PDA

View Full Version : RPSOrchestra

GraveyardJimmy
02-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Red Orchestra 2 will soon be upon us (and you can now prepurchase).

With that in mind, join the RPS Red Orchestra steam group for game organising and probably an RPS clan formation:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSOrchestra

Edit: We have a server, courtesy of nullkigan

It should appear as: RPS Unofficial Heroserver
For direct connection, use: server.herosquad.org:8000
There is no password yet, but if we need to add one it will be 'rumpus'.

TimA
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Whey! I joined. Pretty pleased with the 20% for owning the original RO, but that just means I'm going to have to buy the Deluxe Edition, doesn't it... I wonder when access to the final phase of the beta starts.

Looking forward to this.

tomeoftom
03-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Instantly buying as soon as the Australian censorship issue is cleared up - it should be fine. (Fallout 3 has dismemberment and got through.) Very very down to play with anyone perhaps slightly geographically close to Aus or Southeast Asia, assuming RO2 can't handle 8 timezones worth of lag.

Roarster
03-08-2011, 10:16 AM
How difficult is this likely to be to get into for a complete newbie to the series? I'm tempted by it since it sounds great but seeing as most of my online shootery experience is in games like CoD and TF2 I suspect this might be too frustrating of a step up for me to handle.

Also, how is the community? Am I likely to be abused and kicked for being hopeless?

Plankton
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
How difficult is this likely to be to get into for a complete newbie to the series? I'm tempted by it since it sounds great but seeing as most of my online shootery experience is in games like CoD and TF2 I suspect this might be too frustrating of a step up for me to handle.

Also, how is the community? Am I likely to be abused and kicked for being hopeless?
We have yet to see how RO2 differs from RO1, so I am basing this on RO1.
Yeah its nothing like CoD or TF2. It's very much on the "realism" side of things. Pretty Difficult, slow pace, one-shot deaths, questionable controls etc.
I enjoyed RO1 very much as an extension of the multiplayer games I was already playing; it just offers a different experience to the Battlefields and Call of Duties. I would imagine if you have any interest or fascination with World War 2 and simulation type of games then this could very well be for you.
My impression of the RO community was very positive. It's the kind of game that attracts a more mature audience, I think.

EDIT: Woah, I just looked at the price of RO2 ... I need to see more of the game before I buy it XD

GraveyardJimmy
03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Woah, I just looked at the price of RO2 ... I need to see more of the game before I buy it XD

Expensive or cheap? Because 20 for a preorder is great value to me.

Developers have stated that this will be more streamlined with less barriers to those new to the series (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54755)

But at its core, the game still plays like RO. It just now doesn't have a learning "cliff", it has a learning curve. And things flow a lot smoother, we've removed a lot of the barriers for entry. Of the RO1 fans that have entered the beta, 99.9 % LOVE RO2. The reason for this is that RO2 does just what we've said it does, it makes Red Orchestra more accessible while keeping the core gameplay elements (the heart and soul) of what the fans loved about RO1.

Liqourish
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48698

that there's a list of features. awesome awesome awesome features.

BrightCandle
03-08-2011, 07:01 PM
No mention of Eyefinity but I can see one feature there (periphery vision) that could clash.

That however is one awesome list of gaming goodness, lets hope they pulled it off.

Roarster
04-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the feedback, it does sound good though I'm still a bit unsure. Hopefully there'll be a demo or a beta before release so I can give it a go.

dartt
04-08-2011, 08:21 AM
There is meant to be a large open beta before release and there will very likely be free weekends after.

Sweedums
04-08-2011, 06:18 PM
for those who want to see more of the game before buying, there are a lot of good, lengthy gameplay videos up on youtube etc. I just watched one from PAX 2010 but i'm sure there are more recent ones.

If you just search red orchestra 2 gameplay in youtube, all sorts will crop up.

ShowMeTheMonkey
05-08-2011, 12:48 AM
I've been thinking about either getting this or Battlefield 3. (I play DH a lot).

The choice seems simple at the moment! I have full faith in Tripwire to add a HUGE amount on content to the game in the form of more tanks/weapons/maps and such (might I add from their track record the content will be free). I also have full faith in the community to play well and to produce some fantastic mods.

BF3 at the moment is offering none of this other than better graphics.

Bodge
05-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I think a lot of the ARPS crowd are going to be jumping straight on this so there should be plenty of people to play with from day one.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
05-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Rock Paper Stalingrad.

Bodge
05-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh and we will likely have a server in the usual place

Creeping Death
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
There is meant to be a large open beta before release and there will very likely be free weekends after.

I doubt there will be an open beta before release considering that a bonus for buying the deluxe edition is access to the closed beta. Especially considering that part of the closed beta hasn't started yet and we are 3 weeks from release.

They have confirmed plans for a free weekend sometime after release however.

J.B.
07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I've been salting money away in my Steam wallet, I'll be getting this around 11th. I look forward to being blown to meaty chunks alongside the ARPS crowd and any other RPSers who plan on playing!

Bodge
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Lets get some of that campaign action going \o/. I wonder if RO TV records too.

DrOctagon
09-08-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty jazzed about this game. Being the shameless Tripwire fan I am, I pre-ordered the deluxe edition (I play Killing Floor quite a bit, so I figure I'd like the skins). Quite looking forward to playing this and I hope there's an RPS server at some point, although I've had difficulty connecting to RPS servers in the past (which isn't surprising, considering I'm living quite a ways away from the UK)

Capt Fatbeard
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Just brought the original red orchestra to get the feel of the game before the second one comes out so I'm up for playing a few games with RPS folk.

CuervoJoe
10-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Will be buying Red Orchestra 1 sometime this week, looking forward to dying many times alongside you all.

DrOctagon
11-08-2011, 07:08 AM
To those interested in getting a copy of RO1, there's a special on Get Games right now for $2, and I'm pretty sure all copies are Steamworks.

