earlier war. And I am willing—perfectly willing—to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this Government, and to pay that debt.

But, my dear friend, when I know that with my own joys I lay down nearly all of yours, and replace them in this life with cares and sorrows—when, after having eaten for long years the bitter fruit of orphanage myself, I must offer it as their only sustenance to my dear little children — is it weak or dishonorable, while the banner of my purpose floats calmly and proudly in the breeze, that my unbounded manlove for you, my darling builder buddy, should struggle in fierce, though useless, contest with my love of country.

Trouty, my manlove for you is deathless, it seems to bind me to you with mighty cables that nothing but Omnipotence could break; and yet my love of the Vanu comes over me like a strong wind and bears me irresistibly on with all these chains to the battlefield.

The memories of the blissful moments I have spent building with you come creeping over me, and I feel most gratified to Eltagno and to you that I have enjoyed them so long. And hard it is for me to give them up and burn to ashes the hopes of future years, when Eltagno willing, we might still have lived and mined together and seen our tall spires grow up to honorable mandicktowers around us. I have, I know, but few and small claims upon Divine Providence, but something whispers to me—perhaps it is the wafted prayers of my villagers—that I shall return to my loved ones unharmed. If I do not, my dear Trouty, never forget how much I respect you, and when my last breath escapes me on the battlefield, it will whisper your name.

Forgive my many faults, and the many pains I have caused you. How thoughtless and foolish I have often been! How gladly would I wash out with my tears every little spot upon your happiness, and struggle with all the misfortune of this world, to shield you and my villagers from harm. But I cannot. I must watch you from the spirit land and hover near you, while you buffet the storms with your precious little Mooshrooms, and wait with sad patience till we meet to part no more.

But, O Trouty! If the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the brightest day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.
Trouty, do not mourn me dead; think I am gone and wait for me, for we shall meet again.

As for my villagers and golems, they will grow as I have done, and never know a father's love and care. Xerian is too young to remember me long, and my blue-eyed Richma will keep my frolics with him among the dimmest memories of his childhood. Trouty, I have unlimited confidence in your paternal care and your development of their characters. Tell my two mothers his and hers I call Eltagno's blessing upon them. O Trouty, I wait for you there! Come to me, and lead thither my children.

Wubble

DWZippy
21-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm very very tempted to abandon work on Gotham and move south to build in the endless sea. Regrettably, I think I'll stick with Gotham, which still needs settlers if anyone is looking for a new project.

El Stevo
21-08-2012, 01:47 PM
This is where I post to get whitelisted, right? #totalnoob

I need to know your Minecraft name. Also, make sure you read the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ) first.

El Stevo
21-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I've spent sometime wandering the lovely domains of RPS-minecraft-dom. Can I be whitelisted? I'm symbolblue. Just want to be able to walk through doors. Maybe build a hovel.

Done. Welcome the the server. Make sure you read the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ) if you haven't done so already.

metapompical
21-08-2012, 02:29 PM
A million thanks! Can't wait to start exploring. Sometimes solo-minecraft is wonderful. The excitement of being alone, of being the transformative force of a little domain on an enormous world. Then it sinks in that you are just here by yourself and the ship left you stranded on this pointless planet and all you've built is a stupid cobblestone cube...

But then I see all that is made on this server! So impressive. Cities, villages, monuments to the ends of that earth.

El Stevo
21-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Just so everyone knows, I have no intention of wiping the map extension and trying again with a different seed. One man's unusable space is another man's land (alright, alright, sea) of opportunity.

With regards to gates, my plan was to set up a hub network identical to the one in the old lands as soon as all of the map was revealed. That mostly seems to have been done now, so we just need to decide where to site the hubs.

Veeskars
21-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Well dang, the game seems to be at 1.3.2 now and i never updated to 1.3.1, could anyone kindly share a jar for that one?

EDIT: actually, i seem to be able to log in fine with version 1.3.2

RMA
21-08-2012, 06:00 PM
A stronghold has been found, and the End has been conquered. It was a long fight with the most powerful bows one can imagine. Portal to the stronghold is on Explornet.

Gerbster
22-08-2012, 12:20 AM
I shall hunt for suitable hub spots tonight.
I reckon we only need 3 hubs, rather than the north east south west and central, probably something like Far Lands, Far Lands South and Far Lands Ocean (or New Lands or whatever).

DRoseDARs
23-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Teledahn established, marker columns placed. Far southeast (true southeast, not false Notch southeast) corner large mushroom island. Construction forthcoming. Minimalist approach to preserve the environment for enjoyment by future visitors. Best seen at night, all the pretty light.

*Note: I found 1 torch by a previous visitor but no other indication of claim. I wish to preserve one of the large mushroom biomes to as near a pristine condition as possible and figured the furthest corner would be best.

Toppometer
27-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi!

Can I be placed on the whitelist please?

username: toppometer

Cheers!

DRoseDARs
27-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Probationary status granted to toppometer; welcome to the server. :)

gingerbeast
27-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi guys,

Just a general message asking for donations to the server fund, if anyone fancies contributing you can use this link -
http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/donate/
Absolutely no pressure to donate, just incase your feel like it ;)

Thanks,
GingerBeast

Lohse21
27-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Now I've been on the server almost 6 months I think, and I most say it's awesome :D

metapompical
27-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Lohse,I wandered around your new hilly spot yesterday. Looks great! I've just started building on the island to the south of you. Do you have any particular plans for the road that stops at the ice lake? I can start a road going towards your place, though wouldn't want to disturb anything you have planned.

