Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sunderer - AA Mobile Fortress

Oh dear me, they just fulfilled my dreams: they made the walker and the ranger available for the Sundy.

Fuck me, double walker post AA buff sounds like fucking win. Look for them on my sundy, soon!

(rest of the changes here: http://planetside2.eu/teasers/227-hotfix-08-02-2013 ; including a nerf for annihilator lockon of 1 second and less splash lockoning )
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Does this mean it's time for us to spawn 20 sunderers and charge, firing wildly?

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Does this mean it's time for us to spawn 20 sunderers and charge, firing wildly?
    Yes. Especially since sundy>lightning with HE, so now that sundies can defeat mozzies without problems, it means that only heavy tanks, liberators and good heavy infantry units can pose a threat.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    And Medics. I couldn't believe it when I found out the fun way that medics have access to C4. That seems utterly demented.

But yes, that does sound fun. And maybe now when the idiot randoms give away the sneak attempt by shooting at an unaware jet, they might at least hurt it for once.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This bodes well for one of my Silly Monday plans.

Although it's worth pointing out that while basic sundy may indeed be > Lightning, a walker/ranger Sundy presumably won't be able to damage a lightning significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    This bodes well for one of my Silly Monday plans.

Although it's worth pointing out that while basic sundy may indeed be > Lightning, a walker/ranger Sundy presumably won't be able to damage a lightning significantly.
    True. But an armoured non AMT sundy might actually make a difference now instead of just being useful in very specific situations.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Now if only they'd do a cosmetic patch so that we could tell the difference between the Sunderers from different factions before it decided to pop up the ID. All I'm asking for is 50's style fins and fared in wheels on my purple battle wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    Now if only they'd do a cosmetic patch so that we could tell the difference between the Sunderers from different factions before it decided to pop up the ID. All I'm asking for is 50's style fins and fared in wheels on my purple battle wagon.
    ehhhhh. since update 2, I get the feeling that enemie sundies are bluer and redder respectively.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    ehhhhh. since update 2, I get the feeling that enemie sundies are bluer and redder respectively.
    Yeah, I noticed that, but a slight cosmetic alteration to the outline of shared vehicles would make a kind of sense to me. Our tanks float, but our buses and bikes look the same as everyone else's.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Ok, so the Sundy is the vehicle I have invested most in after the Gal.

I've been toying with a dedicated 'deliverer' setup on my sundy that eschews the AMS. Any suggestions as to how this sould be kitted out?

Mineguard has become compulsory for an AMS, sadly. Which means I lose the incredible benefits of Blockade armour.

I want an excuse to use that bloackade armour and a dedicated ground transport makes most sense.

Note: The sundy does not have directional armor like other vehicles. A rear hit doesn't do any extra damage. Which means the blockade armor's buff to the rear armor provides as many HP on rear hits as a Gal on full cert!

With the new Walkers / Rangers, I'm probably going to roll Kobalt Primary and Ranger / Walker secondary for my deliverer setup. However is it worth losing all possible vehicle-based anti-tank capability?

Also: if not AMS, then what? Shield diffuser? Smoke? Radar?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Shield diffuser might be fun, if you're running it as an armoured bus you could slam it into the middle of an enemy base, drop off troops inside the shield for a quick assault and then supply fire support. However you might have to rely on friends for anti-armour support.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I invested a lot of points in all vehicles. I use to mostly fly reavers and drive sunders, but recently I have managed to have a lot of fun with libs and vanguards. Vanguards still infuriate me, since are a crappy vehicle, slow and bad to kill stuff.

Sunders with AA powers can be interesting, but will contribute even more to make the skies clear, since very few people will fly, has flying will be too risky.

Shield diffuser might be fun, but in most cases they guard the shields and you'll be taken apart by tanks. With the prevalence of rockets right now, I'd roll smoke and mineguard.

Another fun thing you could do is Vehicle ammo and double Walker. This would be used as a support vehicle for an armor push. With double walkers (manned) you'd maybe not need a skyguard, and the magriders around you can provide all the ground firepower you need anyway. Downside to this is that you'd probably be better off with dual furies, or fury+kobalt and have them crewed by dual burster maxes who jump out when the air rolls in.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Shield diffuser might be fun, but in most cases they guard the shields and you'll be taken apart by tanks. With the prevalence of rockets right now, I'd roll smoke and mineguard.

Another fun thing you could do is Vehicle ammo and double Walker. This would be used as a support vehicle for an armor push. With double walkers (manned) you'd maybe not need a skyguard, and the magriders around you can provide all the ground firepower you need anyway. Downside to this is that you'd probably be better off with dual furies, or fury+kobalt and have them crewed by dual burster maxes who jump out when the air rolls in.
    rockets are being nerfed, didnt you read my post?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    As much I would like see skies burn, I do think it's AA overkill :/
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    Yeah, I remember seeing a TR giraffe sundy before and wondering for the longest time why it was shooting at me.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The walker is half decent against infantry is it not? But battle sundies are hilarious especially if you have a team of engineers/LA in them for quick C4/Mine attacks. Just charge into an enemy AMS sundie with guns blazing out with 2 engineers, mine the sundie and bug out.

Mineguard is only really a must if your sundie is gonna be the one that goes in close to enemy towers etc, often its useful to have a sundie a bit further back that still spawns people.

Oh and repair sundies? Bloody awesome, i had a repair sundie heal my mag rider from 30% to full in very short order... while on the movie. So if we are pulling tank collumns ammo + repair sundie with walkers might be a really useful addon.

But just a normal vanilla sundie with the 20mm default guns is actually really good against enemy armor. They take down a lightning pretty fast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did you get XP for repairing vehicles?, I know you get with the rearm thing, but with the repair, I have not seen it.

Also, wtf with the upgrades description? "500% more repairing power" is this shit or very good?

Has anyone ever tried to have to sunders with repair, one next to the other (so one repair the other) and acting as a undestructible fortress of dead?

Network Hub
    I'm surprised no one has yet commented on quite how much C4 a properly certed engineer can carry, I'm guessing about enough to blow up a whole base.

The G30 is a welcome addition to the Sunderer but I'm finding the general purpose heavy machine gun that comes by default to be terribly efficient, I'm not sure I could bear to not have them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    God I would love to spend more into the sundi but it feels like they fucked up the whole cert design of it. They should swap around some of the certs into different "slots" so that people can build proper AMS, proper support vehicles, proper siege breakers etc. And not vehicles that are a bit of everything but nothing perfect.