Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Sure hands Krox? Sounds like my kind of player.

edit: In one game that krox had an interception and two completed passes.

Hero.

I've considered giving 2AG big guys sure hands before but invariably chicken out and give them block or whatever. :(
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I think Ruddock needs sure hands.

I think you'd be cursing him. Making him SEEM more competent would only make Nuffle taunt you by having him never ever pick the ball up.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I have never seen ANYBODY roll as many pushes and skulls in one game as poor old Dalfort did against me on my way to getting a Nuffletastic 3-0 win there. Two of his sauri hurt themselves throwing blocks at me. *facepalm*

A 3-0 win, 20SPP (5 on my journeyman, mind) and no hurtage meaning I'm back to full fitness next game.
    Last edited by Ian; 20-10-2011 at 09:54 AM.

I didn't realise that R Jim is doing quite well in his promotion battle:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=gr...nts&group=3449 (CTRL+F for Zomb)

Of course I've now cursed him. Sorry Jim.

This may guilt me into finally stapling biographies and pictures onto that hastily cobbled-together team. I think I'm currently at the Undead sweet spot, mind. It's going to be tough next year. If I don't lose to the lizards in my next game, top two position is guaranteed so: gonna try for that.

If things go reasonably well SPP wise your team could suddenly get a lot better in a short space of time, which is handy if you are going up a level next season. A mummy (block, guard) on 29 SPP, a wight (MB, tackle) on 25, two vanilla zombies on 5 apiece, blodge ghouls in 14 and 15 and another zombie on 12. That's the sort of position I love it when a team's in, and if you get the results to get promoted it follows that you'll probably have racked up some SPP so you'll probably have got another few levels anyway. :) I think you're looking pretty solid.

I've never thought about it before but I wondered when playing Dalfort last night whether getting a proper theme with matching names, pictures, etc. is less usual than I'd have guessed. It might be just that he happens to have not played many teams like it but upon discovering that all my players are have names (and matching pictures) of actual characters from Asterix he seemed astonished.

I measure eagerness to play a game in terms of "the proportion of players on my team that are on MVP away from levelling up".

By this measure, Zomb have an eagerness rating of 0.47 which is alright I suppose. I have a feeling it could be better though.

Let's see...yeah they get beaten by Europe's Finest (0.54), Allardyce XI (0.57), Ology (0.57), Leaplings (0.62) and Family Fortunes (0.62). Not bad. They're certainly much better than A Bit of Fry and Laurie (0.15). Though I feel that also the number of games you've played so far should be factored into this proportion, as it's even better when you get those levels 50 games in when they're likely to be much higher SPP.

That's pretty much what I do. And in the interests of keeping track of such things and because I am MISTER SAD I have made a spreadsheet which tells me what my teams all rate on that basis.

So my top teams are:
    1st: Marvelous Ladies (0.67)
    2nd: Half-Pint Pixels (0.58)*
    3rd: Money For Old Trope (0.58)

Worst/least appealing teams, not counting teams who've never played yet, are:
    3rd worst: Tour de Norse (0.09)
    2nd worst: Las Shamblas (0.08)
    Worst: Sky Blue Scrappers (0.........................0!) Not one player on the Scrappers an MVP away from a level. D:

*This lot are flings, so most of those will die before they get any more SPP of any kind. ;)

I should keep this list though. Whenever me and Laneford play friendlies there's invariably about ten minutes of "Well who do you want to play as?"

And that's only my [L] teams. Didn't bother counting [B] as I'm barely ever going to choose to play [B] if there's an RPSer around.

Activated Node
    I fully sympathize about having teams that constantly call at you to play them. My biggest problem is that my [L] teams in this category rank as follows Rise and Slime, Justa Bit Bloodier, Any Means Necassary, and possibly Justa Flesh Wound in fourth place. The top three teams have no clue what a "Friendly" match is. My box necros, Heads Will Roll, are nearly tied with Rise And Slime for my all time favorites, but I lost some drive to play in the box. Something about hitting a constant diet of chaos, nurgle, and dwarfs at that TV.

What you need, Justa, is some nice elves.

It must be awful, Justa. Only playing against teams designed to kill.

;)
    Last edited by Ian; 20-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.

I've applied the Block Puppets for the FUMBBL Cup. That'll get rid of their undefeated record in short order.

Should I risk a [B] game before it starts to try and get rid of that MNG or will Nuffle only reward me with a clawfiend who eats my face and makes matters worse?

Who else is applying/has applied?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Guess I'll give the Boxing Gloves their traditional runout. Need a game beforehand to clear some MNGs and I'm in prime clawpomb territory. Erk.

I've sent in A Bit of Fry and Laurie to get beaten up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Actually I believe I'll wait and see which of my candidate teams (Boxing Gloves, Necromancity and the Raging Naturists) are in the best shape before applying

Activated Node
    Perhaps I will jump on the bandwagon. My wolves have lived far too long, perhaps this will give them the death they deserve. I am sure the fans will appreciate a bloody end.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I appear to have mysteriously (and temporarily) found myself second place in the WIL premiership. Admittedly this is primarily due to playing more games than anyone else, but shh.

It's a pity replays aren't working though, my last-turn winning touchdown in my game against the horror mummy was a thing of beauty - horrormummy double skulled against a saurus, allowing me at the ghoul ballcarrier who was one turn from my line. Pow! The ball's caught by my 2AG DP skink. Noone's in range up the other end, but aha, I think, aha. There's a sidestep skink just one tile out of range, and enough support around to set up a chainpush. PUSH, it's in range. POW it has no tacklezones. HANDOFF it has the ball. GFI one more GFI for the win yeeeeesssss.

Jim, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

In a(n as yet unfinished, 'cause Laneford's new internet is mental) friendly last night, we decided to select a team or teams to use based on your "teams with most players within an MVP of levelling.) Laneford's undeads were selected. And my high elves are KILLING THEM ALL.

(Well, a death, a -ST and... a BH I think. But still.)

That said, he should still win, or at least draw, but it wasn't quite the point of the match for all his players to explode.