Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    mindburst uses the sva 88, and hes one of our top players.

also, I dont understand the hate for the autoshotguns. the pandora with ammo, slug and nightvision is absolutely deadly.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Since slugs make it a 3 shot kill, I do like autoshotty, but it takes a bit of control away from me, so I got a Sweeper, combined with extra ammo and nothing else, since sight blocks a bit of peripheral vision, which could be vital also I sport Ammo belt for my LA, thus having 72 shells in my ammo pool atm.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    the lancer has been buffed. it feels a bit better now that the delay is gone.
    edit: alright, i've played around with it a bit more, and the improvements are quite noticeable. i got a number of kills i wouldn't have gotten without it. the accuracy + damage at range are decent, and falloff only kicks in after 500m.

so .. it's become better, and it's great for ninjaing kills. i hope we can get lots of them within the outfit, as they're potentially REALLY effective en masse (for example: killing incoming galaxies much faster with 10 lancers than with 10 bursters, 300m+ sniping)
    Last edited by qaz; 27-03-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Obscure Node
    Don't know if you saw this:

It's from a guy who made a new NC char and trialed the Phoenix btw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    We had a lot of Lancers tonight at Xelas. It was pretty great. I think it is an awesome weapon now, really quite useful. It just rips apart sunderers when you have 5+.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by Xxotic View Post

I was called TR for saying it needs nerfs in game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Heh, first two deaths I had last night was from being sniped with the phoenix.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Heh i tried sniping at the crown a few nights ago and after killing 2 guys the pheonixs started raining. I mean serious i had like 5-6 guys shooting missiles at me from behind a rock. It was impossible to even peek out from the building i was hiding in. Constant rain of missiles looking for a target.

Edit: Had one of them hit my scythe yesterday as well, though that is what you get for hovering a bit but it was a pretty damn long shot that no other launcher in the game could do and its a 1-hit-kill. Kinda ridiculous that those things deal basically 3x the damage of the lancer and 2x the damage or a G2A launcher against ESFs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    They should put a range on it where the further it gets from the user it harder it is to control, or that t he user needs to maintain visual contact with it at a ll times or it auto detonates. That you can fire it from behind rocks and just fly around looking for easy targets it a joke.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This was entirely predictable.

Infantry fights with NC in Planetside 1 were pretty damn tedious, as there again you'd have the weather a constant barrage of Phoenixes launched from behind cover. I said as much when they announced the Phoenix for PS2, and here we are again, whinging about how irritating (and importantly, far from game-breaking) the Phoenix is.

Edit:
    Videos like that also emphasize an important tactical point - we really shouldn't ever be moving on foot across open ground to a target. Sunderer/Galaxy up to buildings, then infantry fight through them.
    Last edited by CMaster; 28-03-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Well, they are Space 'Murica. Of course they would resort to drone warfare.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Videos like that also emphasize an important tactical point - we really shouldn't ever be moving on foot across open ground to a target. Sunderer/Galaxy up to buildings, then infantry fight through them.
    Well, the Phoenix is not bad against vehicles either. Right now every NC is using to farm infantry kills but with the recent buffs to assist XP i'm expecting NC to start targeting tanks a lot more ...

I hope the phoenix doesn't become the Anni 2.0 (or rather the 3.0 since the Striker is 2.0).

Higby's tweeted they're looking at an NV-type camera to make it more difficult to snipe infantry with it. It actually never occurred to me that it would be that easy to snipe with it - I think I must've tested it out at pretty close ranges where the vertical manouveurability kills it for what he's doing in the video.

I read that the Phoenix missiles aren't rendering properly as well, which doesn't help seeing as the idea was that they could be shot down to counter them.

^ Drones would be kind of cool. Not armed ones, but just for spotting enemy positions.

That video was before the changes to the Phoenix though.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The problem with that solution is that the markers for infantry etc is still visible, which is the same problem smoke/NV scopes have. You still see the markers on units so people just aim for that instead of the actual character model.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxotic View Post

[vid]

Thomas the Tank Engine = greatest theme tune ever? Discuss.

Also I like the Phoenix camera fix they are talking about, it addresses the problem without just laying down the nerfs. Although they could just treat it like the lancer and make it take more than one shot to kill infantry.

It may be possible to force the HUD off whilst the missile's in flight? That's the only solution I can see at the moment.

oh, btw, it is actually now harder to control when it closes the max range, possible, but harder than before. Starting manuverability is way better though. At least at the moment it works almost as well as Striker actually in score department.

On the other topic:

http://i.imgur.com/5RQp898.jpg

from here http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i.../#post-1477748
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 28-03-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    yay! another lancer buff is inbound. cof will be eliminated from scoped fire!

Considering SVA88 has quite a lot higher ROF, much lower recoil and just a bit less damage it seems like the obvious choice for mid range.
    Find me on the Steams