Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Christ almighty. Nuffle really has it in for the RPS contingent at the moment.

Aside from Jim, he's used up our quota of GOOD TIMES with that one-turner. Only death for us now.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    On the plus side, there is something wonderfully liberating about playing with journeyman skinks. They are the definition of completely disposable.

I pushed Freak's necros to the last turn despite playing with about five players for most of the match, just by wanton skink abuse.

Another hard-fought draw and I think my team is safe for another season. If I win the last two games and everything goes my way I think a playoff spot is possible but, uh...unlikely.

Yet another waste of fucking time. Down to 2 players by the end. _

Relegation might as well be guaranteed and a team that's become broken nearly to the point of being a liability. Five with -AV now. Not that any of them ever wear armour, you understand.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yet another waste of fucking time. Down to 2 players by the end. _

Relegation might as well be guaranteed and a team that's become broken nearly to the point of being a liability. Five with -AV now. Not that any of them ever wear armour, you understand.
    That's what you get for putting armor in the team name.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Now that the immediate post-game grumpiness has worn off, I should point out that the first half of that game was actually a lot of fun. I got the ball first. That was followed few turns of grind, a couple of turns of mad-dash-to-the-corner and then stalling while I allowed some team-mates to catch up before eventually my AG1 mino scored, and then my opponent scored in two or three turns while my already reduced numbers made a valiant effort to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    That's what you get for putting armor in the team name.
    You might be onto something there.

The chainsaw is the bestest thing ever, six chainsaw fouls did a bit of a number on these orcs

PLAYOFFS STILL POSSIBLE

Somebody else's turn to get diced to oblivion, with the win meaning (so Jim tells me) I'll be in a relegation playoff. Relegation wouldn't do me any harm to be honest, given how broken my players are, but I've been saving up loads of money so that I can revamp my beastmen a bit for next season. I've got two fresh ones (3 and 5spp so far) already in the process of becoming replacements.

My chaos warriors are all fine (-AV on one but he also has +ST and block so he's going nowhere) and while my hero minotaur, Obelix, is a death waiting to happen (-AV down to AV7) he's too brutal to be removing by choice so he'll be in the team until he dies on the field. Not sure what I'll give him if he survives to 76spp. I'd be tempted by Foul Appearance to slightly reduce the odds of anybody hitting him but that'd probably be a waste.

As for the broken beastmen:
    • Asterix has a niggle so he's probably on borrowed time but he's good for now.
    • Impedimenta is down to AV7 and only has block, so I'll keep her around for my playoff game and then bin her unless she somehow gets 9SPP and a double or stat that makes me consider a stay of execution.
    • Getafix is also down to AV7 but there's no chance I'm ditching him seeing as he also has +MA and +ST. He'll be allowed to die in action.
    • And lastly it's poor, sad Polysyllabix. -AV, -MA, niggle. I think, even though he has block, I might get rid of him before the playoff game. Or at least keep him on the bench and only have him as a back-up. He absolutely has to go and I'd really rather he didn't bag the MVP or something but it's better that than going however many players down and potentially losing the game because of it.

So. One who absolutely must be gotten rid of, one who mostly like will be and two who are probably okay for now. With two new beastmen already with some SPP that might be enough for now, but once I've trimmed off the dross after the next game I might get an extra one anyway (I've got 240k plus next games' winnings) so I can try and have a reliable spare on the go.

All depends what division I'm in and what TW limit I have to work with, of course.

I've been drawn against some orcs in my relegation playoff. His BOBs are fairly fresh which should help me a bit. I can hopefully send Obelix hurtling into them to try and remove some of them without paying for it too dearly but I need to keep him the hell away from their blitzers if I can.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You'll be pleased to know that his play is somewhat erratic (though this is countered somewhat by being Orcs)

Missed out on the prem on combined head-to-head record, gutted :(

Gazza has a tendency to focus on punching over positioning. Try and use that.

Elaborate chaps, I need all the help I can get.

I assume, on Jim's point, at least, that you mean I can use his desire to punch everything as much as possible to try and draw him out of position and work big openings to frolic through with the ball*.

* I will never be in a comfortable enough position to do any frolicking.

If you still had Dogmatix, I'm pretty sure he'd have to frolic.

VICTORY. Relegation averted.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3308476

Polysyllabix was getting retired anyway, but somehow getting ANOTHER -AV made me want to keep him around longer. :D

I see what Janek and Jim were saying about Gazza's playing style. I got KO'd about a million times which meant I couldn't make the most of it but even I, not exactly the strongest position-player, was able to comfortably keep the ball away from him most of the time and see how he was getting his positioning ruined by punching at every opportunity.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The new Ranked LFG system is pretty good. Good compromise short of the horrors of the box.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    The new Ranked LFG system is pretty good. Good compromise short of the horrors of the box.
    was ist das?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You set your teams as LFG like before, and then it'll spit out suitable matchups and you can accept/refuse as you like from among them. If both coaches accept, it'll automagically start the game.

Basically it's Ranked without the need for human contact _

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar

Basically it's Ranked without the need for human contact _
    Oooooooooooooooooooohh

Not that you do any FUMBBLing these days Laneford, you waster.

You should join the WIL.

And it's another RPS GRUDGE DIVISION as Janek's cowardly lizards and Jim's amazing undead will contest the 4th position in the Lion Conference.

This is a bashy ol' division.