Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
    I am not fond of the idea of $100 for a full game, but I paid around $90 for BF2 ($50) + Special Forces ($20) + two expansion packs ($10 per I think). $90 in 2006 is worth $107 today. So realistically, we are paying the same amount for arguably more content.
    But back then some of the best content was free too.

Que arguments over modding being dead and so forth...
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I think Arma III will be my military manshoot of choice, BF4 will have to really impress to get me to buy it. Maybe if my friends do I will, I don't know. I think it's a combination of my poor connection and increasing age (I am only 26, mind) but I just don't have the motivation to play adversarial online games any more. Borderlands 2, Killing Floor and Arma II have given me so much more enjoyment than BF3 and BC2 have, for example.
    Playing with randoms is never as much fun as playing with people you know, regardless of the game.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Playing with randoms is never as much fun as playing with people you know, regardless of the game.
    Agreed, but it's not often as counter-productive as it is in BF3. Maybe it's because of the lack of actual in-game voice chat, but in most games you can still win on a team with randoms because they know how to play. BF3 gives people so many options that they really don't know what the hell they're doing half the time, you'll see jets only killing other jets instead of jets, choppers, tanks and damn near everything else, you'll see recons hiding on mountains not actually getting any kills... And nine times out of ten, when I join a game I'll be put on a squad with at least one of said recons, sometimes all three will be hiding miles away from anything. That's a pretty standard BF3 gripe, too, I know it's not just me who experiences this.

Hence why I prefer co-op PvE games nowadays, a lot more friendly and random games aren't always at least 25% idiots. But yeah, it's not BF3, it's adversarial games with a broad target demographic. And it could be worse still, I've watched my brother play the console version... It's as if they all have tunnel vision or something.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    It's as if they all have tunnel vision or something.
    Technically they do low default FOV ::shudders:: but it makes sense on TV screens I suppose. Never did fully understand that.

As to "adversarial" games, that is just the nature of a team game. Even TF2 gets quite, roll or be rolled a lot. The more you make gameplay dependent on people working together, the more it will suck when they don't.

The best games do force people into playing like a team even if they aren't thinking about it, BF3 is okay at that...but could be better. I hope BF4 will introduce more things for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
    Technically they do low default FOV ::shudders:: but it makes sense on TV screens I suppose. Never did fully understand that.
    1. When playing on a console, you sit a bit farther from the TV, and it fills a smaller cone of your view than a computer monitor would.

2. When the field of view is smaller, there are fewer things to render. This helps performance on aging consoles. Console hardware doesn't improve, but gamers expect visuals to improve. It has to come from somewhere. Reducing the view is a popular trick.
    pass