Frozen Synapse League - Season 14
Sign-ups for Season 14 are now open!
I'm open to suggestions about which mode we should play. If we don't achieve some sort of consensus I'll default to Dark Extermination.
If you would like to take part please do three things:
1) Add yourself to this list. Vote for your preferred game mode while you're there. Let me know if there's any mode you'd rather not play.
2) PM your email address to me (optional, but it will be very useful if I need to give you a nudge). I will not disclose it to anyone else, except maybe WombatDeath or whoever takes over admin duties after me, but even then only with your permission. If you have previously PM'd your address to WombatDeath in an earlier season please consider sending it to me too.
3) Click here to go to the RPS forum settings and edit the 'Private Messaging' section so that you get an email and/or a popup when someone (e.g. me) sends you a PM.
Season 14 will begin on the Saturday 3rd of November and will last until the 18th (or thereabouts), so please don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable for that period. Rules might be slightly different from previous seasons, depending on the mode we decide on, but all will be explained in this thread before the season kicks off.
New and old players are all welcome! No experience required, and weaponry will be provided. Sign up!
Commence Operation: Season 14
Here are the tables for Season 14. It's your responsibility to issue challenges where you're listed as Player 1 in this list. Instructions will follow in the next post.
Game rules and league procedures
1) Each game must conform to the following settings:
Mode: Dark Disputed
Turn limit: 12 turns
Turn duration: five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
Visibility: vis at time zero
Team strength: four men per player
Mutators: at the challengers discretion
Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. You may not reuse maps - a new map must be generated for each opponent. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.
2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must announce the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in [game ID 1]".
Example: "ColOfNature has challenged rodeoclown in 123456".
3) After each game has been completed, Player 1 must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] with a score of [score]".
Example: "rodeoclown has defeated ColOfNature in game 123456 with a score of 150".
In the event of a draw, the format is "[P1] and [P2] have drawn in game [game ID]"
Example: "ColOfNature and Xune have drawn in game 123456"
I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game. Scores will be as normal: 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw, but tie-breakers will be on overall score reported by the game.
4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Saturday 03 November). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 18 November.
5) We're all reasonable people, when pressed, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or travelling to distant worlds, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.
6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will declare both parties to be poopy-heads and award your points to whoever strikes me as most deserving, by whatever criteria I consider appropriate at the time.
7) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, iron-fisted authoritarianism and whimsy. Mostly the latter.
Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.
The divisions and rules for season 15 will be arranged some time after the close of season 14.
Also, if I've missed anything important or anything isn't clear then post below, PM me or email me either at ColOfNature or RockPaperSynapse on gmail to let me know.