Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The lock!

We have Indar. From the looks of it, it happened 1100 CEST this sunday.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    wow ... does anyone have context? i really hope it wasn't a lame 4 am cap tho

Well, I logged on at 1100 CEST and we had the TR completely gated and NC held 2 territories adjacent to their gate. So the lock looks like it's an 1045 CEST job. It's early morning, for a sunday, but not really alarm clocking.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    eh, how is that possible then, lol. were we outnumbering anyone? and where the hell were tr and nc?

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    eh, how is that possible then, lol. were we outnumbering anyone? and where the hell were tr and nc?
    must have given up ;D

I logged in at 8 eu time and tr was gated but nc still had half the map. so they did a brilliant piece of work. praise vanu!
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's tremendous. Now we just need to stop anyone from warpgating us and we will be looking at another month of uninterrupted Indar ownership!

Let us celebrate with a round of Space Giraffe!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sunday Papers
    The second part of Electron Dance’s series on shooters: “Space Giraffe is a game that demands attention, patience and experimentation. It does not reward players immediately and, frankly, can feel like a mess because it throws everything at you in one go – overpowering visuals and lots of new mechanics. Jeff Minter put out a game that Jonathan Blow hoped would “raise the bar for game criticism” and pondered whether it was the Ulysses of videogames.”

I sense some epic Scarred Mesa Skydock defenses on the horizon!!!

As for this whole Miller thing, i personally feel like this talk is a bit unnecessary. I enjoy being the underdog. If you can even say we're the underdog. We still manage to pull our weight and make big impacts. It's just when it comes down to a huge TR force that we get into any real problems... Don't get me wrong though, the situation is only going to deteriorate, so i agree there needs to be the inevitable merge.

If there were to be a merge, (being speculative here) an outfit of our size might have some problems getting everybody on during alerts. Likely alleviated by the 4th continent, sure. But even then, there are so many things to factor in, such as other outfits, if the other server is more 'Noob friendly', the combined faction pops.

Ideally it would be with a similar or lower pop EU server. That way it might lesser the impact. You have to remember, if Miller gets merged, that means the huge numbers of TR come along to, and not only that, but they add onto the other merger TR pop... Vanu willing the chosen server has a larger VS pop. At least that way it might even out and be a nicer fit!
    Last edited by NickWhite; 09-06-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

My experience is that its fine in prime time as populations start to even out anyway and pop limits mean its always possible to find a fair fight. Outside of prime time however the pop difference can get to the point where its ruins my enjoyment of the game.
    AKA Rushtone