Cable
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Hey just thought i'd mention, you can get RO2 on greenman gaming for like $27 US with the preorder discount and 20% off anything voucher code they're offering at the moment, that's the cheapest i've seen it and it's tempting me

oh and it just gives you the code to register on steam

Shakermaker
12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
News from the beta, not official though.

first batch of screens (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114505-Red-Orchestra-2-Heroes-of-Stalingrad-V2-I-thought-this-was-Music-Software?p=31638653&viewfull=1#post31638653)

second batch of screens (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114505-Red-Orchestra-2-Heroes-of-Stalingrad-V2-I-thought-this-was-Music-Software?p=31672596&viewfull=1#post31672596)

Big Q&A (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114505-Red-Orchestra-2-Heroes-of-Stalingrad-V2-I-thought-this-was-Music-Software?p=31674285&viewfull=1#post31674285)

westyfield
15-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey just thought i'd mention, you can get RO2 on greenman gaming for like $27 US with the preorder discount and 20% off anything voucher code they're offering at the moment, that's the cheapest i've seen it and it's tempting me

oh and it just gives you the code to register on steam

Yeah, if you combine the 15% off pre-order deal with the 20% off voucher code, you can get about 32% off. I pre-ordered that way, looking forward to playing alongside you guys.

kataras
16-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I m in as well, gonna pre-order it asap. Anyone know if it s coming out retail as well or only digital?

J.B.
25-08-2011, 08:45 PM
So, I hope you've all seen this by now. If not, here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXHWPzTPskY&feature=player_embedded

(Almost 20 mins of beta footage. Best watched in HD. Tank action is at approx 14 mins!)

kataras
26-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Kewl! But a bit too much spraying? Really liked it overall.

Nullkigan
30-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I have just finished setting up a beta server in anticipation of the DDE-preorder beta release tonight.

It's running on the arma/arps dedicated box in europe with a 100 meg connection, 16 gigs of RAM and all that fancy stuff. For now it's capped at 50 players.It should appear as: RPS Unofficial Heroserver
For direct connection, use: server.herosquad.org:8000
There is no password yet, but if we need to add one it will be 'rumpus'.

I'm still testing the configs, so shout at me if you find something acting up.

kataras
31-08-2011, 08:53 AM
@Nullkigan: Nice one! Now just have to wait till its released...

westyfield
31-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Downloading the beta now, new graphics card in in and running smoothly. Let's do this!

kataras
13-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Eh so are we slaughtering each other tonight? I m pre-loading and steam says its unlocking in around 10 hours, which is weird since its already the 13th but nevermind...

Nullkigan
13-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Filled in an RSP application, but the details they want are... idiotic.

Seriously, it's not like restricting xp gain to a limited set of server is going to stop people xp whoring or make the game better in ANY shape or form, so why do it?

kataras
13-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Hm what kind of details? Dirty kind or the boring kind?
does that mean there is no progression outside official servers?
We can always play between us for fun and then one day a week go to an official server and be xp whores and ruin everyone's game...
Well I have finally some free time this week so it will be either RO2 or Arma2 for me tonight.

Nullkigan
14-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Bumping this now that the game is out. Server details in the first post and it'd be cool if you could swing by mumble too (also on server.herosquad.org, can leave the port field blank).

However, it's even buggier than the initial beta release. I get no text in menus and crash after 20-30 minutes.

The Webmin says we're a ranked server, but I've not been able to get enough play time to confirm this either way. Certainly I've had no response e-mail from TWI.

ConcreteOtter
14-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Downloading it now. Looking forward to checking out the server, assuming the game is playable on day one.

GraveyardJimmy
14-09-2011, 09:52 AM
However, it's even buggier than the initial beta release. I get no text in menus and crash after 20-30 minutes.

Thats strange, I've had the opposite. Far more stable than beta and performance is great. Maybe a patch was released between then and now. I heard of a fix on the steam forums for the no text bug, so maybe check there.

Wolfenswan
14-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Good Perfomance for me too. But I've only been playing SP.

Btw. check your steam/common folder. BETA files are still there and took about 4GB of space for me.

metalangel
14-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Rushing home now to install it... see you soon.

ShowMeTheMonkey
14-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Ok. I can't get this game to work. Reinstalled twice now. None of my settings in the options will save at all. They default when I quit and load the game. When I change the video settings for example, it come up saying I need to click "ok" to restart the game and save the settings. So I do, and the game won't restart at all. It just shuts down.

If I change my video settings again, or if I remap my controls these too, do not save and default on start up.

Ignoring that, I can only on the off chance join a server. Whenever I click on multiplayer it locks up and crashes or it takes me to the server list and then locks up and crashes.

Unlike those fools that say "I want a refund", I have full faith in tripwire to fix anything. They've always been good for long term support. Even RO1 was quite buggy on it's initial release.

So hopefully they'll get a patch out that fixes my problems and then I can play with you guys.

J.B.
14-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Good luck Monkey, hope you get fixed very soon

kataras
15-09-2011, 10:20 AM
So impressions from last night? I have mixed feelings about it so far:
the graphics are ok to me, but I think I m switching that bloom off.
Was quite confused most of the time as to what to do, so I was following whoever seemed to know what they re doing.
Movement and cover is a bit clunky but I think I need to remap keys as they re a mess.
Guns and firing are ok for me.
I think I expected it a bit more slow-paced than it was, and with less camping (are we looking to do anything against that? For people who just camp, not hiding somewhere for a few minutes while enemies pass for example, in order to come up from behind them).
I guess there will be more organization as we play more?
Performance was ok for me, around 50 FPS in High settings.
I wonder if there are gonna be larger, more open maps? Maybe from a mod or something?

J.B.
15-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Was quite confused most of the time as to what to do

That sums up about 90% of my time spent with RO 1 and 2 =)

Comrade Commissar
15-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Tripwire really are a weird bunch of developers...
After the last patch, the beta was running like a dream for me. Everything was fine. I could play it with a smooth framerate on high settings.

