Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Sweet, my killing machine norse bastard is fifth, and only one broken dark elf away from fourth.

And I definitely lucked out vs laneford. Early casualties were inflicted, I managed to make a 3+ GFI and then hit a 1DB on his isolated ball carrier. Other than his norse turning in to elves for one turn, he had nothing like as much. Especially with the Yeti.

YETI!
    Last edited by Rakysh; 03-10-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Yeah, and Tut is quite high on the list of [L] mummies too. :)

We found a few players of ours in those to be honest, though I'm not sure the lists aren't broken somehow because the better of my two orc throwers isn't on the appropriate race/position list but my less-good one is.

Anyway, I really need to get games sorted against Rakysh and Disperse so my boys can be fully prepared for justa's uncanny hurtdice. (Or my uncanny hurt dice? I'm never sure whether to attribute injuries to the misfortune of the hitter or the hit-ee.)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah there's something funky about the lists - Peteldinho should be 2nd highest active Ghoul. Maybe it's discounting teams that haven't played since the CRP switch?

Activated Node
    The top lists are only including the teams that have played at least one match since the migration to FFB. Perhaps the orc team with your other thrower has yet to see the pitch?

If pushed I'd have guessed they had but looking at them I haven't rolled 'em out since the end of my NBFL season in February, so I guess not. I'm a bit frightened of bringing them out. He'd have a good chance of becoming my first ever 76SPP player but I FEAR DEATH.

Is Peteldinho the ghoul who, were it not for limits, would have AG84 by now?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Just so you know, if you buy a wizard, click to use him, then click cancel, it irreversibly destroys your game. And thus did the first Jim-Disperse attempt at a match die. Shame as said wizard had cazzed two elves _

Ah, so that's what happened. I think the wizard icon is or was bugged if the non-wizard-owner clicked it but didn't know going to use one and then not doing would so cause it to wig out.

Meant to say I managed to scrape a win in my WIL game last night, at a cost. Against rats who had only one gutter runner but with 700k or so inducements to use.

He bought a wizard, Headsplitter and............ something else, I forget what. My claw minotaur made short work of Headsplitter, and while I initially thought the wizard hadn't done the job, it in fact had. See, he fireball'd my semi-cage, knocking over the three players caging but missed the ball-carrier. "Good times," I thought, but his stupid linerats weren't as tied up as I thought, making some good dodges to blitz me over and his accursed gutter runner dodged in, snatched the ball in a tackle zone and dodged back out before having it away on his toes.

So he scored but I managed to keep punching. At turn 5 in the second I had the ball on the goal-line and had to decide whether I was feeling braver than usual and fancied going for 2-1. So I scored and then luckily got perfect defence on the kickoff (and he hadn't noticed my +MA beastman) and was able to blitz through and snatch a win. I then got ANOTHER perfect defence which allowed me to move my players and prevent an attempted 1-turner. The match finished at something like seven players for each team still standing with me winning 2-1, giving me a 1-1-1 record in the WIL thus far.

The gains:
    A win, three skills, 21 SPP overall and the pleasure of maiming five rats, including two -AVs and a kill. And it was a really good fun (if a bit mental) game, which is most important.

The losses:
    A tackler gets an MNG/niggle when I have division-topping elves coming up next and another beast got a standard MNG too. But mostly, my AG4 beastman got killed->apo->killed.

>:(

Still, three of seven games and I'm currently not far off the pace for promotion. I imagine that'll change when I play the helves who top the division, but it's nice to be in contention at the halfway(ish) stage. :)

You know when I needed to be on the pointy end of a dicing that'll rob me of two of my five strength players for the next game? When I'm about to play lizards, that's when.

Christ almighty, I've had some doings in my time but it's rare that I can so comprehensively say that I couldn't actually have won without the dice being dramatically different.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    What did I do to deserve facing ST7 Block monsters in consecutive games?

Oh dear god. Kill it. Kill it with fire.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I managed to KO The Bard in turn 2, but he came back at half time :(

Will be looking for a similar positive start against the mummy.

I meant the mummy, personally. It's a big guy without a big guy negative skill, and mighty blow. Just thank god it hasn't doubled to get blodge as well.

7ST. *drool*

I was proud of Kumar Sangakkara up until this moment

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    what a FREAK!
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

No Matt Prior? I am disappoint. Still, that's awesome.

To think I had a +2ST orc blitzer who I retired in a fit of petulance when he aged a niggle.

Was even when I knew that the new client was coming.

I'm sorry, Dawk. :'(

So. These lizards are what I've got to play against tonight with my limping chaos. Could really have done with not losing an ST5 (with claw :() and an ST4 player when coming up against lizards, but there we are. Luckily I have an ST4 beastman to try and stem the tide a little and lots of block and tackle. So basically I'm going to try and murder the fuck out of the skinks (especially that ST3, jump up bastard) and hope the big boys keep flapping at the ball.

Though that sure hands kroxigor worries me somewhat. You just know he'll pick today to be awesome. :(

Still, on the "bright" side I've little-to-no chance of promotion even if I win, so I can worry about not letting my remaining good players get maimed.