Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3329770

That went a lot worse than the scoreline suggests. And I think I'm definitely relegated.

So, end-of-season team status report:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=637738

Obelix - Still alive! And is probably the only reason I still care about this team.

Warriors - Brutalised. Down to one experienced one and only one other with block. A relatively fresh one picked up a niggle yesterday but that'll have to do as I can't afford another warrior yet.

Beastmen - Asterix (blockle, claw) is nicked but alive. Cacofonix (MA, wrestle, tackle) is too, so that's good. Gives me a solid core of players defensively, and ball-carrier Caligula Minus picked up block last game so he's looking solid too. I need to buy another and to get block on the one with dodge but otherwise they're not in too bad shape I suppose.

Overall there's a good core there but losing so many players to injury/death has been a bit soul-destroying. Getafix (ST, MA, dodge.... -AV) has sadly picked up a niggle so I've decided to retire him. He was enough of a liability with -AV as it was so given I've got a season on the bottom rung to look forward to I've decided to let him go.

Next season I think I should probably consider focussing on scoring with warriors where at all possible.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=mod...ticle&sid=1756

Full FFB release set for 22nd September! All skills! All star pictures! Bloodlust fixed!

Were they (m)any skills still missing?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Most of the ones that make goblins work, basically. Bombs, Hail Mary Pass, Fan Favourite, Secret Weapon, Ball and Chain, Pass Block. I think that's it.

The reintroduction of pass block will be cool, I've missed interceptions _

Okay here's a challenge for you. Second double on a Wight. Agility and Passing skills are doubles for them, and I already have jump up.

Dodge (why wasn't this your first choice?).

It's also hard to pass up guard since both Necro and Undead (not sure what flavour here) need it. Past that stand firm or mighty blow are both good options, as is tackle. You don't need doubles for any of these, but wights have lots of good options without doubles.

If you want out of the box you could go with diving tackle. It goes well with jump up and will help keep elves under control.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I went with diving tackle in the end, with the idea of tackle, stand firm and dodge if I get another double. Ultimate gutter runner marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I went with diving tackle in the end, with the idea of tackle, stand firm and dodge if I get another double. Ultimate gutter runner marker.
    I like this plan.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Gutter runners need to be murdered on sight.

So yeah, apparently I wasn't relegated. Who knew? Not convinced this is a good thing given UNENDING DEATH means only half of my team has skills and I don't actually have 11 players after Jim murderised a couple in a friendly yesterday.

On the plus side, him constantly feeding zombies to Obelix to keep him occupied means he got some SPP* and FINALLY I HAVE A 76SPP PLAYER WOOYAY.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=pl...yer_id=7867472

What a hero.

* 9 SPP including MVP, because he decided a long time ago that he ought to have ALL the SPP.

Right then, my opponents for the new WIL season:

Roided up chaos. They beat me 2-1 at the end of last season and my team, with it's raft of new players, has absolutely no chance of matching up to this unless I play well, use my inducements properly and have a healthy share of the dice. I'm going to have enough trouble hitting the fucker with all that strength and guard.

Some zons. If I can knock some of these over I might just have a chance, but it seems like he's a pretty decent coach. His record with this lot are good anyway, given it looks like he's had his share of punchings recently.

Dark Elves who seems to be not dissimilar to my team. A decent core of players surrounded by constant death and injury. Hopefully some of those niggled players are disposed of before I play him.

Chaos Pact with a block, guard, claw ogre, a bunch of decent marauders and a load of +stats.

Some strong undead and A LOAD MORE +STATS. What have I done to deserve this?

More Amazons. Hopefully I'll have more tackle and some beefed-up beastmen by then.

Some necros who trounced my poor broken team and OH LOOK THEY HAVE SOME EXTRA AGILITY AND STUFF.

Surely this time I won't manage to survive again? At least if my team get utterly eviscerated I'll have an excuse to pack it in like a coward.

Expectations for the coming season: Non-existent.

MEANWHILE IN JIMLAND

I'm going to be rolling a lot of inducements again, there's something about undead that continually crushes them down to 1600-1700 TV, or possible just something about my undead. It's a nice mix of a division, with several hybrids alongside the inevitable bash and elf: Humans, Khemri, Orcs, Nurgle, Slann, Welf, C-Dorf. If I can make it through the Nurgle forest of claws, I think we could do alright, though again I believe promotion will continue to elude me (by 1 point for the last two seasons _)

Only one of my players got nega-statted! For this fucking team that's practically as good as a win. _

Tried out cards yesterday, got "Belt of Invulnerability" (No modifiers or re-rolls on armour , I used it on Obelix to try and stop his AV7 getting him dead) and "Gitka's Strength of da bear" (+1 ST for the first drive, -ST afterwards.) I'll be interested to have a look at the LRB and see what's in the other decks.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3346858

New record for casualties suffered in fumbbl \o/

I'm two victories from two in the WIL at the moment though I think in fairness I've played the two least developed teams first. Next couple of games will give a fairer indication, I've got mighty-blow'd Orcs first then that 7-strength beast of nurgle next.

Trying to decide whether to shove one of my [R]/[B] teams into the FUMBBL Cup. With a game to rid them of their MNGs (and hopefully not pick up anything else) I suspect the Block Puppets would be my best bet. Them or my surprisingly not-horrifically-broken dark elves.

Other two options:
    Khemri who I've never particularly loved (despite their surprisingly decent Crown of Sand run)and like less now they're a tomb guardian down.

My pact.

Actually, the pact are in much better shape than I remembered. Skilled up big guys, a twat of a dark elf, goblin and rat with a skill apiece and five marauders with skills.

Hmmmmm. The pact might be the winner actually.

I've sent in the News Team as my oldest and most adaptable hombres.

I've applied with the Pact. God help me.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3350719

It's a long time since I've been quite this dispirited after a game.

I'll check the replay tomorrow to see if I was just kidding myself but I actually thought I played a decent game here, all things considered. He got apparently endless 1-dice knockdowns where I was struggling to hurt him with 2-dicers, fighting a numbers disadvantage for most of the game as per.

FUMBBL cup has been drawn.

Here comes the pain.