After the full release, I get the impression the game went back to the level of optimisation they had at the beginning of the Beta. This being 0%. I can't play the game on a framerate beyond 20 FPS. On any settings. I turned everything to the lowest settings possible. Still the same.

I am very sad. Especially because I was a long-time RO1 veteran and really excited for RO2. I just hope they will fix it with a patch. I really do...

Also, Monkey. I can provide you with an ini fix for the "crashing during connection to server" bug. It was a common one during Beta and there were several fixes. It was fixed by Tripwire itself, actually. But it seems it's back now.

I'll post it here as soon as I'm back at home.

ShowMeTheMonkey
15-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Great, thanks Weed. But more than that I can't get it to remember any of my settings still! This is the third install and it just wont budge. I've now tried running both Steam and RO2 in admin mode, but to no avail. I think I was told by Wolfenswan to look in the games .ini file in My Documents. However I don't have a single mention of RO2 anywhere in My Documents, where else could this file be?

EDIT:

OK, fixed it now thanks to this post:

"I just figured out how to fix the issue of settings not saving.

Create a file named ROEngine.ini (ROEngine.txt with the extension changed to .ini) in this folder structure (create folders as needed) "My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config\" so that it will be "My Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini"
Then load up the game. It will create all of the other needed settings documents and put all of the missing settings in ROEngine.ini
You will actually be able to save your settings now."

It was because my ROEngine.ini was not created on start up of the game.

To anyone else having problems here is the thread:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58118&highlight=settings+saving

metalangel
15-09-2011, 11:43 AM
A cookie for whoever came up with the "Rock, Paper, Stalingrad!" server message.

Comrade Commissar
15-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sad "Rock, Paper, Stalingrad!" isn't the official group's name, actually...

Anyways, here is your promised fix, Monkey:

Go to the ROEngine.ini and search for the entry "[Engine.ISVHacks]".

Be sure it looks like that:

[Engine.ISVHacks]
bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=True
UseMinimalNVIDIADriverShaderOptimization=True
PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

All settings need to be put on true. This worked as a fix for most of the people.
What it will actually do, is that it won't load up all the stuff like shadows and lighting at once, during the loading bar, but rather in-game, while playing.
This prevents the PC to get out of memory while loading the map and saves it from crashing.

Wolfenswan
15-09-2011, 06:01 PM
How about a set day ala ARPS Tac Thursday for RPOrchestra to come together and play? Looks like we got a decent number of players now

ShowMeTheMonkey
16-09-2011, 01:01 PM
ARGH. Now I'm getting the no servers found bug. Even if I try directly joining to the RPS server. How can it be this broken?

Nullkigan
16-09-2011, 01:13 PM
:tripwire: ... and this patch has given me the ut3 texture streaming thing, which I hate.

For now, try 'open ip:port' (server.herosquad.org:8000 or 91.121.72.14:8000) in the console. Failing that, you can use the steam server browser.

I've resubmitted our Ranked Server application with a minor correction and just in case they missed the first one.

Wolfenswan
16-09-2011, 01:22 PM
.. and this patch has given me the ut3 texture streaming thing, which I hate.

Texture in the distance fizzeling into existence? As if the enterprise had just beamed them in? Because that's why i have since the Beta.

On a different note: Mkb42 killed the red star. This is getting annoying.

kataras
16-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Hm when was this patch released? I started getting the Star Trek effect with buildings right after I switched bloom off yesterday night. That map with the snow was giving me a headache with the bloom on, like BFBC2.

Also is it normal if your progress is not saved?

How about Thursdays for RPStalingrad? Although I m guessing the server will be mostly busy for the first couple of months at least?

GraveyardJimmy
16-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Texture in the distance fizzeling into existence? As if the enterprise had just beamed them in? Because that's why i have since the Beta.

I get this with every UE3 game ever and I hate it, one of the main reasons I dislike how widespread the engine is.

Nullkigan
16-09-2011, 02:03 PM
It only started happening for me with this latest patch :(

Capt Fatbeard
17-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Odd thing last night, I've now magically jumped from honour level 14 to honour level 35... For no apparent reason I didn't just 500 kills in one second it was very odd. All of my weapons have jumped up levels as well now my Kar is now level 27 when I've used it maybe two or three times I don't know if anyone else had this happened to them as well. Not complaining just odd.

ShowMeTheMonkey
18-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Ahha! Last nights patch took most of the StG44s out! Wooooot!

GraveyardJimmy
18-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Ahha! Last nights patch took most of the StG44s out! Wooooot!

They aren't STG44s :P

But I still think they should be limited to 1 or 2 a round, as developers suggested beforehand. How it was to work was this (according to people on tripwire forums):

At the start of the round any players who have achieved veteran level have a random chance to become "heroes" (1 or 2 per side)
These heroes choose their class and get access to hero bonuses (MKB42 etc, hero skin).

This limits the amount of rare weapons and allows everyone who has played enough to get a chance at using them eventually. Anyone who is a veteran will be allowed to use other sides weapons (as if they had switched after killing some enemies).

kataras
19-09-2011, 10:31 AM
So judging from the silence, I assume everyone agrees with Thursday as RPStalingrad day?? Should I use my magical hacking skills on the server and make it happen?
On another note, I played a bit on a Tripwire official server and it was really good. More slow-paced (it was also the game mode I think: locksomething?). I enjoyed it a lot, was a lot more tense than running and gunning...

Nullkigan
19-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Countdown is the best mode, but it makes people flee from servers in vast numbers.

kataras
19-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeap, I remembered there was a 'down' in there somewhere. Dunno, I liked it, was way more intense than run 'n' gun.

ShowMeTheMonkey
19-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, ok, ok. They're the earlier models..... But damn it StG44 is a cooler name!

