Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I really want to like this game but there's just so much that's pissing me off.

-There is no expert spear trainer in all of Sorpigal. In fact, there is none in the entirety of act one. Once you get to Seahaven, however, the spear master trainer is right next to the expert trainer but there's no master trainer in Seahaven for any of the other weapon categories. Arbitrarily hiding trainers is such a poor design decision, I don't even know where to begin.

-Loot is awful. It's really hard to find anything useful, be it through monster drops or stores. The older M&M games were no Diablo but beating a dungeon would at least reward you with something valuable.

-Status ailments are excessive, devastating and incredibly difficult to get rid of. It gets old real fast.

-The game is too linear. In previous M&M games you could go just about everywhere after the tutorial dungeon, including all the towns. I don't know why the developers thought it was a good idea to just cut you off from reaching Seahaven (and the other cities) right from the start. If you go anywhere where you shouldn't be then you get your ass kicked anyways.

-Boss fights can fuck right off. Why even bother with so many mechanics when bosses are flat out immune to most of them? It's boring, gimmicky tank'n'spank battles that rely on praying to the RNG that the boss doesn't one-shot your healer.

Ironically, it feels much more like a Wizardry than a Might & Magic game. It's okay but it could be so much better.
    The trainers are certainly a bit wonky, there seems to be little in the way of balance with regards to how long you have to play to find them. Some skills wave even the GM trainer in your face, some skills you have to search far and wide just for expert.

The linearity ends after Seahaven, you can go pretty well anywhere you like as soon as that path opens. Unfortunately the final part of the game (perhaps inevitably) goes back on rails for a pretty disappointing conclusion that I ended up rushing through.

Your healer being one-shotted will end after the early part of the game too. The many perma-health potions the game throws your way will quite quickly make them reasonably tough. And if you have a water mage of any kind health becomes irrelevant anyway because enemies will be lucky to hit you for double figures (probably a bug).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    That final boss. Horrible design.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Firkragg View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing dropping framerates and general stuttering in graphics? Had very few problems to begin with but the more I progress, the more the stuttering seems to be increasing. My GPU temperatures are fine, tho the fans are working overtime. I've come to a point now where I don't want to continue any more until its patched, which is a shame, as I was having a great time.
    I'm having the same problem, it's the reason I stopped playing for now. It started around the fortress area near the beginning but wasn't too bad. But once I ventured into the woods behind Seahaven, it slowed to a crawl. It's really not a whole lot of fun to have combat slowed down enough that actions like blocking take 10 to 15 seconds each. It oddly feels like the game is lagging, instead of typical FPS Stutter. As a side effect, sound effects and music get stuck in a loop when that happens. 4-5 different tracks all superimposed over one another, yeah no. Thanks but no.
    There sure is some fixing to be done. Pity indeed, I was having a blast.

/Edit:
    And yeah, CPU and memory load seem to be fine with most of my computer twiddling thumbs.

I have the same kinds of performance problems and loading times are preposterous. I'm putting the game on hold until it gets patched and I pray it won't break my save files.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Just popped in to say my performance issues may have been caused by my cpu not receiving enough cooling (103 degrees in idle? Jesus). My water cooler was blocked by some strange slush, even though it was supposed to be a closed, maintenance free system. Damn that was a pain to trouble shoot.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I have huge performance drops in certain places( crossroad near Seaheaven for example - every time) and my CPU temp is never above 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

time for some upgrades!!!
    -=-=-= Eldevin Characters =-=-=-
    Battle Mage: Plat0nicHate (Lvl 34) | Templar: PLat0nic (Lvl 22)
    -=-=-= Stomping Eldevin n00bs since Beta =-=-=-

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by plat0nic View Post
    time for some upgrades!!!
    Yep. To the game.
    When the systems are twiddling their thumbs because large parts of their power remain unused, a system upgrade will just end with more power remaining unused.

So, what's the current status of the game, patch-wise? It's 25% off today, is it worth investing now, or should I wait for the inevitable 50%? I do have plenty of games to play atm. But I am itching to try Legacy.

GMG had it on 30% sale after release, so I won't be surprised if it will get cheaper sooner. Also the game was yet to be patched properly (as of last week, the last time I played it) and it's still quite buggy. Not unplayable buggy, but there are glitches and hiccups all over the place.

It's also worth waiting for the modding tools, the salvation may come from there (unless it's just level creation tools).
    Bottom line - If you are not bored at the moment, don't rush.

There was a huge 1Gb patch like two days ago but I haven't played it since. I will report once I get some free time later.

Thanks guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    From the changelog:

• Three new dungeons (including the Community Dungeon you created: we have 2 special guests on our Credits now!). We will give you more information about them within the next days but to give you a small insight: two of them will be available for everybody & the last one is exclusively for deluxe buyers!
    • Improved performance & clearer texture quality setting (you can expect some improvement on open world but we will continue to work on this point along next patches too)
    • Reduction of save corruption risks (we are still working on it, however we recommend you to delete existing ones and disable Uplay Saves Sync if you experienced this issue)
    • 16/10 resolution is now officially supported by the game
    • Fixed modding kit for the final version of the game
    • Spirit Beacon bug is now fixed; invisible enemy won’t haunt you anymore! (You can no longer use it in dungeon or with close enemies)
    • Numerous additional bug fixes & balancing (many of them reported by the community)
    • Etc.

Pretty stoked about "etc."

Full log here.

Right. I think I'll wait a few months then. Corrupted saves possibilities are not really my cup of tea on 60 hour games when I don't really have much free time to begin with!

Okay, played for about an hour and it hasn't changed too much. It's still incredibly sluggish and runs like crap. What did they do in the last three weeks?

Mmmm, spirit bacon...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Did anyone participate in the survey?

I wish there were more surveys like this, even though its not perfect it still gives vague impression that devs care. I liked how when you choose that you own Dark Messiah other choices are dismissed... there must be a hidden meaning there. I wonder what happens when you choose "I like Pokemon and want more stuff like Pokemon in MM", probably your pc explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    I got the survey even though I never actually bought the game...

Which I'm still thinking of doing, just waiting for it to be "fixed".

I can't even access the survey, I only get timeouts and error messages. Say what you want about Ubi but at least they are consequent.

I bought it last Sunday on steam when it was 33% off and I'm having quite a good time with it. I certainly appreciate the various sound clips from the old games, nice nostalgia moments!

Can someone tell me where I can buy spells from, by any chamce? I'm still at the first area, just finished the castle and flew to that other place (forget the name).