PDA

View Full Version : The (unofficial) RPS Minecraft Server Thread III

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

TwinklinPixi3
13-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys! Just thought I'd stop by and say I'm still alive and here! I've updated to the latest version and shall rejoin you once you're upgraded too :D In the interim, me and Phydaux are playing on our own little Tekkit server :D Peace out !

Chakawi
14-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Hello, I would very much enjoy to have building rights to the server, my username is Bitjuju. I'm a daily visitor on RPS and a beta buyer of Minecraft. I'm at @sebastienricher on Twitter, that's the real me and everything :)

RandomNext
15-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I would like to be whitelisted too :-)
I read the Rules and FAQ, also pretty much every article on your server-wiki.
RandomNext is my Ingame-Name too, I am a Minecrafter since the early Beta Stages and played on a few Servers.
Would be pretty neat to play with you guys.

El Stevo
15-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Bitjuju and RandomNext are both whitelisted. Welcome :)

RandomNext
15-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Now back to anxious waiting until I get off work.

Chakawi
16-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Great thanks!

Bitjuju and RandomNext are both whitelisted. Welcome :)

Chakawi
19-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I just downloaded the 1.3.2 client, but I get a message saying my client is outdated? What could this be?

Wubble69
19-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Ok There server is now updated. So you will need to update your client.

Mods and admins will need to check in with the other mods and admins to find out an important change regarding Stargates.

The rest of you ... Have Fun!

El Stevo
19-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Turns out the stargate system is only borked if you're in creative mode, which isn't a problem for the majority, so the server's been re-upgraded to 1.4.5. This is using a beta release of Bukkit, so it's possible (but unlikely) that there might be some show-stopping bug that causes the need for a rollback. But for now, enjoy 1.4!

If you notice any bugs report them in this thread. Cheers.

DRoseDARs
19-11-2012, 10:01 PM
OP changed to reflect the server update. :)

RMA
19-11-2012, 10:44 PM
The sand gravity bug has unfortunately been fixed, so no more unlimited sand. Hopefully we still have enough for all the TNT needed..

WedgeJAntilles
20-11-2012, 05:02 AM
There are designs that work in 1.4. According to my roommate, his 1.3 sand generator only required a minor change to work in 1.4.

DRoseDARs
20-11-2012, 06:03 AM
To the Youtube!

OK, looks as simple as replacing a single block of redstone wire with a repeater and presto, fixed.

(OMG, I *hate* people who record tutorial videos but spend an inordinate amount of time flying around and rapidly shifting the focus around for no meaningful purpose other than faffing about until they get to the relevant part of the video they're making. Hold. The. Fuck. Still. or I'm upping your Ritalin dosage to comatose.)

Danny252
20-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Thank god I'm not the only one who hates that - the fact that 90% of them also have no idea what annunciation is, or sound like they're 8, doesn't help my patience.

RMA
20-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Having built a new sand machine after failing to fix a current one, the end of the video I watched then said it doesn't work if you're using bukkit.

So that's annoying.

The opposite of them moving around and faffing about is them speeding through it so fast you have to pause at every step. Easier to deal with though.

domogrue
21-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone!

This is an amazing server, and I've been looking for a new cube home for a while. I'd like to build off in some of the empty space off in the western lands, and after checking out the server would like to get added to the whitelist. Also, if people are interested my first project would probably be a group quarry where we dig large, dig deep, and make a communal gaping hole to the bottom of the earth and use the proceeds for community resources. From there, the possibilities are endless... Lava Spleef Arena?

El Stevo
21-11-2012, 02:58 PM
What's your in-game name, domogrue?

El Stevo
21-11-2012, 02:59 PM
If anyone want some carrots or potatoes to start their own farms, you can get them at Public Farm.

domogrue
21-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Believe it or not, it's actually Domogrue .

Crazy I know.

Gerbster
22-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Since I haven't been around lately, I figured I'd show you what I got up to for Halloween.
The first pic is to show how much I 'sacrificed' for the look - my girlfriend still hasn't forgiven me for cutting off my hair :)
Catwoman is a friend. Lara Croft is just someone helping at the event, and the tiny girl in the last pic is indeed my girlfriend (she also did the clothes, I just made the mask).

Robert Swan
26-11-2012, 11:29 PM
It's been a while since I posted anything. Here's a video taken recently of me and a game I'm working on very occasionally taken at a trade show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgc72LpByHs

DRoseDARs
27-11-2012, 03:57 AM
The stuff being blown up looks familiar... ;-)

Good to hear from you and that things are progressing nicely for your game. Looking good.

domogrue
27-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Whelp, guess who fell down one of those endless holes by the great stone pyramid project.

._______________________________.

Kasofa
27-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm new around here, and would like to get whitelisted. I've read the rules and the FAQ, and have puttered around the server a little bit (but got stuck cause I the purple portals won't take me anywhere.)

-K

RMA
27-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Whelp, guess who fell down one of those endless holes by the great stone pyramid project.

._______________________________.

I did tell you to be careful...

Kasofa - What's your minecraft nick, Kasofa as well?

El Stevo
27-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, I'm new around here, and would like to get whitelisted. I've read the rules and the FAQ, and have puttered around the server a little bit (but got stuck cause I the purple portals won't take me anywhere.)
Whitelisted. Welcome. :)

Kasofa
28-11-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes, my minecraft name is Kasofa, thank you.

-K

Kasofa
28-11-2012, 12:38 AM
ono double post >.<

Gerbster
03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks to whoever meeged the old and new map boundaries (elt I presume?).
Much appreciated :)

Wubble69
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks to whoever meeged the old and new map boundaries (elt I presume?).
Much appreciated :)

I'm doing it gradually at the moment.

A few cockups here and there with the water levels that I'm trying to come up with solutions for, because I didn't notice in time to undo them. (you'll come across a big one in your area for instance out to sea from your road)

Aside from that I'm just chucking down dirt and sand and smoothing it all. You know me ... not the most adventurous person with my squarification :)

I can't login in to the server at the moment but I'll be looking into other worldedit tools than can make it slightly less awkward.

Would be nice to sort the biomes on the seam without making them rectangular but not sure that's doable.

Gerbster
07-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Ahhh thanks Wubble :)
Don't worry about sorting out the water around Mammalia, seeing what you've done gave me the idea to have a string of coral reefs along the border, with the one block height difference being resolved as a tiny waterfall over one side of them.

You can select non-blocky boundaries with the wand - I think you want a world edit command something like:

//sel polygon

then it is left click on the tool for the first point, and right click for following ones. The shape must be convex naturally, but I've used it in the past for smooth(-er) biome boundaries.

gingerbeast
07-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi guys,
The server funds pot ran dry a few weeks ago, so I figured a post on here would be a sensible thing to do. Absolutely no pressure to donate, I cover anything that isn't met as the server also does some web hosting for me. The donate page is linked beneath -
http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/donate/

Cheers,
Ginger

DRoseDARs
08-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Popped onto the server briefly (well, a few hours) to say hello and do jackshit for a while. So many horrid things. The cthuluwards were the worst...

Gerbster
09-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Was perusing the wiki, and reckon I'll get back to updating some stuff on it.
One thing that occurred to me, would it be useful to have a page listing community projects where people are free to build and be part of an area (listing restrictions as well)?

Are there even enough places to make it worthwhile? Off the top of my head:

- RPS Nova
- Skullbread
- That old abandoned town in the north east (Jet's old place) - Squideth.
- Ferret Islands (by invitation) in Mammalia.
- North Hub in the Far Lands (are they New Lands or Far Lands I can't remember?).

Are there others?

Draakon
09-12-2012, 08:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZeKa4.png I'm just gonna leave this here :P

Serious question, are you guys thinking about using mods or not?

Xerian
09-12-2012, 08:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZeKa4.png I'm just gonna leave this here :P

Thus far, its more or less a no. We dont really use any intrusive-ish mods that change the entire core or "meta" of the game. Theres been talk though. So we'll see I s'pose.

El Stevo
10-12-2012, 03:33 AM
Before the mod API, definitely not. I don't want to use anything that requires people to install client mods. It's an extra barrier to entry.

After the mod API is released we'll almost certainly be using some mods. What kind of mods they'll be remains to be seen. Like Xerian said, it won't be anything that alters the core gameplay too much.

poppabaggins
11-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Hi guys.
I've been looking at all sorts of minecraft servers, and I have found plenty of unpleasant places. This one seems awesome. I was talking to Gerbster, and he sent me here to get whitelisted.

I have read the FAQ and the rules.
My minecraft name is "poppabaggins".

Here's hoping to build with you soon.

saryos
11-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Hey,

I'm saryos, same as my minecraft name.
New to the RPS server, looks really great, was talking to Gerbster and he said I should pop over here to try and get whitelisted for building.
I have read the FAQ and read the rules. Would love to play with everyone.

El Stevo
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Poppabaggins and saryos whitelisted. Welcome.

Gerbster
11-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Much welcomage!
Just let us know if you need a hand with anything, be it server commands, starter materials or just ideas on where you could build.

saryos
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the quick whitelist El stevo!

and Gerbster, I might just take you up on that haha Thanks to everyone who's been so nice already. looking forward to building!

field_studies
12-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Hi folks,
I've had a peek around the server (and was welcomed warmly by its current inhabitants). Looks like a lovely (and apparently scholarly, so I was told) place. Oh, and I've read the FAQ and the rules.

My username's "easimons". Might I be whitelisted?

thanks!

errantPixel
12-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Following on the heels of my good pal field_studies, I would much appreciate a whitelisting, too!

Username is "moliston".

Cheers!

Hi folks,
I've had a peek around the server (and was welcomed warmly by its current inhabitants). Looks like a lovely (and apparently scholarly, so I was told) place. Oh, and I've read the FAQ and the rules.

My username's "easimons". Might I be whitelisted?

thanks!

Jonbas
12-12-2012, 03:35 AM
easimons and moliston have both been Whitelisted.

Welcome!

field_studies
12-12-2012, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the super-quick whitelisting and warm welcome! We'll be back soon.

Niklakoff
14-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Hey! am squeezing in the server door behind those last two fine folks. brushed up on the rules! May I get whitelisted as well? User name is Niklakoff

El Stevo
14-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Niklakoff has been whitelisted. Welcome!

Niklakoff
15-12-2012, 02:16 AM
heyhey! thank you kindly!

readywater
17-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Hey Xerian,
Thanks for the pep talk on the server, a whitelisting would be lovely so I could join my brothers and sisters in blocks. Likewise going through the rules too!

Thanks!

Xerian
17-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Hey Xerian,
Thanks for the pep talk on the server, a whitelisting would be lovely so I could join my brothers and sisters in blocks. Likewise going through the rules too!

Thanks!
Whitelisted.
Remember to just ask if you need any help, or check the FAQ & Wiki. Hope you enjoy your stay *cough* Cause you'll never leave *cough*

RMA
17-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I've spent near 5 hours exploring a network of mine shafts, caves, and chasms. It just goes on forever and ever. And then I find more. People called me insane for building my pyramid, but this has driven me insane. I know I've missed so much as well. It just keeps going...

Edit: Within a minute of me showing xer the entrance area, he found another massive unexplored area. This is nuts. I haven't even shown him the caves!

Danny252
17-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Will it asplode your brain if we tell you "yeah, we know, the entire ocean is like that"?

Gerbster
17-12-2012, 07:33 PM
The only reason it freaks you out so much is because caves aren't made up of a few long straight lines.
Your mind rebels at anything approaching a curve. Have you ever teamed up on a projet with Wubble? :)

Gerbster
17-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Will it asplode your brain if we tell you "yeah, we know, the entire ocean is like that"?I haven't looked at the underground map in ages, but it does indeed seem like the new lands contain more tunnels and caves than before. So, keep searching and let me know when you get close to Mammalia :)

rettski
17-12-2012, 08:14 PM
For Wubble & Trout (or whomever is working on the nether fort below Temple of the Dog)

Mind if I connect a bridge to the fort from my nether portal? I'm connecting at around x1430, z320. Running a road north would put me about at the first intersection as you approach the fort from the Temple of the Dog portal. I'm assuming you'd want to preserve the Nether Brick look, but until we can cook netherrack there's no way I can farm enough(/any?) to build the bridge. I'm open to ideas.

Temporary
18-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Aha! It worked! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'll cease using this account once the proper one is verified, but some good whitelisting action for the IGN: FuSioNzPS3 is the least I deserve! :p

Cheers!

RMA
18-12-2012, 11:00 PM
I've whitelisted him, and changed his name for our sanity.

Aha! It worked! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'll cease using this account once the proper one is verified, but some good whitelisting action for the IGN: FuSioNzPS3 is the least I deserve! :p

Cheers!