Also Thursday may not be good as it conflicts with the Folk groups IL-2 nights. Though I can always flit between both.

taione
19-09-2011, 03:45 PM
So if I'm looking to play some red orchestra with a little more focus, (I run around, confused and then I die) is the rpsOrchestra the steam group to join?

Is there an evening time or date for playtime?

CuriousOrange
19-09-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't know if anyone else would want this too, just a suggestion. But recently the game has been chugging along pretty badly, it may be nice if we can set the server for 32 players during more organised events so some of us could keep better framerates?

kataras
19-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Although we re great at being strategic and tactical, we are not good with deciding on simple things. So there is no set day/time for this group so far. Tuesday is Arma2, Thursday is apparently FOLK IL-2, Sunday is FOLK Arma2...

Bodge
19-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Lets have a session on Saturday.

Nullkigan
19-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Server should now be ranked and tracking your xp properly, c/f this post (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=893309&postcount=150) on the Tripwire forums.

ShowMeTheMonkey
19-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Great! Thank you (yet again) very much Null! Now I can progress to be Oberstabsfeldwebel ShowMeTheMonkey in no time!

taione
19-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Oberstabsfeldwebel? Is that anything to do with Oktoberfest?

Nullkigan
19-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Gesundheit!

ShowMeTheMonkey
19-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Oberstabsfeldwebel? Is that anything to do with Oktoberfest?

Yes. Yes it is.

Also, can someone give me a few tips on tanks and how they work in RO2? I used to tank all the time in RO1 and was pretty good at it. I just tried on RO2 and got my ass kicked.
First: Can I exit my tank? I didn't seem able to.
Second: Will my AI guys in my tank fire on other tanks? They don't seem to be doing a very good job...
Third: How to I get in someone else's tank? Or do people like being clingy with their tanks so I can't get in?
Fourth: What happened to turning the tank turret while turned out of the hatch? I seem to have to go back in and move with the mouse?
Fifth: Why the hell can't an early T-34 destroy a Panzer IV for the side???

Nullkigan
19-09-2011, 10:08 PM
1/ No. To cut down on crazy tank crews hunting down AT riflemen with their pistols and looted guns. Also because of the way respawning and tank crews work.
2/ They will do... sometimes. When you're right next to them. After you've been hit by fifty rounds. And they won't aim at the engine.
3/ Spawn as a tank crewman through the join a squad menu rather than the general role spawns.
4/ No idea.
5/ Same reason the germans have the MKB and MG34. (If you hit the engine, you can usually kill it in two hits. I've never seen a T34 manage a one hit kill like a PzIV can, though... also a T34 will always, always lose a stand up slugging match so you have to aim for the weak points)

ShowMeTheMonkey
20-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I was hitting the right side of the panzer towards the engine twice. Nothing happened apart form he turned around and one shotted me. I was quite close too....

kataras
20-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Saturday sounds ok to me, although the next one I m not here.
Anyone know what's the range of the AT gun? I tried emptying 2-3 clips at a tank but didn't seem to take any damage. Must have been 200 meters although I m not sure, maybe I just missed?
I will be skipping Tac Tuesday tonight and playing RO2 if anyone's around on the server. Otherwise I think I ll look for a countdown tripwire server...

Wolfenswan
22-09-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm good with saturday. Wouldn't mind late noon/afternoon.

In other news:

Forgotten Honor together with Tripwire Interactive and The Wild Bunch are happy to announce the opening of the sign-ups for our massive knockout tournament “Scorched Earth”. This is the first competitive tournament for Tripwire Interactive’s new release – Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. To celebrate, Tripwire Interactive is putting up $8,000 for the winning team and $4,000 for the second place team!

http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/2011/09/21/12000-scorched-earth-tournament-for-ro2/

GraveyardJimmy
22-09-2011, 09:43 AM
5/ Same reason the germans have the MKB and MG34. (If you hit the engine, you can usually kill it in two hits. I've never seen a T34 manage a one hit kill like a PzIV can, though... also a T34 will always, always lose a stand up slugging match so you have to aim for the weak points)

This is funny, as I've found the T34 to be quite good, though not sure I've played tanks properly since the beta. I have often seen T34's one shotting panzers.

ShowMeTheMonkey
22-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Yet again another problem I'm getting more and more frustrated with. I'm finding it really hard to even play this game, as the the server browser is still broken for me. Sometimes it will show all the servers, but even if they're not full it will say something about them being full or down. At the moment I can only ever join the RPS server with a direct join (That only works half the time), and even then it's always empty when I join (Sadly).

I may even attempt a fourth reinstall.

kataras
22-09-2011, 03:06 PM
[/URL][U]Iron Crescendo (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66345)
I dont know if anyone saw this but it seems interesting, an on-going campaign with both sides joinable. Sounds a bit more focused than most of the other game modes. I wonder if it s possible to run it on our server though, I think you can only play on theirs.

J.B.
22-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, wasn't the campaign mode meant to be part of the full release? I'm sure I heard one of the TWI guys say that on a podcast at the very least.

Bodge
22-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Okay, lets say 15:00 UK time. Make sure you have mumble set up. Details;

Address: server.herosquad.org
Port: 64738
Server Password: none!

PLEASE use push to talk.

Nullkigan
22-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Do tell me if there any issues with the server. I'm acclimating myself to new accomodation over the next day or two and so will be out of the loop despite being on the server admin mailing list.

Are we still ranked? Is the server running the right version of the game after the rollback vis sound/performance bug?

Capt. Eduardo del Mango
23-09-2011, 12:07 AM
What does it say when you join the server?

"Don't be a dick."

And what do you all keep doing?

Shooting me in the face. Like a bunch of dicks.

Not impressed, guys.

alh_p
23-09-2011, 10:39 AM
So, 1500 on sat? I've had RO2 on my drive since release and only dabbled in the SP german campaign so I'm going to be shite but hopefully i can make up for that with enthusiasm... until i get shell-shocked anyway - which will be 3 seconds right?

TheRed
23-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Is it 'RPS unofficial heroserver'?

