Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obscure Node

Rock Paper Sanctuary 2.0 (Diablo 3)

Hey guys,

The last major D3 patch made some significant changes to to several core mechanics including loot, in-game events, difficulty and class balancing. One of the other changes is the addition of clans (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/12891941/). For those of you forum dwellers who are interested in playing together I've taken the liberty of creating an RPS clan, RockPaperSanctuary. I had to make it one word because "sanctuary" was apparently on the banned list of words and I'm too lazy/not clever enough to think of another name.

Co-op is the best way to play D3, with the bonus to loot and xp, even if it is an excuse to justify their always-online requirment. So if you want some consistant people to run with just seach for the clan and I'll add you. I'm just as new to this system as you are but if you have any questions let me know.

TL;DR:
    US D3 clan is RockPaperSanctuary
    EU D3 clan is Rock Paper Shotgun

-SkippyMcGee
    Last edited by SkippyMcGee; 18-03-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: typos, clarity, additional info

Obscure Node
    Is this clan on the U.S servers? I play on EU and i couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkrul View Post
    I think there is already an RPS clan in EU. I played with a fine fellow yesterday who was kind enough to donate some gear ;)

I'll be up for a game this weekend anyways for anyone who still has me on their friends list. No voice chat though. Can't interrupt my gf watching Gilmore Girls, haha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I think there is already an RPS clan in EU. I played with a fine fellow yesterday who was kind enough to donate some gear ;)

I'll be up for a game this weekend anyways for anyone who still has me on their friends list. No voice chat though. Can't interrupt my gf watching Gilmore Girls, haha.
    That show is the worst. Seriously, nobody goes more than a second without talking. That's not natural!!

But I'd probably join an RPS Diablo 3 clan.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    That show is the worst. Seriously, nobody goes more than a second without talking. That's not natural!!

But I'd probably join an RPS Diablo 3 clan.
    It's actually an ok show but the amount of dialogue per minute gives me heart palpitations.

I actually just bought this game a couple of days ago.

Battle tag is : Cephas#2498

I have no idea what's going on with it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkrul View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response! Yeah, it's on a US server. If someone cares to track down the EU clan info I'd be glad to update the original post.

Network Hub
    Rock Paper Shotgun is the clan name for EU.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I also play Diablo 3 from time to time, since last patch! Find my tag in my signature.

And by the way: Rock Paper Shotgun, being an online community, should probably be represented by a D3 "community" rather than a "clan", since clans have a 120 member limit. Stoopid has created a community too, I believe.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And you can only be in 1 clan.

So, who has the expansion, ready for tomorrow's release? (I do and plan to play some during the week)
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    So, who has the expansion, ready for tomorrow's release? (I do and plan to play some during the week)

I'm waiting on a physical copy from Amazon (Collector's edition, I know, I know...) so I'll be late to the party around the end of the week. I'll hopefully also avoid any server issues ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I got it. I even quashed my gnat-sized attention span long enough to get an actual level 60 (Demon Hunter). The hefty XP bonuses we've had haven't hurt. I think my gear is still catching up a little bit, though. I'm looking forward to Adventure Mode, so I'll be blasting through Act V fairly efficiently (for me). Like everyone else, I imagine.

Is anyone else finding difficulty spikes rather annoying in Act V? I'm running Torment I difficullty, and find that regular fights are easy enough to become practically boring, while some elite packs will kill me within 2 seconds. It is annoying.

Have a friend who complained about not feeling like added levels of Torment give any added rewards. Is anyone else feeling the same?

After completing ActV I agree on the difficulty.
    Most of it was plain sailing, some of it was vastly annoying (rats, boggits and scarabs, oh my).
    There were a few big hitters though, which is ok. I'm too much of a girl to try hardcore so it's just a repair bill for me at the end of the day but there were a couple of unique's that just immediately handed me my bleeding arsehole. The concentration of them seemed pretty tight as well, quite often I ran into a unique and an elite pack at the same time... which was fun.

Not played much since completing ActV so I can't comment on how the Torment rewards are working, I did get to 68 just by going through ActV so will try to hit the cap later tonight, then probably go Adventure mode or perhaps try the Crusader, or maybe both.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It really is not the Act itself, but the effect of the new level scaling and the rate you receive upgrades. Torment is really not a difficulty made to work well with level scaling, but to work with a static end game level and give you the ability to progress to more difficult demons along with getting more rewards.

Go play a lv 1 Master character. By lv 6, unless you ran back to town or got lucky with a new weapon every 2 levels, the difficulty spikes quite a bit.

Play on Expert with a fresh Crusader in the 50s at Act 5, it is a whole new experience. Expert has the right exp gain while still offering the reasonable challenge. You can push it at Masters but sometimes it might end up in frustration with the elite/champs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The item level bug isn't helping (levels 61-65 drop only level 61 items, levels 66 up drop level 66 items). I've had to drop back down to expert as I've gotten to level 65. I've almost leveled, so I'm hoping for a jump in power once the 66s start dropping for me.

Activated Node
    Sent in my request to Rock Paper Shotgun clan on the EU servers.

So far with RoS and patch 2.0 in general I am having a blast. The new legendaries are interesting. Sometimes a very good one will even make you switch out skills and runes for that sweet damage type bonus. Also the crusader is a ton of fun. Some very good amounts of synergy between different skills and runes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love the skill damage bonus. 10-15% on rares is nothing to be sniffed at, especially if you get two of the same skill. I got a 15% for Rapid Fire and ended up making a build based around it that I really enjoyed playing. If you have to stay in one spot to do damage Caltrops- Bait The Trap is fantastic, and the Brooding passive means I can actually face tank modest levels of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    The item level bug isn't helping (levels 61-65 drop only level 61 items, levels 66 up drop level 66 items). I've had to drop back down to expert as I've gotten to level 65. I've almost leveled, so I'm hoping for a jump in power once the 66s start dropping for me.
    I'm sure I saw on twatter that this was intended behaviour. The stats on the items are fine but the level req has been reduced. At 61 you are getting a 65 capable piece of gear.