DRoseDARs
27-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Elt, question for you: Is the server set up to limit the maximum render distance? I'm using Optifine and it has a setting that allows the client in singleplayer at least to see much further distances, but attempting to use it on the server has had no effect. If there is a hard server limit, I guess I'll just have to adjust my plans a bit. Would be awesome though if we could have higher distances without melting gingerbeast's host... ;)

DRoseDARs
28-08-2012, 06:02 AM
"Oh good! It loops!" XD

http://youtu.be/qO3jygyexAo

Xerian
28-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah Drose, I used to use that aswell, but after the update it hasnt worked for me. So its either the patch, optifine or the server, now which one it is, I do not know. And oh god, more Gangnam style!? D:

Alsooo: That hilly place isnt just Lohse's! Its me and his ;p
And oh god, 6 months? Really? Time moves along so fast..

Boarnoah
28-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Would it be possible to get whitelisted?
IGN: Shardok

El Stevo
28-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Lohse,I wandered around your new hilly spot yesterday. Looks great! I've just started building on the island to the south of you. Do you have any particular plans for the road that stops at the ice lake? I can start a road going towards your place, though wouldn't want to disturb anything you have planned.
I'm the one who made the road that stops at the ice lake. The plan is for it to run all the way south to Overlook Bay. Do you mind if I connect it to your bridge over the Blocklyn Rift? There's a rough structure built already, but if it's a problem I can take it down and make the road go the long way round.

metapompical
29-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Go ahead and take that bridge down and make the road however you want. The denizens of currently remote blocklyn homestead are grateful for roads. For days our only company have been cows and skeletons.

DWZippy
29-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Roads? Pah. Gotham has nothing but sea!

metapompical
29-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Naturally. Bats are aquatic creatures.

Boarnoah
29-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I have set up a small logging camp just south of Terra Stella near the crossroads. Anyone is welcome to come stay.

EDIT: Also a bit south of Fappingrad. There is shelter and resources here but sadly little in the way of food for now.

The JG Man
31-08-2012, 03:47 AM
As you may or may not be aware, there is a ravine underneath Overlook Bay. What you may not know is that it is insignificant compared to the other ravine I found. Underneath Overlook Bay. So, this one has two entrances. The first is the way I got in and originally discovered. If you get to the water-level and at the front of the bay turn right at the dock (ie. head towards the secondary dock) you'll see a little wooden deck I built. If you go round to the side of that, there's a cave entrance with some fences. Go in there and explore downwards. There's a mob spawner in one of the splintering caverns. Anyhow, get down far enough and you find some routes down further. Carry on and...well, I can only describe it as a criss-crossing of multiple criss-crossing ravines. So many splinters, ravines filled with lava and water streams. It's incredible. To top it off, I found an abandoned mine down...one of them. In there, I found a chest with had a diamond in! I didn't even know they did that. Hell, I also found some emerald ore in the caves around them too!

Anyhow, the way I exited was through the top of one ravine which is submerged not too far below water, but enough that you'd need the under-water breathing enchant to make it. Where it comes out is actually buy the small rock face island in the water behind the portal. If you get to the water level and look around it (north of that small island, by a few blocks) you should be able to see a red lava hue. This is, incidentally, near the only manageable entrance to that smaller ravine I mentioned initially.

Honestly, I was flawed. I had to bail as I was running out of inventory, but that place is MASSIVE. Overlook Bay is pretty damn special.

RMA
31-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I've found more than one ravine in that area. It's funny how they've generated in some places. You can easily get lost.

purdz
31-08-2012, 05:35 PM
So I joined in last night after recently buying Minecraft (I know, I know, get with it grandad! I chose terraria to start with...) it was great fun. I want to say thanks to everyone on the server at the time, especially JG who showed me around the map and helped a lot. Also to El Stevo who answered my early n00b questions. Other names I've forgotten but you were great thanks!

I'd only played the single player up to this point and I have to say seeing the creations and teamwork that has obviously gone on it seems multiplayer is the place to be!

So with a compadre who i met on the server I've gone about creating my Jungle home in the new southern area of the map, I've left a sign on the road to indicate where I would wish to join the road up unless anyone has an issue with my location. My house is at roughly 5715,65,1013 according to the live map.

Hope to be playing more with you guys soon!

Xerian
31-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Terraria is a great game, dont be ashamed! :P But yeah, welcome to. You seemed like a nice guy yesterday, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of you :]
And oh god... Your avatar... I used to have that guy as a GIF-avatar on so many forums like 5 years ago... Patting that bouncy red ball all day long..
Anyway, good to have you onboard!

vivlo
31-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello folks !
So, there's this new portal with barren icy lands at the southern south of the south, which is called "antarctic". I have some plans for it, but right after having this portal created thanks to El Tagno, the first thing i wanted to do was exploring other places.
It was short before i went to Stronghold1, then from it to the End. There, as i saw no way back and many many endermen, i thougt best way to get out was using the command "/spawn".

So here i was... slowly dying from suffocation. I fear to reconnect now.
(edit : saved by Xer. All hail Xer !)

Xerian
01-09-2012, 01:03 AM
hail me, my children. my prodigies, hail me. sieg heil!

metapompical
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Symbolblue here. Having a blast on the server! My brother - minecraft name citazent - would like to join. Can he be whitelisted? I'll make sure he reads the FAQ.

Danny252
01-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Hello folks !
So, there's this new portal with barren icy lands at the southern south of the south, which is called "antarctic". I have some plans for it, but right after having this portal created thanks to El Tagno, the first thing i wanted to do was exploring other places.
It was short before i went to Stronghold1, then from it to the End. There, as i saw no way back and many many endermen, i thougt best way to get out was using the command "/spawn".