Because no-one is ever on it.

Bodge
23-09-2011, 09:04 PM
They will be on saturday. It fills up pretty quick when you get a couple of people on it.

TheRed
23-09-2011, 09:53 PM
No, that's hardly full at all!

ShowMeTheMonkey
24-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Not seeing anyone around. :(

Also my server list is STILL broken. There must be a problem on my end I'm not seeing.

Bodge
25-09-2011, 01:32 AM
sorry the game was being crap for me so i wasn't around

TheRed
25-09-2011, 01:45 AM
I have decided I rather like it. It IS unforgiving as hell, and I personally feel the weapons could be a little less reliably dead accurate, because it tends to end up being a bit too much of a snipe-fest for my liking - equally, people using squad structures etc properly would counteract that. Not come across that yet. Also my visual fun is limited by having stuff run on low details, ie, when artillery strikes I just get shockwaves but no exploding. Sad. Upgrading soon hopefully!

alh_p
26-09-2011, 10:33 AM
So did anything happen on Sat? I couldnt make it in the end. Having played on a few servers on Sun I'm more keen than ever to get some fireteam-work going.

kataras
26-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Same here, could not make it as the weather was too nice to stay home!
I m getting to like the game more and more, so we should get something going on soon. I also think maybe a weeknight would be a better idea or keep both Saturday and a weeknight?

alh_p
26-09-2011, 11:20 AM
A week-night might be easier to build into a routine, for me at least.

I've been wondering why I don't mind getting gibbed in some way in RO2 like I do in other FPS. I think it's because it seems more fair in its ghastlyness than say some prat dual wielding sawn off lever-action shotguns. There really is no run-and-gun either so it feels more about skulking and keeping low.

TheRed
26-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I had a look on Saturday and Sunday and no-one was there at all. I too find it more compelling in some ways than other FPSs, and also don't mind getting killed. It's because, as you said, you usually know it's because it's just a lack of caution or just because people die in war rather than some wanker sprinting around with a knife in a stupid way... Equally I would like to play it with a 'proper' squad once or twice. I'm a bit disappointed it's something of a free for all now, because it would clearly be at it's best when played together, with cover, suppressing fire, using roles as they were intended and having squad leaders who do it right. I'd be up for a weekday night occasionally.

TheRed
27-09-2011, 01:35 AM
I figured there'd be more appetite than this!

Kelron
27-09-2011, 01:48 AM
I've been playing, but the interest in the Steam chat seems to have died down since beta. I suppose people are waiting for patches, or got distracted by other games.

Wolfenswan
27-09-2011, 02:33 AM
I've been playing, but the interest in the Steam chat seems to have died down since beta. I suppose people are waiting for patches, or got distracted by other games.

for me basically this and a general lack of time. love to see some organized action going on though and i'll have more free time at hand the next weeks.

metalangel
27-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Server was dead yesterday evening. Connected anyway, and ran around capturing unopposed. Some poor guy called Fritz01 joined, and came to stop me. I saw him at the top if the stairs but he ran off before I could fire. I hid around a corner, listening to his footsteps as he stomped around upstairs looking for me. Eventually he came downstairs and rounded the corner right onto my PPSh's barrel, which duly filled his belly with lead.

"Fritz01 has left the game."

I felt bad and left too, and the server browser broke, so I had to go rake my potatoes in Wurm instead.

Wolfenswan
27-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Fritz01 is a bot.

Arkward silence.

metalangel
27-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I made a bot ragequit!

o/

alh_p
27-09-2011, 02:03 PM
I made a bot ragequit!

you heartless bastard.

Bodge
27-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I have been working too much recently, will be more likely to be around this weekend.

kataras
28-09-2011, 11:29 AM
I m around as well and have more free time, would be nice to get a game going.

TheRed
30-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Someone invited me to a RPS game this evening but the newborn wouldn't let me :(

Bodge
30-09-2011, 10:59 AM
thats alright, we have games frequently. You can always ask in steam chat to see if anything is happening.

kataras
03-10-2011, 10:07 AM
So by now you must have played some BF3, you realized that it's boring (at least Metro) and you are ready to have a RO2 match on Wednesday evening around 20.30 UK time? No flashlights, no lasers, no scopes, just instant death!

J.B.
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
So by now you must have played some BF3, you realized that it's boring (at least Metro) and you are ready to have a RO2 match on Wednesday evening around 20.30 UK time? No flashlights, no lasers, no scopes, just instant death!

I haven't played BF3 myself but that still sounds fab, kataras. I'll try to get on but it won't be until about 21:30.

Instant death, yay!

TheRed
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Might be game, ahem, also.

metalangel
03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
I wish the server was busier, it's one of the few big(64 player) servers I know of that doesn't run in Realism mode.

Colonel J
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Count me in for some RO2 insta-death manshooting. I've had a dander around in the SP campaign to try and learn the maps a bit, but the entertainment potential of that is now wearing thin. Tried to drop into a few UK servers at the weekend but they were all running realism and all mostly full...while the RPS server was dead everytime I checked.

Might have to go out with the missus this Weds night but if I'm home I'll be there, see you in Steam chat.

CuriousOrange
03-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Count me in for some RO2 insta-death manshooting. I've had a dander around in the SP campaign to try and learn the maps a bit, but the entertainment potential of that is now wearing thin. Tried to drop into a few UK servers at the weekend but they were all running realism and all mostly full...while the RPS server was dead everytime I checked.

Might have to go out with the missus this Weds night but if I'm home I'll be there, see you in Steam chat.

It is possible to host your own local server with up to 64 bots and customise it to your liking. I can't find the link now as my brain isn't working correctly. But search the Tripwire forums if it interests you.

Kelron
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Will be there on Wednesday, I hope.

