Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Had my first WIL game and I sort of hate how effective beating everything up is proving. Still, a victory against rats is always one worth celebrating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I've been mega busy drinking, I mean, working. I should be around this evening to get my tourney going.

I don't know that it's ever taken me so long to get my tournament under way, so apologies, lads.

I was waiting for Rakysh to play Jim so we could have some lowbie action but perhaps I ought to just try and play something that won't biff me to death (in theory) but that I just won't beat. :-P
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

And that pretty much sums up why I was planning to wait and try and get an even game first, if possible.

I made a fucking pig's ear of my inducements, mind. That didn't help.

EDIT: Er, given the theme of my team "pig's ear" wasn't a pun. :D
    Last edited by Ian; 13-09-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Winning start in the Premiership woo.

Show-off.

;)

The elves are back! Both Rakysh and I had makeshift, patched-up teams, missing three first-team starters, but both started with twelve players. He hired a chainsaw, a bribe and a reroll and I figured the main problem would be those three unstoppable AV7 killing machines - the berserker, the ulfwerener and the chainsaw. The first half was spent trying to injure them and running in a touchdown whenever I possible could. There was a flood of norse casualties in around turn 4 and that turned the tide. We scored, lost a player, scored again, lost a player, repeat. Rakysh's berserker stood up to anything I could throw at him, managing four casualties overall, but the rest of the team wasn't helping him. By charging forward at every opportunity we were able to end up winning 5-0 with a bucket of skillpoints. And nobody died.

Activated Node
    Well, today was another fine example of my team's unabashed hatred for all things elven. Janek and I played our match with roughly equal tv with me down one of my star wolves. That apparently only inspired the rest of the team to try that much harder. The match began with me kicking off and a nice punch off commencing towards the center of the pitch. Despite my best efforts and several successful blitzes, a blasted elf walked in a td at turn 6, but the process cost Janek 2 kos, and two other injuries. With the pressure on, my rookie ghoul actually did his part and completed a pass, allowing me to set up for a td to close out the first half. The injuries continued to mount, but Janek apparently splurged on the good apothecary as the he managed to bring back an elf from the dead after a zombie accidentally stepped on his face repeatedly.

By the time the second half kicked off the blasted elves had recovered enough ko's to field a full team, and nuffle even went so far as to give them a blitz. It was a bit for naught, as the dice only came up with pushes, and ended up with a lot of elves standing next to some very violent key players. By turn 4 of the second half, there were more elves in the injury box than on the pitch, and it was decided to save some players for following matches.

Guys we are going to have to club together and kill Justa.

I mean his team.

Activated Node
    I was trying to offset my thirst for blood by playing goblins in the last tourney. Really, I tried. How was I supposed to know that they were taking lessons from my necros at night.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man that was cruel. I wasn't actually expecting to beat PeteW's ridiculous elves (seriously he had three +AG Guard elves whaaaat) but to have a result dangled in front of my nose so many times was a bit annoying. Twice I had a skink in possession within scoring range only for him to steal it and go running up the pitch for another touchdown. Also at one stage my wizard fireballed a cluster of a catcher and both wardancers. Didn't hit a sausage. 4-2 the final result :(

(On the plus side, decent winnings, no injuries, and a saurus and skink levelled)

Another game, another inevitable defeat.

My own fault for forgetting my skill level when planning to let inducements prop me up.

Oh well, at least nobody's dead yet. [/tempt's fate]

well, beat Ian's pestilent pestigors 1-0 but by god it wasn't easy. Woodies refused to do the easy stuff, nurgle refused to roll anything but skulls but every single time I knocked the ball loose it landed in a chaos warrior's hands, somehow.

Everything Jim says is true. I'd love to say it was my excellent positional play that made it hard for Jim but it was just lolworthy dice. Particularly the aforementioned warriors and their knack for catching scatterballs.

Kept breaking wood elf armor in my WIL game but the buggers wouldn't get injured. :( Although I did MNG a 5AG wardancer, so that was satisfying.

Two game-changing moments came on GFIs. My AG4 beastman BH'd himself on a GFI and I failed to score a turn 8 equaliser because of a GFI. :(

Me and laneford just played a friendly. Not to blow you away with technical Blood Bowl parlance but it was FUCKING MENTAL, YEH?

Aside from Laneford stacking up a few injuries (including two deaths, one was saved by apo) near the end we both had oodles of good luck.

Dunno if anyone else has any interest in joining WIL but they're looking for more people already as it seems they've got potential dropouts.

Quote Originally Posted by JockMcRowdy
    Some of these unplayed games are due to coaches being away from the site, so we will have to have another recruitment drive, to either replace coaches for round 2/3 or just get people into the fringe for next season.

So if anyone knows anyone maybe interested in joining the WIL please invite them to come chat in #whiteisle or refer them to one of the staff.

Activated Node
    Well, I certainly am interested. The only catch is that I have such limited availability to play my matches. Is it common to have members that can only play their games during the weekends?

Janek and Jim will tell you better than me, but I've played an American fellow already so timezone-management is presumably necessary for a number of players.