So here i was... slowly dying from suffocation. I fear to reconnect now.
(edit : saved by Xer. All hail Xer !)

The portal back has some nice steps up to it, actually, just need to search around. And keep your eyes down. All the time.

purdz
01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey symbol, I checked out your farm today and i might have accidentally stood on some of your tilled land, still now that ive finished the bridge and the path from my house shall we build the farm up and make it a public farm for the south of the map?

DRoseDARs
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
So, I finally get an opportunity to just sit down and play on the server over the holiday weekend ... and our internet goes out. And Charter won't have anyone out here until Tuesday. After the holiday weekend. Figures. -_-' Typing from my phone.

metapompical
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Go for it purdz! The land around the barn could be leveled out to make more space. I've set up a mine and some tunnels that link from the ravine at the south to the center of our area. I cut across a massive underground ravine. Just follow the path by my house.

Sorry for the signs in the manor! We should get a village message-wall set up.

purdz
01-09-2012, 10:16 PM
My plan was to flatten it out a bit over there yeah and then separate the animals up maybe and then have a giant area dedicated to crops etc, maybe copy some of the ideas from the old public farm.

Don't worry about the messages, could you do me a favour though and destroy the furnace you set up in my house originally its the one on its own at the top of the stairs I just need to clear some space at the top of the stairs. Thanks.

IllI be on a little later on so can set up the message wall maybe on your side of the bridge?

Im also planning on setting up a port area underneath the bridge. and another house in the Bay near my current house.

Also next time we're both on let's explore the mine you set up..

The JG Man
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I've rejigged the main portal area in Overlook Bay. The chests in the ground have been moved to a new tidy structure housing them in the open space next to where they were, along with workbench, some furnaces and the ender chest which was moved from the side into it. I'm sure at some point we can get an enchantment table there as well, I just didn't have the resources with me at the time. With this, I've obviously been able to smooth out the path a little.

That said, there's a couple of chests and a furnace still at the side of the road that are locked and can't be destroyed - if you created them, can you move them please? I want to get the place looking a little more organised. I've also thought about the fact that the area immediately behind the portal can be used as a portal hub when the time comes; there should be enough space.

Also, Xerian, there's a spot where you were going to build on. Plans on that?

El Stevo
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Someone needs to build a hotel at Overlook Bay.

DRoseDARs
02-09-2012, 05:39 AM
w00t! Internet again, and didn't have to wait until Wednesday. Apparently it was a network outage in our area rather than an issue with our connection. Time for klop-klop...

purdz
03-09-2012, 10:46 AM
So mines combined with my housemates are extremely dangerous. After already dying once with a bag full of diamonds and gold I ventured back down the mine to grab what was left off of my body, I retrieved the diamonds and my pick axe but my other stuff was mostly gone, oh well I arrived on and found more diamonds and replenished the gold I'd lost when I accidentally stepped in lava, no problem I ran into the nearby water then the game died, one of the housemates had unplugged the home plug downstairs, reset it logged in again and yep logged in inside the lava and quickly sank before I could do anything. All my stuff gone again :( oh well. btw symbol, there is a cool abandoned mine and underground ravine waterfall in the mine below your house. You may find bits of my body scattered about!

gingerbeast
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi guys,
I finally got around to adding a bit more information to the donation page about how it all works and previous donations made, we've got enough in there to go happily until the end of October/November (ish) -

http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/donate/ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/donate/)

purdz
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I'll chuck some money your way soon seen as im enjoying the server a lot.

Nice work with the new portals and hubs in the southern lands also nice to see the places on the map too. Ive started off another build area just the other side of the ice tavern in the mountains. It might take a while to build what im planning though :/

citazent
08-09-2012, 06:04 PM
I recently came across this server through symbol. Can I be added to the whitelist? I've read the FAQs and want to contribute. I'm not a griefer.

Minecraft Account: citazent

El Stevo
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi, Citazent. I already whitelisted you when Symbol asked upthread. Welcome.

purdz
09-09-2012, 12:28 AM
You gonna come help us build citazent? Me and symbol got a nice little area there, plenty of space for you to set up your first house definitely.

Im currently away building somewhere else but i pop back to blocklyn to help out every now and then.

Gerbster
12-09-2012, 07:48 AM
As a coincidental aside, if you guys have paid any attention to the publicity in the loader, you may have seen some blurb about Minecraft Explorer Pro and Minecraft Seeds Pro (both for iOS).

Now by pure coincidence, I got talking to the programmer of the Seeds program, and he gave me a free code (not going to cough up a whole $1!), and I took a look. The program is really popular and features a loooot of bad builds, so I may upload some of our best ones there - they'd easily get into the top 10-20 :)

The more interesting thing is they are going to add a publish / rate server feature very soon, and he may be able to get me free publicity (not to mention the quality is so awesome anyway we'd get people coming in to look), and the question is:

Do we want this? Bear in mind this would be in the mojang official app :)

Wubble69
12-09-2012, 10:53 AM
As a coincidental aside, if you guys have paid any attention to the publicity in the loader, you may have seen some blurb about Minecraft Explorer Pro and Minecraft Seeds Pro (both for iOS).

Now by pure coincidence, I got talking to the programmer of the Seeds program, and he gave me a free code (not going to cough up a whole $1!), and I took a look. The program is really popular and features a loooot of bad builds, so I may upload some of our best ones there - they'd easily get into the top 10-20 :)

The more interesting thing is they are going to add a publish / rate server feature very soon, and he may be able to get me free publicity (not to mention the quality is so awesome anyway we'd get people coming in to look), and the question is:

Do we want this? Bear in mind this would be in the mojang official app :)

None of that made the slightest bit of sense to me aside from the words Minecraft.

I also thought we were supposed to be deliberately obscured from the main Maincraft community on purpose.

Obscured but not Isolated, meaning effort was required to find out we exist rather than every Tom, Dick and Harriet pitching up.

Gerbster
12-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I agree to a certain point, although it has been a subject of discussion over the ages about whether and how we do some publicity. The idea would not be to flood the server with anyone who wants in, we'd still maintain our standards, but just to have a bit more life on the server.

Anyway, this point is why I posted here, to see what others thought :)

purdz
12-09-2012, 03:05 PM
It would be great to have more people on the server at any time but again having too many people could lead to a bit of griefing or problems, leading in turn to the admins having to do a lot of work rather than enjoying the game themselves.

It would also be hard to vet that many people with the current whitelist system no?

Still I'm all for having more people around as long as they dont start 'feefin ma diamondz!'

Also, can someone explain to me how the hell the elevator in the Large skyscraper at the new lands north hub works. I can't figure it out for the life of me!

Wubble69
12-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Anyway, this point is why I posted here, to see what others thought :)

You are wise!

/bow

Xerian
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I would personally say go for it, as the server needs a bit of new blood and fresh life, and managing alot of newcomers shouldnt be too hard if we do what we've done thus far, and especially not when considering that we should be able to rollback any damage that'd be caused by the rare griefer, keeping in mind that we've had griefers before and will never cease to have them rarely, and we could ofcourse have a harsher screening-process for none-RPS'ers, where we simply ditch the dirt and keep the gold, so to speak.. And we could, ofcourse just have a set amount of time in which we take in new members, instead of all the time (every few weeks, etc, as that'd limit the load on us moderators) Anyways, this'll definitely need further discussion, but I'm intrigued.

The JG Man
13-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Here's the way I see it:

So some people see the server and of them, some go "Hey, that looks great, I wanna check it out!" So they do. Of those, some will maybe want to try out the server, so they come on here to try and get probation. Of those, some might not all pass (or simply decide it's not for them) and then we're left with the final lot of people.

Whilst I don't fundamentally disagree with Wubble on this one and very much share the concerns, I think statistically, it'd probably work out alright.

purdz
13-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Does anyone know how the elevator in the skyscraper at overlook bay works? I can't work it out for the life of me, I'm assuming its magic as i can't see any moving parts..

El Stevo
13-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know how the elevator in the skyscraper at overlook bay works? I can't work it out for the life of me, I'm assuming its magic as i can't see any moving parts..
It uses a plugin. http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Elevator

citazent
13-09-2012, 04:31 PM
My goal is to work in blocklyn, purdz, but it's taking me a while to get there. One does not simply portal to blocklyn, it seems.

RMA
13-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I have no problem with a bit of advertising, the mods are all lazy anyway, they need some work to do. Might be handy to have a mod page so mods can leave notes about new people or something.

Comrade Commissar
13-09-2012, 05:41 PM
People were asking for it.

Here is the Nations at War texture pack updated for version 1.3 with my usual changes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8dl7o6jz6gq0ju

purdz
13-09-2012, 11:01 PM
My goal is to work in blocklyn, purdz, but it's taking me a while to get there. One does not simply portal to blocklyn, it seems.

Yeah you can citazent! You wanna hit /spawn then go to the portals and the first on the left go to Lands edge, from lands edge walk down the stairs to the new lands portal and jump to the north hub, once at the north hub(north hub of the south lands) you can use one of the portals to take you to Blocklyn!

It uses a plugin. http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Elevator

Seems to be broken, it comes up with a code error when i try setting it up

says something about code error please report bugs etc..

EDIT: ignore me it seems that i tried to build a bendy elevator! :D

Xerian
14-09-2012, 01:20 PM
People were asking for it.

Here is the Nations at War texture pack updated for version 1.3 with my usual changes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?u8dl7o6jz6gq0ju

People as in 'A' person? AMIRITE? (Yes, I still love teasing you) and well okay, I'll use it too... Anyway, thanks :]

I have no problem with a bit of advertising, the mods are all lazy anyway, they need some work to do. Might be handy to have a mod page so mods can leave notes about new people or something.
Lazy and "having nothing to do" are two seperate things ;p - in any case I'd say a mod-page of some sort would be very handy if we do go ahead and throw some builds on there.

Comrade Commissar
15-09-2012, 03:13 AM
I'm building a central memorial hall under the RPS Market now and I need some birch and pine wood for the billboards where you can put up a sign to be remembered.

I had noticed that people would put up signs in the style of "Blabla was here. - 10/12/2011" on the public announcments billboard, but seeing as I wiped that one to make room for new announcments (I plan to wipe it once per month now) I figured people might like a central place to put up a memorial sign.

If you would be so kind to donate some birch and pine wood, that would be great.
There are chests to the left and right of the public announcments billboard, so if you could put it in there that would be grand.

Cheers!

Danny252
15-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm building a central memorial hall under the RPS Market now and I need some birch and pine wood for the billboards where you can put up a sign to be remembered.

I had noticed that people would put up signs in the style of "Blabla was here. - 10/12/2011" on the public announcments billboard, but seeing as I wiped that one to make room for new announcments (I plan to wipe it once per month now) I figured people might like a central place to put up a memorial sign.

If you would be so kind to donate some birch and pine wood, that would be great.
There are chests to the left and right of the public announcments billboard, so if you could put it in there that would be grand.

Cheers!

I've got a bunch of pine trees growing in Italic House you can nab (north hub - just keep going NW from the gate and hop over the wall) - it'd be nice if you replanted them but I have so many saplings left over it wouldn't be the end of the world!

