Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    While I've had nowhere near the trainwreck of a season that Ian had, I have been getting handily tonked in my non-Ian games. BUT THEN I WON A GAME. Oh it was magnificent.

I won a game but it feels like a long time ago now.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Despite going into last night's game with two new players and two journeymen I managed to face an opponent who's team were even more broken.

I still lost of course.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

A win! I ended the season with a 2-1 win (and about 15 turns of posession) against some elves who managed to get injured by almost everything. And yet I only got one cas, because many of the ones I caused were KOs and their worst injuries were self-inflicted or caused by rocks.

I finished second-bottom of my group.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Right, well, fuck this. Game after game after game of getting completely dicked over, and it used to be that you could have a laugh and some banter while doing so, but no, now the WIL's full of cunts who will sit there in stony silence and happily gangfoul you in turn 15 despite you having three players left and none anywhere near the ball, because killing mens is serious business.

And that's just when you can get them to show up at all.

Had enough.
    Last edited by Janek; 16-07-2013 at 09:35 PM.

This is why we need RPS leagues.

That said, I've still been getting mostly decent opponents, but then perhaps that's a benefit of never getting anywhere near the top division.

Still, RPS leagues were good. :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Why not the Cyanide game, Ian?

Because it started to annoy me. Not the RPSers I was playing against (though not everybody is a joy), just the game itself. Needlessly failing to give you certain information, clunky UI, the effort involved sometimes just in trying to connect to a game. It was mostly a lot of little things that pissed me off rather than any one glaring problem.

And going forward, depending on what we hear about BB2, I'm just not convinced I want to give Cyanide any more of my money for Blood Bowl.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Divisions of Death run in Fumbbl would be the best thing. Alas. Having said that, I've been pretty lucky with a relative lack of connections problems and Cyanided games. It's just the horrible UI and the fact that it's feature-incomplete.

Hard to see what BB2 will bring to the table, short of it coming out hand-in-hand with a new LRB.

That said, I'm still giving Cyanide all of my money for Space Hulk. ALL OF IT.

I've not tried Fumbbl and given Janek's comments above I'm not to keen to, but I'd really love to give Slann a try - I'd probably join a mini-RPS league if one could be set up.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Partially me being grumpy I think - I suspect the level of knobbishness is still going to be superior to public Cyanide play, and the average skill level considerably higher.

Just burnt out on public play, and a feeling that the friendliness within WIL (which was broadly on a level with DoD etc) has gone downhill a bit with the retirement of some old hands and subsequent recruitment drive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'd be quite happy to come back for some RPS games.

ULTIMATE CONUNDRUM HOUR

double five, on a rookie ghoul in this team --> http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=656350

So many choices. Guard! Movement! Mighty blow! Something else!

You've got a lot of guard already, so surely the answer is moar guard.

Guard would be great, but would surely mean certain targeted death in the next match. If Artemis is out, do you have any other ball carrying options? I'd be tempted by the +MA (boring, I know...)

All i can say in this matter is it took maybe three games for my guard ghoul to die in cyanide. Just a word of warning.

Guard is probly the sensible choice but I can't decide what you do with that ghoul afterwards. Block and sidestep I suppose?]

Whereas! Imagine if you will! Juggernaut! Strip Ball! Tackle! Frenzy! So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Guard would be great, but would surely mean certain targeted death in the next match.
    While this is true, are there any circumstances in which being a ghoul on an Undead team doesn't mean certain targeted death?

*edit*

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Guard is probly the sensible choice but I can't decide what you do with that ghoul afterwards. Block and sidestep I suppose?]

Whereas! Imagine if you will! Juggernaut! Strip Ball! Tackle! Frenzy! So good.
    Blodgestep guard is possibly the best combination of skills in the game, so it's not a bad place to head. Should they live that long I'd imagine fend, tackle and jump up being useful on them too - turn them into a mobile support player. Juggs/Strip Ball would be lots of fun, but how long will a block/wrestle-less ghoul live anyway?
    Last edited by NieA7; 26-07-2013 at 11:00 AM.

On the topic of RPS games, i'd be willing to join some form of structured competition, mainly because i think the level of customization of your mans is hilarious, hence my newly dubbed Norse team, 'Great Beards Through History.' So yeah, i'm all over using those guys in some kind of competition.

Alright who had SIX TURNS on the expected lifespan of that ghoul, because that was how long he lasted before getting killed on a surf.