Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Perhaps I've just had poor luck against MB/claw then (adding onto to invariably being outplayed which means I'm taking more hits than a better player probably would) but seeing it on some of the [B] teams it just seemed to rip stuff to bits even without piling on. And obviously once a couple go it tends to pile up.

I've just worked out I'm going to be giving up nearly 700k inducements in my next WIL game.

Bribes aplenty, stars with claw or chainsaws, multi-apos.

Could get messy. :D

After that I have the team who've been giving everyone a doing. After that's dalfort's lizards who I've beaten before, so I make that as me being 0-1-3 before I have a game where I rate myself as having much chance of notching up my first win. Unless the ratlord I play next has AV7 that behaves itself and/or is about as astute with inducements as I've been recently, but he's a fairly experienced player so that's probably wishful thinking. (He has a lower win percentage than I do, but then he's probably been playing in the likes of WIL longer.)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

That Janek is such a show off.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    BIFF

(sorry Ian)

Well that game between me and Laneford was fucking stupid. I think it's safe to say few people have seen so many ones in the one game. I don't know how they could have.

Also my randomness team project will be starting afresh after that nightmare.

Activated Node
    I am strongly considering creating an all zombie and flesh golem team. Why you might ask? Other than the fact that it sounds like fun fielding the zombie apocalypse every turn, the answer is simple. I apparently need more frustration and disappointment in my life. That leaves the question of where to create this monstrosity. Naturally the team is going to be heavily reliant on fouling away with cheap linemen, so that seems to point to a Blackbox environment. Yet my highly competitive nature would rather see me lose to friends than a random assortment of minmaxed nightmares. Decisions.

The Count was pretty awesome in my latest WIL game. Two passes, two casualties, no rerolls required at any point. I can recommend him for all your being awesome needs.

I've never had the Count.

I fell in love with Morg when I hired him though. 6 sauri, a kroxigor and Morg against skaven. It was beautiful.

M'also trying to figure out what to do with my ghouls now they're approaching skill #2. Currently I have four blodgers so, assuming no stat-ups.

Ghoul 1: Dodge, Block, Sure Hands, Sidestep
    Ghoul 2: Dodge, Block, Sidestep, Diving Tackle
    Ghoul 3: Dodge, Block, Tackle, Strip Ball
    Ghoul 4: Dodge, Block, Strip Ball, Wrestle

Would seem like a nice group. Thoughts? >_>

Assuming no doubles/stats that seems a solid way to build them. To have Block and wrestle seems a bit of a wasted opportunity as they're dealing with the same situation but if there's nothing else you desperately want/need then obviously it's a useful skill to have.

Yeah if one of them dies then I'll replace him with

Dodge, Wrestle, Strip Ball, Tackle

but of course I don't want one to die >_>

Activated Node
    But dying is what a ghoul does best. I am not sure what is the biggest killer of them, it is a toss up between either failing a dodge or a gfi. It seems that I can do a decent job projecting them from my opponents, but there is only so much you can do to protect them from themselves.

Yeah ghouls like to die so you'll get a fresh one soon enough.

I like to build two with wrestle (as blitzery/offensive types) like your #3 & #4 and two with block (as defensive/marker types) like #2.

I don't really like strip ball so I usually go for sidestep instead because it's annoying and lets you stay close to the ball carrier (and stay safe near the sidelines).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Strip ball is one of those skills I never really think I'm a huge fan of, right up until I'm rolling all of the push dice there are. :P

Activated Node
    I consider strip ball as a skill best suited to the more graceful races. Ideally you want to get the ball out of the opponents hands and have some high agility monstrosity run by and pick it up in eight tackle zones. It is something I could get a lot of mileage out of with my skaven team, but it doesn't suit my necros or chaos much at all. Perhaps that is just how I see things though.

All just down to personal playstyle, really.

It's probably good to have one safety-type (or a ball-hunter, if you've built one of those) player with it on any team because even the most careful BB player can suddenly find themselves with some horrific gutter runner/catcher/total bastard running free into their backfield. And if you're tooled up with tackle and strip ball their chances of retaining it are slim.

Now there's a thought, does a push that comes via juggernaut then activate strip ball if the player has it? Because that'd make it an interesting idea for a safety/hunter if you combined those two with frenzy. It'd even make going into frenzy-traps more worth the risk in certain circumstances.

Activated Node
    It does in fact stack with juggernaut as far as I know. It is one of the things that makes the star player Setekh actually useful. Stats for those who don't know, block, break tackle, juggernaut , strip ball, 4 str, 2 agi, 6 ma. All for the reasonable price of 220k.

If he's the one I'm thinking of I'd forgotten he had strip ball as well. I've used him before and he'd pretty handy. If you were facing an inducements mountain against elves or zons or something he'd be a cracking buy.

I just never seem to have the strip ball guy in the right place at the right time, probably because I'm terrible and should think more than a turn ahead.

The point about it being better for Agi teams is well taken also as I tend to prefer slower/bashier teams.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Well I already have a wight with it, so I figure by having two more there will be SOMEONE in the right place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    My broken Norse lost to Rakysh's less broken norse, but have jumped up 400TV as all Justa's casualties return, a little more broken.

I've also discovered I own the 15th best Zombie in [L] history, and the 3rd best living wolf.

In your face Killer's Smile.