Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

Saints Row 4 - awesome teaser, release date: August 20, 2013

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Hopefully it has some of what made 2 good in it.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Guitar Case Rocket Launcher

Sold.

Also what Sketch said, because 3 was fun, but 2 was more fun and actually had a good single player story.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Yeah, I didn't absorb any of that. No idea what I saw, can't recall a single shot, might as well not have watched it at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Press release:

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Save the world, Saints Style.

I want to give them all my money!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    This looks like the Crank 2 of videogames. It didn't have much develop time so I don't expect miracles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    yesplzthx

10chars
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Looks very much like cut content from Saints Row III or an expansion pack. So it should be awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It's going to be from that Rise of the Dominatrix thing that was cancelled, I'm guessing.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Hope they keep Zimos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    It's going to be from that Rise of the Dominatrix thing that was cancelled, I'm guessing.
    Yeah. Was cancelled to flesh it out and make it a sequel, but I'd be surprised if more was added. But like I said, just looks like more playtime and more of the spirit that made SRIII one of the best games in ages so fuck yeah!

Yess
    More Saints Row with superpowers. Thank you very much Volition.

Network Hub
    Yeah, this looks just like Saints Row 3, even the color scheme is the same. Well, SR3 was great so I'm not too upset, though I was kinda expecting a "proper" sequel. Now the question is, is there enough content to justify a $60/$50 price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
    Yeah, this looks just like Saints Row 3, even the color scheme is the same. Well, SR3 was great so I'm not too upset, though I was kinda expecting a "proper" sequel. Now the question is, is there enough content to justify a $60/$50 price tag?
    Wait for a review

I'm actually a little hesitant about this. I loooved SR2 and 3, but this seems like it might take the over-the-top formula of Saints Row a bit... over the top. While the previous games were totally batshit insane, they still took place in a somewhat relatable world. Aliens and superpowers seems like a pretty unimaginative next step for the series. Calling alien invasions and superpowers predictable may be a bit wrong, but it's more "oh.." than "whoa!!". I'd preferred if they'd used themes more anchored in the real world. Saints Row is about reality with a twist, not sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    This looks like the Crank 2 of videogames. It didn't have much develop time so I don't expect miracles.
    In other words, one of the best things to ever happen to low-brow entertainment?

Sold.
    Virtual Pilot 3D NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I loved Crank 2. It had 0 pretensions yet was awfully entertaining.

Yes. It was exactly what you'd imagine would happen if everyone making a movie just stopped giving a damn. And it was sublime.
    Virtual Pilot 3D NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So, in one of the promotional images (shamelessly taken from Joystiq) http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...arenoframe.jpg, if I'm not mistaken, the sortaredhaired girl with glasses at the bottom right, isn't that Kinzie Kensington? Because if that's her, FUKKEN SOLD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Looks just like her.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID