Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Battle Worlds: Kronos, 4-pack pledge

Not sure the best place to put this.

For anyone else interested, Battle World: Kronos has a 4 pack and 2 pack pledge tier, making the game cheaper per person and getting more digital goods.

Does anyone want to split on a Squadleader Kit ( x4 Digital Copy, x4 Extended Manual, x4 Weapon's Manual, x4 Digital Soundtrack, x4 Dev forum access, x4 Beta Access).

$65 total

$16.25 a person.

The basic pledge is $20 for: Digital Copy, Beta Access, Dev forum.

So you pay less and get more.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tegy-revisited
    Last edited by Moraven; 25-03-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    I'm interested (once my Torment pledge is substracted and I see how much money left I actually have). But how does that work ? Can 4 people pay each using his own account ? Because otherwise I won't contribute. I don't trust a random person on the internet. I have nothing against you personally, but in case I'm ripped off there's nothing I can do.
    pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Would work just like a 4-pack on Steam, 1 buyer who distributes the codes. Which seem to have some interest here, but maybe not for this game. :)

Something to ask the devs, but I doubt the extra work would be worth it for them.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    When would the codes be distributed? I'm not worried about being ripped off, but I am concerned about the possibility that in eight months the host will have forgotten, lost interest in games/his reputation on this forum, changed/lost access to his e-mail, or be dead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Good point. I will ask through the Kickstarter and see what they say, the information does not appear elsewhere on the Kickstarter.

If you get it sorted count me in.

Edit: I'm assuming the DRM free version will be through GOG.com so you could assign each copy to an email address and have it unlocked automagically when the game releases. But then I'm not sure about the extras.
    Last edited by Bhazor; 25-03-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The reply from Ask a Question on the Kickstarter:

Hi,
    You'll get four codes after the Kickstarter campaign has ended. All four codes got the same value, meaning that all four players get access to the beta and so on. With these codes you can download the beta versions from our server as soon as we release them.
    You'll get the final version of the game with this code, too. (Or if you like and if we're able to make deals with them, you can trade the code in for a Steam or GoG.com code).
    Jan
    So if we have a group of 4 interested, I will put in for the Squadleader Kit and can exchange codes/monies once we have the codes. If more add in then a 2nd group can form.
    Last edited by Moraven; 26-03-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Well I'm still interested.
    I'll send you a PM later.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have a pledge in for the the Squadleader Kit. The Kickstarter still has a few weeks to go. PM if still interested in the 4 pack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Kickstarter is over and I have one confirmed interested party int he 4-pack I pledged. If there is anyone else interested let me know. Any paypal exchanges will happen once I get their beta/game keys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just received the Beta keys if there are any other interested parties into buying one from this 4-pack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I already have my key, but would just like to mention that we should definitely get an RPS group going to battle it out asynchronously. Being eight hours after UK time, this is pretty much the only way I can play with many RPS folks.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Game is being officially released Nov 4 for $29.99. $39.99 for the digital goods and game.

I still have two KS keys that include the full game and digital goods for $16.25. (and beta for the last 10 days of it). The copy is DRM free version for Windows, Mac and Linux. They said they would give Steam keys if Greenlit, which it has been.

I might try to do a Let's Play this weekend to give an idea how it plays.

And hey, a KS that is finishing at the time they said they would!

Game looks pretty interesting.. What are your thoughts so far from the beta?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Things have improved steadily. I have only played a handful of skirmishes. There is a single player campaign.
    The firing animation and effects is rather plain. I guess once you play a lot you tend to turn on skip or quick animations but wish they were a little nicer. Depends me a little of Advance Wars. You can take over factories. Units level up. Units get 2 action points (which are Movement, Attack, or Joker) Wish the UI adjusted on resolution changes.

There is a nice zoom out basic graphic strategic view.

Will have to play more to see how much length of content there is. I have played every Advance War and played a good amount of Massive Assault Network 2. Fun games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I already have my key, but would just like to mention that we should definitely get an RPS group going to battle it out asynchronously. Being eight hours after UK time, this is pretty much the only way I can play with many RPS folks.
    Definitely will need to get a group going. This is one think I loved about Massive Assault Network and running like 5 games at a time. Since it release right when BlizzCon starts I can get it on some games the week after.

Bought one of the keys from Moraven (thanks!), installed and playing today enjoyed what I've seen so far!

Asynchronous is a big attraction for me also, having extremely erratic gaming hours, so will certainly be up for games.

The game was officially released today, but it looks like GOG users won't get their copies until tomorrow. Anyone played it yet?

Also, Enhanced Steam tells me that this uses third party DRM. Anyone know what kind?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The beta used a launcher, not sure if the release version is the same.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet to see how it all works. I believe KS were given a choice of Direct non DRM, Steam or GoG. Steam store page says no DRM. Multiplayer requires a cd-key.

Also have a 4th KS key left that includes the game and digital goodies that is in the Special Edition. At ~half price of the current Steam price.

Interesting they will run a -20% off on Steam but not their main store. Probably due to the increased looks and traffic.

Yeah, the Steam store page says no DRM but Enhanced Steam shows me this:

Maybe it's because of the launcher? I'm still not sure whether or not I want to choose Steam or GOG. On the one hand there's convenience and community features, on the other there's no DRM and I could probably install it on my work lappy. Decisions, decisions...
    Last edited by Fumarole; 04-11-2013 at 07:49 PM.