Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Krathor's Avatar

A Call To Arms Part 2 - SATURDAY the 23rd of March - 7PM GMT

Greetings everybody!

Commander Duke Witherheart here! Now, I understand that I've not been seen around these parts recently, but I have been very, very busy with work. I hear that World vs World vs World for our beloved Gunnar's Hold hasn't been too successful of late and these hard times have given me rose-coloured thoughts for the past - including the last Call To Arms.

RPS has seen a recent influx of active players with an interest in WvWvW. This is good and I think it's time to really demonstrate our capabilities when we combine with the wider server community as in days of old. There was something really special about having forty of us being able to work together towards a clear, singular goal while in the same channel and I want to try and repeat that success.

With that in mind...

Time for some large-scale shooty-shooty bang-bang!

Where and when do we meet up?

Hoelbrak, 7PM on Saturday the 23rd!

Never been there before? You can get a portal directly to it from Lion's Arch.

Do I need anything?

No! While we'll be coordinating with the Gunnar's Hold community and using their Mumble, we'll also have parties and squads up on the night. Everything will be made clear in party and team text chat in-game throughout the event.

You don't even have to bring a high level character. Even if this is your first time ever running with RPS in WvWvW we'll be nice (I promise). Just come along and see what fun you can have.

Where are we going?

To World vs World vs World comrade!

The exact map is to be decided on the night. I'm thinking possibly EB for a change, depending on numbers and the sort of resistance we'll be up against there. Ultimately, if we need up with all of the community playing within the event then we may be holding some epic defenses (defences?) within our own BL as at the last A Call To Arms.

What are we doing?

Expect the very particular brand of organised chaos that we're really great at in RPS. We'll be sticking up all manner of siege equipment just about anywhere on the map. It's a lot of fun and I hope that you can all make it.

Despite my recent hiatus, most of you will be familiar with my big-scale, high-risk, high-payoff style of commanding and if you like that, come along!

That it? No special, uber-secret tactics?

Just one: Bring a lot of supply.

I'll see you all on Saturday in Hoelbrak and tell your friends! Post below if you're coming.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Activated Node
    Graargh. Am on a course that weekend, but will join you later (I hope!) on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I have a birthday lunch to attend to; and you know how these things tend to drag on.
    So I probably won't be able to make it, but if i'm home and sober enough to move a mouse I'll try and join in.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Wouldn't miss it!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    Yay! I couldn't join the last one because I wasn't part of the Guild, but I'm looking forward for a second chance!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I might have to pop out to do the Bounty Guild event but will try to attend other times

Fear not, we've pushed that to Sunday so they don't clash

Obscure Node
    Will be there I reckon

Activated Node
    As I can only reply at the mo, could we ask if we can get a Calender Created for GW2 and add events that way. Might be a bit easier than trolling threads.

G.

Very good idea. I just remembered that we have a Steam group going and checked the page to be utterly surprised: Timofee has actually updated the ol' lady lately! Thanks man, I will keep an eye on that.

It's tonight!
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

\o/

PS I would add you to the steam group so you could post announcements but I seem to lack the powah

Think it's worth starting a big-ass thread and then just editing the first post with the upcoming schedule of events? Personally, I look at Steam less than I look at the RPS forum.
    Guild Wars 2:

I'm not on steam at all, so this is my fount of all knowledge.
    So either adding a calendar or a sticky with a single post for the weeks upcoming events would work for me.

I am not sure what kind of calendars are available and/or feasable, but shouldn't a google sheet or a doodle questionaire be sufficient?

there is actually a calendar at the top of the page, it doesn't appear to be used though; and I only just noticed it. I wonder if it would be possible to have a guild wars 2 view for it? and a mini side calendar.

Yeah, I've seen this one too. No idea if it is possible to get a GW2 specific one, but I might ask the higher-ups what can be done.

Network Hub
    Excellent event, though maybe a little bit too long for me as I even dreamt about loot bags >.< Thanks for leading us Duke, looking forward to another one!
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Some great wvw action - thanks!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A fantastic evening. Highlights for me were flipping the entire GH borderlands from green to red (ours), and the bit when Duke literally led us off a cliff in the zeal to get to the next target (thankfully healing was at hand).
    Ty for your enthusiasm and leadership Duke - I'm normally clueless in WvW so good to have some direction.

GW2: Ohara Scarlett