Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar

Robot ninja giraffes

If you came here expecting details of an exciting new strategy making use of maxes and infiltrators... well you've only yourself to blame. I've been out of town all week for my job and tonight I'm in Edinburgh. Right near my hotel I spotted these guys:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/14cxh5v.jpg

Aren't they great? I mean I loved Edinburgh before but I'm really wondering if I should bother returning to London at the end of the week. What can it offer me when I've already seen robot ninja giraffes?

That's outside the Omni-Centre, I'd forgotten they were there!

Hmmmm. Far too good for a bunch of Edinbuggers. I'll need to do something about that

Edinburgh is a lovely city. I had a wonderful time a few years back during the Fringe festival. Robot Giraffes just seal the deal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Omni-Centre for Vanu Studies and Meditation?

Yep - The Cap-Point is inside.

There are a few giant brass pigeons further down Leith Walk, also a pair of feet where someone managed to steal a giant brass pigeon.

Obscure Node
    Huh--I've never noticed the brass pigeons on Leith Walk. But I've always lived on the other side of the city centre, and been taught that Leith is a scary place :P

I've been a few times and never noticed anything untoward, but I'm so desensitised to city living by now that I was impressed how eloquent Edinburgh homeless people were with their cardboard signs detailing exactly why I should contribute to their cause. I regularly go to Birmingham, Manchester and leeds too, their tramps either lie and tell some elaborate story about their pregnant wife that they need to get to in a completely different place, or tell the truth and say they'll murder you if you don't give them cash. In London they ALL sell the big issue, except the ones that sleep in doorways. However that might be the same guys just taking some r&r between shifts.

im guess it's not homeless per se I should be watching for right? Is it more neds I should be wary of?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did someone post this up here before? Not sure where I saw it... but so long as you got your 2 litre Jinja, got nothing to worry about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZthGdjGX0E

Massive fat rab fan so seen that but it's pretty awesome, especially since I last saw it before Mountain Dew gate. Now I just see those neds as games journalism, and fat rab as fat rab.

Since this has now devolved into awesome shit that's Scottish I'd just like to let the two people on rps who don't know about consolevania know about consolevania. Go watch it, even though its years old its still the best games show that isn't games master (Dominic diamond Jesus Scotland can you do no wrong?) and its worth the price of admission just for kenny. It's also a big influence on me in that these guys pretty much invented combining amazing music with videogames and white text on a black background.

http://consolevania.com/