Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The lock!

We have Indar, lock seemed to have occured at 10CEST. Half the TR is pissed and calls it a ghostcap, other half congratulates us. Some are happy for the chance to fight on northern Indar again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Can't access that from work. Any chance of quoting the relevant parts here?

Edit: heard your name mangled on the latest episode of the ReachCast show by the way Bankrotas. "ban-krotas, bang-krowt-ass, bangkro-tass, whatever"
    Yep, gave my opinion on Hosin, Hossn whatever...

NC and TR were fighting for Amerish on alert, while VS capped almost all Indar and left TR with 2 teritories, which they couldn't defend in the end. Then the cap finished. Alert system - bringing you tactics and strategies in the game !
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe. Tricked by the alerts, then. Fancy that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ha ... what the hell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What the hell is this, I don't even...

Well, this will be interesting, to say the least. :P

Seems we might have a purpose for a time, at least until the TR night shift comes on at 3 am tomorrow.

I just popped on this morning for my passive certs and to my surprise we've locked down all three continents! How the hell did we manage that?
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Cool, but whodunnit?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well we did have a pretty darn strong hold on Esamir before the alert on Amerish last night so I guess some tenacious bastard sat upp all night to secure amerish as well

Saw a post on this inthe PS subreddit. Can't find it now though. 4.50 am was the moment, apparently. Rely a rather silly thing to do, capping continents at that kind of time on a weekday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Not that silly if you're american (Eurobob is likely the dude that did it).
    Find me on the Steams

That is true.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    ************************************************** *****************************

Message from Vanu Command:

* The sacred land of Indar has fallen under the control of the imperial infidels.
    * Their godless empire now holds sway over all three continents of Auraxis.
    * All true Vanu disciples are to report for duty forthwith to retake the sacred land: Indar.

/Ends

************************************************** *****************************

WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wow, NC must chafe, after coming close to a lock during the Esa alert last night.

I've been saying for a week or so, that we need to get our act together, as TR have held Amerish + Esamir for like 2 weeks now.

I know it would only be bad news for Vanu, but Miller must be in line for a merge sometime soon. Pops are way down, and TR are growing ever stronger.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    There were rumours of a merge with woodman I believe (probably someone else) and I welcome it.

Whilst it'll be harder to get onto alert indar without a sub it might mean there is some actual action on amerish. With a 4th continent on the way the playerbase is only going to be split further anyways.

It would also mean that the TR will experience a lot more queues than the rest of us and hopefully dissuade even more from appearing.

Hopefully this would also make it harder for the late night ghost caps if we have a few more players on at those times defending.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    TR have the lock on the early morning crew, which seems to be the issue. VS locked Esamir last week after breaking TR lock on it, held it for a day, and lost it to TR again at some ludicrous hour of the morning.

Getting a lock in Indar again is going to be an issue with the new lattice system - holding one faction in warp gate while trying to push the other back into theirs might be a bit tricky.

Amusingly enough Indar has never been a Vanu home continent, contrary to the other two, and would be the least deserving of being called "sacred land".
    Last edited by Skhalt; 28-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Personally, I've lost all interest for locks since I know they only happens during nights/early morning. It would be way more interesting if locks could only happens during certain hours or when there is at least X people connected for each faction.

That being said, i hate seeing red on my continent list, so if i can help removing that, i will be happy
    Last edited by Ksempac; 28-05-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I think we need to approach the NC and ask for a joint operation to remove the TR locks. We shouldn't be concerned with getting the locks back off them (ie returning it to us), but rather just removing the lock from them and resetting it to a more "fair" state.

With NC help we could remove the TR locks on Amerish and Esamir. I personally don't care about us getting it, but I would like to take it away from them, if only for a few hours to make it more annoying for them to ghost cap it back again.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Personally I have no issue cooperating with the NC if it helps us beat the TR. Down with the imperialists!