Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The lock!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Exclamation The lock!

Did we get it?! Come on let us know!

For those who weren't around, we did a truly amazing piece if inter-outfit coordination tonight, pushing the NC off of Indar, warpgating the TR, Nd trying our darnedest to keep the returning NC off when they had capped Amerish and Esamir. I had to log off before it was clear whether we could hold the NC off or not. An epic fight, whatever the outcome and a triumph for The Vanu Accord, and for RPS, who were a driving force behind the offensive.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 16-03-2013 at 09:05 AM.

I'm in bed but when i looked over wardancers shoulder NC had Scared Mesa and it looked good and bad at the same time. I didnt herd what they said but i looked good. Lots of purple
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Having logged off about half an hour ago, I doubt we'll get it. It was an impressive effort by all involved, but in the end it really didn't seem like we had the manpower to push both the TR and the NC off simultaneously (but hopefully I'll be proven wrong).

Considering how good tonight was and that PS2 doesn't cause my graphics card to melt anymore I'll certainly be back for more!

Alas, it was not meant to be. :/ We nearly had them though!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah it was bloody close for a while but the TR just broke out too strong and we were too close to stop them before they spread all over the canyons.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    we were so damn close, but we couldn't contain the TR in the end (after we had lost tawrich). holding off two factions at once is bloody hard, but i reckon that us moving to the east directly after peris could have been a better move. we just acted a little too slow and allowed em too much territory last night.

still better than the time where the Tr announced their cooperation and then failed so hard on the livestream.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

To be fair against the TR, they probably faced more organised resistance than we did, since our cooperation was spontaneous, and theirs was planned and officially announced.

^ I believe someone was initially streaming the offensive live with no time delay - which probably didn't help the early phase of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Holding off two factions at once is bloody hard, but i reckon that us moving to the east directly after peris could have been a better move. we just acted a little too slow and allowed em too much territory last night.
    Agree, think we underestimated the size of the TR push (we did have other outfits moving to contain them if I remember correctly). But it also seemed like we just didn't have enough organised VS troops left on after the NC starting warping in from Esamir.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We were closer than ever before tonight! TR was down to 1 territory, NC was down to 2. Then the TR decided to redeploy to Indar and our pop advantage melted away. Alas ... we're getting closer and closer.

We did well keeping the TR warp gate locked down for a bit tonight, but alas we couldn't defend all three points around it when they really made a push out there.

I liked the organization with the Gals allowing us to quickly respond to the ongoing strategic situation (plus I really like gal drops)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yeah, you did an amazing job with that Grible. Purple giraffe for you.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Yeah, you did an amazing job with that Grible. Purple giraffe for you.
    Yeah, that was good fun. Never kept a Galaxy alive for that long before. Also, another purple giraffe for Qazz who took over for a good assault on the Crown, that actually succeeded after some 30-40 minutes of heavy fighting.

It was much more enjoyable playing on indar yesterday than the day before. They must've fixed the lag issues with heals/repairs/etc.

(Also, slightly off-topic: what is up with purple giraffes, by the way? A google search turns up thousands of purple giraffes, and half of them seem to be from our bloody forums!)

Yeah the purple giraffe thing is weird. I don't understand how there is so many.

I enjoyed the hell out of flying my gal that much. Great fun.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    in a massive show of cowardice and treachery, TR forces (mostly brtd) of roughly 100 people ghostcapped indar tonight. resistance was unfortunately futile, as TR had a continent pop of ~70%. we initially managed to ghost cap some of the eastern territories, but eventually succumbed (and the useless NC didnt redeploy from amerish, or capped the ridiculously easy arx reserve).

World pop of 50% as well. Operation succeeded I guess.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Heh, I've been saying for months that a late night op is the only way Indar is getting capped.

Time for a joint op with NC to remove it? Because you can be damn sure the same TRAM effectiveness that always responds on Esa and Am will now be doubled on Indar.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For if we need to camp on that ledge again, here is how you get a sundie there:

(Yes, I popped this time, but a little more twist or oomph and that wouldn't happen)

Activated Node
    Woohoo etc, etc...just got lock on Amerish