Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Oh, yes, it appears soI misread the "At the moment applications are closed" line thinking it was it's own sentence and not reading properly.

I've applied with my Pact as they have 11 fit players ready to go.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Crown of Sand! Humans/Lizards/Halflings in my group. First up: Ulrik's lizardmen.

Not a fearsomely-developed team but he's a formidable coach.

I've got some not-too-dreadful khemri:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=659154

I've never been more pleased to see a team has two +AGs. And I reckon, provided they don't all die quickly, my big guys can have a go at his tomb guardians. I hope to get the chance to target the one with the niggle.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The Boxing Gloves have a talent for being massively reduced in numbers in majors. Made a decent attempt despite finishing the first half with just the ogre, but fell 2-1 in the last turn.

Yeah, wish I just hadn't bothered entering the Crown.

Least enjoyable game for quite some time, and that's some going given some of the slaughterings my chaos have taken.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    17 cas against in three games. This is going well I think.

Well on course to beat season 24's record of 29 cas in seven games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Meanwhile, in the WIBBL:

EVERYBODY DIES.

I saw the link you sent me to that last night after you'd gone off Steam. "Ouch" is the word, I believe.

I played out a 1-1 with some weakly humans. Given his relatively weak team and the the fact that my punching dice were mostly pretty good (I only hurt one person, and Obelix remains sub-100SPP but I KO'd a few) I reckon I'd have won if not for some properly mental dice in the first half. It seemed I could only roll 1, 5 or 6. So 5s and 6s when hitting things and then 1s on a number of 5AG dodges and GFIs (with re-rolls.)

Could really have done with a win but a point is better than a kick in the teeth, nobody died and I got block on another two players, so it wasn't a disaster by any means.

What a day.

First of all, you should all go the replay and skip to turn 16 and watch my heroic winner:
    http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3391435

No massive dice rolls needed, just a lot of them.

Second of all, Obelix became my first ever 100SPP player. What an absolute hero. I love that big, loveable, MVP-hogging bastard.

Well there's a bonus. The undeads I'm playing next are a mummy down. Let's see how the remaining one likes a face full of Obelix being all up in his shit.

I'd really like to try and kill this: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=pl...yer_id=8018770

That team is chock-full of absolute bastards. At least you managed to splatter a few of them and get a result. Even though I scraped a draw in my most recent match against them they still punched the bejesus out of me, killing two.

As for my first match against them...

VICTORY.

- Second, SECOND, win of the season.
    - All my players now have at least one skill.
    - 4/4 games this season so far where nothing dreadful has happened to any of my players. Including him having Hack Enslash repeatedly foul my AG5er.
    - More Obelix-based heroics as he notches up another two casualties, including smashing the other team's lone fit mummy out of the match.
    - With one team who can overtake me still to play their fourth, I am third in the table!

My remaining schedule is pretty tough so I suspect I'm in no real danger of challenging for promotion but it's nice to see what I could be doing when all my players aren't dying every other game.

I thought I'd posted about MORE VICTORY.

He got diced to oblivion but who cares, I won!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Diced to defeat against Blockndroll's dorfs, but at least no permanent damage was done.

I doubt I'll be able to say the same after I play these happy chappies next :(

The only good thing is that before they play me, they have to play the other clawpombers ha ha ha. I for one will be rooting for Cribble to murder all the murderers for me.

My tally in two games against them: Three niggles, two -AG. (Two journeymen, but still.)

Kill 'em all, Janek.

Got awarded a win because my WIL opponent didn't show up.

And holy shit, it means if I win my last game I'll be promoted to the Premier Division. I won't win I don't think, but even a draw would get me into the playoffs. It's just nice not to be flirting with relegation, to be honest.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This WIBBL game is ludicrous.

I fully recommend checking out the replay, if only for my first turn (while kicking).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That could've gone worse. On the other hand nooooo Garibaldi. Also fuck you, apothecary.

Next up, clawpomb nurgle. This is getting about as varied as the Box.

I spectacularly failed to buy some new beastmen even though I have the cash so I'm going to have to set my team as ready for my first game with two journeymen. This bodes well for the new season.