Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    If you say that you're LITERALLY ON CHEAP MEXICAN HEROIN.

I dunno... I think I'm METAPHORICALLY ON FRAGRANT CHINESE OPIUM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

As someone that never posts, this thread is disappointing. I've bought the game that has not been released yet, and most likely has not been played by nigh 100% of the people that have bought it here. Do you truly need to post a new thread in this manner (yes I did realise you noted 'spoilers' and did not read the actual plot, why would I)? I'm not looking to single you out R-F, but this is the kind of stuff I try to avoid at other sites by coming to RPS, as I'm sure many others do. Come on, man.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    I've watched another person play it. And if you're really going to say "DAT DONT COUNT SON", then you're on actual crack cocaine.
    Or at least, are watching another person use it.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    As someone that never posts, this thread is disappointing. I've bought the game that has not been released yet, and most likely has not been played by nigh 100% of the people that have bought it here. Do you truly need to post a new thread in this manner (yes I did realise you noted 'spoilers' and did not read the actual plot, why would I)? I'm not looking to single you out R-F, but this is the kind of stuff I try to avoid at other sites by coming to RPS, as I'm sure many others do. Come on, man.
    He probably would have been fine if he hadn't been so sensational about it. Because he's not entirely wrong, that is a very, hackneyed and pseudo-philosophical plot.

But all caps in the title alone is a red flag. And then the posts started.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Taken straight from /v/
    Come on people, this should've been your first clue to stop reading the post. If there's any place that hates video games with passion and loves to do nothing more than complain about them, that's /v/.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Come on people, this should've been your first clue to stop reading the post. If there's any place that hates video games with passion and loves to do nothing more than complain about them, that's /v/.
    No. Playthroughs of the game are available. The story is basically:

Elizabeth said "No Booker. You are the Comstock"
    And then Booker was dead.

It also ruins the previous games.
    It's one of those stories where the explanation is IT HAPPENS BECAUSE IT HAPPENS, IT ALWAYS WILL AND ALWAYS DID LEL*

*actual quote

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    No. Playthroughs of the game are available. The story is basically:

Elizabeth said "No Booker. You are the Comstock"
    And then Booker was dead.

It also ruins the previous games.
    It's one of those stories where the explanation is IT HAPPENS BECAUSE IT HAPPENS, IT ALWAYS WILL AND ALWAYS DID LEL*

*actual quote
    Yeeeeah.

People are gonna be massively disappointed with this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Is it even out already?

Every time someone posts article like this I am tempted to buy the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by The RPS Daily Mail Outlet View Post
    I've watched another person play it. And if you're really going to say "DAT DONT COUNT SON", then you're on actual crack cocaine.
    I once watched the 100 metres at the Olympic Games. Still waiting for my medal.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Gentlemen, could we have excellence please? Thank you.

This whole discussion ties in neatly with the article a couple of days back about the disadvantages of pre-ordering by the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I do appreciate the warning that Bioshock Infinite is about time travel, though. I don't think I've ever actually lastingly liked a time travel story, no matter how well done
    May I suggest the film Timecrimes (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Nobody wants to talk about games on this forum any more, people just want to be personality on the forum and argue why they are always correct in their opinions, and most of the time without even playing the games they're talking about if that's actually what they're managing to talk about.
    If I didn't think my opinion was right, I wouldn't have it.

Also, you need a nap. I know because that's what I want except I have to look busy by typing a lot.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row
    I once watched the 100 metres at the Olympic Games. Still waiting for my medal.
    You could have waited and watched the award ceremony; which is comparable to receiving a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    If I didn't think my opinion was right, I wouldn't have it.
    "At any street corner we may meet a man who utters the frantic and blasphemous statement that he may be wrong. Every day one comes across somebody who says that of course his view may not be the right one. Of course his view must be the right one, or it is not his view." ~ Orthodoxy, G.K. Chesterton

(I just like it when people say things that remind me of this favored quote; thanks =)
    Last edited by Berzee; 22-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    You could have waited and watched the award ceremony; which is comparable to receiving a medal.
    Oh, of course. What a fool I was... well played.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Next will someone tell me it's impossible to judge a movie now if we're not there while it's being made or acted in it?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Next will someone tell me it's impossible to judge a movie now if we're not there while it's being made or acted in it?
    Haven't you heard the ever lasting fanboy adage, "If it's so crap, why don't you make something better?"?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So basically it's ME3 all over again? Except instead of an all powerful AI kid who lets you decide at the end if you wish to <i>kill him</i> and <i> let's you do so</i>, it's a super powerful time traveler? Both suger from the "everyone knew the result in the begging and the entire journey is a waste, all because 1 person forgot to tell you"? Plus the problematic Deus ex Machina.

Could be a hoax, but after Star Trek the new movie, I would not put it past them. :P
    Oh, and I dread to see what happens to Star Wars now. I hope it ends up as John Carter and not Toy Story 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    I won't, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out what a poor analogy the whole Movie/Game watching/playing/performing in is.

Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    Haven't you heard the ever lasting fanboy adage, "If it's so crap, why don't you make something better?"?
    I haven't... not in this thread, anyway. Because no one has said it, apart from yourself. Is that why it's everlasting... because people keep bringing it up as something other people haven't said?
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    I won't, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out what a poor analogy the whole Movie/Game watching/playing/performing in is.
    To be honest, I was going to, but really, what's the point?