How to issue a challenge and other stuff
1) Log in to the server (usually UK1, although you may choose/be asked to use a different server - see Notes below for info)
2) Click the 'Online' button at the top of the screen
3) Click 'Create a game'
4) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
5) Click the 'Generate Extermination' button
6) Make sure you have at least one rocket or grenade unit, and that the teams aren't too silly, or are identical if that's what you're going for. if it doesn't look right then repeat step 5 until you're satisfied. You may manually edit the teams to achieve balance if necessary.
7) Click the 'Continue' button
8) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
9) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Full'
10) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 8 and the 'Turn length' to 5000.
11) Activate Mutators, if you like.
12) Enter your opponent's username (and make sure "I play side 1" is selected immediately below this).
13) Enter 'RPS League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
14) Click the 'Submit' button
15) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in the post directly above this one
To reverse a challenge if you think it's unfair:
1) Make a note of the game number and which mutators are active
2) Find the map file in your Frozen Synapse install folder, e.g. "\FrozenSynapse\psychoff\data\encounters\refGAMENUMBERHERE.enc" and copy it to the folder"\FrozenSynapse\psychoff\data\userlevels\"
3) Follow steps 1 to 5 above, then click the Load Level button.
4) Enter the name of the map, e.g. "refGAMENUMBERHERE" (I think you can omit the .enc extension).
5) Follow steps 7 onwards above - don't forget to activate the same mutators as your opponent had.
If anything goes wrong, don't worry! Just issue the correct challenges and let your opponent know which is the correct game so they can ignore the faulty one(s!) (which will eventually be deleted from your list if no-one takes a turn, and can be hidden until this happens).
There have been some individual requests in past rounds which I'm happy to allow in principle:
Firstly, Maetco and raeynn prefer their matches to have identical teams so if you don't mind doing so you can edit the units in the setup screen so that both teams contain the same units. I think this will be a non-issue with Upload, but I'll leave it in anyway.
Secondly, due to Radiant/Majic's very high ranking on server UK1 and the fact that playing game modes other than Extermination will artificially increase his overall ranking still further (for complicated reasons which I'm sure he'll explain if asked, although there's some discussion of it in the Season 16 thread), he'd prefer to play any games on the Texas server.
Compliance with these requests is optional, but appreciated. If you have any requests which would not fundamentally alter the nature of the tournament or provide you with an unfair advantage they will be given due consideration.