Gerbster
16-09-2012, 08:37 AM
To whoever is working on the south road and hit the edge of Mammalia - I've laid out the route I'd like it to take through my land, and there is a certain part towards the end that I want to build personally (it is signposted) due to, well, personal reasons (from just before delly portrait onwards).

I am also working on an alternate south road that actually joins up to what has been built, via the actual original south road.

And speaking of which, who built Land's Edge, and is there any chance of a pedestrian entrance there, since now you can actually get there (pretty much) via walking from spawn, would be a shame IMO not to join it.

Wubble69
16-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Elt put Lands End there.

My FOB Alpha is 30m immediately north.

I put the "straight" path along the edge of the old map to the bottom of the old south road.

I would be happy to deal with making the old south road link through to lands edge.

I'll even use the Road Guidelines set forth by the Road Committee.

El Stevo
16-09-2012, 02:51 PM
To whoever is working on the south road and hit the edge of Mammalia - I've laid out the route I'd like it to take through my land, and there is a certain part towards the end that I want to build personally (it is signposted) due to, well, personal reasons (from just before delly portrait onwards).
You can do all of it if you want. I'm fed up of road building.

Markalian
16-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Hello. This is my submission for the whitelist. I'm new to the forums, but I have been reading RPS at least since 2010. My IGN is geneticmodifier , I look like a brown fish if one would like to ID me in person. I would gladly provide any more details if necessary. According to the wiki, I should mention that I have fully read the FAQ and rules.

RMA
16-09-2012, 05:18 PM
He's promoted

The JG Man
17-09-2012, 02:33 AM
In pursuing the Strongholds, I discovered two things:

Thing the first) Starting from Antarctica (New Lands South) and immediately throwing an Ender Eye, it was leading me north towards the currently discovered Stronghold. This obviously doesn't say that I was being led to that one for certain, but I'm not sure.

Thing the second) En route, I happened across a chasm in the sea floor. It revealed a very deep ravine - as in, diamond level deep. After wandering around, I also found an abandoned mine shaft at near-bedrock levels. There were some goodies, amongst the reachable chests, but I left most of them in (some gold, iron ingots, an iron pickaxe, plenty of coal). I also found a dungeon and know that through my mining, there is definitely one other, but I'm not sure how to access it (just that that volume of mob sounds could only come from a spawner).

To get to the chasm, if you go north of New Lands South Hub, you'll reach two sand islands (if looking on the map, about 2/5 of the way between South Hub and Des Village) - the one on the left is much smaller than the other to its right. I believe the chasm is between the two of them, but don't know for sure. It's definitely tight up against them. Be wary! Access is deep under-water, so you'll almost certainly need the breathing enchantment for your helm to reach it. In addition, when you leave the water and drop in, if you don't follow it closely, it'll be a huge drop and there is some lava near by. I plopped down a few torches, but have no idea what it's like to see them. You'll know my tracks, if not due to the torches, but also the amount of obsidian I've left in my wake.

Beyond the usual suspects, there was a fair bit of lapis and diamond. I picked up 20 ore of the latter, but considering the size of the place and the density of which I collected it, I would put good money on there being far more around.

mr.trout1
17-09-2012, 05:05 AM
hello gentlemen

the situation is dire, and i've been forced to create a forum account to request backup
the colewich autostone generator has been disabled, due to forces beyond my control - was wondering if any genius redstone technicians would be so kind as effect some kind of repair operations? payment can take the forms of eternal gratitude, diamonds, or cake (or a diamond cake, baked in eternal gratitude). gerb, elt? generator is first building to the left of portal upon entry should any one feel inclined to help me out.

also, wubble, i did some additional work to your upgrades at land's edge, i hope i didn't overly intrude upon your designs (humble apologies are extended should that prove to be the case). will be back to continue the good works at charleston upon completion of cathedral - as per usual however, the scope of the cathedral build has spiralled out, may take slightly longer than initial estimates led me to believe.

okay, apologies if this was a boring first post, thanking you all for your time.

Wubble69
17-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Calm Down Dear!

I just went to check and something called an el tagno has left a sign saying all fixed and indeed it is all fixed.

The JG Man
17-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Having an issue with the repair plugin.

Tried repairing some armour and it wouldn't let me (tried my inventory and a workbench and I made sure I had the correct amount of materials). Shortly after, I was using a diamond spade (fully enchanted, if that makes any difference) and it gave me "Approximately 36 uses left." I was gonna repair it in far less than that, but it broke in under 10 hits. I appreciate the approximately, but other times it's done that each hit has usually come up with a warning, even if it isn't dropping by a single unit (ie. 36 - 32 - 28 etc.) whilst this time it broke with no further warning. Ordinarily, I wouldn't moan about the spade, diamond or not and just chalk it up to stupidity, but considering I couldn't repair my armour too, I figured it was worth mentioning.

El Stevo
17-09-2012, 03:59 PM
What armour were you repairing?

When a tool has Unbreaking it doesn't increase the number of hit points it has, it makes it so there is a random chance of it taking damage when used. With Unbreaking III it's a 1/4 chance, so I just multiply the number of uses left by 4 to calculate the approximation. If it says there are approximately 36 uses left there could be as few as 9 (there's no upper bound). This is also why the damage approximation will go down in steps of 4.

