Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hmm yeh it does sound like you would get the most utility out of break tackle. Think I'm gonna give my krox that so I can stick his prehensile tail in awkward spots.

The main thing that was making me wonder about multiple-block is the (theoretically) increased income of SPPs and it helps him tie up even more guys but I think I'm leaning toward break tackle.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Activated Node
    The way multiple block works, also makes it a fairly ridiculous cage breaker. If my understanding is correct, the defenders do not need to be standing next to each other any more, thus you can easily remove two corners of the cage exposing the ball carrier to all sorts of man marking. Even if that falls, it can heavily stall the cage's advancement. Granted, this will probably require blitzing with an ogre, which is always a recipe for heartbreak. And as you said, it could increase the speed he skills up, perhaps allowing him to get break tackle in the near future.

Can you multi-block on a blitz, though? I was under the (possibly incorrectly!) impression it was only from a stand.

DECISIONS.
    Last edited by Ian; 08-06-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Right, shall we try and get this tourney sorted for this weekend since Janek's actually created it?

Janek, Jim, Justa, Laneford, Pakoito, Rakysh and myself have all been about and posting in here, etc. and I think Fede and disperse both posted relatively recently in ye olde forum so that's nine of us if we can rouse them. Or if we're not looking likely to get started this weekend we can make a collective effort to give pakoito and Rakysh some games with whichever team they're hoping to take into the Open to get 'em some levels. :)

I would definitely be in for that sort of thing, yeah. And a match or two to improve the boys would be really nice, once I've got the runners in I'll feel good to go.

Activated Node
    Considering how many new players we have, do we want to put a bit of a cap on the TV. Say something in the 1300 or 1500 range. It might not be the best welcoming party to bring out some of our near 2k level teams. I mention this even though I desperately want to get some bloodletting going with my necros.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I'm kind of available this weekend, and my summer vacations start on the 15th :p I'm not sure about my faction yet, but I seem to like slow but reliable teams: dwarves, chaos dwarves or undead maybe.

Yeah, while I do sort of like the idea of 1,000,000 worth of rerolls, apoths, bribes and wizards, I like the idea of a 200 tv necro team somewhat less.

I assume nothing'll happen if RPS Open IV just sits unused until we're ready, so presumably we could just start with the Pro Tour (our mid-range tourney, for the new folks) and get the teams built up to that?

Also, do we just take the TV limits of the old tournaments and add a zero (so we have 125, 1600 and uncapped) or will we need to move the goalposts a little to suit things better? I'm not sure what level it is that teams really start to advance into something good but 1500, 1600TV sounds about right.

I guess we're also down to a three-tournament schedule now until stunties are sorted out one way or the other for [L] and we can reintroduce the stunties to the RPS calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    I'm kind of available this weekend, and my summer vacations start on the 15th :p I'm not sure about my faction yet, but I seem to like slow but reliable teams: dwarves, chaos dwarves or undead maybe.
    Is that "This is when I'm going somewhere I won't have internet for x weeks"-vacation or "this is when I finish work/school/whatever for a while"-vacation? Either way, as I stressed in the top post we're not a demanding bunch in terms of getting tournaments finished and we don't set day or week limits per round.

Not least because we usually use.... er... whatever the format's called that just lets you play who you like whenever. So if you look here you'll see it's not laid out by rounds, it's just picking a game you haven't played yet at a time that suits you and your opponent. :)

It means I'll be available most nights during week to play, and some few weekends. I usually am online this days too but I don't go into steam to talk because it lags my netbook a bit too much.

Plan everything, position your players, do the best strategy, do a whole turn without rolling dice. Fail the GFI on the touchdown line, alone. It's the 4th game on a row that I lose because of the dice.

Ah, I feel your pain. Just lost to someone fairly incompetent on dice alone; turns with eight two-dice-blocks, and no knockdowns, and the dreaded "short kick + blitz kick off roll".

I'm not the best on the playground but this guy kept mispositioning his players turn after turn, I could tackle him the ball out to fail a GFI with it (again), just to see him roll 6-6-3-6 to dodge, pickup, fieldpass and catch. Also, one mummy and a zombie bad injured and one wraith dead in undead team. Back to the box.
    Last edited by pakoito; 08-06-2011 at 07:59 PM.

On the flip side, we all get games where we deserve nothing more than a pasting and get the win. It all evens out in the end. :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay yeah um let's call it a cap of 1500 for Tournament Weight.

Do we want to try any of the optional rules? I'm happy leaving it vanilla, if PO starts looking too much of an issue we can tweak that next time.

Post that you're in by the weekend. I'll probably dive in with some Norse.
    Last edited by Janek; 08-06-2011 at 08:33 PM.

What optional rules do we have, then?

EDIT: In fact, I could just look. _ Though unless they're in the FAQ it might be worth posting for everyone else anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">+1 on the foul roll if the fouling player is not interfered.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Piling On rerolls do not get modified by skills.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ah. I don't think I'd personally want any of the other three anyway (even if they do make some sense, at least flavour-wise.)

Not sure about the PO one... I can't remotely fathom the maths for it off the top of my head to know what effect it has. :-P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Oh, I'm in. Not sure who with yet. But I'm in.