Roarster
04-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I'll play if I can, but it really depends on whether my wife is using the other computer or not. Any other network activity seems to cause massive amounts of teleporting for me making it impossible to play. I really need to get to the bottom of it, the lag is constant even though she's not constantly browsing the internet.

kataras
04-10-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll play if I can, but it really depends on whether my wife is using the other computer or not.
arrange for it to have an accident...

Wolfenswan
04-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Fyi, there's going to be a stat reset (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68644) soon after which stat progression should work and players will get double xp for a short time.

Also it was news to me that russian engineers could blow up parts of walls etc. Some are highlighted here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Rrralph/ROHOS/RedOktoberoverview.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Rrralph/ROHOS/RedOktoberoverview.jpg

Bodge
04-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Will be working wednesday til 9. Might pop on if you are still going then.

Roarster
04-10-2011, 04:46 PM
arrange for it to have an accident...

I was tempted last night after failing to get through a door 10 times before someone put me out of my misery. I don't think I've ever played a game that reacts so badly to lag.

It doesn't help that the server browser reports a completely different ping than I get in game as well.

Nullkigan
04-10-2011, 05:33 PM
It doesn't help that the server browser reports a completely different ping than I get in game as well.

I actually investigated this somewhat and got Ramm-Jaeger/John Gibson (head TWI guy) to comment. To paraphrase: the browser is reporting your ping to the physical server, e.g. network speed. In game, the ping displayed is the time taken for a round robin response (ala BC2, which also has infamously high pings) PLUS a certain amount of processing on the servers end. That's right, the pings displayed in the browser are contingent upon how powerful the server you are connected to is. If the server is being congested by a lot of processing (artillery strikes, punkbuster fucking up again, too many players) pings will therefore rise. This is why we don't run a 64 slot server (although I think we can probably get away with it for smaller maps like apartments if we wanted).

In theory this means that when hits aren't registering correctly (assuming you have good ping) it's actually the fault of your poor aim and not the server.

Colonel J
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
It is possible to host your own local server with up to 64 bots and customise it to your liking. I can't find the link now as my brain isn't working correctly. But search the Tripwire forums if it interests you.

@CuriousOrange Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight, would be good for some practice.

I'm a bit clueless at server set up...is this what you meant? How to set up a listen server with bots (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=64764)
Is that all I need to do from the base game file...or is there anything else I need to do set up a local server before going through those steps? Haven't tried it yet as I can't get on my gaming PC til later tonight.

alh_p
04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
i'm in for weds

Roarster
05-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Right, turns out my lag issues where caused by the backup program on the laptop kicking in - despite it appearing to only run when I'm logged in. With that fixed I should be good for tonight, but it'll probably be a bit later than 8.30 before I've satisfied my daily family time quota.

@Nullkigan That sounds sensible enough except the difference between the server browser ping and in-game is sometimes far higher (> 150 ms) than other players are reporting as their total ping. Unless the game is taking longer to deal with my inept shambling than other players I assumed there's something else at play.

kataras
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
In theory this means that when hits aren't registering correctly (assuming you have good ping) it's actually the fault of your poor aim and not the server.
Noooo I refuse to accept this!

alh_p
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
bah, I'm resigned to having bad aim and an itchy trigger finger. I run the game on 1280x1086 (or whatever binary numbers it is similar to those), I wonder if a higher res would make it easier to spot a Stahlhelm in shaded spots/corners of windows accross the map. Then again, sniping/rifle-manning seems to mostly be about camping with a restricted and safe angle of fire.

J.B.
05-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Good work tonight chaps.

Here's a pic (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000864219/screenshot/577810212119054282?tab=public) I got of Wolfen"ONEMANARMY"swan doing his thing with a satchel charge. Sadly I was a little premature and missed the splodeybooms. I hear it happens to most men at some point. It's my age I guess. Anyway...

kataras
06-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah it was a good game, we should organize them a bit more often so we can listen to Head ragequit...
It's also funny how the server filled up once some people started playing.

metalangel
06-10-2011, 10:32 AM
That was freakin' awesome, guys. We simply must do this more often.

Kelron
06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Perhaps we can make it a regular thing on Wednesdays, unless there's a different day more people prefer?

kataras
06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Perhaps we can make it a regular thing on Wednesdays
For me it's fine on a Wednesday (although Saturday had been proposed in the past but I think a week day is better). I would prefer to start around 20.00 UK time though as I m an hour ahead (but its not that big a problem).

The Innocent
06-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Great games yesterday! I could only stay in for so long, but it was a tremendously rewarding RO2 experience. I hope we get to do some more! Wednesdays at that time work for me perfectly.

J.B.
06-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I could make a 21:30-22:00 GMT start work for me on a Wednesday too.

metalangel
06-10-2011, 08:39 PM
I generally won't be able to make a Wednesday evening... maybe one in three if I'm lucky.

Wolfenswan
07-10-2011, 10:25 AM
New patch released.

The previously mentioned RO2 update is in Valve's hands and will be released soon. The stats reset will take place sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon time. The changelog is below:

Stats
-Fixed stats and acheivements being awarded when they shouldn't have been and sometimes not saving stats on ranked servers. This requires a global stat and achievement reset which will be happening soon.
-Fixed several number display issues in the profile menu and after action report
-Honor, class, and weapon experience are all currently doubled to help make up for stats lost to the reset
-A new achievement has been added which is unlocked simply by playing RO2 during the double xp for players affected by the stat reset

Gameplay
-Reloading can be interrupted by melee or switching weapons
-Fixed quick grenade not returning to the previously equipped weapon
-Fixed team wounding counting as kill
-Fixed kill assists not showing up all the time
-Fixed Countdown Time to Beat being always 0
-Fixed timers showing wrong numbers in the single player campaign
-Fixed tank AI being able to see through smoke
-Fixed tank cannon smoke shells not blocking any AI vision

Stability & Performance
- Major optimization pass on all maps should increase performance across the board
- Reduced Alt-Tab crashing
- Fixed post-processing preset resetting itself in the video settings menu
- Fixed glowing outline/rainbow colors around the screen for certain machines
- Fixed a bug causing all audio to cut out after a map change
- Graphical improvements to environments, weapons and vehicle interior - areas or vehicles/weapons not in direct sunlight now have working specularity which will help make normal maps more visible and textures to look less flat
- New Umbra release and optimization
- General CPU optimizations

Server
-Fix for commandline setting of webadmin values not saving after multiple map changes

GraveyardJimmy
07-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Wednesdays are bad for me too unfortunately.