Gerbster
19-12-2012, 02:05 AM
I've just cleaned our square bar-code thingy off of snow and made it into a desert biome to prevent issues in the future.
I also noticed that someone, and it must have been a mod, filled in my dead sea with water again? Not quite sure how or why that happened, but it is supposed to be empty with an overhanging sheet of ice, so please don't 'fix' it again in the future :D

Xerian
24-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Merry christmas people! Hope you have a good time, get some good presents and have a nice holiday :)

Gerbster
25-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Ditto.
The lazy man's Christmas greetings!

El Stevo
25-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Happy Christmas or equivalent winter celebration.

domogrue
26-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Oh Noes! I unwittingly updated my Minecraft version and now must wait for the lazy mods to wake from their holiday slumber to update the server!

Or I can just un-upgrade myself.

Happy Hogswatch and Yuletidocalypse!

Gerbster
26-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Happy Christmas again!

I have set up a small party at the RPS Nova Market (from Spawn, just go straight on through the only always-on portal), where you shall find cake and 3 course meals set up for your enjoyment!
Feel free to snack on some grub, and leave a friendly message on the message board behind the portal building :)

JellyfishGreen
27-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Happy Feast Day of Stephen the Saint of Stackers!

Gerbster
27-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Xerian, I built the embassy in your place, check it out and let me know if the style is still a bit too upmarket - I downgraded as much as possible. And what is the name of your place? Feel free to correct the portal name.

Wubble69
27-12-2012, 11:23 PM
For Wubble & Trout (or whomever is working on the nether fort below Temple of the Dog)

Mind if I connect a bridge to the fort from my nether portal? I'm connecting at around x1430, z320. Running a road north would put me about at the first intersection as you approach the fort from the Temple of the Dog portal. I'm assuming you'd want to preserve the Nether Brick look, but until we can cook netherrack there's no way I can farm enough(/any?) to build the bridge. I'm open to ideas.

If you havnt already done this feel free to go ahead.

I can godmode haxxor it to look like netherbrick if neccessary. But at the end of the day it's up to you.

I would prefer an attempt at making it look slightly similar thou.

Wubble69
28-12-2012, 07:44 PM
If you havnt already done this feel free to go ahead.

I can godmode haxxor it to look like netherbrick if neccessary. But at the end of the day it's up to you.

I would prefer an attempt at making it look slightly similar thou.

Ok I've done the work for you.

I've also put some netherbrick, fence and steps around your portal on the other side.

What you do with that is up to you.

RMA
31-12-2012, 06:15 AM
We all know that bukkit broke the fix for the broken sand machines. It appears someone made a fix for the break.

Please install this elt, you can have xerians firstborn if you do.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-restore-sand-generators.113402/

Danny252
31-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Please install this elt, you can have xerians firstborn if you do.

Nonono, you're meant to offer him something he'd actually want

Xerian
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Did I mention that Elt gave me an amazing christmas present? Its gorgeous. 23952396
Oh and happy new year ya'll!

Gerbster
01-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Happy New Year everyone :)

The Pink Ninja
01-01-2013, 10:50 PM
How long until an update? :(

Danny252
01-01-2013, 11:50 PM
How long until an update? :(

*points to first post*

The Pink Ninja
02-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I was hoping for a more specific timeframe thanks.

So I really suck at making things, anyone want my help?

Will do at least some of the tedious grunt work of collecting resources for massive projects

Gerbster
02-01-2013, 10:40 PM
The Pink Ninja, if you want, you can help finish off de-treeing an island I have ear-marked for something big.
We've already done most of it, but if you are bored, go to the East Hub, then Islandy. You'll pop up near to the valley exit. If you turn left from the portal (IE head west) you'll find trees on the other side of the road. Everything foliage-wise on the island must go, and you are welcome to the wood naturally.

If you need a tool or something, let me know :)

Gerbster
02-01-2013, 11:45 PM
OK I made a wrong. You turn right coming out of the islandy portal, not left. But I've put put up a sign anyway.

Xerian
03-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Well, when you're waiting for a stable version of a ton of plugins aswell as having to test various plugins yourself afterwards and then find out whether or not the update itself has severe bugs - There are no really specific timeframes except for "whenever we can" or "today", etcetera. As it is it takes a decent amount of work to update a server, even for a patch as tiny as the newest one. Which is why I'm really looking forward to the API.
Oh sweet API, where art thou?

Danny252
03-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Oh sweet API, where art thou?

I might've accidentally dropped it in the stuffing when we were making Xmas dinner. Would explain why it tasted odd...

The Pink Ninja
04-01-2013, 01:28 AM
The Pink Ninja, if you want, you can help finish off de-treeing an island I have ear-marked for something big.
We've already done most of it, but if you are bored, go to the East Hub, then Islandy. You'll pop up near to the valley exit. If you turn left from the portal (IE head west) you'll find trees on the other side of the road. Everything foliage-wise on the island must go, and you are welcome to the wood naturally.

If you need a tool or something, let me know :)

No shortage of diamonds assuming my stash is intact. Is the island you want me to de-tree happy island?

Gerbster
04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
No, it is just called 'islandy' in the hub. It is a big island, now mostly deforested. You can get to it by walking from the public farm - you head back west along the road (I must do more tents in my gypo camp!), to where that road meets the ring road (Elt has a particularly nice inn there). Then you follow the ring road south and it is the first big island you come to after crossing the straight bridge.

Gerbster
04-01-2013, 07:48 AM
In fact I just added a map marker on the dynamic map to hopefully make it easier to find :)

The Pink Ninja
04-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Okay, I see it now.

Rinox
05-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Hey Xerian, sent you a PM. :-)

derf
06-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Hey guys - Not sure what i'm asking for (a friend is telling me to do this)... but i'd like to be "whitelisted" for access to the RPS Minecraft server. Pleeeeeease?

Oh, and I am aware of the basic rules. Which basically boil down to not being an asshole.

RMA
06-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Whitelisted them both

RMA
06-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Elt pointed this out to me the other day, and gerb wanted a link to it for later, so here it is. It's very useful for seeing if an area is lit properly or not.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1399304-light-level-overlay/

Gerbster
07-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Hey Wubble - you may have a giant gun pointing at Mammalia 'for self-defence', but Elt kindly drew me a huge laser-spitting spaceship, so just you mind your Ps and Qs, sonny!

See it in all its glory and bow before its awesomeness!

http://www.urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/?worldname=uRPS2&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=4569.925945866012&y=64&z=720.6469909717375

derf
08-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Is the server temporarily down, or has it exploded?

Danny252
08-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Neither, seemingly?

Gerbster
09-01-2013, 04:32 AM
I've had occasional problems getting on over the last few weeks, but nothing major, never lasting more than a few minutes normally.