Kefirz
17-09-2012, 07:06 PM
hello gentlemen

the situation is dire, and i've been forced to create a forum account to request backup
the colewich autostone generator has been disabled, due to forces beyond my control - was wondering if any genius redstone technicians would be so kind as effect some kind of repair operations? payment can take the forms of eternal gratitude, diamonds, or cake (or a diamond cake, baked in eternal gratitude). gerb, elt? generator is first building to the left of portal upon entry should any one feel inclined to help me out.

also, wubble, i did some additional work to your upgrades at land's edge, i hope i didn't overly intrude upon your designs (humble apologies are extended should that prove to be the case). will be back to continue the good works at charleston upon completion of cathedral - as per usual however, the scope of the cathedral build has spiralled out, may take slightly longer than initial estimates led me to believe.

okay, apologies if this was a boring first post, thanking you all for your time.

Oh, I thought that you made it by yourself and you knew it's in's and out's, sorry about that :D

Ember_Rose
19-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Hello all! I was traveling around the server, was inspired by the creativity and would like to join in a bit of the building :) I have read (and understand!) the FAQ and the rules and would like this be considered my request to be white-listed. My username is Ember_Rose. Let me know if you need more information.

El Stevo
19-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Hello all! I was traveling around the server, was inspired by the creativity and would like to join in a bit of the building :) I have read (and understand!) the FAQ and the rules and would like this be considered my request to be white-listed. My username is Ember_Rose. Let me know if you need more information.
I whitelisted you. Welcome to the server. :)

marqaha
19-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Hello everyone. Its time to stop lurking and start contributing. :)

I had the pleasure of touring your server last night, and Mr. Trout was very friendly. Thanks, Mr Trout.

I have read and understand the FAQ/rules. May I be whitelisted? My user name is Marqaha. Thanks for your consideration.

El Stevo
20-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Marqaha also whitelisted. Welcome.

RMA
21-09-2012, 01:53 AM
IT'S DONE, IT'S DONE! My Pyramid is done!

Lighting specialists now needed.

Gerbster
25-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Hiya, I have a request from sieg06660, he'd like to know the price of each mob to capture them in eggses.

The JG Man
25-09-2012, 03:21 PM
It's 200 nipples/annistons/jenniples.

El Stevo
25-09-2012, 04:32 PM
200 nipples for peaceful mobs, 5000 for hostile mobs.

The JG Man
25-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Hmmm, but other than creepers and ghasts (and to a lesser extent endermen, although we now have access to The End so I'd say that was redundant) couldn't just you capture a wild mob spawner anyhow? Far cheaper.

Danny252
25-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Hmmm, but other than creepers and ghasts (and to a lesser extent endermen, although we now have access to The End so I'd say that was redundant) couldn't just you capture a wild mob spawner anyhow? Far cheaper.

But it does require finding one - I only ever find Zombie spawners :(

miserichik
26-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Hello kind people here at RPS! I have logged in, read the faq and rules and would love to be whitelisted to come and play with you all :)

El Stevo
26-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Hello kind people here at RPS! I have logged in, read the faq and rules and would love to be whitelisted to come and play with you all :)
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server.

Bob The Builder
30-09-2012, 06:48 PM
can i be whitelisted please Sean9Thomas :)

RMA
30-09-2012, 06:49 PM
can i be whitelisted please Sean9Thomas :)

Whitelisted

purdz
01-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I shall return soon to complete my 169th wonder of the urps age, there is some tilled land not far from my tri peaks area is someone intending to use that area? Just because I had plans for the vast cliff face next to it.

marqaha
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
I believe you're referring to a tiny little patch of tilled earth with little or no construction? At the foot of one of your mountains? As Ember Rose and I ran across the wilderness to throw ourselves at skeletons repeatedly we stopped there for a brief lunch. Realizing we were too close to your area we quickly moved on. Feel free to claim that area for your own, jsut pause for a moment of silence knowing that there are at least a dozen of my and Ember's corpses in the little cave beneath it.

purdz
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
It's no bother, id only left one signpost around there so I wasn't too worried if anyone wants to build there. Just thought I'd check who it was so if they had plans we could see each others plans and work out how to go about building further.

Also if symbolblue is still reading here, I like whats been going on at Blocklyn, I will be returning there too to add to my jungle house and help out with the rest of the building but what you've done looks awesome.

purdz
04-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Oooh I found the beginnings of a tree house in the jungle to the south east of my tri peaks area, would the builder be interested in helping build a canopy walk at some point that maybe would join up eventually to a road to the west hub and a road to the ice tavern?

Comrade Commissar
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Does anyone remember who built the small amphitheater next to the military compound in RPS Nova?
I would like to contact the owner.

metapompical
14-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Symbolblue here. I was just exploring South Hub and I noticed cactus resources floating all around the city, as if hundreds of cacti were harvested at once. All of the cacti are gone in the city. Seems like something is wrong.

metapompical
14-10-2012, 03:46 AM
I think it has something to do with biome borders. On the map (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/?worldname=uRPS2&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=2109.724677422716&y=64&z=114.4797027995693), the cacti seem to stop where a new biome starts, most visibly at the farm.

Wubble69
15-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I think it has something to do with biome borders. On the map (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/?worldname=uRPS2&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=2109.724677422716&y=64&z=114.4797027995693), the cacti seem to stop where a new biome starts, most visibly at the farm.

Nah! That was me, abusing my mod powers and dealing with a long standing hatred of the cactus spam in that area.

Wubble69
15-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm getting a java error at the mo trying to the join the server.

Has the server been updated? The message seems to be different to the normal message when the update has happened.

J.B.
15-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm getting a java error at the mo trying to the join the server.

Has the server been updated? The message seems to be different to the normal message when the update has happened.

I think there's a problem with the MC servers on Amazon's end.

metapompical
15-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Nah! That was me, abusing my mod powers and dealing with a long standing hatred of the cactus spam in that area.

