99 Spirits (a puzzle RPG on IndieGoGo and Steam Greenlight)
99 Spirits revolves around the popular Japanese folklore of Tsukumogami, everyday objects coming alive on their 100th birthday.
- Work out the true identity of your enemies in a unique battle system
- Capture enemies, master their skills for battle and use them to solve puzzles on the field
- Interact with over 40 unique characters and battle over 100 monsters
- Beautifully detailed art and an atmospheric original soundtrack bring feudal Japan alive
- Discover multiple unique endings that change based on the player’s actions
- Dual audio: Toggle between English and Japanese voice
Hanabusa is a young headstrong girl living in the Heian capital within medieval Japan. But when her mother is slain by evil spirits, her life turns into one of vengeance as she sets out to hunt and destroy the spirits.
During Hanabusa’s travels, she meets a white fox who turns out to be a servant of the mountain god. Hanabusa receives a special sword passed down from her mother, which gives her the ability to see the true forms of spirits to help slay them. Shortly after, a spirit claiming to be Hanabusa’s long-lost father, Hidetada, breaks her sword and leaves Hanabusa powerless and confused.
Now to mend her broken sword and learn the truth about her father, Hanabusa embarks on a journey to annihilate every last one of the evil spirits.
You can read an in-depth explanation of the battle mechanics on our blog post Those who hunt Tsukumogami.
99 Spirits will be the second game of our company Fruitbat Factory. Some of you might remember our first game War of the Human Tanks, which got selected as the 4th best Indie strategy game of 2012. 99 Spirits got picked as the winner of Eclectic Indie Dev Grant early in its development.
The IndieGoGo campaign for 99 Spirits ended with a very successfull note at 252% of the goal, reaching the stretch goal of the fandisc. You can find the Steam Greenlight entry of 99 Spirits here.