Xerian
09-01-2013, 01:11 PM
There were issues with it yesterday, Ginger couldnt figure it out but it somehow managed to un-explode / implode itself. So all is well, n stuff.

Gerbster
11-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Hey mods, have you seen this nugget?

'In 1.4.6, the seamless slab's item ID was replaced by the nether brick slab's item ID and was given a new one, 43:7.'

Im worried this means all the blocks like this we've placed will magically transform to nether brick when we next update. Will be a big *sigh* moment if true. That line above taken from: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Slabs

Xerian
11-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Dont worry, they dont do any backward-changes. Example being the wooden slabs placed before coloured (and thus named) slabs are still called "wood slab" if picked up, instead of Oak Slab.
So I heavily doubt its the case, as the old wooden slabs also got a new ID.

El Stevo
11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Xerian is wrong.

Xerian
12-01-2013, 03:14 AM
How so? All of my old slabs are called wooden slabs ~.~'..
But alright then. I'm wrong, everything will break.

Gerbster
12-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I think what Elt is referring to, apart from you being an aberration of nature, and hence your very existance is 'wrong', is that with wooden slabs they didn't do anything to the old slab codes, they just made new ones as well for the new types. In this case, the text I posted explicitly says that the old code will represent a different block, meaing any we have already placed will automatically show up as the new type. Why the hell they'd do this (when they give the old block a new code FFS) can only be rationalised with two words: Notch's Legacy.

El Stevo
12-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Gerbster is correct.

Also, did you read the bit where it says the seamless slab is removed from the game entirely in 1.5?

Xerian
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh. Shit. Aha... Right. In that case, I'm sorry and thats fucking rediculous.

Gerbster
12-01-2013, 06:52 PM
They are removing it? FFS... Oh well, yet another trip around everything I've built fixing shit is coming up then :(

laserbream
13-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi folks, I'm back from under the waves. I see I have some kind of space launch thingy for a neighbour now!

Xerian
13-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Hi folks, I'm back from under the waves. I see I have some kind of space launch thingy for a neighbour now!
Woot! Welcome back. Glad you didnt asplode or anything down there! Hope to see you on soon enough ;)

Gerbster
14-01-2013, 08:28 AM
How do I set a spawner to be a specific type of mob? I've got a ton of unset ones from days of yore :(

Gerbster
14-01-2013, 08:30 AM
My hedge maze is now complete, find it here:

http://www.urps-minecraft.co.uk/map/?worldname=uRPS2&mapname=surface&zoom=5&x=3826.403165448357&y=64&z=479.5235785871248

The easiest way to get to it is to go to South Hub, then pick Mammalia. Follow the main road west until you roughly in line with the lighthouse and take the tunnel under the sea to Ferret Isles. You can pass through the houses heading south until you come out the other side, whereupon you should see the maze entrance.

Umm.... maybe I'll signpost it when I have the chance, might make life easier :)

Xerian
14-01-2013, 04:12 PM
You just slap it with an egg, Gerb.
... I think. Thats how it was a few patches ago, however I havent utilised them in ages so I'm not entirely sure ;p

laserbream
15-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Erm, might be a while afore I show up, I seem to have foolishly upgraded to 1.4.7 without a way back.

El Stevo
17-01-2013, 06:07 AM
Server's updated.

RMA
17-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Well, Mojang seem to love breaking things/pissing people off. Picks no longer dig fast on dirt/sand/ect, and I get told what item I've selected every time I change item, which is annoying me like crazy after 5 minutes of play.

Gerbster
17-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I guess they have to put in at least 1 or 2 small visual changes or people wouldn't think the updates are worth it. Not that they are, normally, but there you go. Off to see what else pisses me off :D

DRoseDARs
17-01-2013, 10:09 PM
At the Mojang offices, the game updates are collectively referred to as Trollcraft...

RMA
17-01-2013, 11:21 PM
At the Mojang offices, the game updates are collectively referred to as Trollcraft...

I would like this comment so hard on facebook. Hard.

Gerbster
18-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Dynamic map update pleeeeeeeease!!! :)

MCorleone
18-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Hey guy´s!
I can't reach the server today is there anything newi should know?

El Stevo
18-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Nope, Java crashed.

Gerb, the dynamic map was updated.

Gerbster
18-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Yeah sorry I needed to clear my cache.
Rich I just spotted your account creation request on the wiki, so hace approved it.
I am slowly going over the wiki updating the hub pages. Remember kids, all help on the wiki is welcome, even if it is only putting in your own profile and builds :)

LordoftheHills
19-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Hey guys. Just started playing Minecraft again. Can I get whitelisted? My name is LordoftheHills. See y'all round.

Xerian
20-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Hey guys. Just started playing Minecraft again. Can I get whitelisted? My name is LordoftheHills. See y'all round.

Whitelisted. Welcome to the server :)

El Stevo
20-01-2013, 01:33 AM
EVERYBODY LOOK AT WHAT I MADE TODAY IN REAL LIFE.
http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/43/img4083i.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/img4083i.jpg/)

Gerbster
20-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Which one are you??

Danny252
20-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Whichever one of them spent most of the time running around it in circles?

Gerbster
20-01-2013, 07:30 AM
I have just finished making 3 houses of differing sizes in Ferret Island, if anyone is interested in moving in.
I will also take the opportunity to remind Rich he needs to finish his house there or I'll send in the bailiffs!
And I won't mention Starview... for now ;)

For those who don't know:

Ferret Island is the luxury area of Shrewbil and hence Mammalia. It is an enclosed, exclusive estate and is alongside Shrewbil's adventure area that is rapidly expanding. All the cool kids have a house there so just let me know if you are interested, and I'll happily escort you around and show you our options!

domogrue
20-01-2013, 08:57 AM
So I logged in and immediately drowned ;_;

I usually don't ask mods for favors but in this case, could someone help roll be back? I kind of want my diamonds, sword, and obsidian back...

El Stevo
20-01-2013, 10:23 PM
You have to be online for it to work. Next time you see a mod on the server ask them and they'll do it for you.

Danny252
21-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Is the server having another sad today? It's showing up as 2 people online, but when I try to login it just sits there and goes "LOGGING IN. MAYBE. SOON. EVENTUALLY. Okay no I got bored cos it took too long try again".

Someone needs to feed the hamsters already.

El Stevo
21-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Minecraft.net authentication servers are down.

Danny252
21-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Someone needs to feed the hamsters already.

Minecraft.net authentication servers are down.

Clearly "someone" is Mojang then!