Oh ok! I thought I had done something wrong. In the future I could be walking through the Sonora Desert, cacti shriveling up and dieing around me. I was a plague to cacti. But it was just you setting off the cacti plague. South hub is less spiky now.

Gerbster
18-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Who has big coloured sheep farms and where? I am going to need a rather substantial quantity for my hot-air balloon road :)

DRoseDARs
18-10-2012, 09:08 PM
If foggy memory serves, I think the residents of Colewich have rainbow sheep. East and a bit north of the public gate, they're nestled right next to the forest.

Danny252
19-10-2012, 01:32 PM
I have (...or had) the full spectrum of sheep at my Newlands base - although it's only 2 of each, iirc, so it'd take a while!

(It's... Dan Island off New East? Or South? God I can't remember)

rettski
20-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Hey everyone - I'm a friend of citazent & symbolblue. I'd like to humbly request an add to the whitelist. My game name is Rettski. Looking forward to playing!

The JG Man
20-10-2012, 01:09 AM
If you jump on now, I'll be on to do so!

mr.trout1
21-10-2012, 09:19 AM
hey gerb - not sure if you're still needing multi-coloured sheep, but drose's total recall ability is accurate, colewich has all 16 wool colours if you are needing. i also thought that perhaps that wouldn't be enough for your purposes, so built an underground mass white-sheep facility (with jg's help - thanks jg!) with all the relevent dyes in chests on walls - is accessible via the main wool office. feel free to use any time, there are tools in the public chest. :) (also, if anyone else needs mass amounts of wool, they are also welcome to use facility)

Tarcek
21-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi! Im posting to say hi! Would I be able to be whitelisted at all?
I just want to build a humble underground dungeon house, and probably something on top of it. More than likely in the middle of nowhere.
And Im willing to help out others where possible.

Ive read the rules and faq such, and willingly accept them!

purdz
23-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Have you been whitelisted Tarcek? If not the best thing to do is just jump on when we are playing there's normally an admin around to whitelist you there and then and maybe even give you a tour.

Tarcek
23-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Have you been whitelisted Tarcek? If not the best thing to do is just jump on when we are playing there's normally an admin around to whitelist you there and then and maybe even give you a tour.
I was in the server talking to an admin when I made the post :)
Then I got a tour, and a bunch of other friendly stuff

purdz
23-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Awesome, so where have you decided to build? And what are you planning to build?

The JG Man
24-10-2012, 01:57 AM
I've done some work on Overlook Bay. It's one large change, but it's in three parts. By the dock, I've connected the path from the north side of the dock that went onto the brick ledge and made a staircase down nearby so you can now walk in a 'circle' from the top of Overlook Bay north or south for those sight-seers out there. At the same time, I built a 'service lift' in the middle of the brick wall straight of the dock. This is connected with the small path I extended. The service lift then carries on a path that cuts into the cliff via a tunnel before coming to another, much larger lift. This service lift takes you to the very middle of the public resources on top of Overlook by the portal hub. Aesthetically, this means if you actually were transferring goods from a boat to the top of the bay, you can now do so without navigating any steps. Practically, you can now go from the top to the bottom of the bay in a few seconds shorter than if you took the path heading south. Efficiency! It also means that if you're using the lift and someone is getting resources and not standing right by the chest, well...I'd like to think we'd only rarely take advantage of this possible mischief.

I want to take this opportunity to point out as well that Overlook has a considerable amount of real estate available for it. This doesn't just include the top part either, as there is some space on the lower levels on the outside of the bay. There's also some land to the south that should be available. I really want Overlook to be a public space and to feel like a busy spot, so if you're looking for a new location to start a project in, please consider Overlook.

Unrelated, I went to East Hub and decided to check out the WORLD'S LARGEST BALL OF TWINE. Excellent stuff. Well worth the significant trek! Also, just passed that I found the two rather large homages to Warhammer 40K. Definitely carry on to check these out if you were going to investigate the twine.

purdz
24-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Just to point out that Overlook bay is the area around the North Hub in the new lands for those not familiar with the map. once Im done building my Evil lair in the mountains to the west I might build a small house in overlook would be a convenient stopping point for me between my different build areas.

Tarcek
25-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Awesome, so where have you decided to build? And what are you planning to build?
Im building a fortress - I cant describe the location, but if ever were both on the server (I dont know your ingame name. Mines Chilton), ill show you :)

Incidentally, if im vanished for a while on the server, its because im working on conjuring a 1.3.2, because a relative seems to have updated the game while i wasnt here. Grr.
EDIT: And said relative also backed up the bin folder. Disregard that. But ill leave this in for posterity

Danny252
25-10-2012, 01:52 PM
You can get your current coordinates off the F3 screen (x and z are the important ones, y is just height)

El Stevo
25-10-2012, 04:54 PM
As I'm sure you're aware, Minecraft has updated to 1.4.2. As usual, we need to wait for Bukkit before the server can update, so keep a backup of your 1.3.2 minecraft.jar (or just don't update). There's a backup of the 1.3.2 jar here (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/clients/1.3.2/minecraft.jar) should you need it.

purdz
25-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Im building a fortress - I cant describe the location, but if ever were both on the server (I dont know your ingame name. Mines Chilton), ill show you :)

Incidentally, if im vanished for a while on the server, its because im working on conjuring a 1.3.2, because a relative seems to have updated the game while i wasnt here. Grr.
EDIT: And said relative also backed up the bin folder. Disregard that. But ill leave this in for posterity

It's all good, I saw you on the live map earlier building it :D

Gerbster
26-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey Tarcek, I spotted your fortress. You may have noticed that there is fencing around the snowy biome - you inadvertantly built on Mammalia, so your biome is kinda annexed now :D Welcome to the server though, and I promise to finish the road soon!