The new patch has been pretty good for me so far, apart from some ping issues that might be down to my connection.

Red October Factory at the start is quite wide and has a definite RO feel to it :D

kataras
07-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Hm then I guess it's back to organising matches maximum a day before? I m up for a game or two on the weekend if people are interested. I m tempted to re-download the BF3 beta and try the bigger map but I don't think I will in the end. And I still have to finish the Witcher 2.
By the way I noticed this game is pushing my CPU (i7 920) a lot more than Arma2 which I thought was weird...

Wolfenswan
07-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I've been playing a bit and the game feels much better and smoother now (at least for me). Stat progression is double atm. to compensate for the reset so I'm open for some teamplay when possible. Random pub servers are just.... ugh.

Kelron
07-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Stat progression works now, I dunno about performance as I haven't tried playing on 64 player servers (the only time I had problems). I think they also patched all the bullets out of my PPSh, as I couldn't hit anything tonight.

Wolfenswan
08-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Funnily enough i had some of the best shots with my PPSh today. They short stutter after every quick burst i was experiencing is gone, making it much more pleasant to fire.

TheRed
08-10-2011, 10:00 PM
If anyone's up for a game this evening (now etc) let me know as the lady and baby have gone away for a few days.

ShowMeTheMonkey
08-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Where have you taken them?!?!

TheRed
08-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Where you'll never find them, you blaggard swine!

kataras
10-10-2011, 08:49 AM
For me the patch has had mixed effects, the game seems to be running smoother most of the time but then at moments it stutters a lot and then back to normal. I m not sure why but I think it's more often on servers with many people.

But what's really pissing me off lately is when I ve lined up a shot with one of the rifles, I fire, the other person fires a few seconds after me and I get killed. That' s on small distances when the iron sights are at the center of the other person's body. I don't know if it might be lag or something, I m not the best shot in RO2 but you d think from these distances they should have died... Makes me feel like Head when he's playing RO2.

Anyway, lets get a game going this week? By the way on Sunday the server was full (with people I didn't know).

alh_p
12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
So, for thsoe who can, tonight from 20:00 or so?

I still need to figure out how to connect to the RPS mumble server. I can connect to publicly listed mumble servers (so i guess that means i've not got a port/firewall issue) but I'm doing something wrong in terms of connecting to 3rd party servers... Anyone have some advice? Seems like it's not usually an issue, which is quite annoying as I'm not normaly this inept.

edit:
Ok, just found this (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?533-Unofficial-Community-Mumble-server&highlight=mumble) from the uber-helpfull (and evidently well endowed in foresight) Nulkigan.

Nullkigan
12-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Our server should be publicly listed anyway. You have to enable passwording to disable it and I turned that off a while ago :)

kataras
12-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I will be around after 20.00, provided I have finished something before. But should be able to make it, even a if a bit late.

Roarster
12-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I should be able to join as well, though probably not until a bit later.

cwoac
12-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Okay, so I'm clearly blind and flailing about here, but I can't see the RPS server in the browser, nor can I see where you can enter an ip. What settings should I filter on / where should I click?

Nullkigan
12-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Bring down the console with ' and type open server.herosquad.org:8000 , or go to favourites and try right clicking. The browser is an unholy mix of UE3 and steamworks so it doesn't work properly most the the time.

TheRed
12-10-2011, 09:59 PM
No-one on again now. Rollocks.

kataras
13-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeap there were only 3 people about. I was waiting playing on another server and then decided to play something else...
Maybe we get a game going during the weekend? There were a lot of people about last Saturday and Sunday.

alh_p
13-10-2011, 11:21 AM
yeah, as much fun as it was stalking about, 1v2 got a little tiring.

On the plus side, I got mumble to work (at last). Not sure what I did differently, probably just the server name (which I took from the link i pasted above rather than that at the beginning of this thread, as i had been doing before).

Roarster
13-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Yup, server was empty at 9.30. Not really sure how to get it popular, I guess once you get enough people on it fills up.

TheRed
15-10-2011, 03:07 PM
If anyone's up for some today at some point, say so here!

TheRed
15-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Or, for that matter, if this is allowed, to try some actual squad-based play on any ol' server.

Wolfenswan
15-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Problem is that Tripwire are apparently slacking with the ranked server list. I don't know if our server is ranked again but it wasn't for a while after the last patch.

TheRed
15-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah.. but for a game one way or another, atempting squad-work, any takers?

kataras
19-10-2011, 09:04 AM
So, game either Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon? I m getting to like this game more and more but its a lot more fun when you coordinate somehow... Also the last patch gave me a permanent suppression effect bug.

alh_p
19-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I pretty sure I can do saturday afternoon.

Wolfenswan
19-10-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm fine with both (though I have a Blood Bowl match on thursday). The game's running mighty fine for me with the new patch, a shame so many still have annoying problems.

Colonel J
20-10-2011, 06:58 AM
I can play tonight if anyone else wants to try get our server up to critical mass.

ShowMeTheMonkey
20-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Ok, I'm getting really pissy with the game now. I still have the bug where I can't connect to a single server. It even won't let me favourite the RPS server.

Is it a problem on my end that there are never any servers shown in the list? I wait for ages and nothing. I thought it was a router problem, but even when directly plugged into the (virgin media) modem still no servers!

I'm trying really, really hard to like this game as I love KF and RO.....