Gerbster
24-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I get a fail on the website and server? :(

El Stevo
24-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Problem's your end.

Gerbster
24-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I wonder if Ginge changed IP of the server and it hasn't propogated here yet. Wouldn't be the first time.

El Stevo
24-01-2013, 09:39 PM

cjlr
26-01-2013, 12:19 AM
I've been dabbling in the odd bit of minecrafting recently...

Do the good folks at the RPS server feel like throwing a whitelist entry my way?
I'm cjlr, here, there, and everywhere.

El Stevo
26-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server.

RMA
29-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Well, all the redstone for my attempted server crash is laid, and I need 4 helpful people to help me test it. Need 40 something more chests of sand, 30 more of gunpowder to finish making all the TNT. Then I get to put it all in holes. Then blow it all up.

Donations and time welcome ;)

Gerbster
29-01-2013, 04:21 AM
I average around 20 DC of gunpowder a day, how much more do you want, gitface???
You are not allowed to do it without me present to witness the fail :)

Gerbster
31-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Having said that, I'm not on both comps so am not idling lately. On the plus side, the google DNS works now, so I has map!

Eyola
31-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Hey guys!
I'm a friend of MCorleone... Would you be so nice and whitelist me? I'm Eyola, also in Minecraft.
Thanks!

Xerian
31-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey guys!
I'm a friend of MCorleone... Would you be so nice and whitelist me? I'm Eyola, also in Minecraft.
Thanks!

jaguar skills
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Hi all. Haven't played this in a while, rpser's seems like the best way to get back into it.

Name is mrkinder ingame if you'd be so kind as to whitelist.

Thanks!

jaguar skills
03-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Well I crashed again so I'm going to work out whats going on. I think it may be OpenGL rather than java. Nice to meet you all though!

Gerbster
04-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Did you find a spot to settle in Jaguar? If not, hit me up the next time you see me online (and I'm not idling for gunpowder).

RMA
04-02-2013, 08:20 AM
The spawn gate room went really weird. I blame dig as he was there. It is really very weird. And broken. Very broken. Worldguard stops me fixing it.

DHP
04-02-2013, 08:34 AM
There was an accident at main spawnroom involving a poorly documented tool and user ingorance. Thankfully, a solution prevented itself.

DRoseDARs
04-02-2013, 09:08 AM
First the Superdome, now this. Damn it, Beyoncé, stop mucking things up! >:-(

Danny252
04-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Thankfully, a solution prevented itself.

A solution that prevents itself from solving things? Doesn't sound like a very useful solution, then :(

RMA
04-02-2013, 10:01 AM
It is all fixed, and I blame dig for the fix as well.

Also, why are you not online much danny! It's most terrible of you.

Danny252
04-02-2013, 12:38 PM
It is all fixed, and I blame dig for the fix as well.

Also, why are you not online much danny! It's most terrible of you.

Yay physics degrees involving doing stuff!

(Plus whenever I am on, all I get is Xer or Gerb doing their perma-afk thing)

Gerbster
04-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey at least I'm grinding - Xer is just taking a dump or something.
Wubble - I have taken over a few more houses at Charleston to ensure ample space for the embassy staff there. Hope that is ok :)

Danny252
04-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Plus you have the decency to make it obvious that you're afk :)

Gerbster
04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Hey Rich, Xer gave me the sad news.
All I can say is Bill went without pain and you were with him to the end.
Catemple will be finished as soon as I possibly can, and we can dedicate an area of it to him. *hugs*

DRoseDARs
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
You know, it used to be that when we (mods/admins) found people (usually just the other OPs because really, it isn't fair to prank as harshly the regular afk players the way we can on other OPs) idling for extended periods of time, we'd do awful bad things to their avatars in-game. That Gerb temporarily alters his name grants him immunity to afk pranks. I'm just sayin'...

Hate to post and run, but lunch break is over.

Edit: Poorly-timed crosspost is poorly-timed. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. :-(

Gerbster
04-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Also Rich - if you fancy digging up a nice photo of Bill or the two, I'll do a big portrait near Delly's.

Aberration
08-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Howdy folks, I'm Aberration, but for minecraft purposes I'm Quillion247. Could the latter name be put on the whitelist please?

Gerbster
08-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Whitelisted, welcome!

omegaT
08-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi there everybody, I'm omegaT both on here and in minecraft, and was wondering if one of you lot would be so kind as to put me on the whitelist, as it seems you guys have a cool server going.

Xerian
08-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Hi there everybody, I'm omegaT both on here and in minecraft, and was wondering if one of you lot would be so kind as to put me on the whitelist, as it seems you guys have a cool server going.
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server, hope you enjoy your stay :)

Stuntman Nick
09-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Hello everyone, I've caught the Minecraft bug as of late, and would like to give some friendly multiplayer a shot. It's Stuntman_Nick in-game. Thanks in advance!

RMA
10-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Hello everyone, I've caught the Minecraft bug as of late, and would like to give some friendly multiplayer a shot. It's Stuntman_Nick in-game. Thanks in advance!

Whitelisted you. Welcome!

Gallimaufry
11-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Hey everyone! I have been playing Minecraft for quite a while now, but I haven't been able to find any proper servers. This one seems really nice, so I'd like to join if possible!
Minecraft name is Grann.

RMA
11-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey everyone! I have been playing Minecraft for quite a while now, but I haven't been able to find any proper servers. This one seems really nice, so I'd like to join if possible!
Minecraft name is Grann.

Whitelisted, welcome to the server

Gerbster
14-02-2013, 07:18 AM
They stole my idea, the bastards!

http://www.geekologie.com/2013/02/so-whimsical-bridge-suspended-from-heliu.php

El Stevo
14-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Ah, but that bridge is in the vastly inferior Real Life.

Danny252
14-02-2013, 04:29 PM
They didn't even bother to make it go anywhere. Pah!

rashan
14-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Hello! I keep thinking I need to get back into this, and RPS seems a great place to do so. Rashan_ in game. Cheers!

RMA
14-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Hello! I keep thinking I need to get back into this, and RPS seems a great place to do so. Rashan_ in game. Cheers!

Whitelisted...after you joined and that reminded me you'd posted here

cncplyr
15-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi there, looking for a place to play after a bit of a hiatus and my friend took down his server. In game name is cncplyr. Thanks! :D

RMA
15-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Hi there, looking for a place to play after a bit of a hiatus and my friend took down his server. In game name is cncplyr. Thanks! :D

Gerb whitelisted him.

Gerbster
15-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Whitelisted and welcome!

