Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Pffft. Easy.

Meanwhile Jim is up against rookie (1000TV) Orcs.

Yeah, I decided not to mention that.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I'll find a way to lose, don't worry.

Well, I lost. 2-1, not so bad. We both had our share of luck. I really ought to have stopped him scoring at the end of the first half when he tied it up for 1-1.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    2-0 loss for me.

Just spotted that the Pact in playing next in WIL have only one big guy available to play. Two +ST marauders though. Hmm. Still, ideally Obelix would maim the troll and see me on my way to punching advantage.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Next opponent in the WIL: Oh what the fuck. Admin hax united _

Speaking of hax, move over Bradley Squiggins. There's a new hopper in town.

I never got the chance to play as my squigs. :(

My most recent game:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3354930

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! A win, my only serious injury was successfully healed and I got THREE levels. Feels good, man. I got two lots of +AG (should probably have taken guard or mighty blow on the Warrior but I need all the play-making help I can get) and block on another warrior.

Next up is this lot:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=655719

That'll be Obelix leading the chaos warriors on mummy duty, then.

I BEAT ROOKIE ORCS in the most boring way possible. Next up! High Elves!

Tomorrow about 11 am
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 09-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I won't be able to watch at that time. Bit selfish of you not to consult me before confirming the time to be honest, Jim.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3355615

OH MY WORD I WON AGAIN

Okay so next up are this team (tomorrow at 1pm!), coached by the ninth best guy on the site. So doomed. Any inducement ideas? I've got a couple skills to pick so I'll have about 570k to play with.

STONE THE CROWS I WON AGAIN

Through to round 5, the last 32! Will be a while, I need other people to play their games first. Still. HEROIC JIM.

Jim's last game was quite entertaining. And not even especially uncomfortable from what I saw.

I lost 2-1 to easilyamused's Orcs last night and I kind of gave him the game to be honest. A couple of turns that I could have done much better on if I'd stopped and properly thought them out. Good game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I got two lots of +AG (should probably have taken guard or mighty blow on the Warrior but I need all the play-making help I can get
    How right I was. Because I am an OAF who IS NOT VERY OBSERVANT I gave +AG to the warrior who'd already had -AG. Poor Redbeard has had to be retired and a new warrior drafted in.

Some dreadful necros tonight:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=655736

I sense this is going to go well.

Well, ended the season with a draw that became a defeat thanks to a T16 one-turner by his AG4, blodging, side-stepping werewolf.

I had the better of the luck but, crucially, though I smashed a fair number of his players it was mostly KOs. This left me unable to try and press my numbers advantage more and I stalled and scored for 1-0 on T16 and because of a) his number of spares and b) him recovering KO'd players I wasn't able to get the win. I thought I played well even before the dice all started going in my favour though. I kicked off but just kept contact as much as possible until I started to take a few players down and then he was forced to take more risks. I was a dodge and two GFIs away from receiving the ball for the second half with a lead.

So I end the season with a win, a draw, four defeats, a -6 TD difference and a -3 CAS difference.

And I might yet have managed another improbable escape from relegation as I aim to become the Coventry City of the White Isle League. There are three teams below me. One who never showed up, one who has already played all his games and a team of undead who have one game left against some fairly grim chaos who if they keep winning will be getting promoted. So I'm actually confident of my survival.
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=gr...&p=tournaments (CTRL+F for 'my fellow armoricans')

As for the state of my team.... well, it's still a niggle-fest. Obelix continues to be an absolute hero/MVP-hog (8 in 38 games) and while I probably ought to consider binning him for the amount of value bloat he brings and because with AV7 he's a disaster waiting to happen but that's simply not going to happen. My most skilled Blood Bowl player ever and he's going to die in action, as Nuffle intended it.

Warrior-wise I've still got Gluteus Maximus, the only player who has played every game this team has played and so he's not only skilled but is -stat and niggle-free. Alongside him are a warrior with block and a 1-game old warrior with 2SPP to his name already.

As for beastmen I have the two with niggles but who are the stars (Asterix with Claw and Cacofonix with +MA and wrestle as their primary skills.) A ball-carrier with sure hands and block, a +AG one and one with no skills yet, leaving me needing to earn some money in a between-seasons friendly and get a new beastman.

Priorities:
    - Keep Obelix alive.
    - New beastman.
    - A level on Asterix, I'd really like him to get MB to go with his claw if possible.
    - Keep Obelix alive.
    - Skills on the two newest warriors.
    - KEEP OBELIX ALIVE.

Jim's next cup opponents look fun:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=682422

:S

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yowser. Not sure whether it's the legendary ST5 warrior, the two dedicated foulers or the block, tackle beast that's the most worrying.

That said - not much tackle in the team and lacking guard. They also don't have a very impressive win ratio. It might be ok...

I'll have about 420 inducements to play with if I fiddle with the number of cheerleaders. I am pondering buying a lineman (70), wizard (150), two babes (100) and an apo (100) and hoping.

That nurgle team is beautiful.