Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1842
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Why? I kinda want to experiment with LS on Sweeper or JH.
    It might have merit on the jackhammer (fuck that thing, btw), but on most others the LS just doesn't seem to do all that much to the pellets. My only shotgun is the nova, and i always thought that The increased mag size was superior to every other option simply because it allowed you to kill more guys in a single go. Same goes for the pandora (full auto).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Did small test run, seems LS only works when Slugs are equiped, so JH has no benefit from it. Only possible working combination I see would be Sweeper, slugs and LS. Not great, but would work.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Network Hub
    What does babby put on the lasher? If anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaz View Post
    What does babby put on the lasher? If anything?
    I usually run with ext mags and and NV scope. NV is useful is unlike the other scopes, the particle effects dont take up as much of your screen when firing

Ext Mags and 2x Scope.

I use the 2x for long range suppression, which I do quite a lot of. 2x lets you put 4-5 round bursts into doorways from 100+ meters out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I run extended mags and NV on my Lasher. Primarily to handle any smoke grenades and all of the smoke effects from explosions and stuff.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    NV? The disco orbs don't blind it? I'll check it out. What about the laser, worth it for hipfire?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmaz View Post
    NV? The disco orbs don't blind it? I'll check it out. What about the laser, worth it for hipfire?
    The Lasher has decent hipfire as-is, but nothing wrong with the laser sight on it. That said, considering the fact that you might be spamming Lasher rounds through a doorway for minutes at a time, Extended Mags help with that role.

NV is excellent on the Lasher, partly because you can see a bit better, but mostly because enemies will smoke chokepoints. Seriously, inside BioLab SCU-gen defenses, they will start pouring smoke in like crazy. It's very, very useful to have NV on the Lasher to focus on enemies as they come in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    The thing is that the laser sight is only really worth it in close-up 1on1 situations. And you are unlikely to survive those anyway. The lasher just isn't a good direct fire weapon. It's decent, but it get beaten by a lot of weapons in this area. So I would tend to say that the increased mag is pretty much the only attachment that is worth it.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Laser is useless on it. Just scope in. Unless you get the drop on people you won't win any 1v1 anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    So they've buffed the coyote and having tried it a little bit post buff I'm tempted to give it the Wally Golden Nuke Trophy of overpoweredness. It's not crazy but it's great for anti infantry if you have moderate aiming capability and it's handy in a dogfight. The only downside to it is that you sacrifice the extra after burner fuel. I've never used that but I understand a lot of people think it's useful for dogfights. Anyway, if you fancy some easy kills get the coyote (NOW!) and apply thermal scope.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Network Hub
    I have been trying to make the Coyotes work, but it's really difficult. Hitting your average Lv. 100 Reaver pilot in a hover fight seems more luck than judgement, as the rockets max velocity is still really really slow. The only time I have scored consistent deliberate hits with them is when I got directly behind people obliviously lining up rocketpods, but then I could have done more damage with any nose gun.

That said, I only had eight minutes of playtime with the newly buffed versions, so I'll give them another go when the login server hates me less.

The way I've found to score reliable coyote hits in a dog fight is to be really close. This happens frequently in the average hover fight as each ESF passes in a jousting like move. If you can dodge their hits and fire the coyotes as they pass then you'll win the fight. It's amazing how much the coyotes will curve at short ranges - it literally doesn't matter which way you are pointing.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I've only had any luck using them as finishers for libs so far, will try to to cert thermal for them and test them against inf as well.

Reload speed or larger magazine size?

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Reload speed or larger magazine size?
    I'm using reload (lvl 2 I think) and loving it. I hear that max rank is ridiculously quick reload. Mag size seems unnecessary because they are to be used in combo with the nose gun when dogfighting and against inf it's not necessary.

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Agreed about the coyotes in dogfights. They are amazing when you fire a volley just before you pass an opponent. I haven't tried them post-buff versus infantry, but I will give it a go as well.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

I've settled on this setup after the patch, Hailstorm, Coyotes, Engagement radar (maxed out), Auto repair and dogfighting. The engagement radar is really nice for AA duty, I pick up enemies I wouldn't have noticed otherwise and can turn and face them instead of being shot in the back. The career pilots still shoot me down in a magazine and a half anyway of course. ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've played around with engagement radar a bit (certed it fully even since it was cheap) but I'm not sold over yet. It might be good to have on dark nights, but most of the time I manage to spot enemies before they show up on engagement radar. Considering the buff to fire suppression, I think I'll stick to those a while.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

So yeah, coyotes pretty good against massed infantry now.

http://i.imgur.com/sCKwQ0U.jpg

Ideal conditions, packed landing pad at a bioloab, but still, don't think I would have done as well with the photon pods.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    So yeah, coyotes pretty good against massed infantry now.

http://i.imgur.com/sCKwQ0U.jpg

Ideal conditions, packed landing pad at a bioloab, but still, don't think I would have done as well with the photon pods.
    Why did they buff them?! They were pretty decent before, now they're crazy. I just hope the nerf hammer doesn't hit too hard... oh well, make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Wally is now on Steam!