Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H1Z1 then

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

H1Z1 then

Early access starts today. Anyone getting involved (for those that don't know, it's not free).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    What's the cost? Can't seem to find any information.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have found this buried in the FAQs on the H1Z1 site

H1Z1 will be available for purchase through Steam Early Access for $19.99 USD and a second SKU will be $39.99

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Decent place for info: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comment...s_release_day/

$20 bucks minimum

Release is 6:00pm UK tonight apparently.
    Last edited by Boffinboots; 15-01-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have to say, it looks better than I expected:

http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1/v/3682615

Network Hub
    I miiight take a dive, eh it's 20$ anyway. Anyone else from the community playing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dunno. I may splurge out. Perhaps will wait to see what the early opinions are like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Gief free beta.

So there is one guy on Earth who actually wanna play H1Z1 ? O_O you've got to explain to me what's the appeal of that game for you, because so far, all the reactions I've seen were along the lines of "yet another zombie survival thing" or "oh a F2P DayZ wannabe"
    Looking for some game recommendations ? Follow my Steam curator list http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864124/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I will probably get this, but not until I'm home on Thursday next week. Would be interested to hear form anyone who tries it.

I liked what DayZ was trying to do, but not how it did it. Hizzy looks somewhat better. But I have to say, after Dead State and State of Decay I'm kinda done with zombie survival as a genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    So there is one guy on Earth who actually wanna play H1Z1 ? O_O you've got to explain to me what's the appeal of that game for you, because so far, all the reactions I've seen were along the lines of "yet another zombie survival thing" or "oh a F2P DayZ wannabe"
    For me it would just be interesting to see the PS2 engine being used for something a bit different and who knows, it could be good! Kind of like Everquest Next. But I'm not interested enough to pay for any of either of them at the moment.

Network Hub
    Yeah AFAIK Day Z and such aren't really an MMO and won't have the size/scale that this game will have. Also I am one of the rare people that hasn't really played zombie survival games that much but has an interest in the concept. Can you build your own stuff in Day Z?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Apparently you can buy ammo with real money. Can anyone confirm if thats legit info or just the ps2 subreddit talking shit so I know whether this can definitely fuck off or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Apparently you can buy ammo with real money. Can anyone confirm if thats legit info or just the ps2 subreddit talking shit so I know whether this can definitely fuck off or not?

8) We have made the decision to allow paid for airdrops into the game with things like guns and other things being randomly selected as part of the airdrop.
    From their blog. People are saying that includes ammo. So you sort of can buy ammo.
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Thats almost worse. The old online gambling f2p trick. Pay to win but long and drawn out.

I'll wait and see if the final product is less cynical than it sounds right now.
    I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period.
    I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a post with some post-hoc rationalisation, saying they'll tone down the chance of guns etc and that the plane doing the drop is really slow and obvious so anyone can in fact find the drop and take it/kill you before you get it, but yeah, it sounds a bit shitty.

Network Hub
    What's insane to me is how much this game is already more popular than PS2 ever was, when PS2 as a concept is way more unique and groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaz View Post
    What's insane to me is how much this game is already more popular than PS2 ever was, when PS2 as a concept is way more unique and groundbreaking.
    The plebs love zombies, yo.

I watched the stream and it looks interesting. But given SOE and that this seems very much P2W, I'll have to sell a kidney to afford anything useful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmaz View Post
    What's insane to me is how much this game is already more popular than PS2 ever was
    How do you work that one out?