DRoseDARs
16-02-2013, 09:00 PM
OK, as I said I would in this mainpage thread, here's my reposted comment.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/14/mostly-indescribable-depression-quest/

DRoseDARs says: *Note: I’ll likely repost this in the uRPS Minecraft thread since that community has been a part of my life for 3 years now… and without meaning to, I’d mostly exiled myself from it. I’ve talked with some of them about this in chat, but I owe the broader community an explanation outside of chat.

*breaths in, exhales*

Well that exercise was interesting. Not completely relatable, and certain responses were not really what I would have done, but meh the game was close enough. I won’t go into too much detail, but the past 2 years have been rough for me. I ignored it as long as I could until symptoms physically manifested themselves. I’m not taking therapy, but have been on a medication since December. I’m not “good” but I’m not as awful as I had been through much of the past few months. It’s silly, but I feel guilt and shame for not being around on the uRPS Minecraft community very much during all this, despite knowing and playing with many there for almost 3 years now. It’s such a strange and horrid place to be, depression. It’s very true that you struggle to find joy and comfort in things. I had to force myself to play some stuff on Steam, but gaming just wasn’t getting there for me. The thought of facing my friends on the server was unbearable because I felt so… alien. Even at work (I’m a manager at a gym, janitorial and maintenance) surrounded by people and co-workers, I just wanted to be invisible most days, left to stoically do my tasks. By late November, that strategy was back-firing and I had to address it before it got worse. I’d had suicidal thoughts in my teens, being uncertain about myself and coming to terms with being gay, so I knew I was in a dark place again but as an adult, so much worse could result from being there again.

I found that community while I was unemployed, having lost my job of 7 years, and the people there combined with the simple joys of Minecraft got me through all that, for which I am immensely thankful. What I’ve gone through these past 2 years is nothing like that. I was sad when I was unemployed, this darkness had been much more pervasive and unrelenting. I didn’t feel guilty nor was I responsible I’d lost my job, whereas of late I felt utterly worthless at times, repulsive at others, and felt sub-Human the entire time. All that wretchedness… from no where.

That is depression. It is a disease. It cannot be cured as if it were a virus or a broken bone, but it can be treated and managed. Depression is not your fault, nor anyone else’s fault. Depression simply is.

You don’t have to bare it in silence. Talk to someone empathetic who you know won’t mock you for it or give you the “stiff upper lip” bullshit. Whether to take medications, seek therapy, or both is between you and your doctor. My meds have helped and I’m on the training wheels class of anti-depressants, rather than any of the hardcore stuff. I need to make another follow-up appointment with my doctor to discuss the future of my treatment. I’ll likely stick with this med rather than upgrading to something stronger, and I’m leery of therapy, but I shudder to think where I’d be if I hadn’t made that first appointment in December.

Gerbster
18-02-2013, 03:02 AM
I'm glad you took that first step, it is the hardest.
I've experienced depression first-hand in an ex, and I'm reasonably certain that I've been through it myself, but I made the mistake of thinking I just had to 'snap out of it'. It just doesn't work like that and many people simply can't understand that.
I hope things work out for you and I want to say you are very much missed on the server (hint - we need more ways to prank Xerian!). If you need or just want a chat, look for me on facebook - I generally leave it open on whichever comp I'm not working on so a response may be slow, but I usually get there :)

mr.trout1
21-02-2013, 06:47 AM
awww
sends hugs to DRose from australia

Xerian
21-02-2013, 03:03 PM
I would love to make a deep, up-lifting comment. But sadly I myself am in no way in any condition to do so. Depression fills a huge part of many peoples' lives, including my own. I've suffered through two particularly nasty depressions, as has my mother, my now-deceased aunt, and both of my uncles. Ontop of that, just about everyone around me is currently getting hit by tough anxiety like my own, so shit tends to come crashing down quite a lot. The upside to this is that to some extent, most of my friends recognise that its something thats immensely hard to deal with, and impossible to snap out of. But still, if you've never suffered from it, theres pretty much no way of exactly understanding just how it feels..
I myself havent read this thread for about two weeks, as I've just felt too indifferent and lethargic to do much of anything. So I've just been sleeping alot recently, and being unemployed has left me in a position where I can do just that.
And then theres the insomnia which keeps me up till 7 in the morning, but thats a whole 'nother ballgame. My point is: Drose, we're a bunch of people here whom understand you and know what you're going through (again, only to some extent. These things tend to differ wildly from person to person, or even from week to week.), and we all (atleast, I do!) love you. I do care quite a lot for many people on the server, as you guys have become some sort of secondary family for me. And I must say, you guys have helped me through a lot of shit way more than you can imagine. So thank you to every single one of you.
I dont know how I'd live without Elts constant trolling and cock-creating above my builds!

Anyway, enough of my mad ramblings. I hope you're doing well enough considering everything, Drose. Hope to see you on the server sometime soon. And if you ever do need anything, you can always PM me, find me on Facebook or Steam, or hop onto the server, as I'm on... Alot.
My thoughts are with you and I hope you'll get through this as un-scathed as possible. We're here for ya'.

Gerbster
21-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Bunch of softies :D

Joe_Robins
24-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Hello all, I am curious about joining your ventures in the world of minecraft and looking to get whitelisted. I am unsure if there are 5 mystical trials that I need to pass before being accepted, but I can assure you of my good nature and things like that. I'm also active in the RPS Arma group should you need a referral / Character reference :) Oh my name in game is the highly original: JoeRobins

El Stevo
24-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Hi, Joe. I've whitelisted you. Make sure you read our FAQ at http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/FAQ.

Deme
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi!
I've been playing Minecraft off and on since end of alpha times, used to play a bit on the MountainBlade server with some friends, but that community had huge griefing problems and seems to have died.
Since, I've been looking for somewhere good to play from time to time, run a couple of servers on my own - but frankly its just not the same with only 4 guys. So, this seems like a sensible place, looked through the FAQ and rules and would like to ask to be whitelisted here, and if possible also ask permission for two friends; My name is Demelol and my friends are ElliePi and Jimbosmith.

Thanks!

Xerian
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM

RMA
03-03-2013, 09:15 PM
The last of the TNT for my mass terrain removal has been placed. Not sure what day I'll do it yet, likely evening UK time. Help is needed to set it all off. Let me know, and I'll come up with a firm time soon.

Danny252
03-03-2013, 10:45 PM
BOOMTIMES YAY.

I think I'm free every evening this week... Am I going to die during this? :(

El Stevo
04-03-2013, 12:29 AM
I will only help with the detonation if I'm given assurances that anyone helping will die in the explosion.

Deme
04-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks again! :)

loztaylor
05-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Hi guys. Would love to be whitelisted to join you guys. I've been running a Tekkit server with friends the last month or so but no one seems to play anymore so I don't have a server to play on. I've been playing since alpha and would love a new friendly server that's grief free. My account name is LozTaylor (almost as inventive as JoeRobins :) )

El Stevo
05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi Loz. I've whitelisted you. Welcome to the server.

Gerbster
06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I offer my services for blowing shit up.

Stuntman Nick
09-03-2013, 05:27 AM
I'm available Saturday and Sunday if you need another hand. Weekdays, not so much.

El Stevo
11-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi, all. Our kindly server guy Ginger Beast is just about to move the server to a different machine. He says the server shouldn't be down for any longer than half an hour.

The URL will be the same, but until the DNS propagates you can use the IP 94.23.202.92.

El Stevo
11-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Back up and running.

ibloat
12-03-2013, 02:48 AM
Hi there, I'd like to join the uRPS ranks as well.
Played a lot of Tekkit/FTB lately and have a growing yearning for that simple vanilla lifestyle.
Joined the server earlier and it seems like a friendly and mature place.
I read the rules and the FAQ and they sound sensible.
In-game name is ibloat, same as on here.
Ask away if you need more information.

El Stevo
12-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi, ibloat. I've whitelisted you. Welcome to the server.

Gerbster
13-03-2013, 03:57 AM
I can't seem to get to the server, direct IP or otherwise :(

ibloat
13-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Many a thanks El Stevo!
I have the same issue as Gerbster. Mostly timeouts
Very intermittently I am able to connect but will get disconnected after a few seconds (and this is not the wrong MC client version as I was using it two days ago on that server)

Xerian
13-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Gerb, do mind that Elt put a dot at the end of the IP in his comment, if you copy/pasted it. And I would love to help, ibloat, but I really have no idea about your issue. Have you tried google?

Gerbster
13-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Xer, it isn't like I've never seen an IP address before :)
As it is, I got in eventually and spent a bit of time relaxing before girlfriend duty pulled me out again :(

Wubble69
14-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Not really an issue but I have I missed a roll back in the last 7 days.

I just noticed that some small irrelevant change I made has returned to the way it was.

I also havn't been drunk enough this week to have done it myself and forgotten I did it (which I must admit is not that unusual.

El Stevo
14-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Wubble, the server was pretty crashy last week. This is what led to the server being moved.

mr.trout1
15-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Peoples! just a brief note to say that "OPERATION: SOARING PYRAMID" is reaching its ultimate crescendo, and the detonation will be this sunday! chief motivator and project leader rich will have more specific details forthwith! woo

Danny252
15-03-2013, 02:21 PM
peoples! Just a brief note to say that "operation: Soaring pyramid" is reaching its ultimate crescendo, and the detonation will be this sunday! Chief motivator and project leader rich will have more specific details forthwith! Woo

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Edit: OH FUCK YOU RPS DON'T DELETE MY ALL CAPS YAY. LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN, MMK?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Thx.

purdz
16-03-2013, 11:51 AM
So i popped back on the server yesterday after being away for ages and it seems all my machines are broken :(

The sand duplicator I knew had been patched out but the smoothstone generator with magnet chests seems to now not crush the stone. Guessing that was patched out recently, either that or redstone has changed a lot?

El Stevo
16-03-2013, 04:11 PM
The sand duplicator I knew had been patched out but the smoothstone generator with magnet chests seems to now not crush the stone. Guessing that was patched out recently, either that or redstone has changed a lot?
I just checked. The block crushing plugin has become a bit wonky. From my quick test it worked when aligned vertically but not horizontally.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll look into fixing up the plugin.

El Stevo
17-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Block crushing plugin is fixed. Your smoothstone generator will be working now.

RMA
17-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Right, assuming enough people see this, what with the late notice (a combination of me accidentally drugging myself into unconsciousness, and then doing the same with alcohol), detonation will proceed at 6pm tonight, british time. It's 9.25am as of the time of posting if that helps you sort out timings. If not enough people appear, I shall reschedule for later in the week.

BIG BOOM @ 6PM

BOOM

SERVER DIES

purdz
17-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I'll try to remember, can't believe this is the end! You've been laying TNT for months!

Also thanks El Stevo, I'll go have a play later on.

Danny252
17-03-2013, 02:39 PM
You've been laying TNT for months!

Coughnotjusthimthankyouverymuchcough

JimTheDog
17-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Will there be footage of this detonation or do we have to show up live if we want to observe?

Xerian
17-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Well, I've installed fraps and will be attempting to film it...
However, the most important question is; will all our computers die in a midst of explosive-sprites? But yeah.. I'll try my best to capture as much as I can. ;p

RMA
17-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Well, we learnt that TNT explodes very oddly when there's a lot of it. Then I crashed the server another way. Have vids and pics.

purdz
17-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Coughnotjusthimthankyouverymuchcough

Sorry yeah, I know you and trout were involved too and im sure many others, even I laid some, swiftly blew myself up though :(

Couldn't make it to the show but will look forward to the vids and pics

MCorleone
19-03-2013, 06:56 PM
hey , little question is the server version 1.4.7?

El Stevo
21-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's still on 1.4.7.

Gerbster
23-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Where be the films of the great explosion???

Danny252
25-03-2013, 04:50 PM
For some reason, this makes me feel totally and utterly inadequate. (http://mc.westeroscraft.com/map/#/2932/64/13128/-4/0/0)

(It's also quite depressing that King's Landing only took 6 months (http://westeroscraft.com/wiki/index.php/King%27s_Landing)...)

DRoseDARs
25-03-2013, 09:11 PM
That city is roughly 1km wide E/W. Egads that's a lot of work. The main body of the map itself is ~22km x ~60km and is being custom formed, though it appears they had someone go on a 100km dicktrek.

Wubble69
26-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Harrenhal looks good.

Gerbster
27-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Probs with the server? Even the direct IP doesn't help, I just get connection refused. Or can we has upgraded?
It could be a problem my end, but I do wonder, as the dynamic map still works. Help! I have actually been busy building the last few weeks!

Gerbster
29-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Just in case you see her around, catasmile is my girlfriend. She doesn't really speak english (but needs to practice damnit!) but will happily say hi etc.
She's already met xerian and el tagno and survived so it is safe to say she's happy enough on the server :)

Danny252
29-03-2013, 08:26 PM
She's already met xerian and el tagno and survived so it is safe to say she's happy enough on the server :)

It's worrying how true it is that those are the two hurdles you need to overcome on this server.

