Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frozen Endzone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar

Frozen Endzone

Of possible interest to the Blood Bowl and Frozen Synapse crowds:
    futuristic, highly-stylized, exaggerated NFL footbal
    PC gamer preview and Greenlight page.

Activated Node
    I was just about to post this. Looks pretty great. Hopefully there will be some customization or meta-strategy involved, though. That's what bugged me about Frozen Synapse, there was little emergent gameplay.
    Steam - SandmanXC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If there is team development, injury and general persistance like Blood Bowl, I could be very interested in this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    This actually looks pretty cool. Loved Frozen Synapse but I never really, well, lets be honest: I suck at it. Big time :D
    But I think this might be something I could dive into a lot deeper.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I had the same thought as you Chainsaw - and have already stuck my vote in on Steam for getting FE Greenlit on there (relative merits of Greenlight put to one side for the moment of course).

It looks interesting, and I'll certainly be watching this one closely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'll be playing this for sure.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I read the title as "Friendzone", and have assumed it is a turn-based tactical shooter about getting cockblocked.

Obscure Node
    I just hope that they have an in depth Season Mode/Dynamic Campaign for both single player and multiplayer. I want teams to be persistent and evolve throughout a season, like Madden's Franchise Mode or the FIFA equivalent. Multiplayer is good and all, and I am definitely going to try and participate, but they need to make sure that there is something that will make the game enjoyable long past its multiplayer expiration date. Frozen Synapse, for example, is pretty much dead pub wise. In my area, there are only between 6 and 1 person on at any given time.

And I think it would be cool if in multiplayer the Season Mode keep a leaderboard (which is pretty much a given if there is even a Season Mode), and I can go back and watch every game that has been played in that season. There is nothing like being an underdog and losing every game then somehow beating the juggernaut of the Season that has won every single game they played.
    Last edited by TacKLed; 16-03-2013 at 02:53 PM.

For starters there is an active and ongoing Frozen synapse league and community in this very forum. And regions really mean nothing in a game like this that does not care for ping or lack at all.

Second: I am not sure about implemented seasons in multiplayer. I believe the crowd that plays this kind of game in multiplayer a lot generally will prefer as fair as possible games every single time.
    Playing someone who has an advantage above you because they beat a lot of other people recently might be a turn off for the round based strategy crowd.
    At least it would be for me.
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    The Greenlight page says there'll be a season mode.

We're almost finished the current season of the Frozen Synapse league, but another one'll be along shortly. At the end of the month, to be exact. Sign up, all are welcome!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DeVadder View Post
    For starters there is an active and ongoing Frozen synapse league and community in this very forum. And regions really mean nothing in a game like this that does not care for ping or lack at all.

Second: I am not sure about implemented seasons in multiplayer. I believe the crowd that plays this kind of game in multiplayer a lot generally will prefer as fair as possible games every single time.
    Playing someone who has an advantage above you because they beat a lot of other people recently might be a turn off for the round based strategy crowd.
    At least it would be for me.
    Alright, I usually just played within the regions, so that's good to know.

And I dont think that would be a turn off since they don't really have an advantage. It's just that they are really good and have been winning. The devs said in MP they wouldn't want there to be big advantages, and only want a level playing field like Frozen Synapse. I just really want a robust dynamic Season Mode that would be good for Single Player minded players that will also benefit multiplayer minded players. I assume the devs will make the right decisions on the game though since from what I heard they are big NFL fans, or at least the lead designer is, and Im sure they know how important Franchise Mode and Online Franchise is to Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    The Greenlight page says there'll be a season mode.
    I know, but the way they were talking in the PCGamer interview made it seem like they wanted a scripted, linear "Season" Mode, but then they said nothing was decided, so we'll just have to wait and see.

This sounds great. Frozen Synapse was excellent and this seems like it could mix the Blood Bowl and Speedball feelings together.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    From the multiplayer side they appear to be against player development (as in the addition of skills or experience or whatever) but that stuff might be part of the single player game.

Given that this is the sort of title that sings in multiplayer tones, I'm sort of disappointed but I guess it makes sense when they're looking at five minute matches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I can understand the desire for a 'clean' and fair multiplayer competition - where only tactical skill matters - but it would disappoint me to leave out some form of advancement. I think it would have an impact on how long I would keep playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I can understand the desire for a 'clean' and fair multiplayer competition - where only tactical skill matters - but it would disappoint me to leave out some form of advancement. I think it would have an impact on how long I would keep playing the game.
    I agree, especially if every player is the same stats wise, it would make multiplayer pretty bland.

Obscure Node
    I think that is why Frozen Synapse is pretty much dead online.

something about sterile futuristic looks that just doesnt grab me tbh. now if it was something like steampunk...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    It's sort of like a turn-based Cyberball. Playing 2v2 is quite fun.

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    I will not buy this game until I will be sure they did something with quitting "players" problem.

Like chain the 'players' to the PC? Sorry, i am not sure i understand your post...
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.