Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    I am so annoyed with myself for fucking that up from a winning position. I was 1-0 up at half-time, wizarded the cage and just needed to knock back the one remaining chappy to pick up and hopefully win. I move a guy in to assist, go for the blitz and...yeah moved in the assist to the wrong place, he wasn't assisted. Unsuccessful 1 dice block later and he wipes me off the pitch.

Had another chance in overtime, got the ball back, then got really stupid just going for the touchline rather than waiting around a couple more turns. Argh.

Still I had a bucket of luck to get that far.

You were really unlucky with his regens though. Three successful regens, was it?

Bastard.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So Jim and I both got to the WIL promotion playoffs this season. Turns out it's TAKING THE BISCUIT vs ZOMB

Was that the game you won yesterday? I saw you playing that and just assumed it was a friendly.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Indeed it was. As a reward I get to throw my precious Saurus squad in front of these arseholes.

Unless it turns out we don't need to play the playoff final. I'm totally not playing until I get word that I have to _

You'll get no sympathy from me, I've had them in the last two seasons.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=ma...iew&id=3329770
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=ma...iew&id=3344979

So, the WIL draw. And the question on everybody's lips (probably) is "Can Ian inexplicably survive another season where all his players die and he's generally a bit shit?"

Here's what I'm up against.

- Necros who don't look too horrible aside from two unpleasant looking punchers.
    - These high elves who are a stats-fest that I'm never going to beat unless all his players die or I can actually hang onto the ball for 15 turns.
    - Some fresh meat humans.
    - These undead who I've played twice before, winning one and losing one. It'll be mummies o'clock for Obelix, I suspect.
    - Some delves. Mental note: Try and get more tackle before then.
    - Those fucking amazons again.
    - And some orcs who seem to have as much luck with BOBs as I do with chaos warriors.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I get two lots of murderchaos, one lot of murdernurgle, some necros, some skaven (who have a couple of clawpomb), some dorfs, and three lots of elves.

At least the murderiest chaos aren't til round 7.

Amazons are up first. No opportunity to get some more tackle. Oh well, at least there's a chance not everybody will be dead come the end of the game.

Lost 1-0 to the zons in a very strange match. My block dice were really good and I got a lot of pows, his were (mostly) pretty poor by comparison. And yet I still comfortably lost the numbers battle. Not with any permanent damage to anybody other than the merc (MVP, natch) but enough to mean there wasn't much I could have done about my defeat. He thought so too. Knocked them down loads but just couldn't break enough of them.

Obelix hurt one of course (he's on 99 SPP now) and as well not losing any more players/having them broken my AG4 beastman is now an AG5 beastman. He has no other skills but when he rolled 11 again I couldn't resist.

Won my first match against some lower TV humans in a fairly standard 2-1 grind, got another game against some delves temporarily shorn of their best blitzer

Once again I managed to do all the positioning correct for a one-turn touchdown only to be foiled while trying to get the ball to my intended scorer.

One day. :(

So I suppose after my surprise sort-of-success last year I'd better enter the Crown of Sand again. I'll give the chaos dwarves a run out in the next day or two to try and clear some MNGs, otherwise it'll be the Pact getting entered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Once again I managed to do all the positioning correct for a one-turn touchdown only to be foiled while trying to get the ball to my intended scorer.

One day. :(
    It seems like every time I do this the kick is a perfect defense. So I've yet to progress to the failing to get the ball the the carrier stage.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

At a guess I'd say this is the fourth or fifth time I've done all the pushing right but not been able to get the ball moved. :(

In this case it was a GFI I failed. I wanted to GFI before using my AG4 blitzer to pass it as it would've knocked one off the pass.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    First half against horrid chaos: Decimated, but successful defence due to suicidal skinks.

Second half: Receiving at 0-0, with two saurus, the krox and four skinks. Oh gawwwwd.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think this is what's called a pyrrhic draw.

I was but a single 3+ pickup from a heroic victory, too :( Still, no retirement injuries (except arguably the -MA skink)
    Last edited by Janek; 14-01-2013 at 07:47 PM.

I think I jinxed you. Just as I started to spectate was when you dropped the ball I think. :(

I didn't apply for the Crown of Sand in time.

Now I'll never know how horribly my team might have been murdered. :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wait isn't the deadline like tomorrow? Or do I just have brain problems.

The Boxing Gloves will be making another appearance anyway. Guaranteed to get into a qualifier as they're the highest TV humans in the box at the moment :o