Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

FUMBBL (Blood Bowl) Thread. Always looking for fresh meat!

Right then. This is the FUMBBL thread.

I've stuck Blood Bowl in the title in the hope of enticing people interested in BB but dunno what FUMBBL is and so ignore us.

All the reg'lars know what we're up to so here's some info for any potential newbies.

FUMBBL
    http://fumbbl.com/
    It's Blood Bowl! It doesn't have 3D shinies, but other than it's superior to the Cyanide game in a vast number of ways, depending on what you're looking for. It doesn't hide so many of the rules from you, works out some of the dice roll maths on your behalf, has better stat tracking for teams and players, lends itself better to naming teams and players after a theme, etc.

RPS FUMBBL Group
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=gr...iew&group=6940

If you're joining to play with us then any teams you want to enter into RPS tournaments and also for a better chance of getting "friendly" games with us lot then you'll be wanting to create teams in the "League" division (that's an option when you're making a team, can't miss it.)

We have a rough schedule of four league-based tournaments for teams at different levels, but if you happen to join at a point in the "calendar" when it's higher-level teams you shouldn't have too much problem getting games with us to progress your team a bit if you so desire.

Arranging friendlies
    We usually just work on a basis of either posting in here that we're looking for games or nudging each other on Steam.

So, as the title says we're always looking for new folk to join in. We're a friendly bunch with a very forgiving schedule in our tournaments (i.e. if you have a busy week you won't be forced to forfeit a game) and are always willing to offer any help or advice should it be needed. So JOIN US.
    Last edited by Ian; 03-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.

I'm wondering if it might be worth making an RPS FUMBBL group on there so as to differentiate us from people playing the Cyanide game, and so people don't have to guess at our Steam IDs.

Also, BB Code is switched off so that top post is a bit ugly at the moment. _

Have I missed anything that needs to go in the top post?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Have I missed anything that needs to go in the top post?
    If you are trying to help its visibility, you could tag the thread accordingly...

[EDIT]
    Hah! and the quote button inserts bbcode by default. Leaving it in for context.

Good call. Tag'd.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I'm still in, I was obviously joking on the old forum.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Dear opponent: It's 6 vs 11. I don't think it's really necessary to need three and a half minutes per turn.

Especially given that at any one time, two or three of those six will be stunned.
    Last edited by Janek; 04-06-2011 at 11:23 AM.

C'mon Janek, how can you you expect him which single player of yours not to double-team in a mere 4 minutes!?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Activated Node
    The new forum is so SHINY. Anyways, lets see if we can turn this into one of the longest running threads again. I am up for some fresh carnage.

Me and Justa just played an.... interesting game. It was 1-1 at half time and between us we had rolled a hilarious number of 1s and generally just failed a lot of stuff. This started the same briefly after half time until Nuffle obviously got bored of all this "share the wealth" nonsense and the coin he flipped came up elf. Justa's slann proceeded to spend 6 turns rolling skulls, failing pick-ups, walking into glass doors, etc.

Ended 4-1.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    RIP old MASSIVE thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Went Borak + Wizard in my WIBBL game. Time to biff some ogars.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Borak got my only two cas (apart from a snotling killed in turn 16). Money well spent I guess. Only just pulled off a win, though, as I went into autopilot and made a block when I meant to sling a fireball, so had to settle for a less suitable position the next turn.

Wins is wins. :)

Erm, hello. I've stuck in a team, just wondering if anyone fancied a game? It's a while since I've FUMBBL'd, but I'd like to get back in to it.

I'm a bit tied up this evening (potentially) with a game of Cyanide-flavour BB but if you're still about later and you've not nabbed anybody else for a game I might be able to play one. :)

Add me on Steam (ianwelby) if you like, that's the most reliable way of nudging me (and most of us in here) for a game.

Thanks, will do.

What do we think for Dion, chaps? Multiple Block (two 2-dice blocks on ST3 with relative ease) or Break Tackle (ST6 for cage-busting.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Break tackle.

Also Ian neglects to mention that the sheds are back

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    What do we think for Dion, chaps? Multiple Block (two 2-dice blocks on ST3 with relative ease) or Break Tackle (ST6 for cage-busting.)
    Whats the dodge roll for strength 6 going into 3 TZ's? I think its 3+, even so with loner it won't be that reliable?

Stupid sheds, breakin' mah mens. :( I had really bizarre luck. I made approximately three zillion 3+ and 4+ dodges but my block dice went rapidly downhill at the same time after they'd started well. Including removing Landis for the game in turn 1 or 2.

Also set my flings against Rakysh's norse and got a predictable thumping, but I DID get a one-turn touchdown after a touchback and a successfully thrown halfling. :D

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Whats the dodge roll for strength 6 going into 3 TZ's? I think its 3+, even so with loner it won't be that reliable?
    3+ if the cage is entirely in tact and I need to try something desperate (in which case a 1+, 2+ and then a two-dice block (probably) is still better than most desperate gambles, but unless I've made a complete pig's ear of it and have nobody by the cage I'd be hopefully only needing to dodge into two TZs with some helpful shoving. Alternatively, just use the ST6 to get away from whoever's marking him (as there's a chance somebody will be) and get TO the cage.