Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Hey Ian i'm playing you after that

I hadn't even checked who else is in my division or conference or whatever it's called.

You're going to kill Obelix, I just know it.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3423461

Ayup.

Edit: To rub it in, I finally get the Biscuits' first +AG skill roll. On a saurus.

Elfsaurus. ^_^

So I got off to a pretty grim start.
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3425948

Played dreadfully despite having the better dice, completely a wasted a perfect kick placement/blitz roll by being over-conservative/not thinking it through properly and lost two warriors to MNGs.... both on failed GFIs, and BOTH having failed to be saved by apothecaries. Gluteus Maximus, my only ever-present, will finally miss a match after 53 consecutive starts.

The only bright spot was Obelix continuing to be an absolute monster. Next up: Defeat to Jim.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Alright Ian when are we doing this, I haven't seen you on steam for a bit. I'm around most nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Elfsaurus. ^_^
    Just checked the link to your match, hehe. KFoged is one of the top list coaches of the NAF, I believe. I'll have to watch that replay.

It was a fun match with many terrible dice for all involved. I'd feel better about it had it not bollocksed me for my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Alright Ian when are we doing this, I haven't seen you on steam for a bit. I'm around most nights.
    I've fallen out of the habit un-hiding myself when I sign in to Steam. I'm on as much as I used to be, I'm just pretending to be offline by default.

I'll make sure to make myself visible when I go on tonight.

Ian it's back man get online

Tonight I get to be murdered by this lot:
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=694309

Joy.

The actually-went-quite-well previous season was a mirage to restore my hope so it could crush it all over again.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3429869

Could have gone a lot worse and it was a fun game. Dice were a bit mental and mine tended to be pretty good until the exact moment I couldn't afford them not to be. Twice I was in positions where I just had to beat a one to be in with a great chance of scoring and twice I failed to do so. His dice were mostly ropey but then he'd have one really good turn to scupper me.

A fun, even game though and at one point I'd even removed three of his tomb guardians from the pitch. Pity I couldn't make more of it but hey-ho.

Gluteus got to 76 (only my second player ever, the mighty Obelix of course being the first) and rolled double ones. I almost turned it down but decided to give him side-step.
    http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=pl...yer_id=7747595

I mean our group contains at the time of writing, 5 of the top 150 coaches on the site. And me and Ian.

Keepin' it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I'm interested in getting started with this whole Bleeding Saucer thing-gummer. Unfortunately (or according to some FUMBBL forum posts, fortunately?) the Academy division is down so I'm stuck swimming in the big leagues. Is this a friendly sort of place to stretch one's legs and for that matter, are there other good places for a FUMBBL noob to hang out?
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

People on here have plenty of teams between us that we could get games on the go, time zones allowing.

I don't know how good the Ranked division is as a means of getting into it, Janek and Jim might be able to help you better on that front.

Have you played any Blood Bowl at all before or would this be your first attempt?

Ranked isn't bad but the recommended entry route is probably the 145 club, as that's exclusively coaches who are either rookies or not that great. It's a semi-structured league you can drop in and out of as required and it'll be where the people who want to learn or teach are.

I'm also up for a game or two, though they'd have to be in league, it's frowned upon to play the same person multiple times in ranked in a short space of time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I've played the Blood Bowl PC game. I'm not super fond of the interface in the PC game, but I think the underlying mechanics are pretty slick. The recent Cardboard Children got me interested in trying it out again, so I picked up the new fangled Chaos Edition for cheap ... jury is still out on whether or not that was a good idea. I have no human-vs-human experience, and read in the comments that there's an RPS group so I decided to take a look. The RPS DOTA and ARMA groups have been really nice, laid back introductions to those two games when I've been able to coordinate; unfortunately I'm over in the states, so evening RPS games tend to take place mid-afternoon. Easier some days than others, and I guess it beats trying to go the other way around.

I'll check out the 145 club; my schedule is in flux right now so I hesitate to coordinate anything too precisely for at least a week, but I figured I'd get some leads and put my foot in the door.

Thanks. :)
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

As if it weren't bad enough that HERO SKELETON Harryhausen is dead, now the real one is too. :(

Also: I haven't played as the Shamblas since Septermber 2011. Fucking. Hell.

Yep, I'm as good as relegated short of a miracle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Bloody Lizards Ian. Lizards.