[RTRS] Boring admin discussion

Hey RTRS, you sexy devils you. Last night Bankrotas asked if I (Touching here) could handle some of the intern processing and that was fine.

I can do a check when I play to see who's online and if they are an intern, get them on mumble and formally induct them into the outfit. No problemo.

But booting inactive interns was a much less clear part of the role. We currently have a very large amount of interns that have been inactive for over two weeks, a time frame Stipulated for bootage. But Bank was reluctant to let me start kicking everyone in all directions (a good thing). So here's the question: How long does an Intern have to go inactive for in order to safely be booted (and the same again for Junior Clerk). We need a set rule so that we can simply 'process' people based on the one bit of information we have on them.

Also, good job with recruiting lately, seems like the outfit is getting bigger and better with it. Pity I'm still a terrible PL.
    Killing threads since Quake Three...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It has been discussed before, 2 weeks for interns. As the rank is used to make the aplication system easier to handle. Once they come on mumble and speak to an officer and get the outfit introduction then they get promoted.

Clean and simple.
    Steam: Dominicus

2 weeks, no excuses. (Unless theres a valid excuse)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    [honest question, seriously not trolling]

Why did you decide to kick inactive people?

[RPS] talked about it quite a lot but didn't reach a conclusion (unless I missed something). I'm just interested to know why you're doing it.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Because it's not difficult to rejoin if you want to continue playing with us. Plus it makes for a misrepresentation of the outfit to have people who haven't logged on in half a year inflating our numbers and thus others' expectations.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post

[RPS] talked about it quite a lot but didn't reach a conclusion (unless I missed something). I'm just interested to know why you're doing it.
    Simpliest personal reason? I want to know, that I can trust least a bit, who are in my outfit.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post

Waffly decided to keep the outfit clean by throwing a few people out from time to time. Part of the reason might also be the huge influx of tourists that play one freedom friday and decide it's not their style. Especially around the time that the rule of 1 character per server was removed the influx was huge. Might be part of the reason, but for the truth ask Waffly. The clean up rules where implemented before I was promoted to be an officer.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Are we implementing Bank's proposal in full? I.e. Clerks kicked after 3 months? Quite a few of them.

I'm having a clear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Are we implementing Bank's proposal in full? I.e. Clerks kicked after 3 months? Quite a few of them.

I'm having a clear out.
    We'll discuss it tonight, id be for it, considering we've already implemented most of the proposal already.

On culling: The policy was started 7ish months after ps2's official release to combat the rising proportion of people who had been inactive for a prolonged period of time (4-6 months). At that point, a large amount of our members had maybe played with us on the first freedom friday and never again.

The philosophy behind it is that, in the event that a person returns to planetside, they are always welcome back to the outfit. But having a large proportion of members inactive within the outfit is unsightly and detrimental to attracting new members. It keeps around those who seek to remain active and contribute to the outfit environment, as opposed to those who view the outfit as a part time, at my own leisure community.
    Everything is a thing.

Activated Node
    so how do interns know who to ask to get a induction?

Quote Originally Posted by CherryHood View Post
    I suspect the shouting bank and the 10+ pm's do help from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryHood View Post
    Ask any online directors, they'll take care of you.
    Everything is a thing.