Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    So, in one of the promotional images (shamelessly taken from Joystiq) http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...arenoframe.jpg, if I'm not mistaken, the sortaredhaired girl with glasses at the bottom right, isn't that Kinzie Kensington? Because if that's her, FUKKEN SOLD.
    I dunno who Asian girl is, but the dude to to left of her looks like Sean Penn.

Which would be awesome.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    dowant.mkv

So now I only have to decide whether I want to be a male caucasian ninja by night and latina hawkgirl by day again or if I want to mix it up a little bit this time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I dunno who Asian girl is, but the dude to to left of her looks like Sean Penn.

Which would be awesome.
    They did get Burt F'ing Reynolds for the last one.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Crank 2 is the greatest cinematic achievement... nay, greatest cultural achievement, that mankind has ever produced.

Edit: But SR3 was pretty damn good.
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 15-03-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Only hiccup is this maybe be simply the unfinished expansion to the 3rd game "Enter The Dominatrix".

Hopefully they're being more ambitious than just wrapping that thing up and calling it a day. This is one series that must continue.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    Never got the fuss about SR3 (haven't played the others). It just felt clunky. There were some funny things in it, sure, but all the funnies got old after about half an hour.

Network Hub
    I didn't buy in to SR3 as much as others seemed to. Missions seemed overly short, world was very bland (this could be levelled at SR2, but to a lesser extent) and the characters were shitty (again, even compared to SR2).

I liked SR1 and especially SR2 because they were what GTA used to be, fun open world games that used a passable story to let the player have fun.

Not ridiculously over the top gameplay in a boring city.

Activated Node
    Pumped for this, had an absolute blast with sr3. Just a good, solid fun game that didn't take itself seriously.

Obscure Node
    $50 kept aside :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Am I the only one who hates virtual reality stuff in games? I mean, I liked SR 3 and even that level with virtual reality but as soon as I learned that SR4 has not just one level, but the whole game going on in VR I lost all interest. Coincidentally teaser looks kinda meh to me so it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Am I the only one who hates virtual reality stuff
    Yes.

really looking forward to this, SR3 made me love it despite myself

Activated Node
    posting in a thread full of shallow people

That was the most obnoxious trailer I've seen in a long long time.

I wanted to like SR3 but I could barely put 20 hours into it. I had some fun but it just lost me, I kind of hate the art style and the setting.

I've dumped over 150 hours into GTA4(Same with RDR) and about 90 into Just Cause 2. Definitely going to hold off on SR4 and just get GTA5. I like some depth and believability with my violent open world parodies. When all of the characters are jokes it just feels really empty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleekill View Post
    90 into Just Cause 2.

I like some depth and believability with my violent open world parodies. When all of the characters are jokes it just feels really empty to me.
    What version of Just Cause 2 did you play? Did it not contain Bolo Saaantooossiiiiiiiiiiiiii?

Have you tried SR2? It's a better game than 3 and it's characters are just walking dick jokes. It actually has a decent enough story and doesn't spent half of it's missions as a tutorial.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Yeah SR2 was alright. There's a big difference between action movie parody in open world like what JC2 does and what SR3 does. I was more talking about GTA with the characters. JC2 was just awesome because of the setting and mechanics. I fuckin hate the setting of SR3 I guess. It's like a sloppy futuristic setting. Just no depth, super tacky art style and I feel like they are trying too hard.

To each his own I guess.

I rather liked the more arcade-y, fun, cartoony art style of Saints Row to the endless grimyness of GTA4. And Just Cause 2 while a nice playground had a very lifeless look about it. Despite everything you did in that game nothing changed and none of the NPCs like the villagers or city dwellers actually seemed to give two shits. For the entire time I played it I swear the only inhabitants of that game where me, the bad guys, the army and the 3 rebel factions. There were also a couple of guys driving the same five vehicles around and that was it.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Steelport is like a cyberpunk version of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I'm actually a little hesitant about this. I loooved SR2 and 3, but this seems like it might take the over-the-top formula of Saints Row a bit... over the top. While the previous games were totally batshit insane, they still took place in a somewhat relatable world. Aliens and superpowers seems like a pretty unimaginative next step for the series. Calling alien invasions and superpowers predictable may be a bit wrong, but it's more "oh.." than "whoa!!". I'd preferred if they'd used themes more anchored in the real world. Saints Row is about reality with a twist, not sci-fi.
    This so much.