In other news, I accidentally the mob spawner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIz1Add98s

Stuntman Nick
01-04-2013, 12:44 AM
If any mods are available, there was an... incident at Xerian's place. I have NO idea what happened, but apparently a whole lot of TNT was accidentally placed under one of his buildings, and was mistakenly set off. If a rollback could be done, just look for the giant crater. Thanks... on behalf of whoever is to blame. Good day.

Gerbster
02-04-2013, 12:51 AM
I went to laugh… I mean I went to see if it needed fixing but seems like it was already sorted.
By any chance did you take a screenshot of this crater caused by 'accidentally placed' TNT?

Xerian
02-04-2013, 05:11 AM
I fixed it. I did forget to screenshot his destruction this time, though. But I do have one from last time ;)

Wubble69
02-04-2013, 04:23 PM
So who place the TNT?

Stuntman Nick
03-04-2013, 12:18 AM
I must see the screenshot from the first one. The second one wasn't that impressive; the first was a good 6 stacks of tnt, this one was a paltry 2-3. I mean, I'm estimating. As an innocent bystander. Naturally.

Xerian
05-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Horses.
Horsemeat.
Horsebeef.
HORSEFACE.

Wubble69
15-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Time 15:15 Monday 15th April

I intended to copy an area roughly 5x10x10 and appear to have copied and subsequently pasted a far more substantial area.

If it's possible is there a chance to do a rollback? failing that I'll do it by hand

Wubble69
15-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Time 15:15 Monday 15th April

I intended to copy an area roughly 5x10x10 and appear to have copied and subsequently pasted a far more substantial area.

If it's possible is there a chance to do a rollback? failing that I'll do it by hand

Fixed. Nothing to see here. Carry On!

El Stevo
20-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Server's on 1.5. Let me know if you spot any new bugs, etc.

Gerbster
20-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Only thing odd I've spotted so far is that our beloved slab cude has been replaced yet again - I'm guessing to quartz / marble?
At least it doesn't look so massively out of place like when it changed to netherslabs...

Gerbster
20-04-2013, 05:20 PM
ELT URGENT:
Fence collision has been updated so now you can fall through the floor of the spawn portal area, and I no longer have build permissions to fix it (change to glass).

CAREFUL EVERYONE SO YOU DON'T FALL THROUGH THE FLOOR AT SPAWN PORTALS.

IS FIXED - no one died not even a Xerian :(

DRoseDARs
20-04-2013, 05:51 PM
OP duly updated to warn of the (admit it, hilarious) danger.

Also, hi. :)

Gerbster
21-04-2013, 06:32 AM
Heya :D Elt has fixed it sadly :D

El Stevo
21-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I could install a few traps at spawn if you want?

TikebK
21-04-2013, 12:21 PM
Could I get access to the server please.
My game name is Tikeb

I do have a server of my own but my mates have abandoned it for other games. I can whitelist an admin if they want a poke around. It only really contains a big details house I created - I'm rather pleased with it.

Danny252
21-04-2013, 05:47 PM
I could install a few traps at spawn if you want?

DO EET.

/10char

jamy95
22-04-2013, 08:22 PM
jamy95 xerian sent me can i be whitelisted please

Xerian
22-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Whitelisted. Welcome to the server.

The Pink Ninja
24-04-2013, 10:41 PM
I have a whole island to build on and no idea what to build

Hmmmmmm...

Any ideas?

The Pink Ninja
25-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Also can you please whitelist my very trustworthy friend. I wanna show off to him.

Username: dystopianday

Thanks

El Stevo
26-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Also can you please whitelist my very trustworthy friend. I wanna show off to him.

Username: dystopianday

Thanks
I whitelisted him.

The Pink Ninja
29-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks

Two questions:

1) How do I get two animals into a pen so I can breed them?

2) What is the command order for getting two enchantments on an item?

mr.trout1
30-04-2013, 06:58 AM
pink ninja:

1) most passive mobs will follow you if you are carrying some wheat in your hand, and you can thusly lead them to your desired location (it's very slow tho) ((and i think there are some exceptions; cats will only follow you if you're carrying cooked fish, chickens only if you're carrying seeds))

2) use the /ee command (in conjunction with an enchanting table) and you can choose which enchantments you'd like on an item, and it can stack up to 3 enchants (you can read more specific info here: http://urps-minecraft.co.uk/wiki/Enchanting )

good hunting!

c-Row
02-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Finally gave in and purchased it yesterday. Once I feel comfortable with the basics I might come over for a visit. (kopyright23)

Gerbster
03-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Welcome to all the new players - any questions or desires for tours, just ask :)

purdz
04-05-2013, 09:00 AM
The magnet chests seem to be broken?

You can't add a magnet to a unprotected chest anymore?

Do i have to protect the chest and then do a modify all and then add a magnet now?

All i know is I haven't changed permissions on them since I first made them and when I logged in today the magnet wasn't working.

El Stevo
04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
You've never been able to add a magnet to an unprotected chest. Also, I will be turning magnet chests off eventually, because we have hoppers now.

purdz
04-05-2013, 09:14 PM
hmm I must have been mistaken then when I originally did them, sorry!

Hoppers look cool!

The Pink Ninja
05-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Is there a Stronghold/End Portal in the world?

The Pink Ninja
05-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Yes, there is.

Someone should make a documentary about this server, never fails to surprise me with something amazing.

purdz
05-05-2013, 08:51 PM
I think i'm missing something with the mob capture now too (again probably just forgotten how to do it since I last played)

Im using the egg on a villager or a monster, its charging me the right amount of nipples (down 20,000 ish now) and the egg is disappearing from my inventory but im not getting the spawner in my inventory to replace it?

What am I doing wrong?

Gerbster
05-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Purdz - you collect the mob in the egg - hovering over it in the inventory should say what it contains. For the actual spawners, you need to go hunt some down from dungeons. You can break them and place them where you want, then open the egg on them to make them spawn what you want.

Gerbster
05-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Can confirm something is bjorked with the egg capturing, presumably from the update. Have given purdz replacement eggs for now to stop him crying :)

purdz
06-05-2013, 10:27 AM
HEY!

There were minimal tears! ;)

As I said I wasn't sure if i was missing a step but I feel relieved that it wasn't because of my stupidity in the end!

Gerbster
07-05-2013, 10:12 PM
In case people aren't aware (I wasn't…) apparently the new quartzy type thingy stuff whatever is now available at the general store at the east hub.