Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Apparently O2 are still testing our connection here.

My Internet is like a fledgling baby bird, emerging from it's nest, and only now learning to fly.

If you have an unfinished game it adds it to the appropriate team as a scheduled match.

That's pretty nifty.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

So my first season in the WIL will finish by playing some high elves, in a game where I'll be giving up about 680k in inducements I think. A win would be ultimately meaningless but it'd be nice as it'd improve my chances of a top half finish, or maybe even in third place.

Do helves have any access to any horrible punchers in the list of star players? If not I imagine I'll be up against a lot of stuff just decided to stop me whittling down his team (babes, wandering apos) and possibly a bribe or two. Hopefully my minotaur can run riot. :)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Dolfar Longstride (150), Soaren Hightower (180), Eldril Sidewinder (200), Prince Moranion (230), Zara the Slayer (270), Morg 'n' Thorg (430). The last three are all big hitters.

I think if I were them I'd use that on Eldril, Morg and a babe.

I think with claw and mighty blow running all over the place and him already fielding three journeymen he'd be inviting even more damage to his team, but that's not to say he won't do it.

That plus he's probably better than me and could make it work anyway.

EDIT: Actually, I've less MB than I thought.

And obviously he might be quite happy to move on with journeymen and build for the long term. He's got a core of a few good players to build around.
    Last edited by Ian; 26-10-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I believe the phrase is "blood for the blood god"

Awfully nice to not be the one being squished for a change, but losing the beast is a blow. Particularly since a) I'd finally got all my positionals and b) he was actually being competent.

That's fucking beautiful.

And it'll be good because it'll save me time when I'm trying to work out complicated sums for myself or dicking around with fractions in the calculator.

Finally lost in my final match of the WIL against orcs but I have secured promotion. Onwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    That's neat. Good find.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Check out these monstrosities I've got to get pasted by in the FUMBBL cup:
    http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?pag...team_id=163488

D:

I feel like I have a chance with my zons against these undead. No block on the mummies and only the one killer bastard.

You, though. You're in trouble >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Check out these monstrosities I've got to get pasted by in the FUMBBL cup:
    http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?pag...team_id=163488

D:
    Dear god, that can't be real.

As I said to Janek, at least the fact that he's been farming stats rather than hurt machines does at least give the team a chance of surviving to see another day.

Y'know, for all that [B] I never play.

A 2-1 defeat. T'was a valiant effort, though he rolled a tonne of skulls and shoves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    It was a very brave and valiant effort. I thought you had a draw in you, then he like, killed eight dudes in one turn.

fumbbl cup report: everybody died, but I somehow took it to overtime. Giving my opponent yet more time to kill people.

Jim's match was awesome. His equaliser was scored when he was down to, like, four players. And he started overtime with just five. :D

Well, me and Jim have made valiant efforts. Any other RPSites still to play/played already and not reported back?

Janek and Laneford didn't enter, the cowards. Justa was supposed to be putting one of his necromantic monsters in but it doesn't look like he got round to it.

THE COWARD

Activated Node
    Cowardice, perhaps. I spent some time thinking lately, and I am getting that sinking feeling that my Fumbbl time might be coming to a close. As much as I enjoy playing, that incessant drive that I used to have seems to be disappearing. I plan to keep in touch and what not, and close out our tournament, assuming that anyone ever works up the motivation to play. Beyond that, I don't know at this point.