Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    I'd say a league. Make sure everybody gets a few games, etc.

Should probably have said that if anybody is on Steam and wants to give me a poke for a game feel free to do so even if I'm playing something.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

I'd like a few games to get used to the interface so I'd prefer a league to a cup. Bit busy at the moment but if I get a moment I'll see if anybody's about for a friendly.

Well ok, lets do this! What's happening?

We need to get this sorted, yeah. Are people still wanting some friendlies first (Nie)?

My WIL game went better than expected given two of my warriors got BH'd on the opening turn.
    http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3473529

ANOTHER dead warrior (killed on the last turn of this, his debut match) and another new niggling injury. But who cares, Obelix got another 4SPP and lives to fight another day.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Yeah I'll try to get this up and running tomorrow. Need to check that Jan and Jim are both in as well.

I'd really like a practice FUMBBL game or two but my sister-in-law's staying with us at the moment so I've not been able to hang around online. Should have free time on Thursday morning/afternoon, but if that's holding things up it's no problem - let's get started :)

I have all the time in the world at the moment so I can probably do a game on Thursday during the day.

I think Nie most enjoyed his first FUMBBL experience. And he got to witness a masterful (and definitely not ridiculously lucky) goblin performance into the bargain as I used my greenies to take on his undead.

And beat them 3-2 thanks to two perfect 1TTD's and a long bomb gobbo pass, while the undead remained bemused by the concept of a GFI which didn't involve a mighty face plant. Least the mummy rolled a double for his skill.

That 6+ pass and the two TTMs were part of a careful strategy. Not, like, desperation.

So, I didn't realise that while I was 'relegated' last season in WIL I'd stayed up because of people dropping out. Then Jim pointed out that I'm top of my conference as things stand, in with a shot of promotion to the Premier League and all the horrors associated with that.

If I get promoted Obelix will probably get murdered super-fast. :(

so err, how do you go about making a league / tournament thingy?

http://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague looks pretty comprehensive, though I'm too weak and cowardly to try it myself.
    Last edited by NieA7; 24-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.

A tourney is being set up! Watch this space

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm in for this.

The RPS Reunion Special is GO! I'm not sure what, if anything, we've decided upon as a TV/TW limit. Me and Laneford were talking somewhere between 1400-1500 but then it occurred to me we should maybe be talking in terms of TW rather than TV.

So suggestions are welcome. If Nie or SWG want to sneak in one last friendly/training match before we get going I'm sure that can be arranged.

So yeah, basically how this works is, just tell us in here which team you want to use, then you need to join the RPS group http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?pag...iew&group=6940.

Then somehow you apply your chosen team to the group page... and through some magic (Ian presses buttons) you'll be in the tourney! Hooray!

​It's been a while since I played.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The RPS Reunion Special is GO! I'm not sure what, if anything, we've decided upon as a TV/TW limit. Me and Laneford were talking somewhere between 1400-1500 but then it occurred to me we should maybe be talking in terms of TW rather than TV.

So suggestions are welcome. If Nie or SWG want to sneak in one last friendly/training match before we get going I'm sure that can be arranged.
    I did a bit of a purge of my league teams so the lowest I have is 1600 _

Well we could always make it more open. We could always plan to actually start at the end of the week and give SWG and Nie some training games over the next few days. Or it might be that they'd be happy playing with loads of inducements but frankly I wouldn't recommend it having seen some of your horrible higher-TV league teams.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They're not horrible, they're wubbly.