Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1824
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Well that'll make my role on CCEU that much more interesting.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

detect bolts last six pulses, very short time.
    managed to spam 4 of them or so at once..

explosive bolts, took 8 to take down a max in the VR

Lesser Hivemind Node
    how much splash damage do they have? I think that still doesnt work in VR

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    how much splash damage do they have? I think that still doesnt work in VR
    none it appears, I tested in VR by shooting between the feet (into the ground), nothing registered as a hit

interestingly when I then shot them in the foot, that registered as a headshot..

the stalker suit on the inf is very good

does the vr automatically put you on the max cert'd version? I was able to remain in stealth indefinitely. I was surprised at how long the timer took to go down, you can move for 15 seconds until it runs out.. with adrenaline pump, I sprinted for over 100meters until it ran out..

Quote Originally Posted by Henlaaz View Post
    interestingly when I then shot them in the foot, that registered as a headshot..
    "I was in Infiltrator like you, until I took an arrow to the knee"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    Stalker cloak and the new crossbow make for interesting times.

[trolololol video of infil shenanigans]
    Here's how I analyse that video (which was glorious):

70% player skill
    20% stalker cloak
    8% knife
    2% crossbow

Which is my way of saying "crossbows look fun but stalker cloak opens up a whole new playstyle: ambushing!"

I know what I'll be working on in the near future...
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a similar video (without stalker cloak) doing the rounds with just a TR repeater, so yeah, crossbow not required.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm sure that the only thing stopping those sorts of shenanigans from being more common (with or without stalker cloak) is how buggy popping in and out of stealth is.

the stalker suit on the inf is very good

does the vr automatically put you on the max cert'd version?
    Yes. All suit slots automatically max out in VR.

1 xbow shot, 1xknife strike is a kill, i think thats what he was doing, the uncloak, shoot, knife, recloak move was very slick

mlg key binds

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    none it appears, I tested in VR by shooting between the feet (into the ground), nothing registered as a hit

aoe damage is bugged in vr. at least it was last i checked
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    1 xbow shot, 1xknife strike is a kill, i think thats what he was doing, the uncloak, shoot, knife, recloak move was very slick

mlg key binds
    Key binds or macro?

Once you have the timings down I imagine a single key press for that sequence makes it incredibly easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

the thread on reddit says its possible to shoot and knife strike in one go..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    the thread on reddit says its possible to shoot and knife strike in one go..
    Yes, it is possible to shoot and knife at the same time. I have my middle mouse button bound to melee, which means that if I press the left and middle mouse buttons at the same time, I fire a shot from the equipped weapon simultaneously with a knife sweep.

This technique has always been possible and can be executed for an instant kill with a semi-automatic shotgun, a 400+ damage sniper rifle, an Underboss or Commissioner, and now the crossbow. These different weapons are effective to various degrees depending on the nanoweave level of the target. The knife does 625 damage, so any attack that adds at least 375 damage will result in a kill. A Rebel or Cerberus headshot adds 500 damage, so that is another, but trickier, route to go. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So apparently there is now a class quiz in the game, with the reward of an extra loadout slot, plus

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    thanatos (250 cert shotgun)-now free

One of: pulsar lsw (100 cert LMG)/pulsar C (250 cert long range carbine)/corvus (250 cert long range AR)/cosmos(left, 250 cert AV max)/ghost (bolt action low zoom sniper) -free with quiz

cell camo free

Motion spotter 1
    Drifter jets 1
    Adv. shield capacitor 1 for some classes, nanoweave 1 for medic free.
    And a boost.
    So which of these weapons would people recommend getting? I know the Thanatos is meant to be good, but do you get that on top of everything else anyway? Also, is the Ghost actually good? Since that's the one which seems most interesting to me. Otherwise might be tempted by the Pulsar C.
    Last edited by Rizlar; 28-02-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    So apparently there is now a class quiz in the game, with the reward of an extra loadout slot, plus

So which of these weapons would people recommend getting? I know the Thanatos is meant to be good, but do you get that on top of everything else anyway? Also, is the Ghost actually good? Since that's the one which seems most interesting to me. Otherwise might be tempted by the Pulsar C.
    Thanatos is a sort of Jack-of-all-Trades weapon. Reasonable, middle of the road shotgun. Out DPS'd by the Pandora, and lacks the OHK potential of the PA shotguns.

The Ghost has the options of taking low-magnification optics, so you can use it as a bolt-action rifle if you don't like sniping. If you do like sniping, it's perfectly reasonable (I'm not a good sniper, I use it with 2x Optic and aim for the head).

Pulsar C is a great weapon, I think. It rewards accuracy, and in particular, it rewards being in an advantageous position. The low ROF makes it a bad choice for CQC, but if you can guarantee the drop on someone, and can hit the head, you can cleanly and efficiently dispatch multiple enemies without needing to reload. It's not the most accurate carbine, but the kick makes headshots a bit easier (and the low ROF makes it controllable).

Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    Thanatos is a sort of Jack-of-all-Trades weapon. Reasonable, middle of the road shotgun. Out DPS'd by the Pandora, and lacks the OHK potential of the PA shotguns.
    The Thanatos has the fastest short and long reload times at 2.05 and 3.36s making it great for tower battles or really anywhere where you can duck in and out of cover quickly. It also has a low pellet spread, making it easier to land hits at a slightly longer effective range without switching to slug ammo.

You get the Thanatos (and some suit slots and other stuff for each class) free.

Then you can choose between Ghost/Pulsar C/LSW/Cosmos/Corvus.

PuslarC and Corvus are long range rifles. They're automatic and best with a 3.4x scope on them, fighting on open ground. They're really good in outside fights, like the Quartz Ridge/Indar Excavation fight, Esamir outdoor fights, the open areas of the new Amerish. Stuff like that.

Ghost is a bolt-action sniper (like the XM98) but then with access to sub-6x optics. It's great with a 4x scope (no sway!) for more close in sniping, say up to 150 meters.

The LSW is an average LMG, and the cheapest weapon in the set. If you want it, buy it with certs (only 100). The other weapons you can get in this bundle are 250 certs.

My picking guide would be:
    If you don't have Corvus/Pulsar C and play those classes, get that. Otherwise get the Ghost. Don't bother with the LSW. Only get the Cosmos if you have everything else.