Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1765
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    If you make it so you need to maintain contact for a short amount of time to get a 1 headshot kill it would give the target time to react, which is more than you get vs. bolt actions. That would be traded off for the pinpoint accuracy. You would still have to be really good to track a moving target or catch someone with their pants down, which is kind of similar how the normal bolt actions work.

Scope sway could perhaps stop the accuracy being too exploitable.

I just like the sound of burning people with lasers.
    Now we'll have lock on sign for infantry
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I've nicked Meloncrab's 1st code - cheers mate

Network Hub
    More codes:

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...G0M-31GD-0P9BA
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...R8S-78HS-9I3WT
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...P0L-96XO-5P3MW

Informative site! RPS would have to raise $83000 to be rid of me :s Also, I should only play Medic, never Light Assault :'(

Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    More codes:

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...G0M-31GD-0P9BA
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...R8S-78HS-9I3WT
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...P0L-96XO-5P3MW

Informative site! RPS would have to raise $83000 to be rid of me :s Also, I should only play Medic, never Light Assault :'(
    Nicked the 1st code.

Hmm, site says it's invalid, trying 2nd one...it worked.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The site's stats are not flawless - it seems, for example, to not count deaths from a long time ago, leading some of our members to apparently have 500:1 K with certain weapons.

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...N0N-86SW-0T8TE
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/uac/r...V4A-53CH-1W4YE

/ps2/uac/register/?referer=JS87-GY1K-85LM-3A9GR

/ps2/uac/register/?referer=PD70-MU0T-49YH-8B5GW

/ps2/uac/register/?referer=KT65-NS0I-77VT-7C5US

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    The site's stats are not flawless - it seems, for example, to not count deaths from a long time ago, leading some of our members to apparently have 500:1 K with certain weapons.
    If you checked Titan cannon KPH last week, you'd see that Vanguard kills 30k people per hour and almost same amount of vehicles
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Network Hub
    Haha yeah, it claims I have 1700 kills as a Heavy with 5% playtime, and 1300 kills as engineer with 53% playtime In my case its not just only omitting old data, it generates data or wrongly attributes data to the wrong classes and/or weapons.

Activated Node
    Taken b3ll3nd's 3rd code.

So, I bought a Corvus and so far I really like it for the medium range stuff. It's good on Esamir, in Amp station courtyards and the area near Indar Excavation. I run with HVA, Foregrip, Compensator and a 3.4 red dot scope. It's insanely accurate if you fire in bursts.

And at 250 certs it's well worth the price.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Using the same setup but 2x scope instead. If you have decent aim it will kill people very fast simply due to landing headshots even on full auto.

Another bonus, when a H-V45 user is reloading you have half you mag left to kill people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Corvus is only 250c?! D:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    It's insanely accurate if you fire in bursts.
    Seriously, where do you guys all get this Corvus that you use. Because it sounds great, but I just can't find the same from my gun.

Because mine bounces around all over the place, even in bursts. At long ranges I don't do any more with it than irritate people.
    At medium range, I hit a higher shots hit % and get the kill faster with the H-V45 (with foregrip). Sure, there's the H-V45s admittedly crippling ammo issue (1-3 kills per mag depending on range and fire control). But the Corvus has the far bigger problem of an epic TTK, meaning targets either get away to cover, or just turn around and kill me faster.

Activated Node
    Seriously, where do you guys all get this Corvus that you use. Because it sounds great, but I just can't find the same from my gun.
    Have you tried the CME? i've heard from various sources that it is another alternative for a mid-long range medic weapon.
    Last edited by JimmySteve123; 28-10-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Network Hub
    My gameplay has become quite twisted in the last couple of days, ever since I almost exclusively play engineer. I place anti-personal mines around corners. I throw sticky grenades at people so they run away to their friends and blow them up. And I one-shot people with my under-barrel grenade-launcher from leagues away. I also use lock-on A2A missiles in my scythe and get hate-tells from liberator pilots. And I sometimes get more kills from running people over with my harasser than my halberd gunner.

This post was actually meant as an appreciation post for the Solstice SF and its grenade-launcher but ended up as a love letter towards anything explosive and mean.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmySteve123 View Post
    Have you tried the CME? i've heard from various sources that it is another alternative for a mid-long range medic weapon.
    Yeah, tried it. It's uninteresting really - the Corvus to me is better.
    It's just that my experiences so far have shown me that the H-V45 (with foregrip, that part is actually quite important) is the best gun for a Vanu medic, up until the range where engaging is pretty pointless. I still grab the Corvus for long-range pot shots, and dealing with the ants running up the hill. But it's nowhere near as good as the long-range focused LMGs at that job, and in any other situation you're better off not bothering until you get closer to them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Because mine bounces around all over the place, even in bursts. At long ranges I don't do any more with it than irritate people.
    Which scope do you use?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meloncrab View Post
    This post was actually meant as an appreciation post for the Solstice SF and its grenade-launcher but ended up as a love letter towards anything explosive and mean.
    I hope you have experienced the joys of the Scythe PPA, because that thing is just ridiculous and well in league with the other things you mentioned. :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Which scope do you use?
    2 x Reflex.
    I've also got a 3.4x and a 1x I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    2 x Reflex.
    I've also got a 3.4x and a 1x I think.
    Perhaps go down to 1x and work your way up once you feel more comfortable. Also, although labeled long range, I find 167 dpr weapons are best for medium ranges, 30-70m.

As for bursting, I find that 2 5-round bursts work up to 50m, and beyond that 3-round bursts. Too much bursting, and the recoil becomes worse than just holding down the trigger (try it in VR). The reason being the first shot recoil multiplier, so 3 bursts will move the muzzle more vertically than a continuous press of the trigger.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 28-10-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    I used my Corvus all the way to Auraxium and after that bought the H-V45 with the certs I was granted. To me these weapons are pretty much eachother's opposite.

Corvus is designed for ADS at medium range, with high damage and low rate of fire. H-V45 is for firing from the hip up close and personal, with medium damage and high rate of fire. All this is of course common knowledge around here.

That said, I used my Corvus with a laser sight, because it is so accurate and the recoil nearly non-existent, making aiming down sights a walk in the park even without the foregrip. I mostly used iron sights because a) 1.3X magnification is sufficient, gives a larger field of view and doesn't trick you into shooting targets that are better taken care of with a battle rifle and b) helps me zeroing in on targets due to the concentric circles in view.

What really made me like the Corvus was the extremely smooth operation. I have not encountered a single full auto infantry weapon in the game that has as little recoil and bullet spread. It is just very nice to shoot. I do not find the H-V45 anywhere near as smooth. The side-to-side recoil makes it very jittery. Nevertheless, the H-V45 is powerful and will save your life much more often than the Corvus, because most encounters are in close quarters and that's when you need to kill quickly. At longer ranges, quick kills matter less, since you can easily get into cover.

CMaster, I really can't understand how you experience the Corvus the way you describe. My tip would be to try it with iron sights, that's what I have found most rewarding.