Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Y'know I think I'll make this the long-awaited return of the Sundered Slayers.

All stars being with no TV limits? If I'm invited, I'll bring the Blue Ballers to the party, but if anyone feels like granting me a nice match before hand to boost the TV a wee bit I'll be eternally grateful.
    Last edited by Rakysh; 02-09-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Fumbbl is apparently down for maintenance... :(

three necro teams seems excessive to me, I'm tempted to bring my Norse, they've never had a taste of proper tourney action yet.

I will bring the slightly undercooked Ham Nurglers. See if I can't improve them in the heat of competition.

In other news, my team is the most advanced in the WIL division I have been put into.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?pag...nts&group=3449

Two high elf teams, rats, norse, woodies, vamps and lizards against my chaos.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Premiership's surprisingly gentle this year, not that I particularly rate my chances of survival (and I'm going into it with far too few skinks).

Not looking forward to facing this guy though.

I hope you kill it with a skink. :D
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Activated Node
    And the RPS All Stars tourney is officially on. See you all on the pitch.

Its ON.

(please don't kill me Justa)

Obscure Node
    Um, how many Necro teams have we got already? Gotta go with Nine Inch Necromancers though. The Skaven are barely a team at this point.

There's only two (I didn't bring mine). And the tourney's started so you can't change now even if you wanted to!

Why didn't I bring dwarves

Oooooooooooow

Activated Node
    So this weekend I was able to play two of my matches against Jiiim and Rakysh. Unfortunately for both teams, the players seemed more interested in convening in the KO box to discuss life insurance policies than play with my zombie horde. Rakysh even had the distinct pleasure of hiring Zara the slayer to conduct his seminar. After a promising start, in which Zara ko'ed one of my fleshies, but was saved by thick skull, and ko'ing one of my poor defenseless wolves, she was ushered to the sidelines by my other wolf. From that point, the entire norse team seemed bound and determined to find an easy exit off the field, even going as far as to commit suicide by gfi.

My match with Jiiim took place on a terribly muddy pitch, that thankfully only had a minimal impact on the game. The wood elves came out with avengence, apparently still upset from our last encounter, and injured a zombie and koing a wight, all while scoring a slick td by the second turn. As my drive progresses, the field starts to clear out rather quickly with the injury boxes approaching capacity, yet Jiiim never fails to agitate, as he pulls off a series of key blitzes forcing me to try and make a turn 8 pick up in the endzone for the tie, which despite the rain my wight manages to pull it off. The second half kicks off with Jiiim emptying his reserves of all of his spare rookies. They didn't spend much time on the field after seeing their proud wardancer Norton leave the field on a stretcher. Nuffle apparently wasn't interested in a one turn score when Jiiim received on turn 18 for a tie, as most of his ko box decided they were perfectly comfortable where they were.

In zombie related news, I really love this blog post about a custom zombie team. Here.

I like the idea of zombies getting a reduced version of the stats of what they kill though I'm not sure how open to unbalance that'd be. (If at all.)

Rakysh, are you a) wanting to play me next as I've the next-lowest TR? (fair warning, I have three MBers) or b) wanting to play somebody that'll give you a massive pile of inducements to try and overcome the MNGs a bit?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm sure that it used to be in the rules that you keep the statline (not skills or +stats) except with -2 MA and -1 AG (which is why big guys and stunties don't count). Maybe I'm imagining things again.

I was hoping to play Jim next if that's ok, cos what damage can a bunch of elves do, right guys?

Guys?

Activated Node
    Some questions are not meant to be asked for fear that Nuffle may just answer them. That was one such question Rakysh.

Well I'll maybe hang about a bit and see what happens after that game, Rakysh. I have a WIL game to get organised in the meantime anyway.

I managed a 1-1 draw in my first WIL game. This isn't too bad given what a clusterfuck the dice were for all concerned.

I was against vamps and giving up about 400k in inducements. He bought a wizard that managed to not knock down any of the four beastmen within range (which is a 1/16 chance, I think?) and a werewolf star player called Wilhelm Chainey, whom my minotaur knocked out in turn 2 and he never woke up for the rest of the game.

For my part, I think the success of my pick-ups was something like 3/14 which stopped me doing... well, anything of any help really.

Still, a point isn't bad and I managed to pick up 12 SPP for no further permabiffs so all in all not a bad outing.

Wood elves up next. With an AG5 wardancer if somebody doesn't kill it before they play me.

Obscure Node
    I worked a bunch of extra hours yesterday so I could squeeze in an early game this (EST) afternoon if anyone is interested.