RPS Cripple Cup interest gathering

I'm posting this to gather interest in a cripple cup for RPS.

Gist is you get no apoth, no rerolls, and can not purchase players after the start - last original man standing wins.

Full ruleset would be determined, but I believe there are a few leagues like this out there already.

Post here if you're interested; I don't know how many people would be required before we could launch one.

Sounds very fun, but wouldn't that mean bashy teams with high AV would be in a huge advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by OpT1mUs View Post
    Sounds very fun, but wouldn't that mean bashy teams with high AV would be in a huge advantage?
    Well, I would disqualify the AV9 teams if the decision were up to me.

That said, right now I'd like to see a show of hands interested in doing the concept

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'll join as long as it gets a new name. Sorry to shoehorn political correctness into blood bowl but I've seen the word cripple be used as a vile insult by so many fucking horrible bastards that the word is irrecoverable on my brain.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    "Deathbowl"?

Wouldn't regen be more of a problem than AV9?

How about, 'Injury Invitational'?

Personally, I disagree with the no-bash sentiment. Outlawing Dwarves, however, is something I can certainly get behind. Teams like chaos, lizardmen and ostensibly nurgle ( though nurgle warriors may just refuse to die ) are mostly av8. Getting claw and mighty blow before players drop dead could prove easier said than done.

I'll be in as there is at least 2 week match days.

AV9 would be favoured but an early death would be crippling no?

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    "Deathbowl"?
    Keeping the focus on injuries over death is fair, Maimbowl? I dunno, Casualty Cup?

I'm not set on the name at all, and I think "Injury Invitational" sounds like a winner.

I'm not set for outlawing bash, just the dwarves, to be honest. I can see Lizards and Nurgles being strong contenders for the boot due to OP, but I would probably leave them in.

I don't think Khemri would be an issue with their AV9 as no reroll blockless TG's are more of a liability and decay will catch up to them very quickly (source: have khemri team).

Again, I don't have any rules in mind, but I'd toy with a race limit of 1 and perhaps removing the winning race from the pool if there were to be a second invitational.

So, is my list correct (tentatively):

Optimus
    Helio
    Ethelred
    chadsexington

I might be interested in this, it'd give me more practice with the game.

I can't really increase my league obligations at the moment, but I would love to give this a go. Once I get a decent computer working.

Noo, Cripple Cup is a great name, no need for PC in freaking Blood Bowl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    no need for PC in freaking Blood Bowl
    Well sure, not if you're playing tabletop, but I don't think the Cyanide client will run on a tablet.

Activated Node
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    from what I've seen of another cripple cup ruleset, teams were severely restricted, with both racial and teamsize and team-makeup restrictions

for example, nurgle was allowed, but was restricted to 12 players and were not allowed to keep bonus rotters
    Delves were allowed at a 13 player roster
    Chaos dwarves were allowed with no Chaos Dwarf Blockers (just hobs, Bulls, and mino) with a 14 or 15 man roster
    Stuff like that.

Orcs weren't allowed, Dwarves weren't allowed....I can look up the full(extensive) rules somewhere over on the BBtactics site in a former post.

I'd be interested, depending on rules and whether or not u get sucked into too many other leagues.
    Last edited by Limdood; 21-03-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Noo, Cripple Cup is a great name, no need for PC in freaking Blood Bowl
    Generally I'd agree with you but I just find this word, specifically without a D at the end breaks my brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    .I can look up the full(extensive) rules somewhere over on the BBtactics site in a former post.
    Yes, that'd be great