Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The only issue I had with SR3 was everything they took out of it from SR2, like some of the side missions, the gangs all being separate from each other, unique and having their own story lines and the lack of content missions.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    The only issue I had with SR3 was everything they took out of it from SR2, like some of the side missions, the gangs all being separate from each other, unique and having their own story lines and the lack of content missions.
    Yep. And the inclusion of mini-game tutorials in the storyline. And the real Shaundi. What I don't miss from SR2 is the dull-looking world and the fact that the plot was constantly interrupted because I hadn't played enough mini-games. Mini-games are great, but both games seem to go out of their way to make me play them whether I want to or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Mybiggest grip with SR3 was gameplay,it was so clunky,both driving and shooting. GTA piss all over SR in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Mybiggest grip with SR3 was gameplay,it was so clunky,both driving and shooting. GTA piss all over SR in that department.
    Actually, I think that the arcadey feel of both car handling and combat works great with the game. It isn't about realism. I hated the car handling in GTAIV. I don't want to play a wonky reality simulator, I want Saints Row!

in both SR2 and SR3 I found I could only really drive with a controller and had to swap from KB/M every time i jumped in a car

Quote Originally Posted by Plucky Underdog View Post
    in both SR2 and SR3 I found I could only really drive with a controller and had to swap from KB/M every time i jumped in a car
    Heh. I feel the same way about GTAIV. SR is more like the GTA games of the olden days (and works fine IMO). Anyway, I'll try to stop stalking this thread now.

How was the world in SR2 more dull than in SR3? Steelport is hella boring, it only looks nicer (because the engine's not from 2006 anymore).
    Stealth Mode!

Obscure Node
    Wisconsin (I'd like to be in Kansas), USA
    As long as Deep Silver doesn't screw up with the preordering (Gasp, yes I said the word) as badly as they did with Riptide. They've made a move in the right direction with the survey, but whether that was an idea of the developer or the publisher we may never know.....

Quote Originally Posted by orcane View Post
    How was the world in SR2 more dull than in SR3? Steelport is hella boring, it only looks nicer (because the engine's not from 2006 anymore).
    While I enjoyed SR3 very much, I have to agree on this. Steelport isn't a very memorable place, a lot of the various areas look alike. You could drop me anywhere in GTA San Andreas for instance, and I would be able to find my way back without looking at the map. In SR3, I was constantly checking my map because I had no idea where I was. The game has a serious lack of landmarks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    SR3's driving is incredible

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    SR3's driving is incredible
    Incredibly annoying, yes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by applecup View Post
    Incredibly annoying, yes.
    What's annoying about it? It's basically Burnout but you can get out and hit drivers with dildos, what's not to love?

eh sr3 just didnt do it for me. it was just too silly and over the top for my liking. id rather have stuff like that in moderation, otherwise it just becomes annoying. i prefer to be immersed in worlds (esp. open world games) and sr3 just felt at every inch very clearly and aggressively a video game, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by orcane View Post
    Well, what I said was that it was dull looking, not badly constructed. Everything was gray and pale, no colour whatsoever. I agree that Steelport somewhat lacked identity, but it didn't make me depressed when driving around in it. Stilwater with colour would have been better, but that wasn't on the menu.