Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Well challenging me at 2.17pm isn't going to get us anywhere. :D
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    What is this work of which you speak?

Scum.

SCUM.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

A Rookie Goblin Team has got through to the quarter-finals of the Black Cup

Worth watching his replays for an example of what inducements can do for you, he's been beating elves and clawpomb

I think tonight I'm gonna have to play some FUMBBL. Haven't played as anything other than these bloody chaos since January which would possibly partly explain my general lack of enthusiasm.

Suppose I'll have to create some [R] teams. _

January here too. Didn't realise the gamefinder worked for [L]

I nearly have a player at 76SPP!

All I need now is for a AV7 minotaur to not get stomped to death by necros. D: At least the wolves' claws won't do him any harm, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    January here too. Didn't realise the gamefinder worked for [L]
    Presumably less people use it for that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    A Rookie Goblin Team has got through to the quarter-finals of the Black Cup

Worth watching his replays for an example of what inducements can do for you, he's been beating elves and clawpomb
    I just watched his game against the Woodelves. The Goblins were a bit lucky - or the Woodelves unlucky - with the Blizzard and a lot of unspotted fouls. But it was nice to see the last Welf player on the field - a Journeyman no less - being fully surrounded by Goblins, then carried out on a stretcher. This is the first time I have seen a complete teamwipe with two turns left on the clock. Neat. :)
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3325357

A close, tactical game between Laneford and I. I think we've essentially mastered the defensive arts now.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3325584

Another recommended replay watch from the Black Cup, this time showing how to use massive elf mobility to surgically foul out the opponent's best players.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3326539

This was a game I somehow didn't lose, fighting up a considerable amount against essentially anti-elf Chaos. My second touchdown was...well, ridiculous. I think that's the most casualties I've ever taken, certainly in a non-stunty game.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3326605

And again! This luck will run out pretty shortly >_>
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 26-08-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Started a Nurgle team in the Naggaroth Open. Lost my first game 3-0. Second game vs blitzerless pro elves I got 1 casualty and 1 KO and my opponent has simply walked away from the keyboard. I have a casualty on my beast, and a TD on a warrior, so reluctant to simply give up. It's going to be about an hour though. I'll kill all his players to improve my mood.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Amazing! I successfully converted the old HTML bio for Taking the Biscuit to the new BBCode format on only the second attempt. It's even, dare I say, marginally better now. Roll on the real thing.

Obscure Node
    Looking to play BB on FUMBBL(Burius) or Cyanide BB(Burius the Mad). I'm kinda new but I've played enough games that I think I have the hang of it.

Add any of us on steam, and we'll happily give you a game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Burius View Post
    Looking to play BB on FUMBBL(Burius) or Cyanide BB(Burius the Mad). I'm kinda new but I've played enough games that I think I have the hang of it.
    The latest season in the Divisions of Death has approximately 2 weeks left to run. I suggest you check out that thread for more details!

Yeah, what laneford said. We don't really seem to have enough of us about for our mini-tourneys any more but you shouldn't struggle to find games. :)

Meanwhile:
    http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3328149

Losing a warrior to death (apo'd to MORE DEATH, naturally) and the mino to MNG in the first couple of turns really scuppered my hopes but even then I don't think I did too badly given my inability to hurt anything. Almost tied it up for 1-1 at half time and held him up reasonably well during the second with another drive that wasn't bad given my numbers. I then managed a pass to get some SPP right at the end before he chucked a third in on the last turn.

I may yet save myself from relegation but to be honest a year back in the divisions might not do me any harm. Two warriors dying in short order, I could do with some "easier" games to get them some SPP.

The gamefinder is properly brilliant and has seen me play more FUMBBL over weekend than I have in ages. And a proper mixed bag of luck it's been too.

From endless ENDLESS 1-rolls as my Vampires to the game where the guy conceded after three turns and my new dwarves utterly dicing some elves, even to the point of an apothecary saving a player from death and having him patched up to play on the next drive.