Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Ok, the boys ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=te...team_id=657799 ) could do with just one more match before anything tournament-looking at the weekend. Anyone up for a game?

Oooh, if only it were a 1600 TW cap I'd have had some interesting teams available.

As it is I'm looking at either chaos or dark elves.

How much would my TW be likely to shoot up for one not-too-horrendous game as these do we think? If I can fairly safely give 'em a game to get rid of that journeyman without zooming over 1500 I'd do it, otherwise I'll not bother (assuming I want to use them for the tourney.)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

To my novice's eye they should be ok; only Clayton Riddell and Kurt Barlow look likely to level up, although it would depend on where the MVP landed. I don't think you should go over the 1500, especially seeing as you'd spend your cash on getting rid of the journeyman and so not incur any more tv that way. 100 tv is like three or four rank ups I think, depending on stat boosts I think, and I can't see that team getting that many. Unless it's an eight nil rout, which is after all not impossible.

Activated Node
    I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of them exceeding the cap Ian. Worse case scenario you can burn the cash you have lying around since it counts towards the tournament weight.

Four games in and my Slann have been murderised twice but seem pretty adept at actually winning things. Bouncy catchers are so good.

I may have put Justa off Slann forever though >_>
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 11-06-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Just signed up for FUMBBL and submitted a team to the RPS group (FUMBBL and Steam). I've played the Cyanide game some, but haven't done FUMBBL before.

I don't think I'll have time for a game today, but I'll poke around for some matches later :)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Right then. My orcses, the Filthy Rabble, are chomping at the bit (or maybe gnawing on a halfling). If someone wants to put them through their paces tomorrow you can give me a shout on Steam. Unless you're chicken.

Activated Node
    No worries Jim, you haven't provoked me to do anything drastic like retire them. Perhaps witnessing frogs do proper frog like things will inspire my team a bit. You know, actually land a leap some time in a living fashion rather than head first. A man can dream. I love the krox though, he is shaping up to be the most competent big guy I have ever fielded.

And potatoedoughnut, welcome to the fray. Hopefully we can get you a couple of welcoming matches going.

I just put Janek on the business end of one of the gentlest nufflings I've ever seen. A 3-2 win for me, and while I broke wood elf armour (at a rough estimate) 397 times I only actually hurt two players, both of which were BH.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Right then. My orcses, the Filthy Rabble, are chomping at the bit (or maybe gnawing on a halfling). If someone wants to put them through their paces tomorrow you can give me a shout on Steam. Unless you're chicken.
    I completely didn't spot your offer of a THROWDOWN. I'll probably not play another tonight but I shall endeavour to remember and meet your challenge tomorrow.

In the meantime hopefully another will step up tonight and show that we're not a bunch of yella-bellied, lily-livered, custard-coloured cads.
    Last edited by Ian; 12-06-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Do we have an ETA for the tournament? The boys are primed and ready to hit/flee depending on opponent at a cool 148 tv.

My dark elves are also ready to go after that hair-tousling I gave Janek's woodies.

Me, Janek, Rakysh, justa all seem to be good to go I think. I guess Jim is planning to play as his new Slann, Laneford I'm not sure (levelling his delves too?) pakoito doesn't have any [L] teams and both potatoedoughnut and ColOfNature have but haven't got any games yet.

I am available tonight if anybody who needs games would like to organise one. I have some halflings I'm happy to offer up for anybody to beat on and try to get some SPP out of for fast levelling so if anybody'd like a game tonight let me know. Priority goes to pakoito, PD and CON as they all need the most games. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I made a [L] team but had to scrap it, and I won't be able to play until thursday or so. Sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I need a few games training still with either my Dark Elves, Lizards, or Pro Elves (or Chaos Pact if we're not starting until end of this week) I'll be cruising for games on steam all evening for all who are interested.

I've got a fresh wood elf team I'd be happy to feed you. Interested?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'll be busy tonight and most of tomorrow, but come tomorrow night if I can keep myself awake I'll come looking for someone to give my lads a chance to put some points on the board.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Activated Node
    As long as no one enters a dwarf team, I will bring my goblins for comic relief/heartbreak/spp harvesting. Considering that I was recently bestowed a 4 agility goblin, I am anxiously awaiting his grim, yet hilarious end. Nuffle toyed with me a bit while I was playing against Jim yesterday, while giving me the illusion that I may in fact pull off a 1-1 tie, but it was clearly not meant to be. Jim is just plain dangerous with a team of leaping maniacs at his disposal. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I'm using a dwarf team if I can :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justagigolo View Post
    jim is just plain dangerous with a team of leaping maniacs at his disposal.
    And in the game!

I just love how, even with two players left on the pitch, you have a chance

Right well, as much as we were hoping for a start the weekend just gone shall we aim for the coming weekend and get some proper training done and see if we can't get everyone up to speed?