Tarcek
27-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Hey Tarcek, I spotted your fortress. You may have noticed that there is fencing around the snowy biome - you inadvertantly built on Mammalia, so your biome is kinda annexed now :D Welcome to the server though, and I promise to finish the road soon!
Fencing? Where? I honestly dont have a clue what youre talking about, but id like to know.
Someone stuck me on a boat, and told me to sail until i found land. I found land, so i built there. If someone else owns the land, i demand for everything ive built to be copied and pasted somewere that isnt :P

I do see the fence on the map. What does all this mean!

Wubble69
27-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Someone (me) put you in a boat at Lands Edge and waved goodbye as you sailed off south into the night.

I have no idea how you would have ended up near mammalia from there.

Tarcek
27-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Someone (me) put you in a boat at Lands Edge and waved goodbye as you sailed off south into the night.

I have no idea how you would have ended up near mammalia from there.
This is why im confused. I mean, im nowere near it, as far as i can tell. Im near a road and a wooden fence though, i think. Ive yet to go look up close.
Its also possible theres some confusion going on, though i think its more peculiar territories.

EDIT: It still stands that even if i have to abandon my fort and go build a utilitarian underground bunker somewere, i will, if thats what it takes to not be on someone elses land. *Insert appropriate emoticon*

Xerian
28-10-2012, 12:08 AM
This is why im confused. I mean, im nowere near it, as far as i can tell. Im near a road and a wooden fence though, i think. Ive yet to go look up close.
Its also possible theres some confusion going on, though i think its more peculiar territories.

EDIT: It still stands that even if i have to abandon my fort and go build a utilitarian underground bunker somewere, i will, if thats what it takes to not be on someone elses land. *Insert appropriate emoticon*
*IF* its the case, and its a bother to Gerbster, then it shouldnt be too hard for me, or another mod, to copy your build and re-locate you to another area.

saberwriter
28-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Just a heads up that I may have karked up the stone generator at Colewich; I pulled a switch, water came out and turned the lava into stone, but the lava didn't replace itself (is it supposed to?). I just want to check in to see how to fix this before I go spraying magma all over the place.

I'll happily grab lava buckets and anything else needed, just tell me how/where first.

Patrick aka saberwriter
-Puller of levers he really shouldn't

mr.trout1
28-10-2012, 01:22 PM
holla saber! no worries required, generator is still fully operational - it just looks like that when it's turned off sometimes - i also added you to the permissions for all the chests, so feel free to take as much stone/use it when you needs :)

El Stevo
28-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Where Tarcek built is fine. He doesn't have to relocate. Official verdict.

Tarcek
29-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Where Tarcek built is fine. He doesn't have to relocate. Official verdict.
*Round of applause*

saberwriter
29-10-2012, 01:38 AM
holla saber! no worries required, generator is still fully operational - it just looks like that when it's turned off sometimes - i also added you to the permissions for all the chests, so feel free to take as much stone/use it when you needs :)

That's a relief, glad I didn't bust up anything. And thank you for the permissions!

DWZippy
29-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I need to get back to this and keep working on Gotham. :'(

Gerbster
01-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Hey Tarcek, I was never going to make you relocate, and I don't have any hard feelings or anything so fear not :)
The fence was more to make clear where I'd claimed. I can hardly blame you for building there when I had not made anything clear, and I haven't had time myself to work on anything. Feel free to join your place up to the road and sign-post as necessary, of course!

Deschain
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Are beacons (in the update) going to cause issues due to how bright they are? May need to restrict their use at times since they are visible from so far out, we wouldn't want the more populated areas to have beacon spam everywhere. I'm within 256 of spawn i think, so won't be using one either!

Danny252
03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
256 blocks isn't -that- far away, is it (no idea what the default view distances are, mind)? They also seem to be pricey enough - maybe not for all us rich old bastards, but not every newbie with a wooden pick will be making them.

DWZippy
05-11-2012, 09:42 AM
I might put one into Gotham Lighthouse. I'm a long way from anything populated so it's not really an issue.

karlmarxbeard
06-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi guys. I am a bit of a lurker on these forums, but recently the Minecraft server I had been a part of has finally closed after an incredibly long and agonising death, as people slowly drifted away until it was nothing but a ghost town without any ghosts in it. So I'm looking for a new home, and I would love it if I could get building priviliges on the RPS server.

I play LoL with a few guys from RPS, but I don't think any of them play minecraft here, so I have nobody to vouch for me. If there's another way of getting access please let me know. It's just not the same on single player.

The JG Man
06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
If you hop on the server now, I'll be on there to sort things out for you!

karlmarxbeard
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
D'oh, looks like I missed you.

I just realised that I don't have a backup for 1.3.2. Just got a new mac and I don't have the older version, so it looks like I'm going to have to play on my laptop until the server gets upgraded. The horror!

El Stevo
06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
You can get a backup of the 1.3.2 minecraft.jar here (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/clients/1.3.2/minecraft.jar). Also, have a read of the FAQ (http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ). It tells you all about the whitelist and things.

karlmarxbeard
07-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I have been told by a couple of friendly people on the servers that I need to request build permission. My username is karlmarxbeard , so if I could get approval from an admin then yay.

Also, your server is pretty spectacular. I'll have to build something worthy of it.

El Stevo
08-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server :)

karlmarxbeard
08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server :)

Thanks a lot! Are you the same El Stevo from rllmuk?

El Stevo
08-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Different El Stevo. (And I'm El Tagno on the server.)

DRoseDARs
09-11-2012, 07:09 AM
This one's sexier anyway. Partyboi4evah :)