Planetside 2 Guide

What is Planetside 2

PlanetSide 2 is a revolutionary massive scale first-person shooter where soldiers battle as one in strategic, targeted missions against enemy empires in an all-out planetary war. The game challenges the skill and grit of the most seasoned soldier through intense infantry, air, and ground vehicle gameplay.

How do I get Planetside 2

Planetside 2 is a free-to-play game, you can be download it from Steam or from the Planetside 2 website

How do I play?

Planetside 2 plays like any First Person Shooter{FPS} game, you will be given the option to play the tutorial at the start. If you choose to skip the tutorial you will then be thrown into the war. I recommend you play the tutorial and learn as much as it tells you.
    When you start the game it is best you spawn at a warpgate, this is a safe zone where your faction can assemble, spawn vehciles and change class where the enemy can't attack. Press the ESC key and goto settings at the bottom right corner of the screen. Here you can change the graphics settings, key binds, audio and other options that best meets your requirements.
    I recommend you start playing the game as a medic, as the medic applicator (Default key: 3) can heal friendly players with the left mouse button and revive them when their dead with the right mouse button when your close to them, upgrading it increases the speed to heals/revives and distance you require to be from your teammate. This is the fastest way to earn experience early in the game.
    You can find threads and links at the bottom of this guide that can help you understand and play the game further, alternatively the RPS community is always willing to help, when you join an outfit you can contact them by pressing (Default key: Enter) then beginning your message with "/outfitsay" this will send your message to the outfit only. Or you can talk to the community on the mumble server where they would be glad to help you.

What is Daybreak Cash?

Daybreak Cash(DBC) is an in-game currency that is purchased with real money, it is used to unlocked items in-game, although most items can be unlocked through in-game certifications DBC allows you to unlock them anytime and permently across your account for all characters and newly created. You can also earn DBC monthly by subscribing with an all access account which gives you membership across all DBG games.

How do I join the RPS outfit

First you need to create a character on the Miller[EU] Server. Post on the recruitment page corresponding to your characters faction recruitment, links can be found further down this page. Then join the RPS Mumble server and join the planetside 2 channel. Request a recruitment officer to recruit you, they will check you have posted on the recruitment page and then send you an invite.

What is mumble

Mumble is a voice over IP (VoIP) application. It is an application that allows us to communicate with each other over the internet using ours microphones. To join you need to Download Mumble then join the RPS Mumble server.
    You are not required to have a mic to join the mumble server but it is recommended. We do require that you join the mumble server before joining any outfit and when playing with the RPS community to join the mumble server for better communication, it is the primary source of giving orders.

Who are the RPS Outfits

Rock, Planet,Shotgun
    Website
    Steam Group
    Recruitment

Rock, Traitor, Shotgun
    Steam Group
    Recruitment

Rock, Dictator, Shotgun
    Steam Group
    Recruitment

Threads of Interest

VS Recruitment
    NC Recruitment
    RDIS Recruitment
    What now?
    Discuss the state of the Game
    Weapons Appreciation Society
    Cosmetics Appreciation Society
    26th May Server Smash
    May Community Training
    NC Freedom Fridays
    RPS StratGir Wednesday
    RDIS Monday
    DayBreakCash Offers
    Jaguar Skills' Videos

External Links of Interest

Offical Website
    Offical Wikia
    Offical Reddit
    Offical Twitch
    Download the Test Server
    Purchase on the Steam store
    Planetside Universe
    Infantry Damage Analyzer
    Vehcile Damage Analyzer
    Planetside 2 Maps

* This thread may need more information please contact Challenger2uk with your suggestion.
    ** Outdated threads Planetside 2 for beginners, Resource Thread, The thread of all threads
    Last edited by Challenger2uk; Yesterday at 06:07 PM.

Cool thread.

If there's no objections, I could happily delete those threads that Challenger has marked as outdated if appropriate.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I think there are still things in those other threads that are of use. We could maybe just have links here to them and just un-sticky.
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Name the links and I'll add them, I only added the ones I thought were really relevant. I mean the population counters are nice 'n all but I can't see any use for them.
    I think sticky this and unsticky the others but don't delete them, its other peoples work that they put effort into doing.

Stickied! I'll sort out the old topics as well
    RPS Mumble Server [mumble.rockpapershotgun.com:64738]
    ServerAdmin