Roarster
21-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Not sure if you're aware, but you can use the Steam server browser instead of the in-game one. I've had more success that way - the favourites tab doesn't seem to work for me at all in-game.

ShowMeTheMonkey
22-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I would love to use the Steam server browser.

If it ever worked. It says refreshing, but no servers will ever come up. Not with RO, TF2, CS or anything....

Roarster
23-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Hmmm, kinda makes it sound like a problem at your end if it affects more than just RO2. I assume you've tried the obvious things like disabling your firewall?

CuriousOrange
23-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I would love to use the Steam server browser.

If it ever worked. It says refreshing, but no servers will ever come up. Not with RO, TF2, CS or anything....

I have the same or a similar problem. It does actually work once, then I can't refresh again for at least 10-15 minutes.

Anyhoo! The way I now connect to servers is by using this site http://www.gametracker.com. Then copy the ip, when you get into RO2 open the console and type 'open' then paste in the ip address. It's still a little bit iffy at times, but mostly connects with no issue. As for the RPS server, the only way I've managed to connect to that is via console. Type 'open server.herosquad.org:8000' and you should connect.

TheRed
23-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Anyone actually using that RPS server ever yet?

metalangel
23-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I have trouble finding it using the in-game browser; if I use Steam's browser it remembers it as a favorite but I can't then add it as an in-game fave.

Played a fair old bit today, but mostly SP as the in-game browser just can't find the servers most of the time,

Nullkigan
23-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Anyone actually using that RPS server ever yet?

Not that I've noticed, but I haven't enabled logging or signed it up to gametracker. People keep saying it is down but it has NEVER been down for more than a few seconds since beta (it even autorestarts if it crashes). I'm usually one of the first to update when a patch rolls out, too :(

kataras
24-10-2011, 08:45 AM
As I said, I cannot find it since Saturday or Friday, am not sure. I noticed Sunday that it didn't show up on my favourites or recently played servers, and also trying to connect through console returned something like a time out... I ll try again tonight and let you know. Maybe the new patch f***ed up my server browser...

metalangel
24-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Logged on this afternoon, nobody was there, wandered around for a long time just exploring the maps. Then, somehow, someone else joined the server. I panicked and ran away.

kataras
24-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Hmm things seem to have fixed themselves. I can see the server but it s always empty...

ShowMeTheMonkey
25-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I still can't do shit.

Also even direct joining the RPS server it says host timed out.

TheRed
25-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Did you try prune juice?

kataras
28-10-2011, 04:28 PM
I know BF3 is coming out, but I m gonna try once more: Can we get a game going maybe tomorrow afternoon??????

Wolfenswan
28-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm travelling for the weekend but would be in for a try next week(end)(ish).

TheRed
28-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I possibly could, depends on a few things but will try to say so on this thread.

grinn
29-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I can hop in any time today.

Wolfenswan
24-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Just a quick reminder that the RO series is 50% reduced today and there's a big patch coming up (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=71935), including a new map and the release of the SDK with means more maps, mods etc.

The game's well worth the money, rough start or not and TWI are obviously putting their heart in it.

LaunchJC
25-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I've been trying to play RO semi regularly, but I'm mostly waiting for everyone to gravitate towards a few good (EU based) and popular servers, too many empty servers or full ones with ridiculous pings now.

Kelron
25-11-2011, 12:03 AM
The only regularly full EU server I've seen is called "Brothers Realism" or something like that, and I don't really enjoy playing on it. I can't pinpoint which realism setting annoys me, I think it might be the lack of the minimap, but I find it hard to keep track of what's going on and where the rest of my team is.

LaunchJC
25-11-2011, 02:01 AM
The only regularly full EU server I've seen is called "Brothers Realism" or something like that, and I don't really enjoy playing on it. I can't pinpoint which realism setting annoys me, I think it might be the lack of the minimap, but I find it hard to keep track of what's going on and where the rest of my team is.

Yeah I think I've played there a bit, I'm with you on the realism point. I think most servers in the beta used relaxed realism, or something close to that and I found those a lot easier to hop on and off of, but trying to play only a little bit right now to keep fresh is a lot harder on realism.

kataras
25-11-2011, 11:16 AM
I think the problem is the people most of the time and not the server. I be been playing on it on and off and it makes me ragequit!
Their Countdown server is ok though but not very busy. I followed someone to another server called 'The Old Git army' or something like that, which I enjoy a lot more...

Wolfenswan
28-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Would there be general interest in an organized session? Let's say either one mid-week evening or weekend around noon?

kataras
28-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I would be, probably a week evening or night though. Weekend around noon, I m either asleep or not at home...
By the way, I heard there is a new map coming? Anyone know when? Maybe we can start from there?

ShowMeTheMonkey
23-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Right. That's it. I think Tripwire have just broken my patience.

The new patch completely broke my game and now I can't even get past the splash screen. Many others on the TWI forum are having the same problem. If I do ever get into the game I still have no servers shown either in game and in the Steam server browser. Direct joining still does not work. My honour keeps on resetting, my graphics settings keep resetting.

I really, really tried hard to get this to work and to like it. I feel so ripped off.

DzX
24-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I just bought this game on the latest sale...anyone still play?

kataras
09-01-2012, 01:48 PM
I m still playing every now and then, as I don't have much free time these days. I m sure there are a few more around here. We ve been trying to set a game up for ages but hasn't worked...

Jaddays
12-01-2012, 12:27 PM
We promote intellectual curiosity and pride in achievement. We challenge all students to pursue academic excellence mobile phones (http://gadgetswebstore.blogspot.com/search/label/Cellphones), develop interpersonal skills, and value civic responsibility.

salattu
27-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Time to necro this thread, with (hopefully) many new players having just received RO2 for free or on the cheap. Who's up for some organized action?

alexjhh
28-04-2014, 09:33 PM
I'll jump in if anyone else is about.

blob
18-05-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm from Nepal (South Asia) and finding a server with a decent ping is a pain. What do? Anyone else from south Asia here?